How to Free Intercepted Signs and Houses?

katydid

I remembered an interesting article I read about intercepted signs in the Mountain Times magazine. So I went and found it online:

https://mountaintimes.info/intercepted-signs/

The article is very interesting. And her theory, which I like is this:

Only in the last few years have I come across an explanation for interceptions that allows me to say something useful to the people who come to me for readings – stick with me; I’m going to try to put this in a nutshell – here goes:

The nature of the signs that are intercepted indicate that in the early life of the client, there was a problem within the family and as a child, they wound up playing second fiddle to whatever that problem happened to be. It’s as if to say they grew up in an atmosphere where the parents were basically saying, “Can’t you see how hard it is for us to cope with this? Do us a favor and don’t add to the problem by needing more from us than we’re able to give.” As a result, the child grows up feeling uncomfortable about themselves in any situation where the original problem gets stirred up and becomes an issue. In essence, they don’t know what to do about it and/or they overcompensate.

Let me give you an example: I have Gemini and Sagittarius intercepted in the 12th and 6th houses in my natal chart. The Gemini-Sagittarius axis is about a lot of things. It’s about truth and lies. It’s about walking your talk. It’s about brothers and sisters and distant relatives. It’s about the lower mind, the higher mind, and a host of other things.

I grew up in a household where on the surface everything looked perfectly normal. Underneath it all there was an ocean of dysfunction, about which no one was telling the truth. In addition to this there were life and death issues with my siblings and a raft of problems with my aunts, uncles, and grandparents that was swept under the rug.

Only in the last few years have I come across an explanation for interceptions that allows me to say something useful to the people who come to me for readings – stick with me; I’m going to try to put this in a nutshell – here goes:

The nature of the signs that are intercepted indicate that in the early life of the client, there was a problem within the family and as a child, they wound up playing second fiddle to whatever that problem happened to be. It’s as if to say they grew up in an atmosphere where the parents were basically saying, “Can’t you see how hard it is for us to cope with this? Do us a favor and don’t add to the problem by needing more from us than we’re able to give.” As a result, the child grows up feeling uncomfortable about themselves in any situation where the original problem gets stirred up and becomes an issue. In essence, they don’t know what to do about it and/or they overcompensate.

Let me give you an example: I have Gemini and Sagittarius intercepted in the 12th and 6th houses in my natal chart. The Gemini-Sagittarius axis is about a lot of things. It’s about truth and lies. It’s about walking your talk. It’s about brothers and sisters and distant relatives. It’s about the lower mind, the higher mind, and a host of other things.

I grew up in a household where on the surface everything looked perfectly normal. Underneath it all there was an ocean of dysfunction, about which no one was telling the truth. In addition to this there were life and death issues with my siblings and a raft of problems with my aunts, uncles, and grandparents that was swept under the rug.

And so, what about the signs that get bumped into the position of ruling two houses each? In my case, Cancer governs my first and second house and Capricorn governs my seventh and eighth house. The moon rules Cancer. It is the inner world. Saturn rules Capricorn. It is the outer world. The moon is the mother. Saturn is the father. Relative to my birth chart this says that I have major mother and father issues, and a split between who I am emotionally or inwardly and who I am out in the world. It also means that Mommy and Daddy were lying about something, and whatever that was, made it difficult for Cal to figure out how to a) Be herself, and b) How to function in her relationships with people and in her relationship with the world.

============================================

This might give you a lot to think about in terms of deciphering your 6th/12th, Virgo/Pisces interception. :innocent:

So Cap rules your 10th and 11th.
And Cancer rules your 4th and 5th.

So you have the Moon ruling 2 houses.

Your 'double' houses are being ruled by the Moon and Saturn.

So your parents have a very strong influence on you and your life decisions?

Last edited:

waybread

Well, my non-serious answer, is to change house systems.

There are no intercepted signs in the whole signs and equal house systems. Each house is exactly 30 degrees.

Also, at Astrodienst where you did your chart, there are over a dozen quadrant house systems. You might play around with some of these, to see whether your intercepted signs disappear. They might just be an artefact of Placidus houses.

Something else to note is that where you find a pair of intercepted signs, you will also find one or more pairs of "duplicate" signs, where one sign appears on adjacent house cusps. In your chart, Saturn rules your 10th and 11th house cusps. Saturn is also the traditional ruler of Aquarius, so he's a key player. Then the moon rules your 4th and 5th house cusps.

Your intercepted planets will still function normally, but maybe just not get the traction or outward expression we would otherwise expect.

With your moon-Mercury conjunction in Pisces in the 12th, you probably have a rich imaginative inner life.

Also, if you pay attention to your progressions over the years, you will see those planets exiting Pisces and moving into Aries-- and beyond.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

A question for you, warrior rising.
In a symphony orchestra, are all the instruments playing equally all the time???

katydid

A question for you, warrior rising.
In a symphony orchestra, are all the instruments playing equally all the time???

Good question.

Equal Houses make it appear as if we were all born in the middle latitudes and longitudes. And takes away the unique houses created by one's location at birth.

ElenaJ

Yes, exactly.
The un-equality between houses can give emphasis on certain areas, although at the same time the intercepted signs don't just dissolve, they play in the background.

curiousabout77

This could also mean that your 4th and 5th house are both affected by transits to your moon and your 10 th and 11th houses are affected at the same time by transits to saturn. So maybe in your life these areas always change together because of the same ruler.

ElenaJ

Actually, others may see it, but it just won't be a dominant energy for you.
It's there, it doesn't go away. It doesn't mean it's weak.
It's like something that remains always in the back of your mind.

katydid

I can't say that. They want me to take the practical route (I mean I get it as we're really not that rich and we're living in a developing country) whereas I like taking risks and it's all about passion for me (Made sure we have the money first and I feel like when placed in a career that we like, we would really excel and be more useful). I was forced into studying business before and I would cut classes bc my heart wasn't into it, I was surrounded by lazy classmates, I just didn't get why I was studying it. I got depression bc of that. I feel like it's the other way around. So yeah it didn't work out, my mom told me to be a teacher but I forced them to enroll me in an art school and I did great there. They have air moon signs, my mom has many 10th house, dad has many th house/8th house (he has a capitalist and economist mindset whereas me and sibs are marxists), and I honestly feel like they really don't know what's best for us? They invalidate our needs (Their nurturing styles are very different from our nurturing needs, sister is a fire moon, brother is an earth moon). My sister was forced to study engineering, didn't work either. She's an IT now. I don't think I will ever listen to them.

Your parental units can have a strong influence on your decisions even if you don't 'follow' their wishes....:whistling:

Sometimes we react to them and our responses are shaped by our emotional reactions .

What I hear from you is much more Uranus influenced and Aquarian than Neptunian. For example, Marxist ideology is very Aquarian.

The way you express yourself comes across very 11th house/Sun/Uranus conjunction---very adamant, passion for taking risks, vowing to never listen to your parents advices again....:cool:

curiousabout77

From what your saying it sounds like the intercepted signs are energies you don't need to work on because you understand it and moon and saturn have been emphasised through two house ruler ships to get you to work on it as you understand it less.