Timing Question - When Will he Arrive?

Draco

I asked a question of a horary yesterday evening asking as to when my partner would arrive. My prediction was off by only ten minutes, which isn't too bad at all really, but I am curious as to whether there is anything in the chart which could indicate timing to the minute.

I understand that it may not always be possible to time things to the minute, but often people do, and I wondered if there is anything I may have overlooked in the chart which would make such timing possible.

Here is the chart below:

I didn't use real time for the timing, but just measured the amount of degree's and minutes between my significator and my partner to symbolise the number of hours and minutes to arrival.

His significator, Mars is at Scorpio 4.04, mine, Venus, is at Scorpio 6.38. Given that there is 2 degrees and 24 minutes of arc distance between the two significator's, I determined that arrival would occur in 2 hours and 24 minutes from asking the question.

The question was asked at 4.53 PM, so I predicted the arrival as 7.17 PM. He actually arrived at 7.07 PM, ten minutes short of the prediction, but not too bad a prediction none the less.

Can anyone determine anything in the chart which may have predicted the arrival closer to the actual time at which it occured, or even to the minute?

pwadm

Staff member
Nicely, very nicely done !

But explain me how come this can work, since Venus is actually separating from Mars and the conjunction doesn't take place :34:It's effective nonetheless.

If you want to predict to the minute, then use minutes instead of hours as the measuring unit. Between the question time and the arrival time, there're 74 minutes. The Mars (him) - MC distance is 75 degrees. There you are. He will show up (Mars conjunct the MC) or come home (Mars opposite the IC) at 7:06 pm. :cool:

Draco

Wow! Radu you are so right.

Mars is indeed 74 degrees (minutes) from the cusp of manifestation, and he did arrive 74 minutes after the time of the question being proposed.

Well, when I looked at the clock it was 7.07 and the chart gives 7.06, but I am tempted to think that the minute had only just changed over when I looked at the clock, making the timing very precise!

It is strange that even though Venus is moving we can still time as if it was stationary, and the degrees between significators will act as a symbolic measure of time. Surely there is some overseeing intelligence in operation behind all this? If I never believed in a God, astrology would surely make me believe it.

I will pay attention to the MC in future when trying to time as to when something will appear. Then again, next time, the chart (or the intelligence which oversees it) will probably change the way it can be timed, in order to teach me something new.

Thankyou for your help. :cool:

blumen

Radu said:
Venus is actually separating from Mars and the conjunction doesn't take place

I noticed that the Sun is separing from Mars and conjuncting Venus. It combusts both significators, but it should act as a translator of light too.

Blumen

blumen

Radu said:
But Venus is faster than the Sun, Venus separated from Mars, then bumped into the Sun then went further.

Yes, this is something I cannot understand. Venus is faster than the Sun, and the aspect should be separing, giving a negative answer. Yet, when I looked at the chart I thought "Translation of light occurs!"

I performed a search on Google and found this article http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mcmcann/art22.htm
according to which any planet can perform translation. Will test this in my readings,

Blumen