Better Cancer Description

graay ghost

Okay, so I've noticed a lot of threads on this board based around people with strong Cancer elements "not feeling like Cancers."

I mean sure there's the whole bit where all the supposedly "Cancer" things have been systematically devalued by many western sodieties, but I was wondering, are there any Cancer descriptions (in general) that sound less... I don't know... less like a catalogue entry for human breedstock in some kind of horrible post-apocalyptic world? Seriously, what most people have to say about Cancer is reminsicient of what they say about silkie chickens.

The only description I've seen that manages to avoid it entirely is Steven Forrest's The Inner Sky. As that's a printed book, I'd like others, if possible.

Last edited:

SkuttleStar

I don't know why cancer gets so much hate. I think it's more of a sign of someone who doesn't know astrology if they hate on a certain sign more than others.

Like I'm a sun Cancer- Moon Taurus. Which makes a HUGE difference. Having a sun sign doesn't tell you the whole story of the person. It depends on where cancer is placed! Sure, I'm a person of many, many emotions. But my inner-world emotionally is like *bull huff*. Nothing can rock me so hard I lose myself, I'm emotionally very stable. I just swim in emotions, there are other people's emotions and there are my own. I can explore their emotions and get a little telepathic too. My work place says I'm emotionally highly aware of other people's emotions.

But like if you have Moon, Sun, Ascendant sign all in Cancer- JESUS! TOO MUCH CANCER!

but that's incredibly unlikely.

I feel as though having a sun sign in cancer means i have an innate skill at expressing my emotions. Cancer can illustrate emotions, and make them funny or meaningful. We swim through an emotional world, we understand emotions in people, and our hearts are very homey- so we treat people like they're at home in our hearts, which if they're in an emotional time, can be incredibly healing for them.

graay ghost

I don't know why cancer gets so much hate. I think it's more of a sign of someone who doesn't know astrology if they hate on a certain sign more than others.

Like I'm a sun Cancer- Moon Taurus. Which makes a HUGE difference. Having a sun sign doesn't tell you the whole story of the person. It depends on where cancer is placed! Sure, I'm a person of many, many emotions. But my inner-world emotionally is like *bull huff*. Nothing can rock me so hard I lose myself, I'm emotionally very stable. I just swim in emotions, there are other people's emotions and there are my own. I can explore their emotions and get a little telepathic too. My work place says I'm emotionally highly aware of other people's emotions.

But like if you have Moon, Sun, Ascendant sign all in Cancer- JESUS! TOO MUCH CANCER!

but that's incredibly unlikely.

I feel as though having a sun sign in cancer means i have an innate skill at expressing my emotions. Cancer can illustrate emotions, and make them funny or meaningful. We swim through an emotional world, we understand emotions in people, and our hearts are very homey- so we treat people like they're at home in our hearts, which if they're in an emotional time, can be incredibly healing for them.

People are very strange about emotions these days. They like to pit "logic" versus "emotion," which is a false dichotomy. Logic is always in service to emotions. Always. At the very base of all human decision-making is something like "I don't want to die" or "this gives me pleasure", and if you don't have some kind of emotional response to things like those, to things like pain and hunger, you're going to have as much trouble in life as Buridan's ***. :happy:

muchacho

Britain's annual richest people list has Cancers topping the list most years. Successful business people.
Absolutely. Cancer knows how to keep a household together, on a larger scale that translates into being good at running profitable businesses and enterprises. It's exactly the same principle of nurturing and providing and growing at work here, just on a larger scale.

If people would just focus on the abstract principles of a sign instead of taking what the astrology books say literally, then more people would actually feel like their signs.

graay ghost

Absolutely. Cancer knows how to keep a household together, on a larger scale that translates into being good at running profitable businesses and enterprises. It's exactly the same principle of nurturing and providing and growing at work here, just on a larger scale.

If people would just focus on the abstract principles of a sign instead of taking what the astrology books say literally, then more people would actually feel like their signs.

I can neither run a household not a business :/ I'm not sure how to take the assumption that I'm good as business, it seems just as bad as the assumption that I'm good with children.

muchacho

I can neither run a household not a business :/ I'm not sure how to take the assumption that I'm good as business, it seems just as bad as the assumption that I'm good with children.
That's the problem with focusing on just one single factor in a chart. It doesn't say really that much. If you look at your chart, you will see that only your Sun and Venus are Cancer but your ASC and Moon are earthy signs. Plus your Sun is in the 3rd. What we are talking about is someone with a prominent Cancer influence. You don't belong into that catagory. You are much more earth than water or any other element. Which would explain why you lean towards melancholy.