Moon Square Saturn

GeminiSun

Do you have this placement? Know anybody with this placement? What are your thoughts/experiences with this placement?

I have Moon in my 1st house squaring Saturn and it's like the main aspect in my chart. It has a huge effect on me and I'm trying to figure out how to heal and best use this energy in my life.

I never really had much of a childhood and I blame this placement. I had a type of OCD which causes obsessive intrusive religious-themed thoughts from as early as 5 years old which I kept hidden from everybody. I was also hiding the fact that I was gay too so I never got to express myself and enjoy being a careless child. That really effected me. I also missed out a lot on young adulthood due to OCD and anxiety.

I got this interpretation of Moon Square Saturn from Darkstarastrology:
Moon square or opposition Saturn grows up quickly, therefore deep inside Saturn’s armour is a very soft-centred, needy child. The subject is loathed to show this very fragile side of their character, so most of the time they appear very strong, capable and most of all independent. The suppressed needs will very often come out as incapacitating illness or depression, that way they get the care they feel they don’t deserve to ask for.

Thoughts on this placement?

blackbery

It's a horrible placement, I have it along with the sister I'm closest to. Let's just say we experienced things in childhood and life that seared our very souls.
We grew up very quickly & I couldn't really relate to anyone my age.....they all appeared so childish to me...but that's exactly how children should feel....not this heavy burden felt with the Moon/Saturn Square.

But it made us emotionally strong and it will with you too. While others fall apart in times of crisis, you are able to rise to the event. You tend to keep your emotions very hidden and nobody understands the pain you are in. There will be periods in your life of great depression and heartache. You will feel abandoned at times. Try to find at least one true friend, probably an older mentor or conservative person like a religious or very wise leader that you can turn to at certain times.

Try expressing yourself in a journal, even rip it up afterwards but get those feelings out or it will turn inwards to thoughts of suicide. Some authors have this aspect. You will have to deal with the 'dark dog days of melancholia' but it does get easier as you get older as you realize these times are meant for reflection and healing. I follow a spiritual path but that might not be for you. Reach out to groups that can help deal with gay issues so you don't feel alone.
I would strongly advise against taking meds unless you are severely impacted as they hand out drugs like candy these days and easy to get addicted.
Then you have a big problem with trying to get off the pills.

Keeping a healthy body, routines like going for long walks in nature, reading mature & wise books & poems will help.

I appreciate your honesty as it's not easy at all for Moon/Saturn people to let others know how they feel. They often come across as cold but it's a form of defence.

Here's a good explanation.

Moon Square Saturn

Limitations and restrictions may occur on opportunities and experiences, often created by unresolved emotional patterns. The source of these may be sentimental attachments to the past, to memories, to experiences, and to earlier relationships.
You find it difficult to break free from the past; and previous experiences will influence present choices and attitudes. You may have grown up with a negative self-image, one which lessens self-confidence and also shapes restrictive worldviews. This may come from unsettling and disturbing childhood experiences. [edited quote over 100 words - against Forum rules - Moderator]

https://astromatrix.org/Horoscopes/Planet-Aspects/Moon-Square-Saturn

Do you have this placement? Know anybody with this placement? What are your thoughts/experiences with this placement?

I have Moon in my 1st house squaring Saturn and it's like the main aspect in my chart. It has a huge effect on me and I'm trying to figure out how to heal and best use this energy in my life.

I never really had much of a childhood and I blame this placement. I had a type of OCD which causes obsessive intrusive religious-themed thoughts from as early as 5 years old which I kept hidden from everybody. I was also hiding the fact that I was gay too so I never got to express myself and enjoy being a careless child. That really effected me. I also missed out a lot on young adulthood due to OCD and anxiety.

I got this interpretation of Moon Square Saturn from Darkstarastrology:

Thoughts on this placement?

p.s. Humor can be used & should be used. In spite of everything, my sis and I never lost our sense of humor. Laughter is the best medicine after all!

Funniest Cats �� - Don't try to hold back Laughter �� - Funny Cats

https://youtu.be/eX2qFMC8cFo

Last edited by a moderator:

GeminiSun

It's a horrible placement, I have it along with the sister I'm closest to. Let's just say we experienced things in childhood and life that seared our very souls.
We grew up very quickly & I couldn't really relate to anyone my age.....they all appeared so childish to me...but that's exactly how children should feel....not this heavy burden felt with the Moon/Saturn Square.

But it made us emotionally strong and it will with you too. While others fall apart in times of crisis, you are able to rise to the event. You tend to keep your emotions very hidden and nobody understands the pain you are in. There will be periods in your life of great depression and heartache. You will feel abandoned at times. Try to find at least one true friend, probably an older mentor or conservative person like a religious or very wise leader that you can turn to at certain times.

Try expressing yourself in a journal, even rip it up afterwards but get those feelings out or it will turn inwards to thoughts of suicide. Some authors have this aspect. You will have to deal with the 'dark dog days of melancholia' but it does get easier as you get older as you realize these times are meant for reflection and healing. I follow a spiritual path but that might not be for you. Reach out to groups that can help deal with gay issues so you don't feel alone.
I would strongly advise against taking meds unless you are severely impacted as they hand out drugs like candy these days and easy to get addicted.
Then you have a big problem with trying to get off the pills.

Keeping a healthy body, routines like going for long walks in nature, reading mature & wise books & poems will help.

I appreciate your honesty as it's not easy at all for Moon/Saturn people to let others know how they feel. They often come across as cold but it's a form of defence.

Here's a good explanation.

Moon Square Saturn

Limitations and restrictions may occur on opportunities and experiences, often created by unresolved emotional patterns. The source of these may be sentimental attachments to the past, to memories, to experiences, and to earlier relationships.
You find it difficult to break free from the past; and previous experiences will influence present choices and attitudes. You may have grown up with a negative self-image, one which lessens self-confidence and also shapes restrictive worldviews. This may come from unsettling and disturbing childhood experiences. Perhaps you put up protective barriers to defend vulnerable feelings from damage; you may have believed you were not loved by your parents, or you were left with just one parent through separation, divorce, or death. Issues of emotional dependency may have grown, and a mother- or father-complex formed, making it difficult to cut the parental umbilical cord when you became an adult.
You tend toward pessimistic attitudes, linked to a reduced physical vitality, emotional moodiness, melancholic dissatisfaction, and depression. Lacking self-confidence and perhaps seeing the world as a harsh, loveless place, you may feel bitter and cynical, preferring isolation from relationship intimacy. Family ties bind you.

https://astromatrix.org/Horoscopes/Planet-Aspects/Moon-Square-Saturn
Thanks for the tips. The melancholic dissatisfaction and moodiness are very noticeable in me. Unfortunately I'm already on meds because of how severe my OCD and anxiety was but it's helped a lot along with therapy and CBT stuff. I also feel it's easy to be super honest about yourself when you're an anonymous person on a forum. And great description of Moon Square Saturn btw.