Moon exactly opposite North Node

Styx

I know i'm supposed to say what I think this could indicate, but I truly have no idea. All I know is that this could not be good :unsure:.
NN is what our destiny is in this life? Moon is my emotions, so...

Edit: this chart is wrong

Attachments

• astroS.jpg
    astroS.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

waybread

Styx, your chart is dominated by a huge grand trine, with very few stressful aspects between the planets. You have very little water in your chart, as well. The good news is that life should go pretty well for you without half trying. The bad news is that people with a grand trine involving so many planets may not achieve everything in life that they could, given their talents. They may forego the university degree, the travels, the specialized job training, &c that somebody with a bunch of squares would be compelled to do, so this tendency is something to watch out for.

Your Sun and Mercury are in active, go-getter Aries and they do square your ascendant; and your other grand trine planets are in earth signs, so you can achieve a lot in a practical, material way once you get motivated.

Against this background, you have the moon in exacting Virgo in the 2nd house of money and possessions, opposite your NN in idealistic Pisces in the 8th house of "other people's money", the occult, and the spiral of life and death. With an opposition, you also have the SN conjunct your moon. Both the moon and SN are past-based, so you may have a comfort zone with managing your own assets (your valuables) and value system (what you value); although the square from Jupiter may encourage you to overspend!

On a practical level, where your growth lies might be a career in a "shared resources" field like financial management or the insurance industry. On an esoteric level, it might lie in exploring the depths of the human psyche and the meaning of life and death. If your Aries nature needs a little more excitement, your NN might lead you into something involving a little detective work, like insurance fraud investigation, or hospital emergency room work.

But I wouldn't see your lone opposition of note as bad! No pain, no gain. Most people have far more stressful aspects than you do. The key to handling an opposition is finding constructive ways to balance the two energies' competing natures.

N Node pisces I always think of the 'caring professions' and tea and sympathy

http://www.cafeastrology.com/nodesofthemoon.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/northnodeinpisces.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/northnodeinscorpio.html

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h8.html
for a clearer idea of 8th house matters click on link

here is some info on Grand trines
http://www.therealastrology.com/HTML/FAQS/AspectPatterns.html#Grand Trine

Re: Need some education: Which charts to use when?
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17514

Beginning to Study Astrology
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154469&postcount=10
http://www.soulhealing.com/tutorialwest.htm

It's always best for a proper evaluation to post your chart with progressions and transits on same wheel found in extended chart selection. Reduce the ratio of orbs to 80%, select smallest image size 63% on picture, right mouse click and select 'save target pic as' and save to hard drive then upload here

[deleted non-astrological comments - Moderator]
What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Styx

Styx, your chart is dominated by a huge grand trine, with very few stressful aspects between the planets. You have very little water in your chart, as well. The good news is that life should go pretty well for you without half trying. The bad news is that people with a grand trine involving so many planets may not achieve everything in life that they could, given their talents. They may forego the university degree, the travels, the specialized job training, &c that somebody with a bunch of squares would be compelled to do, so this tendency is something to watch out for.

Your Sun and Mercury are in active, go-getter Aries and they do square your ascendant; and your other grand trine planets are in earth signs, so you can achieve a lot in a practical, material way once you get motivated.

Against this background, you have the moon in exacting Virgo in the 2nd house of money and possessions, opposite your NN in idealistic Pisces in the 8th house of "other people's money", the occult, and the spiral of life and death. With an opposition, you also have the SN conjunct your moon. Both the moon and SN are past-based, so you may have a comfort zone with managing your own assets (your valuables) and value system (what you value); although the square from Jupiter may encourage you to overspend!

On a practical level, where your growth lies might be a career in a "shared resources" field like financial management or the insurance industry. On an esoteric level, it might lie in exploring the depths of the human psyche and the meaning of life and death. If your Aries nature needs a little more excitement, your NN might lead you into something involving a little detective work, like insurance fraud investigation, or hospital emergency room work.

But I wouldn't see your lone opposition of note as bad! No pain, no gain. Most people have far more stressful aspects than you do. The key to handling an opposition is finding constructive ways to balance the two energies' competing natures.

