Twin flames in the birth chart

sashafasha44

Okay honestly, does anyone even believe in twin flames? I used to believe in it and got totally taken advantage of by a psychic and my alleged twin flame. Now it just looks like an empath and narcissist type of relationship. This is my experience though. Some people say you can see it in the birth chart but I honestly don't even believe in it. Does anyone else believe in twin flames and if so do you think you can locate it in a composite chart or whatever? The whole twin flames things is just so toxic to me.

Lonerose99

Toxic. Drawn to each other but for what. Obsession. To hurt till you just can't stand it anymore. It must end. Love is not supposed to hurt.
Ven/Mars double whammy conjunction. Eros of one conjunct Sun of another. Psyche of one conjunct the other's Sun. And one's Eros conjunct the other's Psyche.

Ukpoohbear

I believe in past life/soul mate connections.

To see it in a chart, it is probably the more rare the possibility of the synastry would show the rarer the connection for eg Nodal connections.

Or, someone mentioned above, double whammy connections. Although not just Venus-Mars.

Last edited:

sentR89day

My parents were probably twin flames! The biggest aspects I saw in their synastry were my mother's Sun touching my father's North Node. And many squares, and conjunctions, to Pluto, aspecting each other's charts!

jennanesy

My parents were probably twin flames! The biggest aspects I saw in their synastry were my mother's Sun touching my father's North Node. And many squares, and conjunctions, to Pluto, aspecting each other's charts!
Is this really true? I thought Sun conjunct NN was not bad?

wilsontc

Staff member
All,

Please post SOME astrology with each post. I have deleted the non-astrological posts. If you want to have a non-astrological discussion on twin flames, please do so in the Chat forum.

Back to astrology,

Tim

GeminiMarz

Premium Member
I don't think there is anything about astrology that can tell you if someone is a twin flame. I feel the universe won't allow it. Astrology itself is just a tool and not an answer. More to existence than the alignment of stars and planets. It however is a good tool for growth.

leomoon

To each their own beliefs but;

I always believed in them, but with different terms used. For example, the 20th century Prophet Edgar Cayce called them Soul Mates and Twin Souls.They are not generated the same way. Soul Mates he explained are those who incarnate as groups together, finding each other again, perhaps in the same family or group setting as friends or clubs, etc. having been together before. Twin Souls are may be what you are speaking about one Soul that has split into two. That is far more rare and not every soul does this. When I see them (myself included with my husband and Cayce included with Gladys Davis Turner there isn't necessarily a love interest or a marriage etc. But there will be a closeness you "feel" of course.
For my husband and I, although the personalities are total opposites (Sun signs are square). We were born 9 months apart from each other (he always says he wanted to make sure I was okay first before he came) and I have checked the Epoch (Conception) Charts for both of us which match well for our resultant births.
The composite - synastry for us put all his natal positions in the upper hemisphere and all mine in the lower hemisphere so together is symbolically one whole. The "wholeness" of course is on the other side ultimately, and "here" you have two separate personalities with their varied idiosyncrasies to deal with.
Epoch:
Regarding the epoch (conception) chart, the moment of the sending down of the spiritual seed is computed using the hermetic rule retrogressively from the birth chart, utilizing the interchange of the position of the Moon and the Ascendant or its opposite. 1 Hermetic astrology, so-called because it is based on the application of the ancient Egyptian hermetic rule for determining the horoscope of conception, consciously includes - in addition to the birth - the moment of conception (epoch) as an important part of the process of incarnation.

Here is the synastry for Edgar Cayce and Gladys Davis: (who was his lifelong devoted Secretary) not his wife in this lifetime however:

THIS SHORT ARTICLE HAS A DIFFERENT UNDERSTANDING OF A TWIN SOUL TOO:

1677280897713.png

Last edited:

sentR89day

Oh yeah, my parents were both twin flames. They could 'feel' when something bad happened to the other person. They 'just knew' when one of them was sick, and 'just knew' when one of them was sad. It was freakishly like a movie, and freakishly (in a good way, I'm using freakishly loosely here).

The astrology was that there were tons of Plutonian placements, North Node placements, and they both had similar signs in their charts (an dominance of Leo and Aquarius planets).

leomoon

Here is my husband and my synastry of what I believe is a twin soul: (as for in this lifetime, we complete each other as in having answers for each other's dreams in the dream state or finishing each other's thoughts in the conscious state. However, our individual personalities are the very opposite (Sun is square to the other) two cardinal signs, and was a big problem when younger which we both had to try to overcome. It was never a truly "easy" marriage because of the difference in personality. The larger soul probably took that challenge on purposefully for growth.

1677429512513.png

leomoon

IF my husband and I are the combination of twin souls (one soul split into two ) this is a composite chart I did long ago when I wanted to know what our larger purpose was in being here. I'm still unsure of the 11th house symbolism, but I think the 8th house is the transformation (Plluto in the 11th) that came to both of us when we lost our youngest daughter in 2008 changing our lives forever, shown by the planets in the T Square which includes Chiron. From that point on, he decided not to work for others anymore, I agreed and we cashed in everything we could and started to travel overseas for the next 15 years (starting a few yrs before she died when we knew she didn't have long to live) The 9th house makes sense too in this way to me. And it is a composite chart of energies. The 11th still escapes me however, as we have no real friends and a very few close acquaintances we try to help out when they need help. All of our hopes and dreams (the house of hopes & dreams) were shattered after she died -

note: I wonder if I just answered my own question? 11th of hopes & dreams and Pluto being the planet of transformation ~ IF so, then I think we accomplished this from whatever other path we were on was turned around.

DAVISON RELATIONSHIP (COMPOSITE) CHART:
Like the composite chart, the Davison chart is based on midpoints. However, the method of calculation for the two is quite different. The Davison chart calculates the midpoint in time between the two birth dates and times and the midpoint in space between the latitudes and longitudes of the two birthplaces. The end result is a complete birth chart describing the merger of two individuals. A Davison Relationship Chart has a date, time, and location — just like any natal chart. This represents a major advantage of the Davison chart over the composite. Exploring the Davison chart is well worth your time and effort. [edited quote over 100 words against Forum rules - Moderator]

1678931877924.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ukpoohbear

are nodal connections actually relevant when it comes to things like these? since the nodes change sign only after 1 1/2 years i would assume that nodal connections are really common when youre the same age

Yes that’s true, they are so slow moving that any nodal contact to a personal planet in itself would not make a contact karmic. It can add to the picture to make a contact karmic in nature but you would need a more faster moving contact. The same can be said for Saturn and any of the outers, they are slow moving, some for months and others for years.

I would say to have an angle contact or ruler of an angle contact would be much more karmic in nature.

FraterAC

are nodal connections actually relevant when it comes to things like these? since the nodes change sign only after 1 1/2 years i would assume that nodal connections are really common when youre the same age
Even a month can move a nodal contact out of orb, since the Nodes move 60' in about 20 days. They don't have to move a whole sign to make a difference.
Since Lunar placement and angles, and aspects between planets, are all over the place even in people born in the same month, there is plenty of opportunity for Node contacts (or lack of contact) in a given population.

FraterAC

Yes that’s true, they are so slow moving that any nodal contact to a personal planet in itself would not make a contact karmic. It can add to the picture to make a contact karmic in nature but you would need a more faster moving contact. The same can be said for Saturn and any of the outers, they are slow moving, some for months and others for years.

I would say to have an angle contact or ruler of an angle contact would be much more karmic in nature.
I knew a couple -- his Saturn was partile conjunct her South Node and her Saturn was partile conjunct his South Node. The South Node and Saturn were not close to conjunction in either natal chart. Other contacts between the charts too of course. They were born within a year of each other.
While they both said they felt a deep connection with each other, they had plenty of difficulties in their relationship.

Last edited: