Libra And Saturn

Taurus9

I keep picking up a Saturnian kind of energy from Libra. I wonder what this is.

Some hypotheses:

- Air is like Saturn in some way
- A half dark side of Venus is also ruled by Saturn
- My Venus is very heavily negatively influenced by Saturn
- I consider their attempt to "balance" rules they have learnt anywhere an unnecessary dogmatic punishing strictness
- Their "mutability" is just a fickle changeability to do whatever keeps up good-looking public appearances at the time, not too dissimilar to Capricorn

Anyone relate to any of these or can offer a better reason?

katydid

Saturn is exalted in Libra.

Libra is the sign of balance and Saturn is the Planet of balance or Justice, hence exalted in Libra?

CapAquaPis

A proposed realignment of planet rulerships said Saturn should be ruler of Libra - which I believe is possible. Here are the list of changed planet rulerships:
Sun-Aries, Mercury-Taurus, Venus-Gemini, Moon/Ceres-Cancer, Mars-Leo, Jupiter-Virgo, Saturn-Libra, Uranus-Scorpio, Neptune/Chiron-Sagittarius, Pluto-Capricorn, Eris-Aquarius, Sedna-Pisces.
The current or offical planet rulership listings goes as stated:
Mars-Aries, Venus-Taurus, Mercury-Gemini, Moon-Cancer, Sun-Leo, Mercury-Virgo, Venus-Libra, Mars/Pluto-Scorpio, Jupiter/Neptune-Sagittarius, Saturn/Uranus-Capricorn, Uranus/Saturn-Aquarius, Neptune/Jupiter-Pisces.
Saturn's exaltation in Libra (planet currently in the sign) will have a special effect on Sun Libras than any other sun sign group. Btw, are you a Sun Libra?

katydid

A proposed realignment of planet rulerships said Saturn should be ruler of Libra - which I believe is possible. Here are the list of changed planet rulerships:
Sun-Aries, Mercury-Taurus, Venus-Gemini, Moon/Ceres-Cancer, Mars-Leo, Jupiter-Virgo, Saturn-Libra, Uranus-Scorpio, Neptune/Chiron-Sagittarius, Pluto-Capricorn, Eris-Aquarius, Sedna-Pisces.
Mars-Aries, Venus-Taurus, Mercury-Gemini, Moon-Cancer, Sun-Leo, Mercury-Virgo, Venus-Libra, Mars/Pluto-Scorpio, Jupiter/Neptune-Sagittarius, Saturn/Uranus-Capricorn, Uranus/Saturn-Aquarius, Neptune/Jupiter-Pisces.
Saturn's exaltation in Libra (planet currently in the sign) will have a special effect on Sun Libras than any other sun sign group. Btw, are you a Sun Libra?

Mercury ruler of Taurus, Venus ruler of Gemini? Cannot see it one bit...:annoyed:

Taurus9

Btw, are you a Sun Libra?

No. I am Sun Taurus, 9th house.

Mercury ruler of Taurus, Venus ruler of Gemini? Cannot see it one bit...:annoyed:

Also struggle to see this one, but it is interesting. I am Taurus but I have a lot of Mercury so when Mercury Trines Venus or Venus Trines Mercury I feel a lot of love. That said, Gemini cannot always love as deeply in return which is sad. At least I feel I have waited too long already to see it...

Last edited:
No. I am Sun Taurus, 9th house.

Also struggle to see this one, but it is interesting. I am Taurus but I have a lot of Mercury so when Mercury Trines Venus or Venus Trines Mercury I feel a lot of love. That said, Gemini cannot always love as deeply in return which is sad. At least I feel I have waited too long already to see it...

You have a Gemini Venus?
I do, never felt it got in the way at all.

sadge

Whoa. I'm gonna have to think about this one, Mr. Hard Balls. Kinda feeling like I prefer to bury my head in the sand lest I risk a total overhaul to my worldview..... but I can adaptable when necessary......

sadge

I keep picking up a Saturnian kind of energy from Libra. I wonder what this is.

Some hypotheses:

- Air is like Saturn in some way
- A half dark side of Venus is also ruled by Saturn
- My Venus is very heavily negatively influenced by Saturn
- I consider their attempt to "balance" rules they have learnt anywhere an unnecessary dogmatic punishing strictness
- Their "mutability" is just a fickle changeability to do whatever keeps up good-looking public appearances at the time, not too dissimilar to Capricorn

Anyone relate to any of these or can offer a better reason?

