Love at first sight

potion

To be honest, I still find it hard to tell between lust at first sight and love at first sight.

There was one person recently who I fell for almost instantly in a big way though.

Looking at the synastry there were some moderate sun / moon and venus / mars contacts plus a number of nice trines between our moons, suns and mercury. I have often looked at the synastry to try and figure out what exactly had me so spell bound but I can't say that I ever really figured it out...

Vista

Sometimes hard aspect can make one spellbound. For me my last relationship, I was and still am very much in love with him. We don't have the typically great synastry with Sun to Moon contacts, but we do have approximately 25 conjunctions between us of asteroids, angles and North Node. I believe this was a HUGE factor in our amazing connection. What's more, he has a natal Grand Cross, and my Venus fit right into this pattern, which was significant for him as his ex wife and daughter both have personal planets that fit into this pattern as well. We have this incredible physical chemistry between us, my Mars conjunct his Jupiter and Pluto, his Mars square my Venus and conjunct my Jupiter/Chiron, His Venus sextile my Pluto and my Venus square his Pluto, my Venus trine his Uranus. We had great communication too and could talk about anything, his Moon and Mercury trine my Mercury. It didn't work out unfortunately.

I have also learned the best synastry in the world doesn't always keep two people together. Timing is everything it seems.

Last edited:

virgo18

Then
In synastry (As Vista said) The luminaries are so important. If Moon or Sun has lots of harmonious contacts with personals, or trine or conjunct your Pluto. I say pluto, when you experience love at first sight that lasts, in the case of Uranus love at first sight may happen but it will be more infatuation and you'll lose interest fast.
Neptune has an important role here too.

If one of the person's Sun, or Moon aspects the other's: (don't count sextiles)

- Uranus (what I didn't imagine) - unpredictability
- Pluto (what I always desired) - passion
- Neptune (what I always dreamed) - illusion
- Jupiter (what I was searching) - Infatuation

When one of the Person's Venus aspects: trines conjunctions.
- Sun (like cupid arrow)
- Mars (pure love)
- Uranus (I can't pinned him/her down)
- Pluto (powerful passion)
- Jupiter (BIG love)

I have my doubts that this subject relates 100% to synastry.

At first
You'll fall for people who have or appear to have the same characteristics that your 7th house describe, because that's what you're looking for in someone. At least this have been my case when I experience love at first sight for someone.

Another one... When your Venus or his Venus (trine or conjunct) his Sun or your Sun. Mean true love at first sight. When they are squared or opposed, the same attraction will happen but that charm will start decreasing over time.

Finally. The composite, despite it describe both as "partners" it also describe the kind of Aura that surrounds both when you're near. So composite aspects have to be considered at some point too.

Last edited:

Blackempress

This is brilliant!

Just noticed a common Sun-Moon-Mars-Venus Thing! Gonna keep a watch on this.

Thank you for the lovely insightful shares!

Zonark

Check Chiron contacts, many astrologers regard them to be indicators of soulmate resonances and fairytale-esque feelings of love at first sight. Check Saturn contacts for indicators of heartbreak, especially those occurring between Saturn and Venus. Sun and Moon contacts can make best friends and friendship is a strong part of the foundation of any lasting relationship, but doesn't necessarily equal love at first sight.

Dunbar

To be honest, I still find it hard to tell between lust at first sight and love at first sight.

There was one person recently who I fell for almost instantly in a big way though.

Looking at the synastry there were some moderate sun / moon and venus / mars contacts plus a number of nice trines between our moons, suns and mercury. I have often looked at the synastry to try and figure out what exactly had me so spell bound but I can't say that I ever really figured it out...

It becomes easier to distinguish between lust and love at first sight once you experience a non-lust/non-sexual love at first sight connection. I read in a magazine article once that a woman fell in love at first sight with her husband's children (whose mother was not in the picture). It was a parental love at first sight situation and the way she described it was beautiful. Wish I still had the article somewhere.

But lust at first sight, hmm.... Venus, Mars, Uranus or Ascendant aspects?

Love at first sight ... Pluto? I also think Jupiter is underrated when it comes to love at first sight connections. Jupiter is bigger than life, it expands!

Try asteroid Valentine (#447). Fromwhat Ive read about this asteroid it represents true love. Not lust.

Dunbar

Sometimes hard aspect can make one spellbound. For me my last relationship, I was and still am very much in love with him. We don't have the typically great synastry with Sun to Moon contacts, but we do have approximately 25 conjunctions between us of asteroids, angles and North Node. I believe this was a HUGE factor in our amazing connection. What's more, he has a natal Grand Cross, and my Venus fit right into this pattern, which was significant for him as his ex wife and daughter both have personal planets that fit into this pattern as well. We have this incredible physical chemistry between us, my Mars conjunct his Jupiter and Pluto, his Mars square my Venus and conjunct my Jupiter/Chiron, His Venus sextile my Pluto and my Venus square his Pluto, my Venus trine his Uranus. We had great communication too and could talk about anything, his Moon and Mercury trine my Mercury. It didn't work out unfortunately.

I have also learned the best synastry in the world doesn't always keep two people together. Timing is everything it seems.

I have a theory that when two people don't share the classic synastry stuff but have some really significant asteroids in common and making some big connections that it's not going to be easiest thing, coming together. Compared to the planets very little is known about asteroids in comparison. It's mostly myth and a small group of astrologers who dedicate study to it. It involves a lot of creative thinking to get behind the true meaning and work it into one's own experience. I'm very interested in asteroids but remain sceptical. I do keep an open mind about it though.

Does your connection with this fellow have an out of this world or otherworldly flavor to it? Do you find it simple or challenging to grasp the connection you share with him?