Life Purpose?

Hello all, I hope the new year has been well for everyone.

I am writing today because I have had a question on my mind for months now, or years, or since I was a child. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life. My true wonder is what I am here for, in this incarnation.

Life purpose is extremely important to me, and I am quite frankly wasting mine right now. I feel that I want to go to go back to school, but again, have no idea what to go for. My fear is that I won't make the right decision and end up not doing what I was supposed to do - both with school and with my life.

Also, everytime I sort-of make my mind up, I change it back again.

I am not sure if, for me, a certain career equals life purpose. I'm not sure that it doesn't. I don't know if I should be off in a third world country building homes, or if what my soul wants is a traditional home life, possibly with kids and the picket fence.

In my past (few, one?) posts, I was at a pretty distraught time in my life, and I have gotten over it in many, many ways and now consider myself very healthy. I can feel my Saturn return pulling, and, also quite frankly, its kinda terrifying. I just want to do what I'm meant to - wether its an easy or hard life.

I feel I should mention that I am in a very happy relationship with a man I have been with for almost 7 years. Its growing all the time.

I suppose thats all for now, until I have something to hopefully respond to. Thank you to the community, that I am always watching. You all show such kindness to take the time and help people for absolutely nothing in return but some words of gratitude. For this, I think you are amazing, and thank you again.

Attachments

• birthchartwithtransistsandprogressions.jpg
    birthchartwithtransistsandprogressions.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 50

RaRohini

Hello all, I hope the new year has been well for everyone.

I am writing today because I have had a question on my mind for months now, or years, or since I was a child. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life. My true wonder is what I am here for, in this incarnation.

Life purpose is extremely important to me, and I am quite frankly wasting mine right now. I feel that I want to go to go back to school, but again, have no idea what to go for. My fear is that I won't make the right decision and end up not doing what I was supposed to do - both with school and with my life.

Also, everytime I sort-of make my mind up, I change it back again.

I am not sure if, for me, a certain career equals life purpose. I'm not sure that it doesn't. I don't know if I should be off in a third world country building homes, or if what my soul wants is a traditional home life, possibly with kids and the picket fence.

In my past (few, one?) posts, I was at a pretty distraught time in my life, and I have gotten over it in many, many ways and now consider myself very healthy. I can feel my Saturn return pulling, and, also quite frankly, its kinda terrifying. I just want to do what I'm meant to - wether its an easy or hard life.

I feel I should mention that I am in a very happy relationship with a man I have been with for almost 7 years. Its growing all the time.

I suppose thats all for now, until I have something to hopefully respond to. Thank you to the community, that I am always watching. You all show such kindness to take the time and help people for absolutely nothing in return but some words of gratitude. For this, I think you are amazing, and thank you again.

Hi !

I input your birth details to get a vedic chart and i can gather the following:
As per vedic chart your north node is Pisces in the 5th house Conjunct Jupiter and Sun .This house relates to kids, creativity ,sports. Revati nakshatra is the foremost star for the performing arts. You will excel in the performing arts. So i would say you should move away from 'herd mentality' and unleash your individusal creativity. Are you good at dramatics, music or sport? Anything to do with kids will also succeed. Your purpose is to use your individual creativity for the benefit of others. Your ascendant is Scorpio (Anuradha) which means you are a friend, an alliance maker.
Does this ring true?

Last edited:

Girl_from_Jupiter

You have a strong 6th house with Venus (though technically still in the 5th but I'd count it in the 6th), Mercury and Jupiter all packed in there. Also with the cusp of the 6th in Pisces, I think you'd do well in areas requiring compassion, something where you can help others. A therapist of some sort maybe? Maybe a music therapist? Libra Ascendant and Sun in the 7th should make you great with people. With your MC in Cancer and the Moon in Leo in the 10th I also think you'd be great with kids. You'd also excel at anything to do with health, nutrition in particular. You definitely need a career that you can put your heart and soul into. :smile:

ukdesifem

if your chart we're alive imho it would scream out caring professions. lool. therapy, nursing, medicine, something helping others.

Cancer MC, Moon in 10th, Jupiter, TN, Mercury and Venus in 6th, all mean imho you're geared towards public service in some form.

wilsontc

Staff member
Others and inner world, to pisces

pisces,

You said:
My true wonder is what I am here for, in this incarnation...everytime I sort-of make my mind up, I change it back again...I don't know if I should be off in a third world country building homes, or if what my soul wants is a traditional home life, possibly with kids and the picket fence....I am in a very happy relationship...

Life purpose is indicated by the North node :)northnode:) in the chart. In your chart your North node is on your Descendant (others) so you have a goal to connect with others in your life. Also if planets are on an angle, they are VERY strong in the chart. You have one planet on your Descendant, Sun :)sun:, self-expression); and one planet on your IC (inner world), Neptune :)neptune: spirituality, also confusion). The Sun on your Descendant indicates you express yourself through others (so relationships are VERY important to you) and Neptune on your IC indicates an inner spirituality that can also be confusing. In addition, the IC is the edge of the house of home, so home life and homes in general are VERY important to you.

Two things that you NEED are:
1) Others
2) Inner world awareness

Once you find things in your life that fulfill those two needs, your sense of being "incomplete" will start to fade.

About the nodes and other things,

Tim

miho88

I sent you chart to an astrologer I met here. They see a tendency for you being interested in holistic healing of others or psychology, or maybe both. They see you should develop your interests in nutrition or alternative medicine.
Kind regards! :smile:

waybread

Vocation in life as a career is indicated by your MC and 10th house. Your soul direction and growth in life are indicated by your north node. The moon gives your emotional nature: what you "need" in life to feel happy. The sun gives your sense of self.

So we can put these all together in your chart, but the kicker is that with Neptune square sun and opposite MC, it can be hard to develop a concrete, persistent sense of self, such that you can identify a career that would fit you hand-in-glove, because the "you" that this career would have to fit is a moving target.

Neptune is a planet of "now you see it, now you don't." Enchantment and disenchantment. Beautiful illusions and sad disillusionment. Great ideals, and having the wind knocked out of your sails. So it misses the grounded reality in between. (One reason why Neptune in a hard aspect to personal planets is common in the charts of substance abusers-- though I am not saying you are one.)

Also, you don't have much of the earth element in your chart, which deals with material and practical matters. You have lots of fire and water, which can make you more driven by how you feel at the moment.

If at your age you haven't focused on a career, is it possibly because you get fascinated by an option, only to lose interest or get disenchanted with it later?

So maybe you have to pick a career that offers you a lot of diversity, vs. a desk job that would quickly bore you. You have to be able to reinvent and recreate this career ongoingly, even on those days when yesterday's dream job has lost its luster.

Then you have to consider how to put money in the bank through your work. You might be good at some fields, but how well do they pay? Most creative people like artists and actors need a day job. Perhaps you could investigate the average earnings of alternative health care practitioners.

With your moon in Leo in the 10th house of career and your MC ruled by the moon, I think you'd be good at elementary school teaching. Other chart factors like your sun in the 7th suggest you'd be attracted to one-on-one ventures like counseling and tutoring. You may need to return to school (university) to ramp up your skills. Although higher education doesn't seem to be your thing (Chiron in the 9th,) keep in mind that it is only temporary.

Ironically given your own indecision about your vocation, you could also put together a lot of your talents by being a high school guidance counselor (kids + 7th house emphasis.) In the health field (6th house) where you have an emphasis, something like occupational therapy or physical therapy.

You have a big emphasis on the cusp of your 7th house of permanent relationships such as long-term partnerships and marriage. Not all purposes in life are employment related. Being a spouse or partner might just be what your soul wanted to focus on in this incarnation.

Last edited: