Can a synastry chart have too many easy aspects?

musetta

I am still an astrology beginner, so I was wondering if I could get some advice about this synastry between me and a love interest. The chart is mostly sextiles and conjunctions, with almost no squares (all of them are really wide orb) and only one opposition.

I read somewhere that when the synastry is too good, it can make the relationship too easy and boring. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Also, what do you think of all his planets in my 6th house (5 of them!)?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 7.03.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 7.03.39 PM.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 39

waybread

I wouldn't worry about too easy a synastry chart! Unless for some bizarre reason one or both people need to argue with each other or cheat on each other. If one or both dislike being bored, maybe a more supportive response would be to take up sky-diving, a major home renovation, or high-altitude mountaineering. The bigger problem is usually too much tension, and arguing about money or sex.

Also, some conjunctions have to be treated as hard aspects. Saturn-Pluto conjunct Venus, or moon-Pluto conjunct Mercury would be examples.

aquabutterfly

Well i am actually in a similar positions to yours. The only thing we have different is our moons... i dont think it makes it easy and boring there are other harsh aspects to be considered. In my case we have the same placements...its like dating myself and that can also be challenging

musetta

Yeah I think we are both very similar also because we have planets in the same signs (most notably venus and mars). The relationship overall is very easy without a lot of conflict and with good communication.

I think most of my struggles come from my need for freedom and fear of being tied down (uranus in the 7th house or maybe my gemini rising?).

Also virgos worry about EVERYTHING and want a relationship to be perfect, which is impossible.

Fun times

waybread

I think people can find their own excitement in life through their choice of careers and hobbies. It's kind of a burden on the partner so be expected to provide excitement simply because the other person feels bored and can't generate his/her own energy.

Especially for long-term marriages, the honeymoon will end at some point, so being best of friends and genuinely liking each other is a major asset.

(Speaking as someone married for 21 years.)

musetta

Yeah, I think everyone is different, but for me it doesn't help to have too much conflict in a relationship. I'm a bit of a commitment phobe so being in a relationship with conflict just makes me want to get out.

I have heard that some people like a relationship with a lot of squares because it makes it more interesting for them, so maybe it just depends on the person and their chart.

muchacho

I am still an astrology beginner, so I was wondering if I could get some advice about this synastry between me and a love interest. The chart is mostly sextiles and conjunctions, with almost no squares (all of them are really wide orb) and only one opposition.

I read somewhere that when the synastry is too good, it can make the relationship too easy and boring. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Also, what do you think of all his planets in my 6th house (5 of them!)?

Thanks
Lack of challenging aspects in a synastry means lack of contrast in the relationship. Depending on your current life situation or stage in life, that can be a good thing or a bad thing. There's no general rule.

Yeah, I think everyone is different, but for me it doesn't help to have too much conflict in a relationship. I'm a bit of a commitment phobe so being in a relationship with conflict just makes me want to get out.

I have heard that some people like a relationship with a lot of squares because it makes it more interesting for them, so maybe it just depends on the person and their chart.

That's right, the more contrast, the more variety. And the more variety, the more things to choose from. Which is a good thing if you are stable and clear-minded, but a bad thing if you are unstable and confused. The contrast is also where excitement and attraction power comes from in relationships.

Last edited:

waybread

muchacho, I don't get this. If there's a sextile in synastry, you've got different elements--and an aspect that itself means "excitement" because it contains the 2-series as well as the 3-series.

I don't think it's helpful to suggest that people who are "unstable and confused" would be the ones to avoid "variety."

It's important to recall that unless someone marries their high school sweet heart who lives next door, many of us will find non-astrological attributes of our spouse or partner to liven things up adequately. (For example, my ex and my husband were born in countries other than mine.)

And then again, I think it's a big burden to place a demand for excitement on the other person. If people are so easily bored around a human being who genuinely loves and cares for them, then I think they've got some kind of "itch" elsewhere in the chart that they need to address independently of their relationship.

A relationship works when you want the other person's happiness as much or more as you want your own. Not when s/he's supposed to offer "variety."

I've been married 2X, once for 20 years, now just past our 21st anniversary. At our age, I don't look for "contrast" or variety in the relationship because we enjoy doing things as a couple that provide a lot of interest. (For example, we have a small RV, go camping a lot in out-of-the-way places, hiking, and lately we've rekindled an interest in multi-day canoe trips. I don't know when you last paddled on a big windy Canadian lake, or got stranded by a flash flood in a desert box canyon, but that's how we've gotten plenty of excitement.)

I think the main predictors of a successful long-term relationship are (a) shared values, and (b) genuine companionship. A spouse/partner should be one's best friend, independently of everything else entailed in a committed relationship.

This is based not only on my experience, but on couples I've known really well over the years, like family and long-term friends.

When couples get into big difficulties its usually over money or sex. Sometimes it's over whether to have children. So these are areas where conflict isn't good.

Last edited: