Astrological Part of Cancer, Malignancy?

piercethevale

Greetings, I know that sometime over the past 7 or 8 years I've made mention of this Part that has only been labeled as the Part of Cancer or the Part of Malignancy from what I can gather from the numerous lists I checked to see if there is any other alternative title for the formula Asc. + Neptune - Jupiter., there isn't, or at least I haven't found any other than what I proposed some years ago.

Much like the formula Asc. + Neptune - Venus was labeled as both the Part of False Love and as a Part of Corruptness, both of which are terribly wrong estimations of what that formula amounts to as I realized it to be a Part of Ideal Love, to which my friend, and renowned, and trusted, clairvoyant, Clarisse Conner concurred with when I ask Her to "see" what she could tell me about it, this Part of Cancer, or Malignancy is also a terrible estimation.

The Asc. as the personal point, awareness plus awareness of what? Neptune the envisioner, the image maker, the higher octave of Venus, some say amounts to what when triggered by Jupiter, the planet of benevolence and growth [and not malevolence and growth.] and expansion and increase?
Expanded Vision, a Grand View...possibly, how about a greater view which amounts to a clearer understanding?

That's why I chose the word Perspicuity and was born the proposed truer title for this Part, the Part of Perspicuity, or Perspicacity works too.

As I have said so often and even titled my book after it, the natal chart I have produced and am totally convinced is that of Yeshu'a ben David, aka Jesus of Nazareth, is a template for understanding how astrology truly works, what techniques are genuine, which ones aren't, it also provided the revelation that the Astrological Parts can be quite literal in their Symbolism in relation as to what the title of the Part in Question is. For example his Part of Fortune is in the 19th degree of Pisces and the Sabian Symbol for that degree is [from Dane Rudhyar's "An Astrological Mandala"] "A MASTER INSTRUCTS HIS DISCIPLE", The Sabian Symbol found for the degree as like that for the Part of Catastrophe derived from Yeshu'a's/Jesus' chart is in the 28th degree of Virgo and as you will see it isn't in the symbolism so much as it is in Dane's acute interpretation[ Dane did have a great gift of perspicacity himself][bid.]

"VIRGO 28°: A BALDHEADED MAN WHO HAS SEIZED POWER.

KEYNOTE:
The sheer power of personality in times that call for decision.

Whether at the religious or at the socio-political and cultural level there comes a time when obsolescent patterns of order and cultural refinement have to be radically and relentlessly challenged. Catabolic personages emerge to seize power and dictate decisions that alter the structures of society; or within an individual life, an intense urge for cathartic changes mobilizes the will, and traumatic decisions are made. At such times, the issue has to be met and, ruthless as the power may appear, it must be accepted.

At this third stage of the thirty-sixth sequence we face the un-postponable necessity for decision and transformation. Existence is motion. No static formation, however beautiful and inspiring, can remain long unchallenged. Everything bows to
THE POWER OF THE WILL — divine, executively human, or Satanic.

I call your attention to the first sentence of the interpretative text, r.e.
"Whether at the religious or at the socio-political and cultural level there comes a time when obsolescent patterns of order and cultural refinement have to be radically and relentlessly challenged."

That certainly is the cause of them most catastrophic event in His life, I don't even imagine anyone would argue that fact. Thus it was Dane's interpretation of the symbolism that provided the relevance of the Sabian to His Part of Catastrophe.

The Astrological Part of Cancer which I claim should be about ones expanded vision, wider swath of seeing, or Perspicuity is derived from the natal chart to be at 11* Virgo 57' 06" [by the chart originally cast for 5:23, which astrodienst has monkeyed with so many times now to cast a chart there presently would be an act of futility, and I have come to a conclusion after years of deliberation and testing, that the birth time actually was about 12 to 6 seconds in time earlier, that is from somewhere between 5:22:48 p.m. and 5:22:54 p.m. which goes to show how the Sabians truly are the ultimate tool for rectification]
So what is the Sabian Symbol for this Part of Perspicuity as I labeled it and is it easily seen, that is is it literally seen in the symbolism or through Dane's interpretation?
I'm glad you asked...

See for yourself and then let's discuss it. The Sabian Symbol for the 12th degree of Virgo is [ibid]

"VIRGO 12°: AFTER THE WEDDING, THE GROOM SNATCHES THE VEIL AWAY FROM HIS BRIDE.

KEYNOTE:
The penetrating and unveiling power of the trained mind.

In contrast to the preceding symbol we have now a scene stressing a physical action with psychological and/or spiritual overtones. In ancient cosmologies the male god often appears in three roles as son, husband and father of the woman element of nature. Nature is fulfilled by the human mind and will that overcome her; she resists only better to be subdued by the power that transcends her, and by transcending her gives her a spiritual meaning. The element of 'training' in the symbolic scene comes from the fact that there has been a marriage ritual; thus the sociocultural factor is in the background. The teacher-guru is here the priest who has performed the ritual.

At this second stage the rules are reversed, the masculine element assuming the dynamic positive part in the great play of polarity. The masculine act balances the feminine dream visualization. The Keyword is
UNVEILING. There can also be an unveiling of mysteries, long protected by secrecy.

Now here is the definition of the word I chose as the title from "Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary" 1958 edition.

perspicacious, adjective. [L. perspicax, -acis, fr. perspicere to look through]
1. Now Rare. Clear-sighted
2. Of acute mental vision or discernment

perspicacity, noun. Quality or state of being perspicacious; acuteness of sight or discernment.

perspicuity, noun. Quality of being clear to the understanding; lucidity in expression or development of ideas.

To be honest, I don't see any need to discuss it, if there is anyone that thinks otherwise, please let's hear from you and what your objection might be?
...and might you have a better solution as to a title or do you object, altogether, to the new interpretation that I've derived for this Parts formula?

The only thing that I think needs t be discussed is whether it should be titled Perspicuity or Perspicacity?

Last edited:

piercethevale

To be honest, I think I erred the first time around and that it should more correctly be titled the Part of Perspicacity.

I'm going to change it to that title in my thread of the list of all Parts. But it's not like it's written in stone, if anyone does have some objection...resonable objection or a rational one... ya know?

JUPITERASC

To be honest, I think I erred the first time around and that it should more correctly be titled the Part of Perspicacity.

I'm going to change it to that title in my thread of the list of all Parts. But it's not like it's written in stone, if anyone does have some objection...resonable objection or a rational one... ya know?
No objection - neither rational, irrational nor perspicacious :smile:

piercethevale

I should add, and I've been thinking about beginning a thread on the subject, that the other given titles may not be entirely wrong.
I do think they are definitely wrong for natal astrology. Although as for horary and predictive astrology, both fields that I have little experience with, especially horary, they may have legitimate application.

Natal astrology is a relatively new field, or at least in known recorded history, as I believe astrology was a well developed and far more understood "science [and legitimately a science, if not the 'Mother of all science'] in times of great antiquity.

The "Arabic Parts" have, seemingly, all been compiled, or produced, during the last millennia, with the possibility some may date further back, but they were used with horary and predictive astrology and many I have found have no application to natal astrology but I talking about the titles they have been given, not the formulae themselves. Those formulae are quite legitimate and I mean pretty much everyone of those I've presently listed in my thread, "Astrological Parts, Known and Unknown...a project", that has since become a "sticky" here in this sub-forum for Astrological Parts.

They are legitimate as for those that use the same three factors in their formulae of a "Personal Point" added to the position of a "Significator" minus the position of the "Trigger" when the Asc. or the M.C. is used for the Personal Point' and any physical object of legitimate astrological influence, planetary or luminary, is used in the positions of the Significator and the Trigger, as those have been repeatedly proven beyond question. That possibly includes any that use the Desc. and I.C. as well. And I'm referring to natal astrology here.

Those that use another House Cusp as the Personal Point so far have seemingly been only applicable to horary and predictive astrology with a few exceptions , but not consistently, at least not yet as to the relatively little time I've given to their study and how often does one have any basis to look for an application to such subjects of torture, or decapitation, relative to an individual, for two examples? At least half of them obviously have been given titles that are for use in horary and predictive astrology, such as weddings and bereavement, for two examples of those.

Those that are using certain Astrological Parts as either the Significator or the Trigger in a combination with a planet or luminary, in particular the Parts known as the Part of Fortune or the Part of Soul/Spirit in either position, are quite legitimate. Most significantly those of seven in particular known as "The Hermetic Lots", indicating they have been handed down through time spanning over two thousand years and in all likelihood were introduced to mankind by the very person they are attributed to, Hermes. If there was such a person as Hermes, or not, makes little difference as for how appropriate I have found the Sabian Symbols for those Lots that I've derived from natal charts are to the individuals in question.

Those of us that do believe such a person existed [and I am of those that believe Hermes was most likely also that person that was also known as Melchizedek to various other lands] will probably even say, as to the majority of us, ''if Hermes approved of them then they're both genuine and of profound influence''. In my estimation, based on my experience in studying them, they certainly are in the use for natal astrology

Those Astrological Points that use a planet as the personal point I've yet to be convinced of, with the exceptions of the Part of Bankruptcy and the Part of Separation from Occupation, as the former does seem legit as to the natal chart for the USA and the latter was possibly of significance when Hilary Clinton left the Senate to take president Obama's offer of becoming Secretary of State.

Those Parts that include one of the "trans-Saturnian" planets are of particular interest to me at present, because they are so relatively new to Astrological science and what titles I have found listed for them seem to have been given them by astrologers that practice horary and predictive astrology, not natal.
The Part that is the subject of this thread being a very good example of this.

As the list I've compiled has gotten a noticable amount of "views" I have come to a conclusion that I should add a posting, somewhere on the list and, or, a separate thread that hopefully may get the status of a "sticky" to advise all to be cautious about applying those Parts in question to natal astrology as they don't seem to be properly identified by their title for such use, if they even have such use at all to begin with?
Only with time and a lot more study will we know for sure, one way or the other.

Until then, be discerning, use your own judgement as to what may not be applicable to natal astrology. .. and if you read the entire thread herein, then you know that I even made a mistake in giving this Part in question its first alternate title as it is not an influence enabling one to be clearly understood but rather to see clearly, and fully, what is at hand... and even what might be "veiled".

I also recently came to the conclusion, or the realization, that the title I gave to the formula, Asc. + Mars - Pluto, i.e. the Part of War, is fine for the natal chart of a nation [and may even have horary and predictive use, but for natal chart use it should be titled, more appropriately, the Part of Rage...and have been more recently, as from my continuous study with that natal chart I contend is the legitimate natal chart of Yeshu'a/Jesus of Nazareth, as both that Part and the Part of Ideal Love are conjunct that charts natal Mars, that it may even be said, when dealing with a natal chart of someone so spiritually advanced, that it isn't about rage, or war, but is a Part the is somewhat oriented towards Transformative Action.

There's a lot to learn yet and the more that astrology comes out of the closet it has seemingly been stuck in for centuries, and the more some of the greater minds born among us take to the study of astrology, rather that go to work for the "military industrial complex", or anything else just as inane, the sooner we'll have the answers and the better off all of humankind will be for it.

Thanks for hearing me out... and all the preceding is In My Humble Opinion, of course.:smile:
ptv

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Shakespeare and the Astrological Parts

HAMLET ACT 2 SCENE 2 - A room in the castle :smile:

HAMLET

My excellent good friends! How dost thou,
Guildenstern? Ah, Rosencrantz! Good lads, how do ye both?

ROSENCRANTZ

As the indifferent children of the earth.

GUILDENSTERN

Happy, in that we are not over-happy;
On fortune's cap we are not the very button.

HAMLET

Nor the soles of her shoe?

ROSENCRANTZ

Neither, my lord.

HAMLET

Then you live about her waist, or in the middle of
her favours?

GUILDENSTERN

'Faith, her privates we.

HAMLET

In the secret parts of fortune? O, most true; she
is a strumpet. What's the news?

ROSENCRANTZ

None, my lord, but that the world's grown honest.

HAMLET

Then is doomsday near: but your news is not true.
Let me question more in particular:
what have you,
my good friends, deserved at the hands of fortune,
that she sends you to prison hither?

GUILDENSTERN

Prison, my lord!

HAMLET

Denmark's a prison.

ROSENCRANTZ

Then is the world one.

HAMLET

A goodly one; in which there are many confines,
wards and dungeons, Denmark being one o' the worst.

ROSENCRANTZ

We think not so, my lord.

HAMLET

Why, then, 'tis none to you; for there is nothing
either good or bad, but thinking makes it so: to me
it is a prison.

CapAquaPis

Using my ASC (17' 33" Cancer)+Neptune (22' 17" Sagittarius)-Venus (7' 3" Aries), my part of Cancer is 2' 47" Aries conjunct Venus and my MC at 3' 10". The sabian symbol of 2-3'? Aries as my part of Cancer: *A CAMEO SHOWS THE PROFILE OF A PERSON THAT SUGGESTS THE OUTLINE OF THEIR COUNTRY*. (courtesy of sabiansymbols dot com when I typed in 2' Aries, but I may be off).

CapAquaPis

And the alternative part of Cancer: my ASC again+Neptune-this time Jupiter (6' Virgo)=3' 50" Scorpio in the 4th or 5th depending on the chart house systems I use. *A YOUTH HOLDING A LIGHTED CANDLE IN A DEVOTIONAL RITUAL GAINS A SENSE OF THE GREAT 'OTHER WORLD'* It is 5' away from the 8' 50" Scorpio of childbirth, fertility, pregnancy, procreation and progeny, and relatively close to my sign Aquarius ruler Uranus squaring natal sun/moon conjunction in 8th.

piercethevale

Using my ASC (17' 33" Cancer)+Neptune (22' 17" Sagittarius)-Venus (7' 3" Aries), my part of Cancer is 2' 47" Aries conjunct Venus and my MC at 3' 10". The sabian symbol of 2-3'? Aries as my part of Cancer: *A CAMEO SHOWS THE PROFILE OF A PERSON THAT SUGGESTS THE OUTLINE OF THEIR COUNTRY*. (courtesy of sabiansymbols dot com when I typed in 2' Aries, but I may be off).

That is the same degree of the Zodiac, and hence the same Sabian Symbol, for the Part of Hidden Identity, aka Part of Oration, that president Trump has.
It was the most convincing piece of natal astrology I had found in Trump's chart that led me to predict, in January of 2016, that Trump would not only get the Republican nomination but also to win that office that November. That's when the "political pundits" were giving Trump only a 2% chance of even getting the Party nomination.
That's the Sabian Symbol then for your Part of Ideal Love

piercethevale

Greetings.
I thought that I could add a bit more weight to my argument here that the formula for the Part I have named for natal use, i.e. The Part of Perspicuity, is indeed that.
My own Part is derived to be at 09° Aries 37', i.e. the 10th degree of Aries. That is also the Sign and degree where the North Node of the Moon was when I gave an hour long presentation, on my producing what I am convinced is the true natal chart of Yeshu'a/Jesus of Nazareth, on a nationally broadcast radio program on December 22, 2005, on the Rick Barber program on a.m. radio KOA ot of Denver, Colorado at the late Mr. Barber's invitation. He chose the date and time and that was in early October.
I was rather stunned to see what the Sabian Symbol for the Node was when I gave that interview. As the North Node is always most applicable to those that are, in Dane Rudhyar's words, 'World Servers", I take the coincidence to indicate that it was my "hour" of service to mankind.

The Sabian Symbol for the 10th degree of Aries is as follows [ibid.]

"ARIES 10°: A TEACHER GIVES NEW SYMBOLIC FORMS TO TRADITIONAL IMAGES.
KEYNOTE: Revision of attitude at the beginning of a new cycle of experience.
This phase is the fifth of the second five-fold sequence, and in it we find expressed the capacity to restate the problem inherent in the first phase, i.e. the problem of focusing one's energies upon emotional drives and cultural values which exclude far more than they include. The subsequent stages of development taken together have added considerably to this attitude; as a result, there arises in the consciousness a desire to reformulate at a new level much that had been taken for granted because it indeed originally had been an evolutionary necessity. The very concrete emotion-arousing images of the past can now be reinterpreted as "symbols" with a wider scope of meaning."
At this fifth stage a new dimension of consciousness is discovered, revealing higher possibilities of experience and mental development. This is a phase of
ABSTRACTION and of emotional allegiance."

As I spoke a great deal about the Sabian Symbols during the program, basically giving an introductory primer on what they are, their history, etc.to the public, the above Sabian Symbol makes perfect sense to me as to why I gave that interview when the North Node was conjunct that degree. As it also happens to be the Sabian Symbol for my Part of Perspicuity I was giving a presentation of that which I am most suited for seeing clearly, most perceptively.

I thought that I should also mention is that from a natal composite chart of my own and that of the one I claim is Yeshu'a/Jesus of Nazareth, the Part of Intelligence & Skill [Asc. + Merc. - Mars] derived from that chart is at 11° Virgo 58", i.e. the 12th degree of Virgo which also happens to be the location of Yeshu'a's Part of Perspicuity. [see post #1 above].. I can interpret this as to mean that the most skillful use of what intelligence there is between myself and the Nazarene is the use of His own exceptional spiritual insight and perception. Though I don't recognize the Nazarene as "The Lord", or as my "satguru", what I do know of Him and about Him is enough to convince me that he is certainly qualified to be just that for those that chose Him as such. He spiritual insight was profound and not in any way dis harmonic with the Sanatan Dharm [Hinduism]. Zoroastrianism, Manichaeism, and many other religions. I was born and raised as, and still consider myself to be, a Quaker but I am also of the Sanatan Dharm. Yeah, we Quakers can "get away" with that... we are learned to "listen to the inner voice" and recognize it as Gods' voice telling us what to do.... but I also practice the old form of Quakerism, "Waiting Worship", as it was in the beginning. AS my family has been "Free Quaker since 1778 we have been shunned from attending meetings and have never been subjected to the changes brought into the faith over the last, nearly, 250 years...although I am the last in this particular branch of my mothers lineage to practice the faith. All the others have since joined other Christian faiths, or are agnostic, possibly some atheists, there are even a couple of Mormons.
So, what I'm saying is that as far as shared Intelligence and Skill between us, it's his knowledge that is what is of issue and usefulness, and at best I can only attest to that being of the highest order of spiritual truth based on my own studies and experiences....and after all, penetrating the veil and piercing the vale are of a quite similar meaning.
I should also mention that the 12th degree of Virgo is what is derived to be the Part of Eros by reverse formula [Asc. + Part of Soul - Venus] from my own natal chart, and thus that Sabian Symbol describes those that would seek me to be among their companions on the spiritual path.

The natal composite Part of Perspicuity is derived to be at 25° Gemini 47' 49", i.e. the 26th degree of Gemini, and the Sabian Symbol for the 26th degree of Gemini then reveals what kind, or type, of perspicuity I am bestowed with when in association with Yeshu'a? [ibid]

"GEMINI 26°: FROST-COVERED TREES AGAINST WINTER SKIES.

KEYNOTE: The revelation of archetypal form and essential rhythm of existence.

At this third level of 'exteriorization' a contact with archetypes and pure forms of individual selfhood is to be sought - also with the characteristic images (Spengler's Ur-symbols) of the culture. Externals are left behind. This is a step beyond 'pruning'; it is rather a process of removal of all superficialities of existence. Cyclically, nature helps us to reach this state of bare reality. It is not that we experience the Buddhist's void (sunya), but rather that we reach the essence of our individual being, the form of pure selfhood which is the structuring power underneath all external features - all that belong to the 'leaf' realm.

This is the first stage of the five-fold process, now in its eighteenth phase. In a sense we can speak of it as a stage of ascetic repudiation, but it is also one of
ESSENTIALIZATION."

Look above to the "keynote" of Rudhyar's, "The revelation of archetypal form and essential rhythm of existence." The type of perspicuity I get when in association with Yeshu'a [which is primarily via natal astrology and what knowledge of his life and work that I do believe, and depend on, as being genuine... a great deal of which comes from the readings given by the renowned 20th century clairvoyant, Edgar Cayce] is that of "seeing" the true archetypal form and the Sabian Symbols are a complete mandala, that is a complete display, of the rhythm of existence.

I hope this further helps to convince many what this particular Astrological Part is truly about, concerning natal astrology, and brings additional interest regarding that natal chart I produced, and contend is, the true natal chart of the "Nazarene".
This is how this stuff truly works... it's easier to be perceived by those that are already on a "higher path". As the adage goes; "It takes one to know one".

Namaste, Devananda Das, aka piercethevale

Last edited: