Please help. I have 24 hours to decide to adopt a cat.

I have a 24 hold on a great kitten (male orange tabby) from the animal shelter. I've held it and it's very relaxed and seems to have a wonderful temperament after spending about 20 minutes holding it. I am bouncing back and forth between wanting one but not sure if now is a good time or not so I thought maybe I'd ask here to see if anyone can help me dissect the chart to provide a better direction if it will be a good decision to adopt him. I have to say I feel there is a connection.

From what I gleam, I am Mercury Rx in the 3rd house and the Lord of the 10th. This makes sense since I filled out paperwork yesterday evening near closing for a possible "adoption in progress". I found a concerning article about adopting pets with it expressing: "The general advice about not making a major purchase during a Mercury retrograde applies to pets. This is not an optimal time to adopt, buy or take in a pet. If you do, something about the pet will probably not be what you think. There's a high risk of a critical piece of information being left out, forgotten, withheld or misunderstood."

http://consciousanimal.blogspot.com/2009/01/mercury-retrograde-and-pets.html

Moon in 12th House but in triplicity and Lord of the 11th . I believe this is showing my struggle and my current state of mind in my decision making process as I'm waffling back and forth on the issue of really wanting him, but not sure if way down the line if I wanted to do extended travels for a month or longer that I won't be able to find someone to care for it properly. North Node is in Cancer and in 11th.

Saturn is the kitten in rulership well placed in 4th house and Lord of the 5th. Venus sextile Saturn. Venus is 2nd in rulership and Lord of 2nd and 8th (kitten's end of the matter), I believe expressing the kitten would come home with me.

The Moon is opposing Mars. I'm unsure of what to say about this. Again, maybe showing my emotional struggle back for the adoption, I think. I'm emotionally torn between my state of mind and the action I want to take to adopt. Or perhaps, does this describe the kitten itself (Mars placed in 6th house) and describing its temperament? :andy:

I just hope we get along together and it seems to be that way from the looks of Venus. I want to make the right decision...

Attachments

• Kitten.jpg
    Kitten.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

ElenaJ

I would give it a pass. The kitten is 3rd house, mars. Moon separates from the opposition but approaches a square to Neptune.

IleneK

Premium Member
I would give it pass if you have any reservations. You need to know it's the right time in your life to bring another precious life into it. It seems you do not clearly know that now. You will know when it is; you won't need to consult horary.

Elena: Thank you. I'm still learning about chart analysis. Pets rule 6th house. Saturn is there. Does this mean Saturn no longer rules the pet, because Mars is placed in the 6th in the chart so now Mars becomes the significator for it? If this is the case, it would make sense since the cat is male and a ginger cat so it matches what Mars can symbolize.

Also, I've been reading around about the planets. Some utilize modern outer planets, while others don't at all. Is it the preference of the practitioner to see them as influencers or just some are sticklers for traditional horary?

LLeneK: I think a lot of my feelings stem from worries on changing things up and my routine. The reservations are normal for any pet owner who is trying to look at things from a position of being responsible and making an educated decision. I'm looking to horary as part of checking that extra box of doing my research so to speak. As mentioned, my worries are valid concerns for any responsible pet owner when I travel as I would like to intend to likely 5 years on a more longer term basis (a month or more at a time) and of course I'm worried about taking it home and it possibly being destructive (I don't see it from his personality at all so far), but you never know. I've heard horror stories about animals being completely the opposite once you take them home and/or their personalities at all didn't match at all when at the shelter. I actually do this every time I think about adopting a pet to my tribe, since they are a long term commitment and they require a lot of attention and care. It seems to me a horary chart does a pretty good job of putting out the course of what could happen, maybe the pet's personality, how it could possibly interact with me, and doesn't have emotion and worries. These are the reasons why I look to the horary chart analysis for this specific matter as these indications can be brought to the forefront.

