some advice for my mars please?:(

meowll

My Mars is in Aries, so it should feel at home, but I don't exactly act upon it. I have difficulties expressing myself in an assertive way, I'm rather passive-aggressive, and I don't have enough confidence to act most of the time. The impusivity and fast pace that should come with this placement? Lost on me. I was thinking that it could be because Mars squares my Neptune and Uranus in Capricorn. Any thoughts on this? Mars is also in sextile with my Moon/Venus (they're conjunct). Should this give me any clues on what I should do to revitalize my Mars? T__T Thank youu

Oddity

What house is it in, and what house does it rule?

If it's cadent, it's not going to act much, and if it rules, say, the 11th house, it could just describe your friends, but not you personally.

meowll

It's in my 9th house on the equal houses system and in my 10th if you use aaaaa an unequal houses system, like the one they use on horoscopeswithin for example. I know they have a name but I'm just starting on astrology and I have no idea... So if I take it like it's in my 9th, it's not so important, but it'd be important in the 10th?

JUPITERASC

My Mars is in Aries, so it should feel at home, but I don't exactly act upon it. I have difficulties expressing myself in an assertive way, I'm rather passive-aggressive, and I don't have enough confidence to act most of the time. The impusivity and fast pace that should come with this placement? Lost on me. I was thinking that it could be because Mars squares my Neptune and Uranus in Capricorn. Any thoughts on this? Mars is also in sextile with my Moon/Venus (they're conjunct). Should this give me any clues on what I should do to revitalize my Mars? T__T Thank youu
What's your ascendant sign? :smile:

JUPITERASC

I have Cancer as my ascendant:)
so then according to Whole Sign Houses
your natal Mars is in 10th Whole Sign House
:smile:

easily check this on Extended Chart Selection Page of astro.com
there you find a selection of fourteen different house systems
and if
whole sign houses is selected
then whole sign houses shows a 10th House Mars

experiment by selecting any other house system
such as Alcabitius for example
and notice that the house location of any planet
is entirely dependent on the house system chosen

meowll

Aaa, thank you. So...how are we supposed to know which position is the 'right' one, then? Is there such thing as a right position, or house system?o.o Because in the system used by the astrology course I'm attending, it's in the 9th...

JUPITERASC

Aaa, thank you.
So...
how are we supposed to know which position is the 'right' one, then?

Is there such thing as a right position, or house system?o.o

Because in the system used by the astrology course I'm attending, it's in the 9th...
There is no "right" or "wrong" house system :smile:
astrologers all have their own personal preferences

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

'...In no other area of astrology is there so much mess and confusion than in the area of the so-called "houses".
There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.

Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable or meant the same thing. A planet in Aries was also a planet in the house of Aries,
so that in effect. there were no real houses as we know them today
....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope,
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed or confused as means of dividing the birth chart.

The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites, for example, were definite power points or areas of intense focus,
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant
. ....'

Lin

Anyway, Mars doesn't rule assertiveness. It rules aggressiveness. And square to Neptune WILL cause confusion....and will weaken the Mars focus. But your other planets are necessary to give advice about how to deal with this Mars
So maybe you can post your chart so we can see all the aspects to and from Mars.
LIN

JUPITERASC

ASTROLOGICAL SIGNIFICATIONS OF THE PLANET MARS http://www.skyscript.co.uk/marsatt.html :smile:

MARS Manners when well dignified:
"....In feats of war and courage, invincible, scorning any should exceed him, subject to no reason,
bold, confident, immovable, contentious, challenging all honour to themselves, valiant,
lovers of war and things pertaining thereunto, hazarding himself to all perils, willingly will obey nobody; nor submit to any;
a large reporter of his own acts, one that fights all things in comparison of victory,
and yet of prudent behaviour in his own affairs....."

MARS Manners when badly placed:
"....Then he is a prattler without modesty or honesty, a lover of slaughter and quarrels, murder, theivery,
a promoter of sedition, frays, and commotions, and highway-thief, as wavering as the wind,
a traitor, of turbulent spirit, perjurer, obscene, rash, inhumane,
neither fearing God or caring for man, unthankful, treacherous, oppressors, ravenous, cheater, furious, violent..."

meowll

Anyway, Mars doesn't rule assertiveness. It rules aggressiveness. And square to Neptune WILL cause confusion....and will weaken the Mars focus. But your other planets are necessary to give advice about how to deal with this Mars
So maybe you can post your chart so we can see all the aspects to and from Mars.
LIN

I was thinking assertiveness as a way of expressing natural aggressivity...not in a bad way, just..expressing yourself, because that's a form of aggressivity too, no? But yeah,assertiveness is more than that...:) I'm posting my chart. Thank you!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_sorana.63216.8822.gif
    astro_2gw_01_sorana.63216.8822.gif
    49.1 KB · Views: 38

Krewster

Another aspectual indicator of your Mars' non-Arian traits can be found in one of the triangles in which it participates: 30-72-40 with the Sun and Sat.

This is one of the few fusion triangular configs composed entirely of positive aspects. So enjoy getting to know it...

Vyri

Banned
Laid back 9th Mars it seems you just might look to your Uranian placement for that assertiveness where with the effective Venus catalyst-makes a most perfect attempt at un-ruffleing others feathers in your chart. The rulership book by Rex E. Bills gives Uranus as another avenue that allows assertiveness (not to argue but I think Mars is listed as a ways and means of that trait, being at home in His sign in Aries) from where He lists his sign rulership allows for the harmonious expression, but remember they are Malifics in horary as well as in the native configurations.
At this time Mars is in Taurus and is in Harmony with Jupiter (they share a harmonious displacement, author Doris Chase Doone announces by brotherhood of light lessons.) for whatever theme they are about (house rulers) in the chart.:happy:
P.S. If Mars is in the 10th His effect may resonate as once bitten twice shy-a theme of your character traits? You may be uneasily aware of past youthful experiences that lead to altercations-ones that were involved in making your attempts to smooth things over w result in bending over backwards-with parents or other's in authority-a catalyst to making anyone wish to develop psychology in their backbone.
A great temperament of character by the way, some come by it naturally because of youthful life experiences- a sort of positive evolving
All the best
Vyri

Last edited:

meowll

Another aspectual indicator of your Mars' non-Arian traits can be found in one of the triangles in which it participates: 30-72-40 with the Sun and Sat.

This is one of the few fusion triangular configs composed entirely of positive aspects. So enjoy getting to know it...

Aaaa thank you:) could you please tell me more about this configuration?

Laid back 9th Mars is seems you just might look to your Uranus for assertiveness that Venus makes a most perfect attempt to un-ruffle others feathers by in your chart. The rulership book by Rex E. Bills gives Uranus as another positive avenue that allows assertiveness (not to argue but I think Mars is listed as a ways and means of that trait, being at home in His sign in Aries also) from where He lists, but remember they are Malifics in horary as well as in the native configurations.
At this time Mars is in Taurus but is in Harmony with Jupiter (they share a harmonious displacement, author Doris Chase Doone announces by brotherhood of light lessons.) for whatever theme they are about in the chart.:happy:
P.S. If Mars is in the 10th maybe once bitten twice shy is the theme of your character traits right now. You may be uneasily be aware of past youthful experiences that lead to altercations- ones that were involved in making your attempts to bend over backward to smooth things over apparent-with your parents or other's-a catalyst to making anyone wish to develop psychology in their backbone.
A great temperament of character evolving
All the best
Vyri

thank you!

Vyri

Banned
In her book Modern Horary Astrology Author Doane gives a graph of considerations where planets create a harmony-dignity with others in signs taken from the CC Zain method of horoscopy. To that I will give some of the planets upon that list. Pluto is in Harmony within Aries and Inharmony within Libra, Neptune in harmony in Cancer, inharmony in Capricorn, Uranus harmony Libra Inharmony Aries....The book is definitive of the descriptions.
Vyri
Don't know why the thumbs down but it is what it is....
sorry

Krewster

Been away...

yes, the novile, semi-sexitle, quintile fusion triangle is beyond positive for participating planets.

perhaps have a read on the net about each and feel free to pose more questions based on your reactions to what you read.