Astrological Configurations and Allergies.

Claire19

Mmmm yes what sign does rule the skin and which planet? It is the largest organ of the body. Some say Capricorn and Saturn but that could be the process of ageing which shows in the skin..........must investigate...

Claire

starlink

Hi Stelliumgoat! I think mental health problems are mostly found in the 3rd house afflictions and the first house as well. I have a family member who is manic depressive (since his 21st birthday), he is now 49, and he has Saturn (in Scorpio) in the first, in square to his Sun and his Moon in Capricorn in Square to Neptune in the 12th, so, like you asked, the 12th is certainly also to be considered.

Frisiangal

StelliumGoat said:
I had a question, could aspects to the 12th house be related to mental health?
As, I have also dealt with depression and anxiety in my life.

Depression and anxiety are related to Saturn, and you mentioned a Saturn-Neptune-Uranus conjunction in your earlier post that squares Moon. This would incline towards 'emotional' rather than 'mental' depression. Depression could but not necessarily will become chronic from the stellium being in Capricorn. Yet, with the stellium in Capricorn you are of a young enough age to overcome any depression you experience by simply taking what it is that bothers you OUT OF the 12th house and dealing with it. Face it instead of hiding from it ( Saturn-Neptune) and change your ideas instead of allowing an old and outdated pattern (Saturn-Urauns) get the better of you.

I was just wondering, which sign does rule the skin?

It really does depend upon the type of skin complaint. As had been said elsewhere Saturn, as end of the physical existence and, therefore, also that of the body, rules the protective outer skin. Saturn-ruled skin complaints are the long-term chronic ones; dried and/or scaly skin, psoriasis, etc.. The allergy/dermatological skin complaints can usually be found under Virgo and/or an afflicted Mercury (together with breathing problems?), whilst the 'beautiful skin' complaints, shingles and Herpes are a product of Libra through its ruler Venus.
Infectious skin diseases also have their rulerships which sometimes fall outside of this pattern.

F.

Carole

Draco:

I've learned that a strong Neptune influence makes you prone to develop allergies. I have seen in charts of people I know (one of them is my son's) that relation between Neptune and allergies. You have a Pisces (it rules immune system hence allergies) ascendant, and Neptune angular and aspected by Saturn (which rules the skin), what would count as a strong Neptune influence regarding health issues, in my humble opinion. All of this added to those aspects you pointed out in your post. I myself suffer from severe allergies (respiratory type) and I have Neptune almost sitting on my ascendant in the twelfth house in Scorpio, aspecting my Mercury (ruler of the lungs) in Scorpio in the first house.

Do you think you have an enhanced sensitivity to medicaments in general?

Carole

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Carole said:
Draco:

.......that relation between Neptune and allergies. You have a Pisces (it rules immune system hence allergies) ascendant, and Neptune angular and aspected by Saturn (which rules the skin), what would count as a strong Neptune influence regarding health issues.............

Hi Carole,
Where did you learn that Pisces rules the immune system ? I thought this was generally classified as Capricorn/Saturn....protective boundaries... and Pisces/Neptune referred to the dissolution of all physical boundaries, including those of the body. This seemed to coincide with the transit of Neptune into Capricorn (with Jupiter) and the first socially public known cases and understanding of AIDS.

Just curious.

F.

starlink

Hello Frisiangal! I also read that Neptune rules the immune system or at least is connected with auto-immune illnesses. When the 12th house is being "attacked", the body seems to loose the capacity to recognize it's own structures and destroys them. In the 12th house we are the most vulnerable and negative thoughts can lead to the collapse of our defense system.
The functions of the mamal gland which makes T-lymfocytes, necessary for the immunity, are connected with the 12th house and it's rulers Neptune and Jupiter. I found this in a book about medical astrology written by Dr. Margaret Millard.

starlink

Thanks Jag, nice to get some feedback on this. I do totally agree with what Joanne Chicoine says. I knew about the (flat)feet, the cancer (chemo) and coma associated with Neptune but not about asthme, thought that that fell under Mercury. (or maybe Neptune-Mercury?). Ciao!

Carole

Frisiangal:

I like to analyse and investigate and I have found interesting similarities in different books about medical astrology. I tend to blend what I learn from the vedic medical astrology with the western medical astrology and see if I can apply it and use it with people I treat. Of course, I am far from being an expert in this field, but in the books and a few articles I've read about vedic, Pisces is considered to rule allergies, lymph glands and immune system besides the feet.
I mentioned that because I have noticed the relation between pisces-neptune-allergies in a number of people, most of them, people who I treat and have treated with reflexology therapy. Skin allergies are, as well, linked to Virgo, which rules the intestines, and curiously, that corresponding area on the feet is the area I work upon to treat allergies and the person usually improves a lot.
I read something really interesting once. It was about the link between negative emotions and the different illnesses. I remember that heart conditions, back and joints ailments were being related to anger and impatience. And allergies (both respiratory and skin) were related to jealousy and possessiveness. It was truly interesting because my eldest daughter (who is a Leo) has suffered from tachycardia episodes and back and joint pain. One of my sisters suffers from skin and respiratory allergies (she is a Virgo) and I suffer a severe respiratory allergy as well. In our case this theory seems to be proven since my daughter is a very irritable and impatient young woman, my sister is absolutely possessive and jealous and in my case, well...I think I have learned to control my possessiveness, but I have not been so successful in controlling my jealousy, I guess. I am perhaps the proverbial Scorpio.:eek:

Carole

starlink

Thanks Jag, I also have seen kids with asthm who were very oppressed by their parent(s), very much having to do what they tell them, so psychological pressure could also trigger asthm. Starlink

Frisiangal

starlink said:
Hello Frisiangal! I also read that Neptune rules the immune system or at least is connected with auto-immune illnesses. When the 12th house is being "attacked", the body seems to loose the capacity to recognize it's own structures and destroys them. In the 12th house we are the most vulnerable and negative thoughts can lead to the collapse of our defense system.
The functions of the mamal gland which makes T-lymfocytes, necessary for the immunity, are connected with the 12th house and it's rulers Neptune and Jupiter. I found this in a book about medical astrology written by Dr. Margaret Millard.

Hi Starlink,
I have Millard's 'Casenotes of a Medical Astrologer', which I dug out again after reading your post. I remember the difficulty I had reading it first time many years back because of her saying, 'forget all the old ideas regarding rulerships', as if her findings were the new dictated laws to be followed. I don't know if this is the book to which you refer.
Without the time to study the chart examples again for proof, I did, however, find the reference you state above regarding the T-lymfocytes, Neptune and Jupiter, which was mentioned in her description of the 12th house. I guess it depends upon how one reads the words; necessary for immunity may not mean the immune system itself, just as the brakes system is necessary for a car but isn't the complete car, if you understand my meaning.

Carole wrote:

I tend to blend what I learn from the vedic medical astrology with the western medical astrology and see if I can apply it and use it with people I treat. Of course, I am far from being an expert in this field, but in the books and a few articles I've read about vedic, Pisces is considered to rule allergies, lymph glands and immune system besides the feet.

I'm not even a qualified novice in Medical astrology. :)
I've never studied vedic astrology and wonder if this is the explanation regarding differences in rulerships where dis-ease is concerned; the gradual mingling of eastern with western astrology. Every chart I look at is perceived through western teachings, so whenever I read of something totally different, any knowledge I possess is in need of a tune up! It is NOT criticism, believe me, but a seeking of answers.

I read something really interesting once. It was about the link between negative emotions and the different illnesses.

This is my whole perceptive viewpoint from what I was taught regarding what I prefer to call Health rather than Medical astrology. I would stake my life upon the fact that suppressed emotional/psychical disorders find their outlet through physical complaints, and IF a person can be made aware of 'the where' a predisposition towards a physical complaint lies if they don't deal with the negative spiral then all dis-ease could be banished. Very Utopian, I know. I haven't yet found a philosophy (natal Taurus Sun in 9th) that answers the why of complaints from birth. I suspect it's a path that leads beyond my concern with only the NOW of conscious life;).

I remember that heart conditions, back and joints ailments were being related to anger and impatience. And allergies (both respiratory and skin) were related to jealousy and possessiveness. It was truly interesting because my eldest daughter (who is a Leo) has suffered from tachycardia episodes and back and joint pain. One of my sisters suffers from skin and respiratory allergies (she is a Virgo) and I suffer a severe respiratory allergy as well. In our case this theory seems to be proven

Was this correlation from the vedic perspective?

From a tropical astrology viewpoint, may I also ask if the heart and back (Leo and Aquarius related) and joints (Gemini) ailments arose from a difficulty within the person to express their individuality in everyday life in the manner they desired? As if no one was interested in or wanted to hear (Gemini) their side of things? They didn't 'join in', had difficulty coping with a(ny) change of ideas, kept themselves apart? Difficulties or concern for the father.

My now 31 yr. old son-in-law is a dear. At 21, he had to be treated for a back hernia. I asked his mum for his birth data. A Libra Sun opp. Chiron, with Moon in Taurus T-square Saturn in Leo-Uranus in Scorpio. I thought it very coincidental that it followed a time when his father's health was deteriorating (Parkinson's) and their farm had to be sold because the eldest son didn't want to take it over. My s-i-l, a farmer in heart and soul, would have dearly loved to have taken it over but didn't have the funds to do so. Its sale and concern for his dad not only broke his heart but broke his spirit for a while as well.

In a very early post in this thread I mentioned the association of Virgo and aggravational emotional reactions to 'substances' outside themselves, meaning not pollen etc., but people and events! Mercury's adjoining influence with respirational problems; not speaking up or out, say what is one's mind, etc.

My youngest daughter was physically abused as a teenager. She can't let it go. It's become her 'private demon'. She has Mars-conjunct Uranus in Scorpio opposing 8th house MEAN Black Moon Lilith, and suffers regularly from acute ( Uranus) bladder (traditionally Scorpio ruled) infections (Mars)....the most recent exactly coinciding with Mars's return. She also has Moon in Virgo and suffers from pollen and pine tree allergy. I've wondered if the latter is associated with the place the abuse took place that has become impregnated upon her mind.

F.

Last edited:

starlink

Hi Frisiangal, I honestly did not remember anymore what was written about disregarding rulerships. I think I got the book about 20 years ago, the only one I have about medical astrology (because I did not want to dig into it further than just know a few basics regarding signs and which illness they were most prone to. I just remembered what I once read in her book about this Neptune thing and I quoted it. About her own findings I can only say "Who knows!". We all have to figure out what works best for us right? I like Placidus, another likes Koch, one swears by progressions, another, like Noel Tylle swears even more by Solar Arc measurements. It does not mean that they dictate a new law on us. It just shows that they are trying to figure out a way that suits them best, something all astrologers should do. Shall we cook it, fry it, steam it or put it in the micro? I admire anyone who tries something new, how else will new inventions be made?

Carole

Jagetoile:

I have looked for the site for hours a few occasions, but I haven't been able to find it yet. I would appreciate a lot if you happened to find it some time and let me know when you do it.:)

Thanks!!

Carole

Last edited:

Carole

Frisiangal wrote:

I've never studied vedic astrology and wonder if this is the explanation regarding differences in rulerships where dis-ease is concerned; the gradual mingling of eastern with western astrology. Every chart I look at is perceived through western teachings, so whenever I read of something totally different, any knowledge I possess is in need of a tune up! It is NOT criticism, believe me, but a seeking of answers.

Hi, Frisiangal!

I perfectly understand what you say. I like to compare and blend things I learn if I think it could be useful to my purposes to help people around me. And looking for answers is always valid and desirable.
I am convinced that negative emotions find their way out manifesting themselves through illnesses. I see this every day in my work. People come here all stressed and guess what part of her bodies reflects all that stress? The spine and the sciatic nerve. I help these people to rid of the stress and...Presto! The pain is gone. After all, we are just energy surrounded by more energy and whenever a clash or conflict of energies is produced, there comes the dis-ease.

Was this correlation from the vedic perspective?

Well, I am not able to say with absolutely certainty if this correlation is from the vedic perspective since I don’t remember if the site where I read it was one of vedic astrology, to be honest, but it sounds somewhat eastern to me.

From a tropical astrology viewpoint, may I also ask if the heart and back (Leo and Aquarius related) and joints (Gemini) ailments arose from a difficulty within the person to express their individuality in everyday life in the manner they desired? As if no one was interested in or wanted to hear (Gemini) their side of things? They didn't 'join in', had difficulty coping with a(ny) change of ideas, kept themselves apart? Difficulties or concern for the father.