Thanks Waybread! You always help me out with your enlightening posts :smile:!

I just found out i'm rejected for a job I really, really, really wanted(so I am a little too emotional). I really want to make sure some of the "legit" astrologers out there know that not every person with grand trines is lazy and expects life to be easy all the time. I know I'm not like that at all.

I'm someone who is not afraid of confrontations. I am very assertive. I am always thinking of my next step and what I can do to have a better life. Succes is very important to me, sometimes maybe a little too much. I think i'm the only person in the world that doesn't like for other people to buy me things. I love the feeling of working hard for your money and then being able to buy your own stuff.
Life has never been easy for me, so I have never really understood why grand trines indicate an "easy" life. I really dont understand why they represent an easy energy! I had a horrible childhood with parents that were abusive. I have always struggeled with depression. I can go on and on.
I am a 100% aware that if you want something in life you have to work for it. I can't remember the last time something was handed to me. I have always had to take initiative in every aspect of my life.
It's actually frustrating at times, because I feel like I give and give, but I don't get anything in return. It would be nice at times to be rewarded for my efforts.

Anyway I just wanted to make sure that professional astrologers maybe learn a new way to look at charts with grand trines.

(By the way Waybread, I didn't mean to make you feel like I was attacking your post! I understand where you're coming from. Thanks again for you post.)

dr. farr

From my eclectic perspective, I would not interpret the NN with the Moon: the Moon is in partile conjunction with the SN (Dragon's Tail in my parlance), and all Moon/node delineations I would make would deal exclusively with the Moon relation with the Dragon's Tail; the blows suffered by your emotional field (such as you mention regarding parents, etc) I believe can be clearly laid at the Moon conjunct Dragon's Tail's doorstep: in fact such experiences are exactly what would be expected to occur, with such a connection.
(Needless to say, there are other important configurations in your natal chart pointing out positive trends and personal strengths: I am merely addressing your specific original concerns regarding the Moon and the nodes, here in this post)

Last edited:

Ebenia

When Moon is conjunct South Node, it usually means that native is very connected to his past and has usually some trust issues concerning his family. Person might go very far trying to find solitude and peace and security in his life, and sometimes truly never will find it . This person can have HUGE trust issues and finds hard to trust anyone, but still needs the security more than many of us.

The key to this is to leave all the family issues behind and give up many of the traits the the Moon sign holds (in this case, Virgo; details over whole picture, nagging, self-critizising, critic, sarcastic comments, snob attitude...all the bad things about Virgos) and grow for the Pisces type of things, like being sensible, forgiving, understanding, acceptfullness etc. Sometimes this growth might indicate also work that has to do with Piscean type of work where needs to be put a little bit of that Virgo essence to really make it work. :tongue:

Frisiangal

When Moon is conjunct South Node, it usually means that native is very connected to his past

I agree, and according to Martin Schulman's book on the nodes, a conjunction to the SN implies 'doing things over'. Past life (or childhood) experience is brought up again, like history repeating itself within a slightly different frame of focus.

The Earth trine and Moon emphasis is significant of one who uses physical perception as a frame of reference. It will look before it leaps to see if the road is clear, where there are any pitfalls along the way, in order to feel physically safe and secure. If it is interested in a job it may first be led by how much the immediate salary is rather than the possibilities within the position that could, but not necessarily do, lie in an unforseen future.
Virgo has a dire fear of physical insufficiency, yet is perfectly able to manage with enough to get by; an excellent commodity in this period of global economic instability. The Moon in Virgo still carries this need within it. It has strong needs of proof regarding its attitude towards 'values' and 'feeling valueable' (2nd house influence) and is prepared to work hard and long to achieve this (Earth emphasis to 6th and 10th). As long as it has physical security to rely on, it 'feels' o.k.

