8th house

Rivvana

Hi,
I've posted my chart here before, but little did I know I was born during daylights savings time. So I've subtracted one hour (correct me if this is not what you're meant to do), and I was filled with a sense of dread as I watched my venus and mars swoosh over into my 8th house to accompany my neptune and uranus.

I've read a little bit about the 8th house, but the 'thinking about death and rebirth/occult' stuff really doesn't apply to me. If anything I sometimes imagine the people around me dying, and how I would handle that, or myself dying, and how the people around me would cope. The interpretations from my previous chart didn't apply to my life that much, and I think I will be able to find more sense in this one.

~Things I am curious about~
My gem moon with oppositions in 1st
8th house
Pluto opposition ascendant
Signs of depression
No fixed energy?
Career

Thank you to anyone who leaves an interpretation, or information on the 8th house :D

Attachments

• my chart.gif
    my chart.gif
    47.9 KB · Views: 26

retinoid

-Your moon is in gemini which means that you may have changeable interests and emotions. May get bored easily. It is in the 29th degree which makes the moon weak which further multiplies the non fixed emotional approach to life.
-It is opposite Jupiter and squared Mars, both are very strong. This will create a contradiction with your moon and your pursuit for romantic/personal relationships. So your emotional nature will impede or be at war with these good aspects of passion, research, intensity...
-The 8th house is traditionally the worst house. It is the house of intimacy, the occult and obstacles. Mars there is usually bad as it will increase the negatives perhaps create more obstacles and you won't be able to deal with them but since your mars is good, then it will be helpful to you as you will have the drive to get through obstacles in life and perhaps be a good researcher. Venus in Capricorn there causes you to be cautious about intimacy. May cause you to wait a while. Overall your sexual passion, intimacy, involvement in the occult will be 'methodical' and realistic but you still have a strong drive in these areas.
-Career could involve contracts, perhaps abroad even. Like an ambassador or something. Along these lines.
-Best thing for you to do is strengthen the moon. Wear moon stone (or pearl or silver if you can afford it). Imagine silver light around you and meditate. Stare at the moon when it begins to wax and imagine its energy build up in you. Chant vedic mantras to the moon (can be found online). These things will help...also having a goal and sticking to it will help.

Rivvana

-Your moon is in gemini which means that you may have changeable interests and emotions. May get bored easily. It is in the 29th degree which makes the moon weak which further multiplies the non fixed emotional approach to life.
-It is opposite Jupiter and squared Mars, both are very strong. This will create a contradiction with your moon and your pursuit for romantic/personal relationships. So your emotional nature will impede or be at war with these good aspects of passion, research, intensity...
-The 8th house is traditionally the worst house. It is the house of intimacy, the occult and obstacles. Mars there is usually bad as it will increase the negatives perhaps create more obstacles and you won't be able to deal with them but since your mars is good, then it will be helpful to you as you will have the drive to get through obstacles in life and perhaps be a good researcher. Venus in Capricorn there causes you to be cautious about intimacy. May cause you to wait a while. Overall your sexual passion, intimacy, involvement in the occult will be 'methodical' and realistic but you still have a strong drive in these areas.
-Career could involve contracts, perhaps abroad even. Like an ambassador or something. Along these lines.
-Best thing for you to do is strengthen the moon. Wear moon stone (or pearl or silver if you can afford it). Imagine silver light around you and meditate. Stare at the moon when it begins to wax and imagine its energy build up in you. Chant vedic mantras to the moon (can be found online). These things will help...also having a goal and sticking to it will help.

Thank you retinoid for your reply!
I definitely have trouble with my emotions, especially lately, and I seem to let them control my life. I'll do what you recommend and hopefully it will help :) I've been in a pretty terrible depressive cycle that I'm hoping to come out of.

I actually think I have some silver jewellery laying around somewhere, I'll have to go dig it up :D

The house of death! :( I read somewhere that the 8th house can represent inheritance and legacies, not my own but that of associates, business partners and spouse/s. Hopefully my venus there, in cappy, sends some of that my way :D

Also, I find in public I am shyer then my gem asc/moon and sag sun would suggest. In fact I'm super self-conscious! I've always blamed this on my capricorn planets or perhaps my pluto in 6th house giving me negative thoughts about myself.
The point is people still tend to 'notice' me, even though I'm not particularly 'outgoing' and take myself a lot more seriously than other people my age. (at the end of high school)
Mostly boys, from geeks to jocks, seem not necessarily attracted to me, but just curious or intrigued. I often wonder why this is, and if I'm just imagining it!

Having the Sun in my 7th house, with my pluto conjunct dsc and opposing my asc . . . does this somehow effect how other people perceive me?

Cheers,

Last edited:

Dabscape

8th house is also the house of shared finances and inheritance, not necessarily a bad spot for venus as venus eases energies of whatever house it is in so the 8th house energies are more..smooth. good chance of you inheriting money with this Venus position. on the other hand, Mars in your 8th house as well indicates stuggle with inheritance or a partners finances. watch for Uranus sudden, unexpected, upsets or gain.

Rivvana

You have a yod it appears. With the apex being your moon and the other two planets being pluto and uranus. I have VERY limited knowledge on reading birthcharts so maybe someone else can explain the significance of this for you?

some links to look at: http://www.lunarliving.org/astrology/yod_boomerang.shtml
http://www.astrotherapy.eu/Yod.htm

sorry I couldn't help more!

Hello!

Yes I've done a little bit of research on this and apparently my moon is the apex, and all the energy of my other planets is kind of 'channelled' through the moon. With my moon in my first house this effect would be intensified.

Oh thank you for the links! That was an interesting read.
Apparently the two sextile planets in my yod, Pluto and Uranus, are working together to throw off my apex planet, my moon . . .

tsmall

Premium Member
Hi,
I've posted my chart here before, but little did I know I was born during daylights savings time. So I've subtracted one hour (correct me if this is not what you're meant to do), and I was filled with a sense of dread as I watched my venus and mars swoosh over into my 8th house to accompany my neptune and uranus.

I've read a little bit about the 8th house, but the 'thinking about death and rebirth/occult' stuff really doesn't apply to me. If anything I sometimes imagine the people around me dying, and how I would handle that, or myself dying, and how the people around me would cope. The interpretations from my previous chart didn't apply to my life that much, and I think I will be able to find more sense in this one.

~Things I am curious about~
My gem moon with oppositions in 1st
8th house
Pluto opposition ascendant
Signs of depression
No fixed energy?
Career

Thank you to anyone who leaves an interpretation, or information on the 8th house :D

I'm pretty sure that when you make charts at astro they already take into consideration daylight savings time, and there is no need to adjust your birth time.

persephone5

I'm pretty sure that when you make charts at astro they already take into consideration daylight savings time, and there is no need to adjust your birth time.

I think that is correct also. There is a little box about daylight savings time but I think it is to just disable it. I think it takes it into account automatically.