I get where you're going with this in general terms, at least when speaking of the overall archetype and meaning of Libra. But it might be helpful to think of how the sign manifests in different ways according to the planets. For example, a sun consciously strives to be "Libra" while a moon simply IS "Libra"..... does that make sense? You can apply that same principle to all the signs.....think of the difference between a Gemini sun vs. moon, an Aquarius sun vs. moon, etc.

Some of what you're describing is observed in some sun signs who may struggle to find themselves within a Libra-esque ideal in their conscious minds....that obsession with superficial beauty, how they are perceived in relation to others, etc. But not all are like that. The meaning of Libra manifests in a lot of different ways. The planets, aspects, and of course psychological and emotional maturity will play a big role in shaping how the potential of " Libra" expresses itself in life.

And libra is not a mutable.

Do you want to get a little more specific here? I sense that you're reflecting on something in particular but expressing it in general terms. How is your mercury prominent? What's it in anyway? (You don't have to share if you don't want to....I respect psychological space.)

Taurus9

You have a Gemini Venus?
I do, never felt it got in the way at all.

No, my Venus is Taurus 8th so I love very sensually and deeply and non-reciprocally. But I have a lot of positive Mercury so I can interpret intellectually when others can't love the same.

I get where you're going with this in general terms, at least when speaking of the overall archetype and meaning of Libra. But it might be helpful to think of how the sign manifests in different ways according to the planets. For example, a sun consciously strives to be "Libra" while a moon simply IS "Libra"..... does that make sense? You can apply that same principle to all the signs.....think of the difference between a Gemini sun vs. moon, an Aquarius sun vs. moon, etc.

Some of what you're describing is observed in some sun signs who may struggle to find themselves within a Libra-esque ideal in their conscious minds....that obsession with superficial beauty, how they are perceived in relation to others, etc. But not all are like that. The meaning of Libra manifests in a lot of different ways. The planets, aspects, and of course psychological and emotional maturity will play a big role in shaping how the potential of " Libra" expresses itself in life.

And libra is not a mutable.

Do you want to get a little more specific here? I sense that you're reflecting on something in particular but expressing it in general terms. How is your mercury prominent? What's it in anyway? (You don't have to share if you don't want to....I respect psychological space.)

Yes, I do want to get more specific but not sure how to express this further. I am referring to Libra Suns as you describe. I post in general terms as I find it easier to communicate abstractly and open-mindedly in case I make specific mistakes. My Mercury is in 8th in Aries trined by Moon and Jupiter in 12th in Virgo. My Asc is also Virgo and I relate more to a Virgo horoscope.

Yes, Libra is not a mutable. I read that incorrectly earlier today. I'm a bit out of it as I was partying for a long weekend. My chart is on my profile.

katydid

I always relate Libra and Saturn as I have my Saturn in Libra in my 6th stellium.

My father was a Libra, born on October 4th. And I was his 'Saturn Return.'

His Sun was exactly on top of my Saturn.

He was an attorney. A civil rights attorney and an activist. Our sun/saturn conjunction was a bit troublesome. :unsure:

He always wanted me to be an attorney too. I went to UC Berk, his alma mater, and took prelaw classes. It wasn't for me. :annoyed:

I decided to become an Astrologer instead. :sideways: That didn't go over too well with Dad.

Taurus9

Interesting, katydid. I think I'm supposed to do something astrology-related as a career as my astrological awareness tends to improve when my career houses do astrologically. But I don't feel confident enough in my ability / experience yet to consistently achieve accurate results.

katydid

Interesting, katydid. I think I'm supposed to do something astrology-related as a career as my astrological awareness tends to improve when my career houses do astrologically. But I don't feel confident enough in my ability / experience yet to consistently achieve accurate results.

It is a really hard way to actually make a living. I had a pretty bohemian lifestyle when I was a full time astrologer/teacher/speaker. Pretty much hand to mouth. :pouty:

OF course that might be partly because my Saturn is tightly conjunct Neptune, and business strategy often escapes me... I did know some successful astrological counselors, but they had the MFCC licenses or chiropractic license to make it work.

Did a lot of bartering and had to work really hard to make ends meet. You have to publish books and do the convention circuit to make a solid living.
It was only possible for me to continue my work because I met my amazing husband and I became a stay at home mom, raising the kids, and doing readings while they were in school, and while hubby worked. :cool:

Last edited:

Taurus9

I see, thanks for sharing. Interestingly, the other area of career that improves is poetry / hermetic magician stuff, which are similarly precarious lines of "work". My MC is in Gemini so it switches between various weird communicative stuff, i.e. multiple non-mainstream careers and not ideal for generating a source of income.

katydid

I see, thanks for sharing. Interestingly, the other area of career that improves is poetry / hermetic magician stuff, which are similarly precarious lines of "work". My MC is in Gemini so it switches between various weird communicative stuff, i.e. multiple non-mainstream careers and not ideal for generating a source of income.

With Gemini on the MC it is possible that you could do well by working another part time job, like in a book store/health food store/chiropractic office, and use that as a way to network and get paid readings.

In my experience, the best way to get clients is through word of mouth. If you do a good session with someone, they are excited and tell their roommate, sister, coworkers, and you will get a few referrals.

If you make an outline of info about the chart, detailing what you want to speak about, and record the session, you will have a tape for the client, and your notes.

Usually you will run out of time before you get all the way through your notes. If you say in your outline= Moon conjunct Saturn in 4th, and write 'burdens/baggage from childhood' , you will have 30 minutes of discussion, on that topic alone. :wink:

Taurus9

My first advice is to ask your mother for your correct birth day/ time. That might clear up a lot of confusion. Otherwise, act like a mercury in Aries in trine to Jupiter....that would help you a lot.

My next advice is to communicate clearly. Explicitly ask or define your question. If you prefer to speak abstractly, then you put the other person in the position of having to read your mind. My patience has it's limits. I'm all in for helping people but not for wiping adult butts. It's time to take ownership of your own opinions.

...I have autism. Saturn Squares my Sun and Venus and Pluto which again opposes my Sun. Expressing myself fully or asking authority figures for anything never ended well. But yeah, cheers for the life advice. You knew me so well. Is that taking ownership of my own opinion enough yet or do you genuinely want me to destroy you completely?

Guys calm down, let's not alienate people and make it personal or nasty when it does not have to be.

I don't care what ego you have or force behind you, cheer up, do something, speak to others with respect, and the respect you expect in return regardless of personal bias.

sadge

...I have autism. Saturn Squares my Sun and Venus and Pluto which again opposes my Sun. Expressing myself fully or asking authority figures for anything never ended well. But yeah, cheers for the life advice. You knew me so well. Is that taking ownership of my own opinion enough yet or do you genuinely want me to destroy you completely?

Taurus.... I deleted the message. I apologize for my mistake. I misunderstood you because of something else that's happened to me recently on this forum, and I was trying to stop it from happening again. (Someone kept trying to converse with me as another "character.") It was a hurtful experience because I genuinely tried to help this person and defend him/her, only for it to be a joke on me. So please accept my sincere apology for mistaking you for doing the same thing to me.

Can we still be friends? :sad:

Taurus9

Taurus.... I deleted the message. I apologize for my mistake. I misunderstood you because of something else that's happened to me recently on this forum, and I was trying to stop it from happening again. (Someone kept trying to converse with me as another "character.") It was a hurtful experience because I genuinely tried to help this person and defend him/her, only for it to be a joke on me. So please accept my sincere apology for mistaking you for doing the same thing to me.

Can we still be friends? :sad:

Normally I don't let people close enough to poke my inner bull like that. But yeah, it is better to lead one gently if you want it to work for you all day instead of maul you. What kind of animal do you think was underneath the character?

Events in my own subjectivity led me to this moment too. I'm yet to be true friends with anyone but I won't "defriend" you if that is your concern.

sadge

No, I am not concerned about making something work for me here. This is not my thread. I was here to help, period. And I am not the type to be concerned about making "friends." It either clicks or it doesn't, it's never up to just one person to do all the bending, guessing, accommodating, etc. for another person.

My only concern was that I may have inadvertently hurt you, because that was not my intent. Clarity is my only goal. Always. There is no hidden agenda beneath that drive. I can't help people without first understanding what they need. Perhaps thats my defect in your eyes, but that's the way the stars made me.

Have a good day, T. It's all good on my end, no worries. :)