Why do I appear nerdy/brainy, with no Air on my chart?

Alimal

I guess as a Taurus Sun in the 1st house I can appear practical and conservative, I guess that contributes to this?

Saturn in Aquarius (only Air sign in my chart) definitely puts a nail on the coffin here.

But, why do I appear brainy-as I've been told throughout my life-with so little air?

Attachments

• ra7O7y2.jpg
    ra7O7y2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 100

katydid

You have MERCURY, the messenger, the intellect, the communicator, right exactly upon your Ascendant, which is the first impression that others get of you.

Mercury in Aries is pretty direct and assertive, so you have no problem expressing your thoughts and ideas and people are impressed by your ambition and motivation.

Sometimes having very little of a certain element creates a void. And what do they say about a vacuum---it gets automatically filled.

Having Saturn in Aquarius and no air might have created a childhood 'fear' of being seen as 'not that smart.' So your goal was to change that so you make sure that others do not miss out on your obvious intelligence. :whistling:

Mister Skeleton

Hello. Well, from what I've read it's actually common for people who have a lack or shortage of a certain element to compensate for that by becoming immersed in or obsessed with whatever is represented by that element. (So, for example, water void people might try to be empathetic, super sensitive to compensate for their lack of water, fire void people might have a tendency of being overly assertive or creative) So in your case it's possible that you're trying to compensate for the lack of air by acting out air sign tendencies, coming across as very intellectual, knowledgeable etc, but you might not be aware of it.

conspiracy theorist

I'd have to agree with katy about Mercury conjunct the ascendant. To add to that, you also have Saturn aspecting the ascending degree alongside your Mercury which would contribute to a more serious and studious outward demeanor.

conspiracy theorist

ruler of 7th is Venus - angular, oriental, in Aries (detriment and lustful). Are you into dominant women who are more primal and wildly passionate? It would be a complement to a personality that doesn't like letting itself go to extremes. (Apart from Mercury/Saturn affecting the ascendant, you also have your ascendant ruler and moon in the 12th house and in the sign pisces - mighty emotions pushed deep down)

Luney

I have no air at all and I'm obsessed with learning.
My mind is constant chatter , chatter, chatter. people say I talk a lot.
I only engage in intelligent conversations and I'm the "Eternal Student"
Always wanting to learn , learn, learn.
My thoughts wake me during the night. Chatter , chatter.
Google loves me!
I love intelligent people.
I also have Mercury conjunction ascendant.(water)
So yes we seem to compensate our need for the missing element.
I'm also asthmatic. (Lacking air).
Hence, I feel everything I learn gets washed away by too much water in my chart.
When I read, I tend to swim around pages...

Last edited:

kshantaram

Premium Member
I guess as a Taurus Sun in the 1st house I can appear practical and conservative, I guess that contributes to this?

Saturn in Aquarius (only Air sign in my chart) definitely puts a nail on the coffin here.

But, why do I appear brainy-as I've been told throughout my life-with so little air?

aries asc, intelligent, action oriented and impulsive;
mer-venus literary-oratory-astrology aptitudes, rags to riches story;
debilated aspect from sat affecting health-head;
mer lord 6th over asc affecting health again;
sat aspect leo 5th affecting luck-edu-romance-children-position;

sun taurus trine jup, energetic, creative, hotel management, banking, etc

jup virgo 6th critical thinking, perfectionist, conciliatory approach with opponents;
jup lord 9th over 6th calling for extra efforts towards luck;
jup debilated aspect over cap 10th affecting career-knees;

moon-mars pisces 12th, volatile emotions and expenses-finances;
jup aspect own pisces protective; supportive of foreign lands;
ketu cancer 4th hyper-sensitive; detachment from mother-motherland,
pain-injury-surgery heart-lungs;

sat own inimical acq 11th, scientific-technical-innovative,
gains from old friends, old people,
stress-delays in income-gains-friendships,
prone to issues of arms-shoulders-legs-sciatica;
sat lord 10th over 11th own acq, gains from career under stress-delay;

rahu the node cap 9th, seeking ambition, hardwork, foreign travels,
need for pilgrimage.

hope information helps, share ground feedbacks,

wishing well,

kshantaram

Last edited:

Luney

I would say I prefer a passive woman; but very intelligent-Airy, if you will. Kind of makes sense in the trying to compensate.

Yes, yes, I reciprocate. I was only asmathic as a child, but then my mother taught me how to swim, then got me into swimming classes for a couple of summers, and a lot of negativity-including asthma-went away. I have only swam a few times ever since, but I still consider it healing for me even to look at a pool. But I'm a Pisces moon, with ascendant ruler in that sign, so that might correlate. :happy:

I'm love my swimming . it is an awesome healer. ... I live with a Pisces Moon,(my Son) very affectionate.. See how people are attracted to your thread? Taureans are very level headed, I went out with one for 7 years. So Mellow! He studied and became a Doctor.

Luney

I would say I prefer a passive woman; but very intelligent-Airy, if you will. Kind of makes sense in the trying to compensate.

Yes, yes, I reciprocate. I was only asmathic as a child, but then my mother taught me how to swim, then got me into swimming classes for a couple of summers, and a lot of negativity-including asthma-went away. I have only swam a few times ever since, but I still consider it healing for me even to look at a pool. But I'm a Pisces moon, with ascendant ruler in that sign, so that might correlate. :happy:

I definitely can resonate with all of those points. I guess I'm about to stop smoking so much. Thanks.

Thank you, you cheer me up in a difficult time.
Try to quit by the Moon phases and sign , it will be a lot easier. Check this site
Sorry I deleted that site..it didn't seem right , this one does.. Start on the full Moon to when it its waning.
http://innerself.com/content/personal/intuition-awareness/astrology/7866-moon-phases-influence.html

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I guess as a Taurus Sun in the 1st house I can appear practical and conservative
I guess that contributes to this?

Saturn in Aquarius (only Air sign in my chart)
definitely puts a nail on the coffin here.

But, why do I appear brainy-as I've been told throughout my life
-with so little air?

keep in mind that
The house location of a natal planet can change
dependent on the house system chosen :smile:

easily verify that fact at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
there, fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use

are available options
Placidus is simply the default
to view for yourself how that works in practice
create natal chart using Whole Sign Houses option
then compare house location of planets to when using Placidus option

There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart"
into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.

Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable.
A planet in the SIGN of Aries was also a planet in the HOUSE of Aries
so that in effect. there were no real houses as we know them today
Artificial divisions now known as houses
were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed
or confused
as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites
were definite power points or areas of intense focus
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant.

JUPITERASC

and so
I use BOTH whole signs AND Alcabitius

tsmall uses BOTH whole signs AND Placidus

some use whole sign AND Regiomontanus
there are multiple house systems
its a matter of personal choice

Here's why :smile:
i.e.

tsmalls comment at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=94683
explains the rationale

I use both whole signs and Placidus.
The original idea of quadrant based house systems was to determine angularity,
and never to replace the concept of topics
So I count signs for topics
and use a house system overlaid onto it.

Because, as I mentioned above, capability
and angularity/ability to act
are two different things.....

Taurus9

Before opening your chart I immediately looked for Virgo influencing the ascendant. As others have mentioned its ruler Mercury is nearly on your ascendant. However, what caught my eye was Venus in your first house Aries (double first), all about intial looks and physical appearance, trined by Jupiter in Virgo in 6th (essentially double Virgo), so ultimately expanded by shyness and intellectual perfectionism.

It also trines your Sun in Taurus, which is also definitely about your physical body and very complimentary to Virgo. Also, on a side note, Mercury in Aries can influence greater deeper intelligence in other houses such as eighth so as it is near first it may influence an even greater appearance of intelligence, but it may just be whatever else twelfth would do to it.

Last edited:

Taurus9

I have this question, all of my life I've had very much a Capricorn attitude-or it seems that's the route my everyday experience kept making me take. Pessimistic, serious, strong affinity with the older and underdogs; disinterest for personal image, with all my adolescence yearning to be uglier and more rugged.

In 2016 I started becoming more comfortable letting my Sun sign Taurus show, wearing nicer quality clothes and thinking of buying a nice watch. All of this contrasting with my Pisces influence, which makes me appear very childlike, positive and ingenuous-physically and aurally.

After my last birthday I feel I'm becoming more of a bull, but I don't know what's exactly happening. I wonder what you guys think...

I don't know what to think based on your chart about this. But as personal experience as a Taurus Sun and the same age/gender, I do relate to this very strongly. It may be something to do with more general astrology as opposed to chart-specific. Like, for example, generally metaphorically speaking Taurus is slow to get going but once it does it doesn't stop so it could be that way with experiencing the Sun sign itself. Or, something of significance happened with Taurus in the sky after 24-25 years that was blocking it from expression.

I notice your Taurus Sun is also Squared by Saturn in Aquarius as well, which is then Squared by Pluto In Scorpio. I experienced the same **** and I believe this was the main cause. Probable parental/authoritative suppression, to say the least. Basically chances are expressing your Sun qualities led to at the very least emotional abuse even without the realisation it was abuse, so it may be starting to free up a bit now.

katydid

I have this question, all of my life I've had very much a Capricorn attitude-or it seems that's the route my everyday experience kept making me take. Pessimistic, serious, strong affinity with the older and underdogs; disinterest for personal image, with all my adolescence yearning to be uglier and more rugged.

In 2016 I started becoming more comfortable letting my Sun sign Taurus show, wearing nicer quality clothes and thinking of buying a nice watch. All of this contrasting with my Pisces influence, which makes me appear very childlike, positive and ingenuous-physically and aurally.

After my last birthday I feel I'm becoming more of a bull, but I don't know what's exactly happening. I wonder what you guys think...

Your solar arc ascendant ---which is a progression method--is now conjunct your Sun in Taurus. [The solar arc ascendant moves about 1 degree per year and it is 26 degrees from your natal sun. ]

So your SA progressed Asc is conjunct your Taurus Sun.

Progressed Asc conjunct Sun is a sudden personal awareness of the Sun's qualities and attributes and flaws. And it will make you more grounded and responsible and even a bit more reliable.

Luney

By a progressed chart , your Sun would have just moved into Gemini .
Neptune and Uranus have progressed into Aquarius. I'm not sure if the outer planets have much effect on a progressed chart..
Ceres has progressed to Gemini.
Saturn now in Pisces. Pallas /Aquarius Nessus/Libra
So you have accumulated some air by progression.
:smile:

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
your mercury'/venus midpoint is square to your Uranus/Neptune conjunction. as mentioned mercury on your ascendant gives your intelligence .
the Neptune/Uranus conjunction can add a spacey indecisive vibration to your chart. it is also extremely creative but you have trouble discipling yourself top take advantage of your creative inspirations.

rahu

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
the Venus/mercury midpoint can symbolize your social interactions as such you are lively, happy ,talkative and loving to your friends and peer group.

the mercury component square to Uranus give the nerdy, scientific bent you have. the venus component to Uranus gives you a very "free" emotional presence. this part is flirty and interesting to be around. Uranus/venus aspect sometimes correspond with woman being attracted to you.

the Neptune component to mercury and Neptune gives creativity and a very sensitive ,spiritual feeling. though Neptune also saps your energy and gives you that lazy ,laid back part of your personality.

rahu