Can I get some new insight?

Alamits

Re my questions:

In using this chart for interpretation, with the conjunction falling in the 8th house, I am just curious to see how you feel the energies have affected you. If the 8th represents 'shared resources' from death, such as insurance policies or trusts or inheritances, have such experiences occurred for you? Do you have a greater interest in 'the mysteries of life and death'; as in metaphysics or transcendentalism,etc? this is another issue that can be connected with the 8th house. Or do you experience it through psychological difficulties in dealing with life and death issues? As the opposite to the 2nd house, this house can also relate to spiritual resources, as opposed to the material resources of the 2nd. I just find that the 8th house can often be quite an enigma to interpret. And how do you think your Venus in Capricorn operates through this house?
Regarding the other mention about your particular generation, I have done much research because of all the inquiries I have received, which I have addressed in my personal blog @
http://mystikvale.netfirms.com/.
As per Saturn: now of course we always tend to think of Saturn as being the taskmaster demanding that we take care of routine business: we look to it for indications of particular limitations or restrictions...perhaps in your case it is more helpful towards success, though as a result of the Grand Air Trine it is involved in....
Well considering I'm only 19 there is a lot of time for inheritances to show up, if there are any, but currently nothing of that deal. I am very much into the mysteries of life and death. My aikido training is practice for the moment of death to die with a smile on my face and to be relaxed and just ride to the next phase of life. I am very much into the paranormal with the idea that there are spirits of your relatives, both good and bad, with us in certain instances when they are locked into this life. Does this count? I wouldn't say that I have difficulties with life and death, for instance, when my grandma died earlier this year the first things I said were "good things are happening" which is a quote from one of India's highest saints. Not to mean that I'm glad she is gone but to say that the universe is working as it should be because we are born and die. I have never once cried over the loss and death of a relative and they were all close. Life and death are just parts of life that we sign onto when we inhibit a body. In terms of venus in the 8th with capricorn, I relate this to my lack of wanting sex along with the mars retrograde/debilitated. I am attracted to the opposite sex and everything but I never wanted to dive into that part of a relationship. I find this contributes to my 'cold' expression of emotions. I do not express my emotions outwardly and feel very exposed when I try. I will be looking through your blog it looks interesting and will let you know what I think :D...

Alamits

I have read the information you have on this conjunction and I think you should go back to it because there seems to be doubles of the same information :D

kimbermoon

Thank you so much for clarifying: your explanation provides a very good assessment of how the 8th house conjunction might play out...especially in terms of your 'values and expectations' of sex. Also the fact that you have progressive ideas about death as well, which is befitting a generation that is endowed with more such progressive and transformative ideas.
'I have never once cried over the loss and death of a relative and they were all close. Life and death are just parts of life that we sign onto when we inhibit a body.'
Your Moon and uranus are also a testament to being rather detached emotionally, as is Venus in Capricorn. You sound as if you have found a beneficial path in life to expand on your conscious awareness and understandings...good for you. I am hoping that this 'generation gap' can be bridged, for the good of all. Best wishes.

Chalk

Sun in Sagittarius in 6th house.
Your Vitality is founded on Exploration and is directed towards Service.
Moon in Aquarius in 10th house.
Your Emotional Nature is founded on Ideals and is directed towards Profession.
Ascendant in Gemini (Gemini on the cusp of the 1st house).
Your Personality is founded on Ideas and is directed towards Self-Mastery.
Midheaven in Aquarius in 9th house.
Your Environment is founded on Ideals and is directed towards Exploration.
True Node in Sagittarius in 7th house.
Your Life Purpose is founded on Exploration and is directed towards Partnership.
Saturn is your dominant planet.
Saturn trine Ascendant 0°34'.
Your Conditioning flows with your Personality extremely.

Last edited:

Alamits

Sun in Sagittarius in 6th house.
Your Vitality is founded on Exploration and is directed towards Service.
Moon in Aquarius in 10th house.
Your Emotional Nature is founded on Ideals and is directed towards Profession.
Ascendant in Gemini (Gemini on the cusp of the 1st house).
Your Personality is founded on Ideas and is directed towards Self-Mastery.
Midheaven in Aquarius in 9th house.
Your Environment is founded on Ideals and is directed towards Exploration.
True Node in Sagittarius in 7th house.
Your Life Purpose is founded on Exploration and is directed towards Partnership.
Saturn is your dominant planet.
Saturn trine Ascendant 0°34'.
Your Conditioning flows with your Personality extremely.
Can you explain what conditions make the "dominant planet"? Also, what you mean by "Your Conditioning flows with your Personality extremely." Would appreciate it :D

Chalk

Can you explain what conditions make the "dominant planet"? Also, what you mean by "Your Conditioning flows with your Personality extremely." Would appreciate it :D

Planets located in the angular houses (1,4,7, and 10) are strongly emphasize in the charts thus making them dominant.
Saturn trine Ascendant.
Your Conditioning flows with your Personality extremely. Your Responsibility flows with your Personality extremely. Saturn trine the Ascendant means that you feel a great responsibility for developing your creative talents to derive the greatest benefit from them. You understand that success does not always come easily and that only hard work will produce the results you want. Since you are such an isolationist, you deprive yourself of the companionship of people who really appreciate you. you have to show that you are warmer than you appear, and learn to lower the barriers that keep people from warming up to you.