As far as the right time, well maybe it is. So, I've been thinking about getting a cat for a long time and it's been in and out of my thoughts for about 2 months. I've actually had it implanted in my mind, when the time should come I would adopt an elderly one. Of course, that didn't happen.

So just this week I stumbled upon learning an interesting fact orange cats and found out that most are male. I have never seen them at the shelter as I sometimes randomly pop in for the past 3 years just to look and see if I connect with any animal there. However, yesterday, just as I always do on a whim decided to look. Went in and there were older cats but I had not gravitated to any, but to my surprise there were 2 orange kittens (one male and female). Both are siblings. The female didn't seem to want to be held or touched as it looked like it was going to bat at my hand so I retracted, but the male just sat in my hand and in my arms. It liked being close and petted cradled against me. The whole time it never tried to escape or leave. I read this kittens character description and it said it was relaxed and very loving with others. I had a moment of being a little silly at the shelter by talking to it and said, "Want to come home with me?" and it meowed. This was the only time it meowed for the 20 minutes I was there with it. Call me crazy or maybe I'm trying to look way too much into this, but I believe the sign of the shelter having them (a male and the more rare female), me reading on it just this week, and it meowing a supposed response are signs maybe I'm meant to connect with this one.

So from a chart analysis viewpoint do you happen to see the adoption happening and there is a good connection with this kitten? My intuition said yes, I even already bought the playpen scratch post combo tree thing and gathering supplies like litter box, litter, etc., but the worries as mentioned earlier are making me take pause so I need someone to look at the chart closely if possible to see if this is a good decision to move forward with the adoption.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Sorry for the confusion. In this chart Saturn is the ruler of the 6th of pets, in her own sign and well aspected. You are mercury, retrograde, and due to change your mind when you go direct next week. The cat, Saturn, is in mercury's terms, so the decision is yours. The Moon is closing in on the opposition to Neptune, which accounts for your indecision and confusion as to what to do. Consider that Venus is the natural ruler of cats, and she is strong by house and sign (lovely and affectionate kitty), but approaching a square to the nodes and opposition to Uranus, which is also co-ruler of the Aquarius 6th. I would still go cautiously, because of your comment about possibly travelling (the Uranus/Venus opposition near the 3rd/9th cusps of travelling. Is it possible the shelter will hold the cat for you until next week, when mercury goes direct? Or, would they take the cat in if you unexpectedly go travelling (Uranus holds lots of surprises)?
Dealing with such vulnerable little beings is a responsibility, but I can read the strings pulling at your heart. I have a dog that I received from a young woman who had bought her after she split up with her boyfriend and was needing emotional comfort. Unfortunately she was always out of the house at work, no balcony, no yard, as the puppy grew poor little thing was alone all day inside the apartment. She hadn't considered all this, only her suffering, but she had to give her up, and her emotions had a second shaking up! Her pup, Rose, is now one year old and very happy with our other two, so there was a happy ending at least for her. Let us know what you decide, and how it goes.

Thank you Elena.

Thank you also for pointing out your experience of the dog that you received and is part of your family now because the prior owner did not think things through enough. This is why I posed this question to the forum (one other member decided to give their harsh judgment call without any astrological interpretation (which is what I was requesting for in the first place) and deemed I was making "excuses". I have to say I will be reporting this member to the moderator after I finish my response to you, but I tend to think about the life expectancy of the animal and how it may or may not align with any lifestyle changes I see in my future with it. I feel they are not excuses but being proactive and being responsible in pet ownership.

The shelter here won't hold it longer that 48 hours so I eked an additional day out of them. I paid a visit again today to play with it some more and it's the same sweet and loving kitten I picked up yesterday. The chart doesn't appear to show any bad aspects between the kitten and from your description of him it is right on the money. :) Do you happen so see the possible interaction/dynamic I'll have with the him? I don't see any aspects between Mercury (me) and Saturn (kitten). Is there another way to determine this some other way/method? What does Venus sq. the Nodes mean?

I am coming more to realization that I will adopt him as I type out this response. I have given more thought about that in the event I were to be away for an extended period of time for any travels, I will employ entrusted pet sitters who will take him in while I'm gone to ensure it's cared and loved still while gone. I have thought of this earlier, but have a hard time allowing someone I can trust to care for them. I will definitely have to undergo a rigorous vetting process before I hire a sitter in case I'm away for any given extended period of time.

ElenaJ

If you can back yourself up by having someone you know to care for him while you might be away, you'll be more relaxed about the decision. Of course, if you go for an extended period of time, it might be difficult.
About the Venus square nodes, these are sensitive points to be taken into consideration, here is a simple description by Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson: "the Nodes are fateful degrees, in the sense that fate or destiny intervenes so that the querent has no say or control over what happens."
Squaring venus, ruler of cats, is a sign for you to think carefully about it. In your case, it could be that you've lost your heart over him, or he has already chosen you?

ElenaJ: I hope this ends well but I had a dramatic turn of events. I'm guessing Mercury Rx has something to do with this and the weakened state of Mercury as well (in the chart), but the kitten is currently adopted by someone else.

A worker at the shelter mismanaged the adoption and took it off hold (maybe representing Mars in 6th, opposing Moon and Moon opposing Neptune). I called earlier this morning for the purpose knowing my hold is expiring to get an extension just till the afternoon because I had an urgent matter that needed to be resolved. He did tell me everything was fine, but again he did not look at the paperwork so the hold was removed by someone there and it was adopted within 3 hours after my hold expired by someone else. I was shocked and have been a bit heartbroken since I have been gathering supplies and making a space for the new addition. I spoke with the Manager there and the only thing that could be done is to reach out to the lady who adopted it this morning and explain the circumstances.

Now that my fate lies in her hands...She is Jupiter and rules my end of the matter, strongly placed with it being in rulership, triplicity, and term. She is powerful. Looking at the kitten's end of the matter from her side is represented by Mars in Pisces (kitten is Sun). Pisces ruled by Jupiter (her).

Perhaps, this lady who got the adoption on a worker error is indeed fate and this all happens as the way it should because she him more than me at this time. I think it's one way for me to look at this so I won't be so disappointed. And maybe the nodes are triggered as what Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson here applies..."the querent has not say or control over what happens" as well as the Venus sq. Uranus aspect coming into play. Very interesting what the chart speaks.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Terribly sorry for you, you had your heart set on him. Reading the chart no one could hypothesis something like these events, but Neptune that imposes confusion and Uranus that throws everything unexpectedly up in the air are both represented by what happened. Just keep in mind, there is still the possibility you will be going away, so who knows, when you return might be a better time. Good luck. In the meantime, what do you say to a goldfish??

rafaella

You are in no state of taking care of a kitten, Mer in detriment and rx. Saturn, the cat, dignified, the kitten is alright and will be taken care of. Leave the kitten with the lady. Moon is void too.

Almohsin

Hi Everyon
Mars in House VI !
I bought a cat and Mars was in the sixth house
He was a strong and energetic male but died because of his speeding
He gets out of the house and is hit by a car.
He died four months later.
He was 18 months old when he died , 1+8=9 Number of Mars .
I do not think having Mars in the sixth house is good because it generates too many pressures and maybe the loss of the cat too.
But I wish good luck to you and to the cat

Almohsin

what type of aspects did mars have, harsh or easy? I suspect some harsh ones. So sad when you loose a pet.

welcome

Yes it is very sad. I still hear his voice echoing in my brain, I still remember him very much .

The aspects was good with the sun and Jupiter .

But Mars Square Uranus , Mars Conjunct Pluto , Mercury Square Mars .

Thank you

ElenaJ

Unfortunately those mars/uranus/pluto/mercury aspects explain it all, including the sudden car accident. Pity. Sorry.