Vertex: Don’t Hype the Hype

Sagcap88

Vertex: Don’t Believe the Hype

Lately, I’ve been looking at the Vertex in synastry charts with people I know. I also watched this vid about it, which was great: https://youtu.be/Wg3IwsiBA4k

It really doesn’t mean quite as much as it’s made out to be, IMO; I’ve heard it called “destiny’s gate”, which may indeed be apt BUT sometimes those “destined” things that enter your life have an expiration date.

For example, someone’s sun sat right atop my Vertex. I thought that this person was going to be in my life forever BUT...after I learned a few lessons, I outgrew this individual. They played a key role in my development of character but eventually, their supply ran dry and I felt held back by them because they were at a place is moved oncfrom. I needed to keep moving forward and finding people who were at my next level.

I think that a lot of people let the Vertex suck them into a black hole that keeps em trapped in a relationship merely based on the feeling of “fate” it gives them.

So, yeah...the Vertex is merely about destined people and events — it doesn’t guarantee longevity or anything like that. It isn’t really a significant factor in chart comparison IMO.

Anyone have anything to add?

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Ive done a recent synastry where his sun conjuncts my vertex (3 degree orb), and my progressed venus exactly to the min, conjuncts his vertex. It is still early days yet, but it was a very unusual feeling i had leading up to things happening. Also his vertex exactly squares my vertex.

I had this overwhelming urge one day to pass him my number, the feeling came out of nowhere, the feeling lasted about 3 days until i finally did it. Ive never passed no guy my number before in my life...it was like i was being pulled towards him to do it.

But going on what you say, it would depend on the rest of the chart, not just going on vertex, it could have been a fated meeting/r'ship/encounter, but if the rest of the chart doesn't show anything positive then its more than likely not going to work out, for whatever reasons.

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
Lately, I’ve been looking at the Vertex in synastry charts with people I know. I also watched this vid about it, which was great: https://youtu.be/Wg3IwsiBA4k

It really doesn’t mean quite as much as it’s made out to be, IMO; I’ve heard it called “destiny’s gate”, which may indeed be apt BUT sometimes those “destined” things that enter your life have an expiration date.

For example, someone’s sun sat right atop my Vertex. I thought that this person was going to be in my life forever BUT...after I learned a few lessons, I outgrew this individual. They played a key role in my development of character but eventually, their supply ran dry and I felt held back by them because they were at a place is moved oncfrom. I needed to keep moving forward and finding people who were at my next level.

I think that a lot of people let the Vertex suck them into a black hole that keeps em trapped in a relationship merely based on the feeling of “fate” it gives them.

So, yeah...the Vertex is merely about destined people and events — it doesn’t guarantee longevity or anything like that. It isn’t really a significant factor in chart comparison IMO.

Anyone have anything to add?

you quite right about the vertex. it is a very intense energy but very often the promise of the vertex does not translate in to chart. so it can be deceiving as most intense aspect have a continuing affect and impact the chart . but the vertex doesn't many times .

I believe this is because the vertex is the primal energy that all consciousness, whether mineral animal or flora are made up of.so the vertex is so all inclusive that the portions of the vertex energy that makeup ones personal "karma" is a very small part of the vertex's totally energy. therefore most of the vertex's energy has nothing to do with one's specific life and karma/destiny..so much the vertex energy is just confusing to us mortals.

the node is the symbol that focuses the relevant vertex energy into ones chart. the node gives limits and definition, but these energies are subsets of the undifferentiated vertex energies.

rahu

waybread

Supposedly the vertex can show "fated encounters" but I don't think this necessarily means they're ours for life.

The vertex is also supposed to be a window in other dimensions, notably for people with a planet conjunct or in a septile relationship (360/7) with the vertex.

Lately I've been getting odd glimmerings of deeper insights into things, which my conscious brain too quickly tries to shut down. The one transit that makes sense here is transiting Pluto leaving a conjunction with my natal Jupiter, and moving to a sextile with my vertex. Pluto + Jupiter can be a "go deep" combination, as Jupiter is associated with philosophy and more panoramic kinds of learning (vs. Mercury, ruling more day-to-day thoughts.)

rahu

Banned
most astrologers don't realize the vertex is not just a mathematical point....
in the 1980's NASA sent a group of satellites, called the helios project, to surround the sun and watch the sun's energy. at one point they turned the satellites outward , looking outward toward the solar system. and what they saw was that there is a goldened iridescent plane of energy that emanates from the suns equator(vertex). this energy plane stretched as far into the distance as the satellites could record.
rahu

Sagcap88

most astrologers don't realize the vertex is not just a mathematical point....
in the 1980's NASA sent a group of satellites, called the helios project, to surround the sun and watch the sun's energy. at one point they turned the satellites outward , looking outward toward the solar system. and what they saw was that there is a goldened iridescent plane of energy that emanates from the suns equator(vertex). this energy plane stretched as far into the distance as the satellites could record.
rahu
Makes sense! Thanks!