This is entirely different to a Sun in Aries that will leap before it looks!! It's the fearless pioneer and innovator of new ideas that have yet to unfold into something substantial of nature (it leaves that to Taurus!). It will go head on and full blast into something. It's not concerned with values and costs. It's not the physical perfection of the initial idea.....very Virgo...by which it is incensed, but the adrenaline flow and kick in the doing and getting there that is important to Aries. For Aries to aid the NN in Pisces to work and feel well in becoming less 'physically-minded, reliant, and orientated', the imbedded Virgo Moon's efficiency and sufficiency needs can provide Aries with the inner self security and sufficiency that it, as a sign, lacks. There's a lot of 'gut feeling' based upon evidence available for access in Virgo, which a hasty Aries may not see.

You are still very young, inclined towards the idee fixé of Earth. Yet as your life unfolds you could find yourself gradually becoming less reliant upon others to supply and fulfil your needs and turn towards more self-reliancy. The once physical needs may become 'immaterial' to you as a sense of mission engulfs your life. You may find that people eventually come to rely upon you and the strength of your abilities, which could provide the rewards 'that are not physical of nature'. The eternal thanks and gratitide of others for being who you are, that cannot be measured through payment of goods.
A good combination of both nodal energies and a Moon influence?

When Moon is conjunct South Node, it usually means that native is very connected to his past and has usually some trust issues concerning his family. Person might go very far trying to find solitude and peace and security in his life, and sometimes truly never will find it . This person can have HUGE trust issues and finds hard to trust anyone, but still needs the security more than many of us.

The key to this is to leave all the family issues behind and give up many of the traits the the Moon sign holds (in this case, Virgo; details over whole picture, nagging, self-critizising, critic, sarcastic comments, snob attitude...all the bad things about Virgos) and grow for the Pisces type of things, like being sensible, forgiving, understanding, acceptfullness etc. Sometimes this growth might indicate also work that has to do with Piscean type of work where needs to be put a little bit of that Virgo essence to really make it work. :tongue:

I suspect a few Virgo here may have something to say on your comment above. Having moon in 2nd house naturally ruled by taurus will give you an emotional need to earn your own money to feel secure, but at the same time restless - all mutuable signs are restless and Virog does like paying attention to details and tends to over analyse things, but they also make great researchers are fab at working practices and methodologies and if there is a more efficient and quicker way to do something then Virgo's your sign. However, holding onto emotional wounds from family and past (or even lifetimes worth) is not the best focus for this lifetime. So N Node in 8th and your S Node in 2nd. This axis is also about personal beliefs and values v 'other people's beliefs and values' and the obvious of how you earn your money v other people money. So, you challenge of Pisces in 8th house of death and transformation is to slowly kill off your own outdated outworn beliefs and values and start to investigate others and how they compare with your own. You could also be transformed by inheritances, insurances, joint finances whether loving partner, employer or government. :love:

Again, for a proper evaluation you need to post your chart, pref with progressions and transits on same wheel found in extended chart selection. Reduce the ratio of orbs to 80%, select smallest image size 63% on picture, right mouse click and select 'save target pic as' and save to hard drive then upload here

Ebena,
OP has already described herself--
am someone who is not afraid of confrontations. I am very assertive.[Leo Asc] I am always thinking of my next step and what I can do to have a better life. Succes is very important to me,[3plantes 10th house naturally ruled by Cappi] sometimes maybe a little too much. I think i'm the only person in the world that doesn't like for other people to buy me things. I love the feeling of working hard for your money and then being able to buy your own stuff. [all very Capricorn stuff]
Life has never been easy for me, so I have never really understood why grand trines indicate an "easy" life. I really dont understand why they represent an easy energy! I had a horrible childhood with parents that were abusive. I have always struggeled with depression.[3planets in 6th house of health] I can go on and on.
I am a 100% aware that if you want something in life you have to work for it. I can't remember the last time something was handed to me. I have always had to take initiative in every aspect of my life.
It's actually frustrating at times, because I feel like I give and give, but I don't get anything in return. It would be nice at times to be rewarded for my efforts.

the health and depression are domains of 6th house I feel with Saturn conj Neptune mainly (within 1') this is a 'fear of the unknown' having your dreams, fantasies and ideals, poss crushed in childhood by father, men and/or authority figures. Or another way to describe this aspect is structure, hard work (saturn) with dreams, sensitivities and intuitions (neptune)
Saturn conj Uranus Freedom v convention, this is all about structure, hard work (saturn) and wanting freedom independence and the challenge here is to do something unsual in a structure way without throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Uranus has a quincunx to Jupiter in 11th of friends, hopes and wishes. This should give you 'flashes' of intuition, original inventive methods but have problems finding outlets or application. This also suggests a 'fear of being tied down' (uranus) and inclined to reject opportunities that may come your way. You may also create a very different impression from the one intended and seldom end up doing what you planned. Does this resonate?

Jupiter Quincunx (Inconjunct) Uranus
"Overly ambitious, you have an intuitive grasp of the big picture, which stems from optimum flexibility of your values. You are easily led by your impulses to quickly adjust to deep changes in your values. Without discipline you will be in trouble because your enthusiasm will carry you into uncharted waters. Expression of your energy can get you into trouble. Slowly, you learn to harness this expression into something truly creative."
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

I would still like to see your progessions and maybe even solar arcs along with transits for a better fuller picture...

Age 8 did you move house, solar arc MC onto sun or was another sibling born? Age 11 Solar arc MC onto Venus, female sibling, house move?

Having pluto in 4th house can be challenging to say the least -
Pluto in 4th House - angular
·Family ‑ deaths in family early years
· A strong desire to be the master in your own home. Deep domestic roots and desire to improve conditions.
· Also occult interests in later years. (all water houses are psychic in nature)
· Power struggles with family members.
· Pluto here suggests they have suffered from an above average amount of frustration during childhood and adolescence with strong controlling parents
·Intense about holding family together.
·Very protective of home and want control thereof.
·Love of nature ‑ dousing ‑geology

I notice T Pluto is conj natal Uranus now causing havoc poss with your health, daily routines and work

[edited for non-astrological suggestions - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

wilsontc

Staff member
maybe you make things difficult, to Styx

Styx,

You said:
Life has never been easy for me, so I have never really understood why grand trines indicate an "easy" life. I really dont understand why they represent an easy energy! I had a horrible childhood with parents that were abusive. I have always struggeled with depression. I can go on and on.

It is possible that your difficult situations early in life have taught you that things SHOULD be difficult in your life. So you don't accept help, don't take the "easy way" and deliberately look for the challenging. According to astrology, there is a LOT of easy energy here which SHOULD make it easy to do practical (Material/Earth) things. Not only is this a practical energy Grand Trine, it's also a practical FOCUSED Grand Trine (since it occurs in the Material/Earth houses). You SHOULD be able easily to be practical with money, routines, and career. And this practical approach should easily result in things working out for you in a practical way.

If this isn't happening, maybe it's because you are blocking this, either because you have been taught you don't deserve it, shouldn't get it, are wrong to want it, or some other negative reason. One thing you DO have (as people have mentioned) is Moon (home, also family) conjunct South node (the past). Holding onto family wrongs will only hold you back in life. If you haven't already, let go the past, move into the future, and claim your birth right.

Suggesting,

Tim

Styx

From my eclectic perspective, I would not interpret the NN with the Moon: the Moon is in partile conjunction with the SN (Dragon's Tail in my parlance), and all Moon/node delineations I would make would deal exclusively with the Moon relation with the Dragon's Tail; the blows suffered by your emotional field (such as you mention regarding parents, etc) I believe can be clearly laid at the Moon conjunct Dragon's Tail's doorstep: in fact such experiences are exactly what would be expected to occur, with such a connection.
(Needless to say, there are other important configurations in your natal chart pointing out positive trends and personal strengths: I am merely addressing your specific original concerns regarding the Moon and the nodes, here in this post)

This because aspects the SN makes are unfortunate?

Styx

Spot on!! This is exactly how I feel. I have never been close to my parents. I feel bad for saying this, but the love that I feel for them comes from me feeling responsible for them. I always think about moving away from my parents. I want to eventually move to another country.
And yes, I have HUGE trust (and commitment) issues. Relationships are very difficult for me. I have friends that I do trust, but outside from them I don't really trust people.

Thanks so much for your reply!!

