Good Composite vs. Bad Synastry, who wins?

Ailceimic

Hi you all!
I’m really amateurish in astrology and I find many things I can’t deal well with, like synastry-composites. Among the most important persons in my life (parents, couples and closest friends) I’ve frequently found that the composite chart with them it’s either “better” (I mean, more good aspects or few bad ones) than our synastry, or even more frequently “strongest” (many more aspects, either soft or tense, and with smaller orbs).

Thanks to all for your help! :)

Attachments

• Composite.jpg
    Composite.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Synastry.jpg
    Synastry.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi you all!
I’m really amateurish in astrology and I find many things I can’t deal well with, like synastry-composites. Among the most important persons in my life (parents, couples and closest friends) I’ve frequently found that the composite chart with them it’s either “better” (I mean, more good aspects or few bad ones) than our synastry, or even more frequently “strongest” (many more aspects, either soft or tense, and with smaller orbs).
I’ve just started a relationship with a person, and our synastry have plenty of oppositions and squares involving personal planets, and only one soft aspect. But the composite has plenty of both soft and tense aspects in equilibrium, and with small orbs. Personally, I find this person has “touched” some things that were long time buried really deep in me, and I feel rather overwhelmed, feeling all but indifference to this person, either attraction or repulsion. Does it really worth the effort “crossing” such awful first sight contact (synastry) to make potential benefits from composite arise?

Thanks to all for your help! :)

This is just my personal opinion. The contacts between your two natal charts are the real thing, like transiting planets have direct effects on a chart. The composite is an artificial construct that shows the midpoint of each of the planets in your chart.

While astrology does very well use other artificial constructs, such as progressions and directions, the composite's averaging the position of the two Suns, Moons, Venuses, etc, seems pretty far away from reality. To me.

So my opinion would be to definitely heed the synastry over the composite. The benefits of the composite aren't going to arise. To the extent that they may exist, they are already here in the same moment as the synastry.

Last edited:

Ailceimic

Thanks Ilene!

So according to you, composite is rather something "invented" without real entity... that makes sense... in fact in our composite there's an opposition between Sun and Mercury, such ting would never take place in a "real" natal chart...

Maybe it's just me wanting things be easier than they are! :p

Ailceimic

Well, I find hard to regard progressions as a "more real" influence than a composite... it's based on real positions of planets, yes, but projected in time using "artificial" time recalculations...

Bah, that's all about the same: real and unreal in astrology cannot be separatedly define, I think you're right...:p

MantisReligiosa

I vote Composite. The Composite is like a baby, an independent entity which is your relationship. My parents have a pretty difficult synastry situation, but wonderful composite.
They have Moon square Moon in synastry, Mars square Saturn in synastry..Sun square Sun in synastry...Sun semi-sextile Moon in synastry, Sun semi-sextile Moon in synastry(both ways), Mars conjunct Sun in synastry(a good aspect), Moon-Venus square Moon in synastry, but in their composite they have Sun-Moon-Mercury-Venus-Mars forming a stellium(all conjunct one another), and most of those planets trine Jupiter, and they've been together since forever..
They were classmates from grade 6 through 12, got married when they were 23-24, respectively, and are still together now, 3 kids later, at 60-61.

Claire19

If you are only amateurish at astrology then it can all be rather confusing. Synastry shows one side only and the composite is for when there is a relationship established and it is mainly how others view it.
THe orbs of aspects are only small at 3 degrees and there should only be a few strong aspects with comoosites. It does show the area of life that is concentrated on but it does depend on exact times of birth for both parties or all parties concerned.

Synastry is contradictory and confusing and the blend of two people's aspects is much more telling.

Ailceimic

Many thanks MantisReligiosa and Claire19!!
I have to say that now I’m even more confused... But for what I understand, you mean that composite is to be taken in account once a relationship has establish, so as to say, it has become an independent entity itself. In my case, it’s still a very new relationship, in the very first stage, if ever it goes even a bit further. It also cannot be pictured any “external image”, as so far almost no one knows it even exists. Then I guess that in my case, synastry would be the only chart to be considered. And given that this relationship started in fact now that I’m abroad, all those bad aspects of synastry will push it to disappear as soon as I come back to my country…