Nirth chart question: Moon in Virgo

VirgoMoon

Hi there! I’ve been interpreting my birth chart. I had a lot of help from the book by Chani Nicholas. Because there is so much information on the internet, I didn’t know where to start. However, there is still a lot I don’t get. I think the biggest question I have is about the moon in my chart. I hope someone can help me with this. If more info is needed please let me know.

Sun in Aquarius 8th house
Moon in Virgo 3th house
Rising sign Cancer

I can interpret (still learning though) what these keys mean. Except I do not understand the connection between my moon and ascendant ruler. Also, in my Moon, Midheaven is in opposition, while it is in trine in my ascendant ruler. Is there a connection between these two? Or not at all? At this point, I think I don’t understand the overall picture lol.

Last edited:

VirgoMoon

Hi Harmelia, Thank you for your reply, much appreciated! I uploaded the chart but I think it didn't work :) I'll try it again.

Harmelia

Hi Harmelia, Thank you for your reply, much appreciated! I uploaded the chart but I think it didn't work :) I'll try it again.

Yes, I see the chart you originally uploaded. But when I hit the reply button and I'm replying, I can't see the whole thing because it's too big. So I can't read it and comment at the same time.

Harmelia

Hereby the charts for the sun, moon, and ascendant.

I'm sorry, Virgo Moon. These charts are "different". If I'm going to comment, I need a chart I can work with. You can message me your birth data if you like so to keep it private. Otherwise, I'll just let others make comments.

Harmelia

No problem, I get it. I used the one on this website (placidus). This one is very different from the one I made though. Moon is now in Leo, not that strange since my moon is at 0 degrees between Leo and Virgo. If this one doesn't work, I'll send you my info. Thank you for your help!

Yes, please PM me your info. I'd like to see the degrees - this type of chart isn't the best. Thank you.

ElenaJ

Agree that these charts are illegible.
However, one comment we can make for certain about moon in virgo.... only a virgo would make a list of aspects the way you did.
Orderly, precise, detailed, clean cut. That's what a virgo moon likes.

VirgoMoon

Lol, I expected a comment like this :biggrin: I just sent my info to Harmelia. The charts I used were from the website of Chani Nicholas. Very helpful for a beginner, but now I understand it's not universal ;)

JUPITERASC

Agree that these charts are illegible.
However, one comment we can make for certain about moon in virgo.... only a virgo would make a list of aspects the way you did.
Orderly, precise, detailed, clean cut. That's what a virgo moon likes.
That's generalisation, which is fun, but unreliable
"...orderly, precise, detailed, clean cut..." is NOT NECESSARILY moon Virgo

the condition of VIRGO Moon varies
dependent on house location of ruler MERCURY :smile:

JUPITERASC

Lol, I expected a comment like this :biggrin:

I just sent my info to Harmelia. The charts I used were from the website of Chani Nicholas. Very helpful for a beginner,

but now I understand it's not universal ;)
Hi there! I’ve been interpreting my birth chart. I had a lot of help from the book by Chani Nicholas. Because there is so much information on the internet, I didn’t know where to start. However, there is still a lot I don’t get. I think the biggest question I have is about the moon in my chart. I hope someone can help me with this. If more info is needed please let me know.

For my chart, I used the whole sign

Female
Born under the full moon

Sun in Aquarius 8th house:
- Sextile Mars, Uranus
- Trines Chiron
- Square Saturn, Pluto, North & South node
- Conjunction Mercury

Moon in Virgo 3th house
- Sextile Saturn, Pluto, Ascendant, South node
- Trines Jupiter, Neptune, North node, DC
- Square Uranus, Chiron
- Opposition Midheaven
- Conjunction IC

Rising sign Cancer

Ascendant ruler Moon in Virgo third house
- Sextile Moon, North node, IC
- Trine Saturn, Pluto, Midheaven, South node
- Square Mars, Venus
- opposition Jupiter, Neptune

I can interpret (still learning though) what these keys mean. Except I do not understand the connection between my moon and ascendant ruler. Also, in my Moon, Midheaven is in opposition, while it is in trine in my ascendant ruler. Is there a connection between these two? Or not at all? At this point, I think I don’t understand the overall picture lol.

Best wishes, Hannah
these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

MOBILE
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload
3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'
4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)
3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way :smile:

ElenaJ

Any way you put it, a sloppy virgo is a frustrated virgo.
The list of aspects that opened this thread were spot on virgo at its finest!

Hey I'm Virgo moon too. I see you are Aquarian Sun. Moon Virgo and Cancer rising.
lemme say Im cancer sun moon virgo Uranus dominated close?... I was always kinda different, intelligent, loved books, love greens, nature etc. left-liberal leaning, involved in science, philosophy, occult you know.
What would anyone else expect from Cancer-Virgo-Aquarius combo? I wanna tell it's the combo of Uniques and weirdos :tongue:

aquarius sun with virgo moon i think is overall MERCURY dominated person( means Mercury is the strongest planet-chart ruler in you(probably) .
Moon normally rules emotion, sensivity, subconscious, it's sense of security and sense of belongingness planet but when it on Signs like Gemini, Virgo or Aquarius. Emotions are kinda logical, rationalized for the person and to anyone else with this combo because under emphasis of logical signs like gemini virgo aquarius only make Moon is become more rationalized or maybe helps to give intuitive minds. Think of proper Moon energy as a newborn is all about cries cannot speak from his feels doesnt know any language. now combine it mercury a brain planet or expression planet or language planet. it'd become easier to express his emotions needs and talk about them undersand them.
Moon also rules Woman affairs basically anything feminine. mercury-moon domination or aquarius-moon(cancer) could be indicative of this also.

its like moon is now doesnt cry or less cry or cry all the sake of critizing hard, talk hard and complain anything, work hard you know (mercurial activities).. yep Virgo moon complains :tongue: and spiritually addicted to work legends say. Actually im on the lazy side i escape from work a lot. Moon is also escaping mood swings, ups and downs you know.. i know why i like to get in work and escaping from work too i enjoy both cause My Moon conjuncts with **** Jupiter.

Think of your cancer rising is just other part of your persona besides with Aqua Sun and Virgo moon.
You may feel them 3 as equally strong or somewhat mix of them. Because even these 3 signs have common qualities.

Last edited:

Harmelia

Virgo Moon.
I normally use the Placidus House system, but Whole Sign is probably better for people born as far north as the Netherlands. So, I will use Whole Sign as you have. Either way, your Virgo Moon is in the 3rd house - which is Gemini-Mercury territory.

Because you have a Cancer rising, the Moon is your chart ruler - it dominates your chart. The comment that you are Mercury-dominant, is well-taken, in that your Moon in Virgo is ruled by Mercury and is in Mercury's house. However, the Moon is still the ruler of your chart.

The Moon is many things. Many astrologers argue that the Moon is the most important "planet" in our charts. The Moon is our consciousness, our mind, our feelings and emotions, our moods - what makes us happy.

Virgo is very analytical, precise, a perfectionist, detail-oriented and loves research. They make good doctors and scientists. Virgo rules health and healing and wants always to be of service. Virgo seeks to understand things deeply. At its best, Virgo understands deeply through analyzing.

At its worst, Virgo is fearful, anxious, possibly guilt-ridden, self-doubting, self-critical, and critical of others. It can be picky, have impossible high standards of self and others, and is prone to feeling like a failure because they are never good enough. It can be pretty tricky to get out of feelings of self-doubt with Virgo. Yet, feeling not good enough always drives them to work harder and be better. Virgo people have to know when to stop and recognize how much they've learned or accomplished and give themselves kudos.

Virgo is a highly mental sign and is even more so in the 3rd house. And then it is even more so, with Mercury in Aquarius in the 8th house. You might be very intuitive, but you can also be obsessive. The 8th house is Scorpio's house and Virgo + Scorpio = obsessiveness. Aquarius is very restless, mental energy. In the entire zodiac, Mercury/Gemini and Uranus/Aquarius are the two most restless mental signs - the mind is quick, smart, intuitive and electric. Virgo and Sagittarius are also very mental signs, but not quite like Gemini and Aquarius. Gemini and Aquarius are air signs and air is very quick. Sagittarius is fire and Virgo is earth. Of these two, Virgo is slower and more deliberate.

Your Virgo Moon does indeed mean that you will treat your emotions or handle your emotions with your mind. You will feel your feelings, but then you will think about them, analyze them, and handle them mentally. That's not good or bad. Your style of nurturing will probably be more like helping people understand in a Virgo kind of way. Look at the details. Analyze the data. Be objective about it. Is it logical to feel this way in this situation? Cancer will otherwise, be far more feeling and emotional - will just feel what they feel. You have do both - be very sensitive, but then handle your feelings mentally.

With Pluto, South Node and Saturn in Scorpio and Mars in Aries - Sun and Mercury in 8th house in Aquarius - the whole picture here, I'm guessing you are prone to being a little obsessive in your thinking. Your purpose is to sort out - who you think you are. An Aquarius Sun and Mercury is going to want to stand out, be unique, and develop its own style - to know self as a distinguished individual. You will want to investigate all that you are. You will want to be very independent and might work best independently.

Yet, you have a lot of planets over on the right side of the chart and a Libra IC - attention to OTHER is very much part of who you are. The job is separating yourself out from OTHER - knowing yourself as an individual in relationship. Your Virgo Moon is what is going to help you do that, as it is discerning and can look at that little problem in detail. Then you will feel happy and at peace.

Last edited:

VirgoMoon

[FONT=&quot]Harmelia, thank you so much for your time and effort to read my chart. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I feel that your last paragraphs are very important to me. Overall, your reading makes a lot of sense. Again, thanks a lot! [/FONT]

Last edited:

VirgoMoon

Hey I'm Virgo moon too. I see you are Aquarian Sun. Moon Virgo and Cancer rising.
lemme say Im cancer sun moon virgo Uranus dominated close?... I was always kinda different, intelligent, loved books, love greens, nature etc. left-liberal leaning, involved in science, philosophy, occult you know.
What would anyone else expect from Cancer-Virgo-Aquarius combo? I wanna tell it's the combo of Uniques and weirdos :tongue:

aquarius sun with virgo moon i think is overall MERCURY dominated person( means Mercury is the strongest planet-chart ruler in you(probably) .
Moon normally rules emotion, sensivity, subconscious, it's sense of security and sense of belongingness planet but when it on Signs like Gemini, Virgo or Aquarius. Emotions are kinda logical, rationalized for the person and to anyone else with this combo because under emphasis of logical signs like gemini virgo aquarius only make Moon is become more rationalized or maybe helps to give intuitive minds. Think of proper Moon energy as a newborn is all about cries cannot speak from his feels doesnt know any language. now combine it mercury a brain planet or expression planet or language planet. it'd become easier to express his emotions needs and talk about them undersand them.
Moon also rules Woman affairs basically anything feminine. mercury-moon domination or aquarius-moon(cancer) could be indicative of this also.

its like moon is now doesnt cry or less cry or cry all the sake of critizing hard, talk hard and complain anything, work hard you know (mercurial activities).. yep Virgo moon complains :tongue: and spiritually addicted to work legends say. Actually im on the lazy side i escape from work a lot. Moon is also escaping mood swings, ups and downs you know.. i know why i like to get in work and escaping from work too i enjoy both cause My Moon conjuncts with **** Jupiter.

Think of your cancer rising is just other part of your persona besides with Aqua Sun and Virgo moon.
You may feel them 3 as equally strong or somewhat mix of them. Because even these 3 signs have common qualities.

Thanks for your reply! Lol, good to now I'm not the only one ;) Ps: I never complain :cool: lol

Last edited:

Harmelia

[FONT=&quot]Harmelia, thank you so much for your time and effort to read my chart. Indeed, it makes a lot of sense. I’m a scientist with a phd in psychiatry and neuroscience. However, I always worked with patients alongside my work and I love to teach. You perfectly described how I handle my emotions mentally, but I’m very sensitive, always have been.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I also recognize the perfectionism and I tend to feel guilty and anxious. I’m not critical towards others only towards myself. That was very hard during my phd, I had to deal with this. So I did…. by analyzing myself of course ;) and now it pops up every now and then, but it’s much better. Lol, the obsessive thinking… it can be convenient, I learn fast, but it is often exhausting. This was especially the case a few years ago when I had a hard time with my perfectionism, when I was afraid everyone would see that I was not up for the job. So to every perfectionist out there, start a phd, exposure therapy XXL.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I find it hard to be a scientist and feel so strongly about nature, religion etc. The latter is getting much stronger and that's confusing. I feel that your last paragraphs are very important to me. Overall, your reading makes a lot of sense. Again, thanks a lot! [/FONT]

You are so welcome!