How does he feel now after reading the message?

ElenaJ

Do I have this correct, you are re-examining an old chart to see why it didn't seem to work out?
What is this about a 31 July chart? That would be a year ago, are you sure about that date?
So just taking into account the chart you posted, what method are you referring to that would not consider the moon VOC? It certainly looks Void to me. And in fact, nothing came of the matter, did it?
About the Facebook account being deleted, yes, that seems like an extreme gesture, could it be that it was just deleted and has nothing to do with your message? Was it an open message on his page, or a private message?
Where is South Node? Please remember to enter it on your charts, it can give a lot of information.
South node is in his 3rd house of communications, messages. Not a positive sign.
His 3rd is ruled by Jupiter, which is deeply involved in that web of red lines on the chart. Mars, you, squaring Jupiter, Jupiter about to square Uranus, all happening between the ascendent and his 3rd as well as the 12th of your self undoing.
Furthermore, Mars, you, is just separating from the square with mercury who rules your 3rd house. It wasn't a good move on your part.
Apparently the message didn't go over very well with him.
However, there is that lovely earth trine about to take place between Venus, him, and mars, you, and there is mutual reception between the two.
So while the message wasn't well received, it does look like there was still some feeling between you.
This of course is all hindsight, a horary doesn't look so very far into the future, and this chart was done at the end of the year. Add this to the VOC moon, which is also in its fall, while mars, a main significator, is weak by sign, it just looks as though there are good feeling under the surface, but no action being taken about it.

katydid

Do I have this correct, you are re-examining an old chart to see why it didn't seem to work out?
What is this about a 31 July chart? That would be a year ago, are you sure about that date?
So just taking into account the chart you posted, what method are you referring to that would not consider the moon VOC? It certainly looks Void to me. And in fact, nothing came of the matter, did it?
About the Facebook account being deleted, yes, that seems like an extreme gesture, could it be that it was just deleted and has nothing to do with your message? Was it an open message on his page, or a private message?
Where is South Node? Please remember to enter it on your charts, it can give a lot of information.
South node is in his 3rd house of communications, messages. Not a positive sign.
His 3rd is ruled by Jupiter, which is deeply involved in that web of red lines on the chart. Mars, you, squaring Jupiter, Jupiter about to square Uranus, all happening between the ascendent and his 3rd as well as the 12th of your self undoing.
Furthermore, Mars, you, is just separating from the square with mercury who rules your 3rd house. It wasn't a good move on your part.
Apparently the message didn't go over very well with him.
However, there is that lovely earth trine about to take place between Venus, him, and mars, you, and there is mutual reception between the two.
So while the message wasn't well received, it does look like there was still some feeling between you.
This of course is all hindsight, a horary doesn't look so very far into the future, and this chart was done at the end of the year. Add this to the VOC moon, which is also in its fall, while mars, a main significator, is weak by sign, it just looks as though there are good feeling under the surface, but no action being taken about it.
Thank You for mentioning the VOC Moon. That threw me when it was said it was NOT VOC by traditional standards. And I was trying to google what traditional standards that might be, that considered this 29 degree Moon not void of course.

ElenaJ

"'Hi, Merry Christmas - be nice to catch up'"

Just a minute. Red light just went on.
This is not "a Christmas greeting", it is an invitation to be in contact.
Subtle difference but a difference.

So basically if I am following you, you don't read the chart so much as receive the interpretation from the software!
The moon in your chart does not make any aspect before leaving the sign. So it makes no contact, takes no action, and is VOC. And the fact is, nothing happened, did it.
Yes, once it changes signs it quickly contacts Jupiter, but that is another situation, another energy, a future development that would take place after the moon changes its energy. This could give strength to the Venus/mars trine in the chart which lies under the carpet waiting to manifest itself.

ElenaJ

Absolutely no offence meant in my comments, please accept my apologies if it seemed like I was belittling you. Not meant at all.
It's just that the concept that the software says it is or isn't seems very odd to me.

"No, that's splitting hairs! Even if you just say 'Merry Christmas' the majority of people would expect it repeated back to them, especially if you know the person. I don't think that is a peculiar notion. The point WAS to make contact!".

Sorry, here I hold my ground.
"Hope you have a very happy holiday", in one wording or another, is sending best wishes, no strings attached.

"be nice to catch up" is a distinct invitation to make contact, meet up, a low key softly worded request.
My instinct is that this is the part that scared your friend off.

With the chart in the pending file, how long would you give it before the conclusion is that nothing more is happening?

ElenaJ

Lots to mull over here, looking forward to it, but for the moment just sticking to the question...

"That version would pretty much get ignored where I am" -

My point is, the wording is secondary here, it could be just Happy Birthday, but it is simply expressing best wishes to someone. While yes, one could hope for some type of reaction, even if its with a Facebook smile, we don't always get it, do we.

"be nice to catch up"
This is getting into different territory. This is an out and out invitation to contact.

"on a photo they put out to the public"
Can we go back to this comment... what do you mean by putting a message on a photo he put out? Can you explain it a little?

Returning to the chart, now the light went on for me and I understand the two July dates are when you were expecting something to materialise from the January chart.
So early August we will have a confirmation on this, whether it worked or not.

"I also knew he'd have that knee jerk reaction so whilst it is a strange reaction to me and not something I would do, it is something he would do so was normal for him! "

Please be patient with me, I'm digging because something here is not lining up properly.
You knew he would distance, which is why you wrote it that way.
Doesn't sound like someone truly wanting to make contact in an open, positive way. It sounds like camouflage. This is where we are in 12th house territory.

Note my comment about the SN in his 3rd, the question is about his reaction to the message.
Yes, NN is in your 3rd, which should be protective, but its ruler mercury, significantly from the house of friendship, just squared mars.
Mars is ascendent significator, but although strong in the first house, it just moved into taurus, weakening its expression, so there is a hint here of maybe not outright anger but irritation. You and your thoughts, or expression of them, are not flowing together, but in some type of conflict.
Where does mars go from there? It squares Jupiter, ruler of the 12th of undercurrents and subconscious, as well as 9th of intellect.

So, we have someone who extends a hand in friendship expecting (because it is that what we can expect of him) a rejection, but even if there is rejection, whatever, who cares, it doesn't matter!
Sorry, you would seem to care more than you want to let on, and were/are looking forward to hearing from him, disappointed at not but hiding your feelings.

Moon, in addition to other things, shows us what you had on your mind when you asked the question. It is in your 8th house. Hmmm.