Learning more through Synastry

AquaScorpio

Hello there, it's been quite awhile since I've been on these boards. It wasn't that I lost any interest in astrology, but the main draw for me is natal and relational astrology of those close to me. Being that I was in a relationship for 3 years, and I didn't get to meet many new people in that timespan, there wasn't much "new" things for me to discover.

Now that that relationship has ended, I've been on my own again and it feels great. However recently I've met someone who I've felt a strong, almost inexplicable attraction to. We've only actually hungout a total of 2 times but in that span we've learned alot about each other and have developed a deep connection and somewhat strong feelings. The good news is that we're both aware of these powerful feelings and know to "take it easy" in order not to burn out the relationship. Still, it's a bit difficult to repress these feelings, but I'm gonna try. Here's both our charts, and what little I know about synastry.

The aspects that I've noticed:

POSITIVE ASPECTS

My Mars TRINE her Venus - This is one of the tighter aspects, and I know it's a harmonious one and hopefully one we can focus on. This could explain some of the passion. Since both are in water signs I would assume it's a deep emotional connection? Also I'm not completely accurate on degrees so I'm wondering if my Mars, being in such a late degree, falls in her first or second house? Her Venus is in my 4th house I think, which would perhaps intesify the planet already being in Cancer? We feel happy when we are actually doing nothing, even just lying in bed all day somehow brings us happiness despite us both being social people who like to get out of the house.

My Jupiter TRINE her Mars - This is also a very tight aspect (bout one degree orb) and perhaps another focus of the relationship. From what I understand this a good aspect for mutual growth, achieving goals through each other and energizing each others spirits. Also this could contribute to our friendship and feelings coming easily. My Mars lands in her 1st or 2nd house (once again I'm not sure) and her Jupiter lands in my 4th house again.

My Uranus TRINE her Sun- This is a 3 degree orb aspect, and a fairly interesting one to me. I've learned she gets bored easily, at least with relationships, so I'm hoping this helps that issue. Even tho I'm the Uranus person in this aspect, I kind of feel like it's reversed, as she's the one opening the world to new possibilities, but then again I can't speak for her and it's still early in the relationship.

NEGATIVE ASPECTS

Pluto seems to be very malefic in this synastry chart. Here's the three negative aspects it forms:

Her Pluto SQUARES my Sun, Venus and Mercury - This is strange to me, I feel like I'm the Pluto person, but according to the charts it is her Pluto that squares my inner planets. Unfortunately I might have to accept that the strong, deep feelings may come from her Pluto squaring my Venus. This could be fueling the fire between our Venus/Mars, but am I being overly optimistic when I say that the energy is there but can be directed towards a positive future? As far as the Pluto/Mercury aspect, I do feel like she does read a bit to deeply into what I say, and I feel like I have to choose my words wisely for I don't want to hurt her feelings, especially when it's not intended. I remember reading somewhere, and I'm certainly paraphrasing, that we could either be "engulfed in the flames" or be "strong survivors." I know I must respect Pluto and it's powerful energy, but I say, bring it on!

Other notes:

Would I be correct in noting that my Sun is CONJUNCT her North Node? Also, that my Moon is CONJUNCT her Asc, and her Moon CONJUNCT my Asc?

Overall I feel like this relationship has alot of energy associated with it, and that if focused right we can learn alot from each other better ourselves from it. Also, that the intense feelings of passion and emotion must be respected and I can't let them get out of control otherwise it may bring the whole thing down. I hope I'm on the right track, if anyone has anything to offer or correct my amateur astrology skills please feel free!

PS: I must say that I've known this girl for 7 years, but we haven't talked or seen each other much in that timeframe. However, when my relationship ended, I had a dream about this girl, which to me was strange because I haven't seen, talked to or even thought about her in a very long time. In the dream it was like we started a relationship. When I woke up I felt like I had to pursue this, and somehow we ended up here. I'm a big believer in fate, and dreams of course, so I just thought I'd share that. I wonder if there's an astrology aspect between the two charts that has anything to do with this?

Attachments

• annchart.jpg
    annchart.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 29
  • jakechart.jpg
    jakechart.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 23

venuschild.EarthGoddess

Hi AquaScorpio.
I'm not experienced at all with reading charts, but I do have a good understanding of the signs. I noticed that not only are your suns' opposite, but also both of your mars'. I think this plays a huge role in the intensity of your relationship.
I had a semi-relationship with someone of the opposite sign once (he was a scorpio), and it was complete intensity. Also, he told me I was often in his dreams.
Opposite sign relationships can either be very good, or very bad...but intense all the same. It all depends on the combination, and the other planets. The other aspects in your synastry seem to be a good indicator that this relationship should benefit you.

p.s. coincidence: i, too was in a relationship for 3 years and enjoyed single life, and then had a brief yet educational happenstance with the opposite sign I mentioned. Also, you and your love interest are fixed signs, and so am I. The odds!

AquaScorpio

Ah thank you for sharing your personal experience! Intense is definitely the right word, the best way I could describe it was standing on a rock in the ocean while the waves are constantly pounding. One little slip and you're carried out to sea. The relationship is constantly teetering between euphoric and volatile. Unfortunately I think this relationship ended before it began haha I feel silly now but somehow I feel like I learned alot from such a short relationship. I've always had a problem about getting attached and developing strong feelings too quickly (moon in scorpio in 7th), and unfortunately here with the pluto aspects it didn't play out well. I can't say I regret it, though I must learn to put up some walls or something, take it slowly and surely, channel my north node in taurus.

Perhaps our opposite sign relationships being fixed makes it more difficult to get past the beginning of the relationship?

venuschild.EarthGoddess

I think the fixed quality combined with the opposition does seem to play a role in the progression of the relationship. My experience with my opposite sign never made it into "relationship territory" because he refused to get into a relationship [with me]. Like you were saying, he put up walls because he had problems with getting attached and developing feelings too quickly. I have that problem too, and I said the L word despite his rejection. He didn't wanna lead me on, I didn't want to feel used, but for some reason we couldn't stop seeing each other until I was in another relationship. Such a strong magnetic pull.

I also had a relationship with a leo and an aquarius, fixed as you know, and those relationships never left first gear, which is why they had no problem with nonchalantly ending it.

I guess it depends on the indiviual charts and of course the people themselves, but I'm starting to think the sign best suited to me is a taurus. I have an instant and genuine connection with each one I meet and they seem to want exactly what I want, and communicate openly as I do; my current boyfriend is a taurus and it's more than wonderful. In this case, the fixed quality is great because I can count on them to never change outta complete nowhere, and we vibe on the same level.

I hope you fare well in your romantic endeavors. =)