When your chart doesn't exactly support artistic leanings but you have the talent

Praymantus

Hey all. So this is something that has been on my mind for months. I am currently a student in art and while I'm not the "best" artist around or anything like that, I am a decent drawer and lean towards arts/craftsy endeavors in general more than other areas.
However, I've done some research on natal charts of people who are also in art-related fields, cartoonists, old masters, everything in between and find that 70-80% of them have Taurus, Libra, or Pisces prominent (meaning as their Sun, Moon, ASC or MC sign). I have ran into some who do not, but they are much fewer in number. I have none of these signs prominent (only Taurus Mars). I don't even think Venus is strong in my chart.

So I want to know what you think of this. I know the stars impel but do not compel...
My chart is attached below.

Attachments

• Chartt.jpg
    Chartt.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 54

LyP

same thing to me,my chart don't show any talent,but i have
what you like to do?

maybe is your moon in 5 house, and neptune in 2 indicates something
with this you can earn money with "neptunian things"
i have neptune in 2 also

if somebody expert in astrology say to you that your chart don't indicate any artistic inclination
try to look the "faces and decans" of your planets

i don't understand so much

ukdesifem

Life is about taking risks. if you want to, go ahead.

but then a natal chart is just a loose blueprint, it's not how we SHOULD our energies.

SL123

I see strong Creative, Artistic, Speaking, and Writing talent. Your Venus exactly conjuncts Chiron. According to Magi, you are blessed with Strong Cinderella aspect of making your dreams come true). Venus conjuncts Mercury and is an acceptable conjunction to the Sun. Your Ruler, Jupiter in the 9th house (acts like a permanent Jupiter conjunct Jupiter) gives you the opportunity for international success and trines your Uranus conjunct Neptune in the 2nd House (House of Taurus and Venus). This can also be interpreted as artistic. Moon in the 5th can be subconscious creativity and Pluto in the 12 (House of Pisces and Neptune) is more confirmation for an artistic destiny.

Taurus, Libra, or Pisces are strongly represented in your chart :smile:

Taurus and Libra are represented by a strong Venus and planets in the 2nd house.

Pisces is represented by Pluto in the 12th and Jupiter (ruler) trine Neptune in the 2nd (House of Taurus and Venus).

Always follow your Heart and Soul’s desire. At the very least, it will bring you Peace and guide you to where you belong…

Kannon

Neptune [21S36] is parallel the Asc [21S40] of this chart. That alone indicates imagination and Sagittarius, the broad-minded lens of your personality that allows for perspective.

Not only that, but you definitely have a near exact parallel between Venus [18N46] and Mars [18N41], which are Quintile each other in longitude aspect. Quintiles and bi-quintiles are creative aspects.

In addition, the Moon in the 5th house aspects Jupiter by sessquisquare.

I'd say there's plenty of creative potential displayed in this chart. You just have to read what isn't displayed in the 'flat sky' round wheel chart.

So you've just made an excellent case for why the current charting system is still in the dark ages and why declinations are indispensable to interpreting any chart.

Praymantus

It's been months, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has replied to this thread and given their input.

No Arena, I have not relocated. I was born in a city that is barely ten or twenty minutes from where I live now.

SL123, I know it is probably really late by now but I am interested in seeing where you see writing or speaking talent in the chart. But overall, what you have given me is good.

The information you have provided is very intriguing Kannon! I do need to do more research into minor aspects.

JUPITERASC

Hey all. So this is something that has been on my mind for months. I am currently a student in art and while I'm not the "best" artist around or anything like that, I am a decent drawer and lean towards arts/craftsy endeavors in general more than other areas.
However, I've done some research on natal charts of people who are also in art-related fields, cartoonists, old masters, everything in between and find that 70-80% of them have Taurus, Libra, or Pisces prominent (meaning as their Sun, Moon, ASC or MC sign). I have ran into some who do not, but they are much fewer in number. I have none of these signs prominent (only Taurus Mars). I don't even think Venus is strong in my chart.

So I want to know what you think of this. I know the stars impel but do not compel...
My chart is attached below.
Your natal ascendant ruler Jupiter is in 10th Sign in Virgo
and so is an influence on your career

Mercury rules Virgo
and
as is evident when we examine the kinds of People Signified by Mercury
and we find
:

' Literary men, philosophers, mathematicians, astrologers,
merchants, secretaries, deeds writers (for lawyers/legal services) diviners,
sculptors, poets, orators, advocates, schoolmasters, stationers, printers,
exchangers of money, attorneys, embassadors to emporers, commissioners, clerks,
skilled craftsmen/designers, generally accomplished person who are experts,
solicitors, sometimes thieves, prattling muddy ministers, busy sectaries, and they unlearned;
grammarians, tailors, carriers, messengers, footmen, usurers....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/mercury_att.html#5

the list clearly includes people with artistic traits

i.e.
skilled craftsmen/designers
sculptors
tailors
poets
philosphers
literary men

and so your chart does 'support literary leanings'
:smile:

Sweet Pea

Leo's are self-expressive and so they are creative. Look at how much Leo you have!

Also have you checked for asteroid Pallas, another indicator of arts and crafts talent?

david starling

A while back I asked a question concerning the way a chart indicates the outlet(s) for creative expression. Now, we're getting somewhere! This is incredibly important. Thanks for the specific question and these excellent answers. Apparently, I should have gone directly to the Vocational Forum.