Gym, sports, athletics

chris10

Hi dear members,

Can anyone help on shedding some light as to which house represents the gym, exercising?

Matrix1

Probably the first house, your body, maybe placed in mars. Also i think aspects between saturn and mars would indicate gym and excercising considering mars is energy, in this case willing to excercise and saturn is there to help him with his discipline and tenacious character which is needed to build those muscles. Btw, you were talking about weight lifting, weren't you?

chris10

Probably the first house, your body, maybe placed in mars. Also i think aspects between saturn and mars would indicate gym and excercising considering mars is energy, in this case willing to excercise and saturn is there to help him with his discipline and tenacious character which is needed to build those muscles. Btw, you were talking about weight lifting, weren't you?
Matrix1 thank you for your reply.
Weightlifting? :lol:
No way!!
I was talking about the routine of exercising or going to the gym just to keep healthy and fit.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]I am not a gym or health freak/fanatic

but I am the type whose diet consists of 95% healthy food and who works out 1.5 - 2 hours every day for about 5-6 months of the year.
People around me seem to think I am extraordinarily energetic - and in a way, I am - rarely will I sit around doing nothing.

You could be right about the 1st though.

The 1st house does rule the body and I do have pluto conjuct ascendant, mars parallel ascendant, scorpio moon which probably make me persistent.

But would the 1st house rule exercise regimen/going to the gym?
I was thinking that the 5th or 6th house would be involved in some way.

Matrix1

But would the 1st house rule exercise regimen/going to the gym?
I was thinking that the 5th or 6th house would be involved in some way.

Yeah, you might be right about the 6th house considering it represent health. But, just one question, why the 5th house? What does that have to do with gym and working out? :smile:

And unlike you, i'm more concerned about the strength and condition rather than the health itself. As i would say, strength is power! My motivational quote :smile:

chris10

Yeah, you might be right about the 6th house considering it represent health. But, just one question, why the 5th house? What does that have to do with gym and working out? :smile:
I think I've read someplace that the 5th represents sports so I was thinking there might be a connection.

And unlike you, i'm more concerned about the strength and condition rather than the health itself. As i would say, strength is power! My motivational quote :smile:
I am female so my primary motive for exercising would be to remain
healthy and fit as that also leads to looking good.
:joyful:

So ...
what house actually rules working out/ going to the gym?

Matrix1

I am female so my primary motive for exercising would be to remain
healthy and fit as that also leads to looking good.

So ...
what house actually rules working out/ going to the gym?

I thought you were a guy. Anyways, probably 1st and 6th house, because they're primarly focused on body, especially placed in mars or some warriorlike planets. I even heard that 1st house placed in either north or south node is making a person become obsessed with his body.

amaranthinefall

Matrix1 said:
Probably the first house, your body, maybe placed in mars.

MAtrix1 said:
especially placed in mars

Houses are not "placed" in planets. Planets are not placed in houses. Planets move through the signs, and a certain sign will fall into a certain house based on the horoscope. Correct terminology goes hand-in-hand with correct understanding.

As for exercise, it is ruled by Mars, as it always has been. The gym is a 3rd house matter.

chris10

As for exercise, it is ruled by Mars, as it always has been. The gym is a 3rd house matter.
Thank you so much amaranthinefall :smile:
I'm trying to decide on which house system best fits and describes my chart. Finding out what house actually rules
a) the gym
b) exercise routine
would help a lot as both are prominent in my life.
So the gym would be the 3rd house?
Would you mind referring sources as I'm quite interested in finding out more on this.
How about home work out routine? Would that also be 3rd house?

amaranthinefall

I encourage you to do your own research. See the "Resources" thread in the Traditional Astrology board. It's easy to get overwhelmed at first, so go slowly. Try skyscript.co.uk first, browse the articles on the planets and houses, and move on from there.

Any day-to-day domestic routines would be (I believe) covered under the 3rd house; the sign and any planets posited there will describe this for you, along with the domicile lord and other rulers, and any aspects. The gym would also be covered as a short journey, "in the neighborhood" so to speak. Mars and/or Mercury would signify athletic ability, keeping in mind accidental and essential dignity.

My suggestion for house system is whole sign using the Ascendant/Midheaven degrees as sensitive points within a house, ala Dr. Farr.

Edit: I must add that the body in general is a 1st house matter, so you may be better off focusing on that. Decide for yourself. Learn! :)

chris10

I thought you were a guy.
:biggrin: Chris stamds for Christine

Anyways, probably 1st and 6th house, because they're primarly focused on body, especially placed in mars or some warriorlike planets. I even heard that 1st house placed in either north or south node is making a person become obsessed with his body.
You may be right about the north node in the first, a friend of mine with north node conjuct the ascendant is a gym instructor.

I encourage you to do your own research. See the "Resources" thread in the Traditional Astrology board. It's easy to get overwhelmed at first, so go slowly. Try skyscript.co.uk first, browse the articles on the planets and houses, and move on from there.
Thank you again amaranthinefall = eternalautumn,
(eternalautumn,resurrected!)
:happy: ... I knew your name reminded me of someone on here :biggrin: By the way, beautiful name.
Thanks for the info.
I will have to do research on that.
It''s just that I've read so much conflicting info on this,
online and in astro books, it's like each author has his own opinion as to which house rules the gym. :sideways:

Any day-to-day domestic routines would be (I believe) covered under the 3rd house; the sign and any planets posited there will describe this for you, along with the domicile lord and other rulers, and any aspects. The gym would also be covered as a short journey, "in the neighborhood" so to speak. Mars and/or Mercury would signify athletic ability, keeping in mind accidental and essential dignity.
3rd house also makes sense since it is a "short journey in the neighborhood". Mars does rule my 3rd and my Aries Mars is parallel ascendant... hmmm :pouty:

My suggestion for house system is whole sign using the Ascendant/Midheaven degrees as sensitive points within a house, ala Dr. Farr.
I've experimented with whole signs but a few planets in certain houses don't make sense ... but then again maybe they will later on in life.

Edit: I must add that the body in general is a 1st house matter, so you may be better off focusing on that. Decide for yourself. Learn! :)
Thank you :biggrin:

theV

If you want to know which house rules sport it's the 5th house,house of fun and play and outdoor some people also say 9th hoouse

chris10

If you want to know which house rules sport it's the 5th house,house of fun and play and outdoor some people also say 9th hoouse

Thank you theV :joyful:
Sorry for late reply, been working 15 hours a day lately :sideways:

Oh, he's right! The 5th! I forgot about that sneaky little house! :)
Thank you sweetie :joyful:

[FONT=&quot]
Using placidus:
pisces is on cusp of 6th house and ruler of my pisces 6th house is neptune in sag in my natal 3rd -
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]jupiter, the traditional ruler of pisces is in aquarius in my 5th.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jupiter in the 5th expands...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am generally very good at sports, more particularly in tennis, volleyball, 100 metre dash and a few years ago I started taking part in city Marathons - coincidentally, it was after my 1st saturn return.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ruler of 5th house is Saturn and
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saturn in gemini conjucts my MC.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Using Whole Signs:
aquarius is on the cusp of my 6th, traditional ruler of aquar is saturn and my natal saturn is in gemini conjuct MC.
That could explain the interest in tennis [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]gemini ruled by mercury,
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]mercury rules the arms => tennis,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and 100 metre dash speed (gemini)=> 100 metre dash and
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the Marathons (saturn -endurance).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I don't know :pouty: ...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sometimes I feel like giving up concerning which house system fits best :sideways:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]but ...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I won't :wink: :kissing:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]