Styx

I agree, and according to Martin Schulman's book on the nodes, a conjunction to the SN implies 'doing things over'. Past life (or childhood) experience is brought up again, like history repeating itself within a slightly different frame of focus.

The Earth trine and Moon emphasis is significant of one who uses physical perception as a frame of reference. It will look before it leaps to see if the road is clear, where there are any pitfalls along the way, in order to feel physically safe and secure. If it is interested in a job it may first be led by how much the immediate salary is rather than the possibilities within the position that could, but not necessarily do, lie in an unforseen future.
Virgo has a dire fear of physical insufficiency, yet is perfectly able to manage with enough to get by; an excellent commodity in this period of global economic instability. The Moon in Virgo still carries this need within it. It has strong needs of proof regarding its attitude towards 'values' and 'feeling valueable' (2nd house influence) and is prepared to work hard and long to achieve this (Earth emphasis to 6th and 10th). As long as it has physical security to rely on, it 'feels' o.k.

This is entirely different to a Sun in Aries that will leap before it looks!! It's the fearless pioneer and innovator of new ideas that have yet to unfold into something substantial of nature (it leaves that to Taurus!). It will go head on and full blast into something. It's not concerned with values and costs. It's not the physical perfection of the initial idea.....very Virgo...by which it is incensed, but the adrenaline flow and kick in the doing and getting there that is important to Aries. For Aries to aid the NN in Pisces to work and feel well in becoming less 'physically-minded, reliant, and orientated', the imbedded Virgo Moon's efficiency and sufficiency needs can provide Aries with the inner self security and sufficiency that it, as a sign, lacks. There's a lot of 'gut feeling' based upon evidence available for access in Virgo, which a hasty Aries may not see.

You are still very young, inclined towards the idee fixé of Earth. Yet as your life unfolds you could find yourself gradually becoming less reliant upon others to supply and fulfil your needs and turn towards more self-reliancy. The once physical needs may become 'immaterial' to you as a sense of mission engulfs your life. You may find that people eventually come to rely upon you and the strength of your abilities, which could provide the rewards 'that are not physical of nature'. The eternal thanks and gratitide of others for being who you are, that cannot be measured through payment of goods.
A good combination of both nodal energies and a Moon influence?

Thanks for your beautiful post. I enjoyed reading it. I can very much relate to everything you described.

Well, I definitely feel more like the Sun in Aries person:tongue:. I am very impulsive and impatient. I love the feeling of not knowing whats going to happen, so yes I tend to leap before I look. :tongue:
Although when I was younger, until I was about 10/11, I felt and acted more like the Moon in Virgo description you gave. I was very shy and sort of fearfull. I was bullied, so that made me go into a shell. But the older I got the less fearfull I became. My Aries Sun kicked in. I even became friends with the kids that picked on me and I becamse active in school theater.

The third paragraph you wrote is very interesting to me. Even when I was going through my 'shy stage' I was always the shoulder for people to cry on. Even to this day! Friends that need encouraging words always come to me. I'm know as the strong, fiery one that isn't going to let anyone walk all over her. I always try to make them feel empowered, like they can achieve whatever they want. I think this attitude comes from my childhood. I used to let people walk all over me, because I was so shy and insecure. So yes, during that time I did not feel strong enough to do things on my own. But over the years I sort of thought myself to be self-reliant.

Styx

I suspect a few Virgo here may have something to say on your comment above. Having moon in 2nd house naturally ruled by taurus will give you an emotional need to earn your own money to feel secure, but at the same time restless - all mutuable signs are restless and Virog does like paying attention to details and tends to over analyse things, but they also make great researchers are fab at working practices and methodologies and if there is a more efficient and quicker way to do something then Virgo's your sign. However, holding onto emotional wounds from family and past (or even lifetimes worth) is not the best focus for this lifetime. So N Node in 8th and your S Node in 2nd. This axis is also about personal beliefs and values v 'other people's beliefs and values' and the obvious of how you earn your money v other people money. So, you challenge of Pisces in 8th house of death and transformation is to slowly kill off your own outdated outworn beliefs and values and start to investigate others and how they compare with your own. You could also be transformed by inheritances, insurances, joint finances whether loving partner, employer or government. :love:

