I Just Want What's Fair

DebbieMarie54

I have an interesting combination of aspects going on in October; so many in fact I can't begin to imagine what might take place in my life.

There is a mixture of good and not so good aspects. I have filed a law suit against the property owners where I rent. I fell through some stairs on their property, so I am asking them to pay medical expenses. I'm concerned they will evict me. They have already threatened to evict the renter on who's property I fell, saying it is her responsibility to pay my bill. She is now very frightened.

Anyway I don't want to be forced to moved. I just want what's fair.

This is my set for October:

Jupiter conjunct Uranus in 10th
Jupiter sextile Moon in 12th
Jupiter oppose N. Node in 4th

Saturn trine Midheaven
Saturn oppose Venus in 8th

Uranus square Midheaven-R
Uranus oppose Ascendent-R

Pluto square Ascendent

Neptune square Mercury-R

Can someone provide some insight please? Also, do you see me going back to work anytime soon? Thank you.

DebbieMarie

Attachments

• Debbie-Astrodienst.jpg
    Debbie-Astrodienst.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 24

waybread

I hope you feel better soon!

I don't do much predictive astrology, but you might post your questions in yes-or-no format on one of the horary boards. (Such as, "Will I win my lawsuit?" "Will I return to work soon?")

I hope you are getting some legal advice on this matter. If money is an issue, see if there is a Legal Aid Society or law firm doing pro bono work in your area.

If the answer is no on both counts, do as much reading as you can, notably the fine print on landlord's obligations to keep their property in a safe condition. There probably is an ombudsperson or consumer complaints advocate in your state. A law library in your area will have a reference desk, and if you get a nice librarian on a good day, s/he can probably show you were to look. Maybe you and the other tenant could band together.

Most states will require the landlord to keep up the property in good condition so that the stairs are not a safety hazard. So will building codes. The other tenant could probably only be liable if her lease agreement said that she was entirely responsible for the property's upkeep-- including reparing essential structures, not just cleaning the carpets or something.

If your state has some solid tenants' rights in place, I don't think the landlords can simply evict someone without cause. It would take them some legal work to do so, even if they could. But states vary widely on tenants' rights.

If you could post your chart with transits in place for your major or average date in question it would help to visualize things.

But basically I see transiting Uranus in your 7th house of "open enemies". This is the planet of sudden change, including sudden accidents. It has been hitting your major chart angles, as has transiting Pluto. Pluto in fact is sitting on your IC, or cusp of your 4th house of "home".

So it isn't surprising that you encountered a sudden upset dealing with your living environment (I assume you and the other woman are in the same building? or apartment complex?

In October, the sun spends a lot of time in Libra. The times I would suggest that you watch out for are right around your Libra Neptune-sun opposition, at 24 degrees. Saturn, at the beginning of your second house of money, may not bring a heap of wonderfulness, either.

But look at your terrific kite, pointing to Jupiter in the 9th house-- which rules "the law" as a body of knowledge, vs. litigation. Your Jupiter is located in information-gathering Gemini. Knowledge is power, so see what you can do to arm yourself with information relevant to your case.

Also, I don't know if your employer offers sick leave or LTD but these are worth getting on, if so, and you haven't done this already.

Last edited:

waybread

Just one more thing, Debbie Marie. If you don't have a lawyer now, feel you can't afford one, &c, &c you might talk to one, anyway. The yellow pages, TV commercials, billboards, &c are loaded with advertisements from lawyers looking for injury cases. I think this is because if the client is poor but the case is solid, they expect to collect their fees as a percentage of damages awarded by the court. So you might talk to one in your area who seems to deal with accident cases, anyway.

If your landlord is a small mom or pop operation, a lawyer would probably be less interested than if it is a major landlord with assets. Such as a large apartment complex or multiple properties.

DebbieMarie54

I've attached a secondary progression that may help to understand things better. I hope it's readable. Let me know.

Thank you for your response, Waybread. It is good to hear from you as always. Shortly after I fell, I hobbled over to the Legal Aid Society and spoke to a wonderful attorney who told me how to proceed with this case. I followed his instructions to the letter. He told me how to calculate pain and suffering fees, etc.

I live in a mobile home park. The owners own several of them. The managers here manage them all. They are underhanded and ruthless. I am not far from Los Angeles and I am surprised someone has not tried to hurt them.

It says in my lease they can evict us without cause. I submitted my claim to them and I sent copies to the Mayor, to the California Mobile Home Association, to the Fair Housing Authority, to the Legal Aid Society, and to Political Activist Michael Moore. They knew the copies were being sent. I wanted to send a clear message that said "If you try to ***** with me, you'll be in for a hell of fight." That's the Aries in me.

About the employment question: I have not been working. I've just been looking for work. Do you see me getting a job anytime soon? I have an income already. It's just not very much.

My foot is healing. It's not back to what it use to be but I think it will get there. At least I'm walking well again.

Thanks much!

DebbieMarie

Attachments

• Prog 9-18.pdf
    93.8 KB · Views: 54

waybread

Debbie Marie, I am glad you have some assistance. Even if your landlord can evict you without cause, if the stairs are their property, I suspect you have a case. It is best if a lawyer represents you if your case goes to trial or mediation, however. If your landlord is a large property owner, you can be sure they will be well-represented by lawyers.

I don't do much predictive work, other than suggesting good or bad/likely or unlikely times for something to happen. I think the Vedic and horary astrologers could give you the sorts of details you want. Just now Pluto is opposing your 10th house of career cusp (MC) so while this might not be a happy time, career-wise, it is a time when you can make some profound changes in your vocation in life. Pluto's energy is to ask us to kill off anything metaphorically dead or dying in our lives, so that new growth can take its place. This would be equally true for your home life, incidentally. Although you may not wish to move, if you do so, you may find that it was a positive step, in hindsight. Keep an eye on your progressed moon, as it approaches your progressed Uranus. This would be a good time to look for work with a large company specializing in IT, electronics, something scientific, or futuristic.

Marinka

Hmmm ... mobile home?

Is the mobile home rented or does it belong to the person that is renting the space? From my limited amount of knowledge on this, the stairs are likely put there by the mobile home owner so they can get in and out of the home and the property owners (land) just rent the space out to the mobile home owner and supply hookups for electric/water and so on. Although, the land owners could also own the mobile homes and rent them out ....

This is not clear cut as to who is responsible for the maintenance of the stairs and as a result, your injury.

DebbieMarie54

According to Legal Aid, the property owners are responsible for paying me for my medical expenses. I am a renter. The lady whose property I fell on is a renter. The stairs were in poor condition when the lady moved in, and now the Landlords tell her she should have told them the stairs were in poor condition. I say bull *****.

The Landlords should have thoroughly inspected the property before re-renting it. This is how they are; always passing the blame and making someone else responsible for their negligence.

Thank you for your feedback.

Deb

Marinka

According to Legal Aid, the property owners are responsible for paying me for my medical expenses. I am a renter. The lady whose property I fell on is a renter. The stairs were in poor condition when the lady moved in, and now the Landlords tell her she should have told them the stairs were in poor condition. I say bull *****.

The Landlords should have thoroughly inspected the property before re-renting it. This is how they are; always passing the blame and making someone else responsible for their negligence.

Thank you for your feedback.

Deb

The lady -- is she renting a mobile home or is she renting the lot where HER mobile home is placed. There is a difference and it might determine who is responsible.

Marinka

She is renting the mobile home.

If that is the case then, the property owners are responsible for accessing the condition of what they are renting out. I suppose they might make a case that the renter should have notified them that the stairs needed repair but, I'm not sure whether they could make the renter liable -- did the renter sign a rental agreement? Might want to check that to see if there are specific references to liability from lack of maintenance.

DebbieMarie54

The lady signed the same rental agreement I did. There is no suggestion that she is responsible if someone falls on the property she rents.

The stairs on her property were in poor condition when she moved in. She thought the stairs met the landlords standards even though one step on the stairs was in bad condition. She avoided that step. Visitors didn't know to avoid it.

I saw this lady tonight as I walked my dog. She doesn't even speak to me now. She feels it's my fault that she will be evicted. So sad. I encouraged her to go to Legal Aid. She says she doesn't have time. She wants me drop the claim with the property owners so she won't get evicted. No way.

Deb

waybread

Is it clear that she will be evicted? Probably there is some sort of tenants' rights or advocacy group in your state. Hey, it's California, right?)

DebbieMarie54

It's not clear to me, at least, she’ll be evicted.

I have encouraged her to visit Legal Aid. I explained how empowered I felt after I left there. She's totally resistant. I'm not able to persuade her. Her only solution seems to be that I don't my suit against the property owners which is unreasonable in my mind.

The landlords bully everyone here. I've had my own confrontations with them, like when they wanted me to go without a/c one summer when I'm in the desert in California where temperatures climb into the mid 100’s or higher. Not only that, I have a medical condition that leaves me fatigued. I explained to the landlords I couldn’t function in hot temperatures. They blew me off. So I went straight to Fair Housing and got that taken care of. Since then the landlords and I have gotten along better.

The lady has caved in. She did from the start. She is not a fighter like me.

I’m grateful for the way God made me, with my Virgo Moon, Aries Sun, and my wonderful Libra Rising. I rely on my Virgo Moon a lot. My Moon keeps me prepared. My Aries is always ready to stick up for me. My Libra is always ready to make the peace when the dust settles.

waybread

Good for you, Debbie Marie. Hopefully your neighbour is more concerned about your recovery from an injury than she is about getting evicted from a situation that doesn't sound ideal in the first place. We all need asome Aries from time to time. The Fair Housing office sounds like a good contact.

tsmall

Premium Member
I don't do much predictive astrology, but you might post your questions in yes-or-no format on one of the horary boards. (Such as, "Will I win my lawsuit?" "Will I return to work soon?")

Absolutely! The question need not be in yes-or-no format. Most often on these forums we get horary questioners who have asked/made their own charts, and that works. In this instance that is not the case, and so we default to the original way horary works, in the answering astrologer casting a chart for the moment the question was received and understood. If you would like, you could make a chart at astro.com for 5:22 PM, September 20, Rochester NH, and post it in the horary forum.

You might say I'm pretty familiar with lawsuit charts. :whistling:

In this case and just on short looking...you are not going to be evicted, your neighbor is not going to be evicted, and you will have your expenses covered.

DebbieMarie54

Thank you Tsmall. I would love to do that!!

But I'm very confused about the time you suggest. Or am I misunderstanding what you wrote?

Would I not plug in my location, time, etc?? Awaiting your response.

Much thanks.

DebbieMarie

P.S. And yes Waybread. Would it not be nice for my former friend to extend some compassion. But to date, she has been self-absorbed.

DebbieMarie54

Actually I did do a Horary the other night but posted it in Verdic Astrology. I submit it here for your review.

Thank you!!

DebbieMarie

Attachments

• Verdic Wheel.jpg
    Verdic Wheel.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 25

tsmall

Premium Member
Thank you Tsmall. I would love to do that!!

But I'm very confused about the time you suggest. Or am I misunderstanding what you wrote?

Would I not plug in my location, time, etc?? Awaiting your response.

Hello DebbieMarie. Horary has rules, though there has been some debate on them here recently...

The question is born when someone who is able to recieve the question and cast the chart, therefore query the Universe, does so. You posted your question to an astrological forum. Even though you were doing so by trying to look at transits and progressions. waybread (bless her) even suggested that horary would be the way to go to get specific answers to your questions. By posting a specific question to a forum for astrologers, you were basically asking an astrologer to answer it. Are you following me?

I have seen the thread over the course of it's life, but only clicked into it today...because it is still alive. Once I did, as an astrologer (gosh, I just said that out loud for the first time) I "received and understood" the question, and so cast the chart.

You would not want to change the location, time, etc, because you did not query the Universe yourself, as the person casting the chart. Am I making sense?

So the direct question, for horary purposes, was born the moment I as a person able to ask and cast a chart...and it was born at my location, not yours. I hope this is comprehensive.

Casting another chart would be both futile and unnecessary at this point, because you already have one. And for those who care about such things, it is a radical chart.

xo
tamara