My daughter (24) is a very assertive young woman who has always had the freedom to express her opinions (if she hadn’t had it, she would have just arrogated it at the first opportunity). The relationship between her and her father has been always loving and caring. The only thing I can think of that might have given her reasons for an emotional shake up was to feel forced to abandon her classic ballet career. She was incredibly passionate about her art but things changed a lot from one day to another and she was confronted with the need of bringing her ballerina era to a close. Yes, that affected her a lot.

My now 31 yr. old son-in-law is a dear. At 21, he had to be treated for a back hernia. I asked his mum for his birth data. A Libra Sun opp. Chiron, with Moon in Taurus T-square Saturn in Leo-Uranus in Scorpio. I thought it very coincidental that it followed a time when his father's health was deteriorating (Parkinson's) and their farm had to be sold because the eldest son didn't want to take it over. My s-i-l, a farmer in heart and soul, would have dearly loved to have taken it over but didn't have the funds to do so. Its sale and concern for his dad not only broke his heart but broke his spirit for a while as well.
My youngest daughter was physically abused as a teenager. She can't let it go. It's become her 'private demon'. She has Mars-conjunct Uranus in Scorpio opposing 8th house MEAN Black Moon Lilith, and suffers regularly from acute ( Uranus) bladder (traditionally Scorpio ruled) infections (Mars)....the most recent exactly coinciding with Mars's return. She also has Moon in Virgo and suffers from pollen and pine tree allergy. I've wondered if the latter is associated with the place the abuse took place that has become impregnated upon her mind.

I think you are correct in your appreciations about the case of your son in law. It seems typical and your daughter’s recurrent problem as well. I think that it may well be linked with the traumatic events you mentioned. I have seen girls develop a bad rash when they get stressed. My eldest daughter used to get very high fever the night before her birthday party, without any other symptom so, that let me know she was perfectly and that the fever was triggered by her excitement. Once one knows how the mind and emotions affect our health, this field becomes extensive offering a wide scope of possibilities and lots and lots to learn.
What do you think about some types of cancer being related to repressed feelings of ire?

Carole

Last edited:

Frisiangal

jagetoile said:
just want to say that as a medical doctor and rather accomplished astrologer Dr. Millard is now in heaven. i find the words really harshing to ears and lack of respect.

Lack of respect on my part has nothing to do with it, Jag, for when it is written in said book, page 19, quote: 'This scheme is sketchy and incomplete, for there is yet a great deal to be discovered........however, it is a starting place",... followed by..... 'I must emphasise that nothing must be taken from the old sources ,( my stress on words, F.) but each case must be studied to see if the principles I have set forward are correct, and if exceptions are found, new hypotheses must be formulated to account for them' does, itself, seem to show lack of respect for ancient teachings.

f I may give 2 examples taken at random from the book.

Haemophilia is a blood disorder from birth. Ancient teachings and every med. book I have consulted places the life's blood under rulership of Mars. One would also think that ailments from birth might be shown through a 1st house planet? Dr. Millard saw this differently and presented a chart, stressing the emphasis of the 2nd-8th house axis in which Venus, ruler 6th house, was in 2nd house in Capricorn. She continues to give 5 further aspects to explain the disorder, plus the nodal axis = 6 in total. Mars did not enter into them.
In her book, she states that the 135 degree aspect is the most important following the yod figure. I think you will also agree that the 45 degr. multiples
are health significators.
Using 'old sources', I looked to see where Mars was. It was in the 5th house in its own sign. The 5th house has nothing to do with health aspects, except that Mars was inconjunct the Scorpio Ascendant and exact degree(within 15 mins. of a degree) sesquiquadrate (135 deg.) to Saturn in the Ascendant in Sagittarius( profuse exaggeration not easily stopped?).

On page 3, Dr. Millard states that ' the diseases which the planets are said to signify should be questioned' . Her daughter was unfortunately born with what she describes as ' multiple heart defects.' She gives no description of the chart, yet there is a Sun-Jupiter conjunction in the Ascendant, whilst Leo is on the 6th house cusp. These are surely classical and reliable correlations?

No offence was meant in my previous post.

F.