Again, for a proper evaluation you need to post your chart, pref with progressions and transits on same wheel found in extended chart selection. Reduce the ratio of orbs to 80%, select smallest image size 63% on picture, right mouse click and select 'save target pic as' and save to hard drive then upload here

Ebena,
OP has already described herself--

the health and depression are domains of 6th house I feel with Saturn conj Neptune mainly (within 1') this is a 'fear of the unknown' having your dreams, fantasies and ideals, poss crushed in childhood by father, men and/or authority figures. Or another way to describe this aspect is structure, hard work (saturn) with dreams, sensitivities and intuitions (neptune)
My father was one of the reasons for my horrible childhood. He was very controlling. I didn't feel comfortable around him.

Saturn conj Uranus Freedom v convention, this is all about structure, hard work (saturn) and wanting freedom independence and the challenge here is to do something unsual in a structure way without throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
My question is: aren't these aspects (Conjunction between Uranus, Saturn and Neptune in Cap) generational? How much does it the apply to one's life if millions of people have it?

Uranus has a quincunx to Jupiter in 11th of friends, hopes and wishes. This should give you 'flashes' of intuition, original inventive methods but have problems finding outlets or application. This also suggests a 'fear of being tied down' (uranus) and inclined to reject opportunities that may come your way. You may also create a very different impression from the one intended and seldom end up doing what you planned. Does this resonate?
Yes, it resonates! :tongue:

Jupiter Quincunx (Inconjunct) Uranus
"Overly ambitious, you have an intuitive grasp of the big picture, which stems from optimum flexibility of your values. You are easily led by your impulses to quickly adjust to deep changes in your values. Without discipline you will be in trouble because your enthusiasm will carry you into uncharted waters. Expression of your energy can get you into trouble. Slowly, you learn to harness this expression into something truly creative."
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

I would still like to see your progessions and maybe even solar arcs along with transits for a better fuller picture...

Age 8 did you move house, solar arc MC onto sun or was another sibling born? Age 11 Solar arc MC onto Venus, female sibling, house move?
:surprised: Uhuh! We moved around a lot until when I was about 8 years old. I think we lived in about 5 or 6 different homes. When I was 8 we finally settled down.

Having pluto in 4th house can be challenging to say the least -
Pluto in 4th House - angular
·Family ‑ deaths in family early years
· A strong desire to be the master in your own home. Deep domestic roots and desire to improve conditions.
· Also occult interests in later years. (all water houses are psychic in nature)
· Power struggles with family members.
· Pluto here suggests they have suffered from an above average amount of frustration during childhood and adolescence with strong controlling parents
·Intense about holding family together.
·Very protective of home and want control thereof.
·Love of nature ‑ dousing ‑geology
Pluto in my chart is very interesting to me. Scorpio is the ruler of the fifth house and Pluto is placed in the fourth house. I was molested by other kids that were older then me when I was about 5 or 6 years old.
I guess this is one of the right ways to describe Pluto in my chart?Maybe also my love for acting, since Scorpio rules my fifth house?

I notice T Pluto is conj natal Uranus now causing havoc poss with your health, daily routines and work
Yeah, I am unemployed for about a year right now. When I replyed yesterday I was feeling very upset because I was rejected for a job I applied to...once again.

[edited for non-astrological suggestions - Moderator]

Thank you for your reply! You def said things that made me go like :surprised:! LOL

My question is: aren't these aspects (Conjunction between Uranus, Saturn and Neptune in Cap) generational? How much does it the apply to one's life if millions of people have it?
You could say that about ALL your planets in your chart :happy:

Saturn is the quickest moving of these planets, to a degree they are generational BUT as there are 12sun signs and 12houses, that's 144 combinations there, same goes for every planet. Not everyone is going to have those 3 in those degrees in 'that' house making aspects to sun, mercury, moon etc -- these are quick moving planets and 'well aspected' with trines to these three -- not everyone will have them, will they?

Astrology is a science and art and to me a form of psychology *know thy self* going on an inward journey to decipher every 'aspect' of our personality, cos you have to accept we are ALL mutli faceted human beings :smile:

Houses: angular houses 1/7 4/10 the energies of planets placed here are obvious cos it's your 'shop window' visible for everyone to see. Next the succeedent houses 2/8 & 5/11 the energies in these houses are not in shop window the are in the shop, but stood behind the counter, ready to come out when needed. Lastly, cadent houses 6/12 & 3/9 these houses/planets are not in shop window or stood behind the counter, they are in the back storeroom and only come out when 'triggered' or an emergency and much harder to recognise and access...

The houses are like the backdrop of a stage, the setting if you like, the planets are like actors and the aspects are how the planets behave in that settings/stage....

“The angles of the chart are the strongest, most potent sectors. In most house systems these mark the beginnings of the first, tenth, seventh and fourth houses, in order of potency. Any planet in conjunction with an angle will have a marked influence that resonates throughout the chart and greatly colours its overall meaning. Planets located in the angles of the chart are the strongest and most significant. Because of their primary importance, the angles are often referred to as the cardinal points and they relate directly to the cardinal directions east, south, west and north.”
http://www.astrologycom.com/houses.html

“The eleventh, second, eighth and fifth houses are called succedent ("following" the angles), while the third, twelfth, ninth and sixth are termed cadent ("falling away" from the angles). The succedents are next in strength. Planets in succedent houses function at around 50% of their power, based on the strength of an angular placement, which is the most potent. The cadent houses are traditionally held to be poor and of little efficacy. According to traditional astrology, planets in cadent houses only function at 25% of their power, compared with a position in one of the angles of the chart. The succedent houses follow the angles; the cadent houses come after the succedents.”
http://www.astrologycom.com/houses.html

Now Traditional astrologer use (acknowledge) age old text and don't use or go past Saturn.

Traditional astrologers using ancient outdated information (unproven) that hardly seems relevant in a modern world
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21385

I also think you would find more answers by researching your pluto singleton--

"Most Pluto singleton people are very powerful, especially when Pluto is aspected by personal planets: Sun, Moon, Venus, Mercury and Mars. Power is certainly a big issue with Pluto, but it can manifest in many different ways. A conscious individual of integrity or another Plutonian person will almost always like the singleton Pluto person. People with guilt complexes or who are self-deceptive and self-righteous (and a lot of that is going on these days with Pluto in Sagittarius!), will hate the Plutonian. Pluto can see their dirty little secrets and the skeletons in their closets, and hears the sound of their lies, smells the stench of their hypocrisies."
http://www.astrologyclub.org/

Last edited:

kbell

Re: maybe you make things difficult, to Styx

One thing you DO have (as people have mentioned) is Moon (home, also family) conjunct South node (the past). Holding onto family wrongs will only hold you back in life. If you haven't already, let go the past, move into the future, and claim your birth right.

Suggesting,

Tim
'

Agreed. I too have a south node conjunct moon. I agree with what everyone has said about south node and moon. I used to hang onto so much, and I too come from an abusive past. It affected me for so long until one day I had to let it go.

It took a lot of conscious effort, and still does, to stop this cycle. I have to remind myself daily that I love myself, to let things go, to strive for something better. So far it's been working. It's not easy though.

Good luck OP

Claire19

North Node in 8th house Pisces. Moon conjunct South Node in 2nd house Virgo, a very practical placement, taking care of the finances and the everyday needs in the past and being the good mother providing the essentials of life and knowing the value of money etc and being frugal and economic..........but this time a more spiritual life and delving into the other realms and nurturing your psychic side. You may be more inclined to use the assets and monies of others such as corporations and syndicates. You can be involved in the healing arts which can tap into your old life where you may have grown herbs and tended the vegetable gardens etc and now you can still be involved with therapies and and the use of good nutrition. It is the spiritual life as opposed to the practical life but you can incorporate the two polar opposites which is the ideal situation with nodes. Nothing unfortunate about it. In a way it is letting go and letting God and trusting and having faith and that you dont always have to labour for what you want.

Last edited: