*Same-Sign Relationships*

venuschild.EarthGoddess

Has anyone had a romantic relationship, negative or positive, with someone of the same sign? If so, did it last, was it awful, did you learn or grow because of it? Or did it set you back? Also, do you tend to run into a love interest of the same sign or rarely?

I'm also curious about non-romantic relationships of the same sign for others, including family members, friends, co-workers...

If you know some of their other planets [and how they may have impacted your relationship], please feel free to share.

byjove

Account Closed
I can't remember if I've ever dated people of the same Sun-sign...most Aries guys I meet are absolutely crazy about sport, and nothing else exists for them. That doesn't do it for me...I really need mental sparring! In fact I'm near the exact opposite! Plus, my Sun trines Saturn and Uranus so I'm not typical Aries at all. I have to say though...I do like a little fiestiness in guys, a little fire. I like guys who can stand up for themselves, a competitive nature is very attractive to me...people who know me well ask me when dating someone new, "Yes, but does he has any fire"? It was first through other people I seen how much I liked that.

So same-sign, no, but other fire signs yes, many Sagg. actually, and strong Gemini nature in the chart ALWAYS gets my attention! :biggrin:

venuschild.EarthGoddess

That's interesting..I have noticed that same-sign fire couples aren't common, and the ones I've heard of are disastrous. My moms a sagg and my fathers an aries.
One of my best friends is an aries female, and the way you describe yourself and needs, she seems to be the same way; same with another friend of mine who recently passed. I suppose aries women and men are very different. And geminis are so intellectual, that seems perfect for you. =)

byjove

Account Closed
How about you, many same-sign events? Or other signs in particular? It would be interesting to see if other people in here have much same-sign experience...:wink:

venuschild.EarthGoddess

Oh, yes. I've had non-committed-but-romantic experiences with a few taurus males, and flirted ridiculously with others. I'm currently dating a taurus male. I must say, it's the best relationship I've had thus far! I know people say that about every person they date seriously, but I'm mature now and so is he, and I'm looking at it from all angles and my family and friends' perspectives.

My past relationships were with fire and air signs, and at the time I didn't know how much our astrological incompatibility played a role in them breaking my heart and us never speaking again. This is my first compatible relationship, and I'm glad its with earth (especially taurus, since bulls can be difficult to understand).

Now that I'm a ton more astrologically aware than I was before, I think it didn't work out with the other tauruses is something to do with their other planets in relationship to mine. I don't connect very well with people who have heavy air or fire in their chart, especially when it comes to their moon, mercury, and venus. I notice that these, namely venus, need to be compatible.

A few of my saggitarius female friends have told me that abhor saggitarius males, or avoid relationships with them. And a scorpio friend of mine told me she hates scorpio men (she says they're evil).

I dated one too many libras. xD

Rebel Uranian

We are unfortunately not our Sun signs. Life would be much simpler if we were. Of course same-sign relationships can work. My Mercury conjuncts his Mercury in Capricorn. But that's not what you mean, is it...

venuschild.EarthGoddess

It isn't necessarily, but that's still along the lines of same-sign relationship in my opinion. And all input is welcome. It's not often you find someone who has a planet in the same sign as yours.

I'm familiar with capricorn traits, not with their place in mercury...yet I can imagine...I'm curious, how is communication between you two?

Rebel Uranian

That's hypothetical. I don't have a husband and definitely don't want one yet. I don't even know anyone with Mercury there yet, but I had a late Capricorn Sun (female) friend who might've had a conjunct Mercury. I can tell your Mercury is somewhere else from the miscommunication :cool:

venuschild.EarthGoddess

Sure. My mercury is in my 2nd house and it's in conjunction with venus and jupiter.
I'm still fairly wet behind the ears with astrology so I just referenced a spell-out of my chart. I'm still learning the aspects.

byjove

Account Closed
Well after 12 years of learning astrology, I find I still cycle through the planets when 'I'm ready' to learn more...and I'm currently very interested in Mercury too. Though can't say I've tuned into Mercury compatibilities yet. Moon, Mars and Venus when dating, yes...:whistling:

Lion o ness

I can honestly say I have never dated a Leo.. I usually dont find leo sun men attractive.. (go figure) (Leo Venus/Mars is another story) :wink:

I was attracted to one Leo Sun, but we became such good friends and confidants that any type of romantic relationship was out of the questions.. We didnt want to ruin the friendship..

I've had one Virgo bf, really wrong...he kind of clung to me and just reminded me of my own co-dependant tendencies as a Virgo. I am always attracted to air signs....i can't really figure it out. All of my friends, and most of my bfs have been air, either gemini (esp geminis!) and libras. Too strange as I should really not get on with geminis...my current bf is a libra with a gemini moon and 4 planets inthe 11th. I think I just crave their mental process and emotional distance. I have very little air, though my mars/jup conjunction is on the 11th house cusp. *scratching my head*

venuschild.EarthGoddess

Thats good that you guys didn't pursue a relationship. I do enjoy relationships that begin as friends first, but when you're really close, that just makes things weird....emotional...icky.

I can see why you wouldn't be attracted to a leo sun...you have enough leo in your chart for 2 people! lol Your name definitely suits you, Miss Lion o ness =)

The only leo males I've been attracted to was superficially. I fell in love with a female leo, big mistake since i'm fixed earth and she's fixed fire 90 degrees from me. I have huge crushes on leo celebrities and I must name them: Edward Norton, Casey Affleck, Ben Affleck, Dustin Hoffman, Kevin Spacey, Jeremy Piven (and depending on the movie, Phillip Seymour Hoffman).

Lion o ness

HAHA.

I actually fall for watery guys with very little fire.. Especially if they have aqua mars... (hahah)

(my asc,venus) in water.

My asc/venus are very happy until my Leo comes out and then it goes down hill from there. :devil:

venuschild.EarthGoddess

I've had one Virgo bf, really wrong...he kind of clung to me and just reminded me of my own co-dependant tendencies as a Virgo. I am always attracted to air signs....i can't really figure it out. All of my friends, and most of my bfs have been air, either gemini (esp geminis!) and libras. Too strange as I should really not get on with geminis...my current bf is a libra with a gemini moon and 4 planets inthe 11th. I think I just crave their mental process and emotional distance. I have very little air, though my mars/jup conjunction is on the 11th house cusp. *scratching my head*

That's interesting, I guess it really depends on the planets. I know of 2 or 3 virgo-virgo couples, long-term and happy. Some people display the negative tendencies of their sun sign more than others, and depending on whats going on in their life. Since you favor gemini and libra, its very fitting that your current bf is a libra with a gemini moon. (^_^) And "neighbor" signs seem to get on well. Im curious, do you have an abundance of fire in your chart? Or your asc?

That's interesting, I guess it really depends on the planets. I know of 2 or 3 virgo-virgo couples, long-term and happy. Some people display the negative tendencies of their sun sign more than others, and depending on whats going on in their life. Since you favor gemini and libra, its very fitting that your current bf is a libra with a gemini moon. (^_^) And "neighbor" signs seem to get on well. Im curious, do you have an abundance of fire in your chart? Or your asc?

Yes, :happy: here is the thing: both of my serious relationships i have had my leo moon exactlr conjunct their sun/moon midpoint. my ex was a gemini sun, libra moon...the inverse of my sweetie...same exact degrees for both, just exchanging sun and moon. too weird! And to answer your question, I have moon saturn and venus in leo, virgo asc...

and to drive the strangeness home...both my sons have air sign moons...am i really airy without any indications in my chart??!! a phantom air lady...:)

Last edited:

venuschild.EarthGoddess

im currently interested in a leo...i dont usually find leo women attractive....i think she might have a sag asc...my natal venus square her uranus, her natal venus square my mars...she has venus square uranus natally...i have venus square mars natally...so theres quite a bit of attraction there...

Wow, so many hard aspects between you two! Definitely much fuel for the fire! With your aspects you two are unlikely to forget each other, but a long term relationship would be definitely be tricky. :wink: