Interperting Chart

espi3479

So i really want to know more about vedic astrology. I have a modified image of my chart (sidereal ) What does it mean??!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 34

mathur_dinesh

Vedic astrology initially appears very intricate but once you have grasped the basics you start making sense.
For this you should either join a class or pick up a basic book. I do not think you can learn it through this forum.

Chakravathy

Hi !
I have found Kapiel Raaj KRS channel on youtube to be great start for a beginner in Vedic Astrology.

First of all, I do not have credentials to disregard Kapiel's growth as an astrologer. But I think I can put in my opinions and ask on what you guys feel on the same

1) Some of Kapiel's predictions and thoughts are contradictory. For example, he in one of his Facebook posts says, planet combustion need not be considered as a factor while deducing the strength of a planet. Even when a planet is a degree from Sun, we just have to treat it as a conjunction like any other. All the Raja Yogas formed out of this will still work wonders. Combustion will have no effect as such. This is after he created a video on the effects of combustion. He says he has done some research and found out that combust planets are no marred. Say for example, if venus is combust in lagna (1 degree from the sun) but has divisional strength with high amsabala (4) and if the same is yogakaraka(lord of 5th and 10th), the combustion factor need not be worried at all.

2) Secondly, I think he is a very smart business man. We can learn on how to sell stuff from him. Great trait. Appreciate it

3) According to me, Vedic astrology is of god. I believe a vedic astrologer should have a few traits. Since this is based on Karma, I believe one should be atleast a vegetarian. He feeds on from frog to cow, which according to me is a crime. I don't mean to say everyone shld be a vegetarian. But a vedic astrologer with so much fortune atleast need not share the meat he eats and the martini's and Johnie Walker's he drinks in social media. Some may debate on this saying, it's his life, who are you to judge? I am no one to do it.

Well, I have met many learned astrologers in India who do not approve Kapiel. The people I talk about are spiritual people who do not make any money out of this (Saying this coz u may be wondering that these people say it coz of jealousy).

I still follow Kapiel at least for the fun he provides in FaceBook. I like his presentation, his energy and his drive. But I feel he doesn't deserve the same respect as other spiritualists I meet in India.

Just my opinion. Not to offend any body.

Thanks,
Chakravathy

RaRohini

Dear Mr.Chakravarthy,

I fully endorse all your views.
My personal views are as follows:
I feel personally that there are various types of astrologers who are channelised by the Almighty to provide certain knowledge to humankind.
The greatest of them all are in the Moksha path like Ramana Maharishi or Eckhardt Tolle (who are not known to be astrologers , but i'm convinced that they are).But the problem with the Moksha path is that they have no ego and therefore cannot 'advertise'. The seekers will have to come to them.They will not go to the seekers.
2. I strongly feel that Kapiel may be on the Artha path . All paths are equal in the eyes of God. So it is a legitimate path as well.But how does he use the money ? Hopefully he is using it well. That is what matters.
3.I think he has strong Aquarian traits. So he will do things in his own unique way and not care what other's think of him.
4. His reach is greater because he is all encompassing and understands the world view rather than narrowing down to the 'Hindu' view. He has 'broken the barrier' and made astrology accessible to all.
This is not possible with a traditional Pundit who thinks Vedic astrology belongs to one particular section of society.
Knowledge should belong to any earnest seeker.
5. Meat eating : If his nakshatra is Kshatriya, he may eat meat right? A guy who eats frog can now identify with him.
What is important is whether he is sincere in his quest , and i think he is !
Sorry these are my opinions only.They may be wrong too. The ego part and the showing off- i can't digest that either !
Thanks for your view Mr.Chakravarthy 😃

Chakravathy

RaRohini,

Very nice and meaningful explanation. I agree with you in all your views except the meat part :tongue: :cool:

Lets us say a temple priest/purohit after finishing his duties, goes home, cooks frog biryani eats it and posts it in social media! Sorry to make you feel nauseous. :w00t: We won't agree to it, will we? No matter how great of an astrologer he is, I have to try hard to respect him as an astrologer. But I admire him as a businessman. He is relentless.

Again, We cant stop it(The meat part). Can only have our opinion. Can you tell me more on KSHATRIYA VARNA? Why is that they can eat meat and not Brahmni Varna or other varna's? I always believed that, while you cut an animal for food the trauma and anxiety spreads thru the animal flesh and causes imbalance in the human system when we eat it. And also of the opinion that the animal instincts/feelings/character manifest in humans. And again we do not let the animal go thru it's full cycle to evolve thru it's own cycle of life and death. I sometime personally feel the current unrest in the world (terrorism/mass killings/jealousy/ego/anger) are all traits of continuous meat consumption over time. Well, again in today's world, even if you are a vegetarian, u still use animal products in leather/fur etc...

And ya, the Aghori Babas. They are scary. They eat Human Flesh. But at least after they die and not kill em for food. They aren't in twitter and facebook yet :biggrin: And they do not influence the masses. Unless we go and film wat they are doing, they keep themselves away from the real world. But which world is real, our's or their's, I dont know

Thanks

RaRohini

Dear Mr.Chakravathy,
These are very nice points which you have raised.
What i feel is ..
The temple priest should ideally be from Brahmin nakshatra say Anuradha( Dharma path). Then automatically he or she will not eat frog meat ! Because these nakshatras are supposed to be non meat eaters. There was an interesting book that i read ( forget the name) which said that those with A+ ve blood group should ideally not eat meat. Maybe they were the original Brahmin nakshatras( who knows !).
I have a confusion in this myself.Brahmin nakshatras can be on any path Dharma , Moksha , Artha or Kama .For example Purvabhadra is a Brahmin in Artha path. I don't know whether these people can eat meat.Since Brahmins are essentially air signs, they relate more on the mental plane and do not need/have the digestive fire to digest meat .

Whereas i feel Kshatriya based charts have lot of 'fire in their belly'😃 needed to digest animal protein . They may also need brute strength to fight and so may benefit from having 'animal qualities'.
I have a confusion about Brahmin nakshatras in Dharma path or say Kama path.. can they eat meat?
I guess i am very confused . Can you throw light on this?
Personally i feel that the greatest astrologers should be from Brahmin nakshatra Moksha path. One such is Mrigasira..correct?
What are your views? Thanks !

Last edited:

Ra Ra

Hey Guys,

Jai Sri Narayan,

I believe that astrologers, and everyone, when and where possible, should be vegetarian. That people should not unnecessarily harm others. This is the Dharmic path.

There are vegans who do not consume anything from animals nor do they wear any clothing derived from animals such as leather, wool etc. This has led to the popularity of alternatives such as faux leather, pu leather etc and synthetic fur. However, in Hinduism, and in like other Dharmic religions, it's not a sin to use leather or animal skin/parts as long as the animal died naturally or was not killed by humans. That's why Yogis can use deerskin and tiger skin etc. Unfortunately, a lot of deerskin and other animal skins/parts sold in India for religious reasons are adharmic, since the animals are killed. You can usually see the bullet hole on the deerskin:sad:.

I don't believe that birth alone decides one's varna. People earn their varna through their actions/merits/work/efforts.

A true Aghori (who is very rare to find, same for a true Guru, Brahmin, enlightened spiritual person) can eat meat and kill animals and still get Moksha, because they have attained an enlightened stage where they understand karma and can "repay it", per say, right away. Almost everyone else does not have this ability.

This dark age of Kali Yuga :devil: has a very strong influence upon us all. It tries to make us go to the adharmic path, like most people in this world. You must fight it:smile:. It goes strongly after the those on the Dharmic/spiritual path.

I hope my input was constructive :smile:. Feel free to reply.

Namo Narayana,

Ra Ra

Last edited:

RaRohini

Hi RaRa,
Thank you for the constructive inputs !
Regarding birth not deciding the varnas, i have this to say.
The vedas have categorically stated that ones varna is decided at birth and cannot be changed during lifetime.
People have misinterpreted this and they think that if your father is a Brahmin, you are a Brahmin too !
If that was the case, then the vedas would have said ' Varnas are passed through paternal lineage'. But notice the wording carefully.
In my opinion,
Your birth chart or star determines the varna. So if i have Mars based chart, i will be a Kshatriya and fight for justice. That is how my energy is naturally built..how can i change that?
I will have fun being a warrior rather than studying scriptures which require heavy mental energy of the Air signs.(Hence i cannot identify with that energy). I may get brickbats for saying this..but there..i said it !!
Just my opinion. May not be true.

Last edited:

Chakravathy

RaRohini,

True. I agree with you. These things are always confusing. But just to be right staying a vegetarian for life would be my choice.

I do not eat anything about these Varnas. I am just trying to learn basics of astrology. I am a novice.

And again as u said, the belly fire to digest animal protein. I am a cancer moon, I dont even have the fire to digest vegetables sometimes :biggrin:

Ra Ra,

Thanks for your insights. In today's world it's hard to be a complete vegetarian or Vegan. But every time I see an animal being slaughtered for meat or whatever reason, I lose faith in humanity. Kali yuga as u say. Many people can win the argument saying it's for food and it's not wrong. I may nod my head but deep down, it won't go well with me.

Thanks

Ra Ra

Hi RaRa,
Thank you for the constructive inputs !
Regarding birth not deciding the varnas, i have this to say.
The vedas have categorically stated that ones varna is decided at birth and cannot be changed during lifetime.
People have misinterpreted this and they think that if your father is a Brahmin, you are a Brahmin too !
If that was the case, then the vedas would have said ' Varnas are passed through paternal lineage'. But notice the wording carefully.
In my opinion,
Your birth chart or star determines the varna. So if i have Mars based chart, i will be a Kshatriya and fight for justice. That is how my energy is naturally built..how can i change that?
I will have fun being a warrior rather than studying scriptures which require heavy mental energy of the Air signs.(Hence i cannot identify with that energy). I may get brickbats for saying this..but there..i said it !!
Just my opinion. May not be true.

Hey RaRohini,

Thanks for clarifying about varna. Yes, the vedas are against any designation of varna based solely on one's paternal lineage. However, when it comes to astrology, in which one's varna is said to be determined by one's birth star, I still think people have a certain amount of free will to change their destiny, that a person can become almost anything he want if he/she puts great efforts into it. I think even the astrological scriptures states that jyotish should be used for guidance. But then again, the choices we make in life and the decisions that lead us to take certain actions and the results of those actions are due to our destiny:confused:.

There are people, like myself, who have a passion to engage in various different professions that falls in each different varnas. I believe that we all have the innate capacity to be all of the different varnas in this life due to our actions/merits/work/efforts and natures/gunas. We see this throughout Hinduism, Lord Parashuram, a Brahmin, became a Kshatriya. King Kaushika (Kshatriya) became Sage Vishwamitra (Brahmin). Sage Vyasa was Shudra who became a Brahmin.

Namo Narayana:smile:,

Ra Ra

Ra Ra

RaRohini,

True. I agree with you. These things are always confusing. But just to be right staying a vegetarian for life would be my choice.

I do not eat anything about these Varnas. I am just trying to learn basics of astrology. I am a novice.

And again as u said, the belly fire to digest animal protein. I am a cancer moon, I don't even have the fire to digest vegetables sometimes :biggrin:

Ra Ra,

Thanks for your insights. In today's world it's hard to be a complete vegetarian or Vegan. But every time I see an animal being slaughtered for meat or whatever reason, I lose faith in humanity. Kali yuga as u say. Many people can win the argument saying it's for food and it's not wrong. I may nod my head but deep down, it won't go well with me.

Thanks

Hey Chakravathy,

As a vegetarian who lives in New York City, I don't find it difficult to be vegetarian or even vegan, in fact, I find it easy. There is difficulty ,though, being a Sattvic vegetarian (no onions, no garlic) since most vegetarian restaurants and read made vegetarian frozen foods are made with onions and garlic. Thankfully, my parents and I can all cook our own food. It's very easy when you know how to cook:smile:.

In regard to debating/arguing about vegetarianism, I always use logical and rational arguments. Peter Singer's "All Animals Are Equal" is a great source for making a pro-vegetarian argument. He uses an utilitarian based argument to argue for vegetarianism.

Ra Ra

Ra Ra

Hey espi3479,

Sorry for spamming your post:pouty:.

Like RaRohini mentioned, KRSchannel on YouTube is a great and easy way to start learning about Vedic astrology. Another great website which I highly recommend is Barbara Pijan Lama Jyotisha. She explains everything in simple lay man terms. Another great site is P.V.R. Narasimha Rao's Vedic astrology website. You can download his free Vedic astrology software, Jagannatha Hora from there. His free Vedic astrology text book "Vedic Astrology: An Integrated Approach", covers everything you need to know about Vedic astrology. I myself am trying to learn more about Vedic astrology. I have also learned a lot form using Parashara's Light Vedic astrology software.

Best,

Ra Ra

Last edited:

Chakravathy

Hi Ra Ra,

Fantastic. We aren't too far apart. I live in upstate. I drive to Lexington just to have food sometimes. Variety of Veg options there. Not to mention HSB. Try a restaurant called Pongal, if u haven't tried it yet.We don't have 100% veggie restaurants in the capital region here.
I don't fin it hard to be a veg in here as well. But I do Onions and Garlic.

I will search for Peter Singer.

Hello RaRohini,

U happy about losing the martian triats? :D U must be a fighter then :)

Thanks

muchacho

So i really want to know more about vedic astrology. I have a modified image of my chart (sidereal ) What does it mean??!!
In the vedic section you don't have to post your chart. In vedic astrology we work with alternate Lagnas and divisional charts and we also have to calculate strength of planets and houses. Which means we have to look at a whole bunch of additional charts that are calculated from your natal chart. Which means everyone who takes a look at your chart has to basically cast the chart again with his/her own vedic astrology software. So just post your birth details.That's all what we need.