Last edited:

Alamits

Planets located in the angular houses (1,4,7, and 10) are strongly emphasize in the charts thus making them dominant.
Saturn trine Ascendant.
Your Conditioning flows with your Personality extremely. Your Responsibility flows with your Personality extremely. Saturn trine the Ascendant means that you feel a great responsibility for developing your creative talents to derive the greatest benefit from them. You understand that success does not always come easily and that only hard work will produce the results you want. Since you are such an isolationist, you deprive yourself of the companionship of people who really appreciate you. you have to show that you are warmer than you appear, and learn to lower the barriers that keep people from warming up to you.
Showing others that I am warmer than I appear so far has really backfired on me so far. I am learning to selectively show it little bits at a time so as to protect myself at the same time.

Alamits

Perhaps. Do you know if vedic astrology is much different from western, sidereal, or tropical astrology?
sidereal and tropical astrology are calculations of the signs im not sure what they are passed that. traditional vedic astrology uses the sidereal zodiac but what I know about angular houses is they change the planets in them from malefic to benefic and visa versa...

Chalk

sidereal and tropical astrology are calculations of the signs im not sure what they are passed that. traditional vedic astrology uses the sidereal zodiac but what I know about angular houses is they change the planets in them from malefic to benefic and visa versa...

Ok, I get what you're saying here.

Moog

Well ok..one thing I have thought about for a while which I think I have found the answer to in the chart but I would like to check with another interpretation. I am a martial artist of 12 years(started at 8) and am one of two top students of the class. The problem I have is how can this be with mars near deep debilitation and retrograde. Ideas?

That's interesting.

I also have Mars in Cancer, and practice a martial art. Which one do you do?

You have Rahu in Scorpio, a sign of Mars, and also aspecting Mars, albeit loosely. Rahu amplifies the significations of the planets it contacts by conjunction or aspect, and also of the planet ruling the sign it is placed in.

Your Moon, ruler of Mars in your chart, is in a nakshatra of Mars. I'm only just getting into nakshatra based astrology, so I can't say how strong an indicator this would be.

Aspect of Mars on the 6th house of conflict gives "aggressive intervention against enemies and adversaries" in the words of Barbara Pijan

Sidereally, Mars is far away from deep debilitation.

Moog

Well I don't know if you know about Aikido but there is a concept, along with most asian martial arts, about ki/qi/chi and I have the job of teaching these techniques weekly we call it internal development/training...could that represent an internal mars?
And yes my goal is about self-mastery not beating people up or wimping out :D

Coincidence! I also practice Ki-Aikido. It is a very 'Mars in Cancer' martial art in my opinion.

Alamits

That's interesting.

I also have Mars in Cancer, and practice a martial art. Which one do you do?

You have Rahu in Scorpio, a sign of Mars, and also aspecting Mars, albeit loosely. Rahu amplifies the significations of the planets it contacts by conjunction or aspect, and also of the planet ruling the sign it is placed in.

Your Moon, ruler of Mars in your chart, is in a nakshatra of Mars. I'm only just getting into nakshatra based astrology, so I can't say how strong an indicator this would be.

Aspect of Mars on the 6th house of conflict gives "aggressive intervention against enemies and adversaries" in the words of Barbara Pijan

Sidereally, Mars is far away from deep debilitation.
I hadn't thought to look for that(moon in mars nakshatra) That's interesting that you mention "aggressive intervention against enemies and adversaries" my first martial training was in Muay Thai and BJJ...currently and the last 10 years I have been an Aikido student. The only problem I have with using the sidereal calculations is that the last mahatma in india who was also an astrologer and Robert Hand suggest we use tropical zodiac with vedic 0 degree houses. I am fine that you use it and am more than happy to hear what you have to say. I just thought that I should throw that out there :). If you would like to look up the man I am referring to his name was Sri Yukteswar. Look forward to conversations with you and possibly more you have to say. Which martial art do you practice? Would love to talk to you about that topic also through private chat maybe?

Moog

The only problem I have with using the sidereal calculations is that the last mahatma in india who was also an astrologer and Robert Hand suggest we use tropical zodiac with vedic 0 degree houses.

"Vedic 0 degree houses" = whole sign?

I've already gone through my tropical vs. sidereal bit, and I've decided that sidereal is the way to go. I don't mind if people think that's wrong, it's up to them to make their own observations.

If someone showed me something more convincing than the data I've already gathered and processed, I'll be happy to see it. I'm fairly open minded.

But 'X authority says Y' isn't going to cut it, as much as I respect Rob Hand and his work.

I'm always up for private correspondence. :smile: