Economic depression? Yes, no, when ?

Bunraku

77kbAJ2.jpg

There is grave speculation pertaining to future events...

Zarathu

Account Closed
Horary doesn't function well with this kind of question. It brings in the multiple birthdate conundrum, which is a super super no-no in astrology. Only one birth day with a death day interspaced between them.

Horary requires a personal question that only you can ask. If its a question that is one the mind of many, then many can ask it and which of the many question dates would then be the true birthday of the question.

And then there is the question of it being a yes-no question. Since there is no clear definition of when and what would be an true economic depression, there is no way to show exactly if it took place.

Finally thought it is possible for horary to go beyond certain ranges, most practitioners see a 3-9 month time cycle for the question.

So this is not a good choice for what you are asking. Astrology would do better with economic astrology explained by people such as Henry Weingarten. Google Amazon and Henry Weingarten for his books. I have one and its pretty good.

kimbermoon

The culminating Grand Cross is forecasting something big happening on a global scale, and aside from the outbreak of war, many believe it could spell economic disaster as well. Consider that in the Great Depression of the 30's this was in truth was also a strong trigger for WWII, in the effort to restart the economy...these rumbling rumors of war could well be for the purposes of staving off another great depression. The military industrial complex has many different reasons for war. When the economy plummets, war is also about creating jobs. In fact there is a strong connection between War and economic cycles.
We are now at the opening square of when the Pluto-Uranus cycle began back in the mid 60's which was a highly volatile time for riots, protests and upheavals in rebellion against racial discrimination and the oppression of the black civil rights in the U.S. The conjunction at that time fell in the sign of Virgo: [the economy and civil actions]. The Uprising was exacerbated when the Vietnam War was announced in the early 70's, by the way. With the involvement of Jupiter in the mix this time, there are also undertones of social and ideological change, which is part of the bigger plan of 'evolution of the consciousness', as per the Mayan themes that were recorded. Now with Pluto in Capricorn it is more about the dismantling and disintegration of the Governments of the world, and we see how much that is part of the theme already unfolding; we can't be sure how far that will really go, but I am expecting major changes in those areas as part of the awakening of consciousness.
Few realize that Pluto/Uranus is also about weather changes and environmental destruction, which have their later impact on the economy. We see this already underway as well, with such a destructive force in this past year due to weather crises. In the U.S and elsewhere extremes of weather are becoming part of the daily news; mega ice-storms and hurricanes in the east; increased tornadoes in the dry belt; and we must remember that there is in fact a significant drought happening in the heartland of America again. There are many more ramifications of this Universal set-up, which is part of ongoing historical cycles of change, than just war. However now Mars is apt to be the trigger for that, although it will be retrograde for a few months now. The normal cycles of Mars occurs every two years, so alone it is not so impactful, but now as part of the Grand Cross it is apt to be the trigger for what has been building for some time. Mars in Libra, is about the war faction.
I believe there is more and more evidence to suggest that we are in for a very critical phase of mega change and that yes War is to be a big part of it. What happens in the world causes a “mind-transforming influence” at the level of individuals as well, and social reform is also part of the gig. As to the when? with Uranus, much is unpredictable; many feel that we are at the brink of many changes and that it will happen between now and 2016; this year has been said to be a critical turning point. I think that what will happen will be more than just war though, and is far beyond what we can even imagine at this point. History tells us so. I recommend the viewing of a documentary called the Dust Bowl, as well as the movie The Grapes of Wrath to get a true sense of what could be now happening again.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
You have to realize that mundane astrology is not as simple as picking out a chart pattern and running with it.

Mundane astrology hits different places in the world at different times. Each configuration does not mean automatically that the same circumstance that happened in the past will happen again.

The configuration may be good for one country, and difficult for another one. it may be bad for one person and good for another one. It may be difficult for one corporation and ok for another one.

And each configuration, while it may appear to be the same may not have the same strength or impact that it did at another time.

Just as we say individually, you have to look at each chart. Some periods of Mercury RX are almost impossible. Other times the are not.

People who have studies mundane astrology extensively understand that without a very thorough bounding in geo-political and economic awareness, you won't be able to understand what might be coming down or not coming down.

Most people who get cried away with these things have some kind of conspiracy agenda, rarely have any training or knowledge of economics, and often know nothing about geo-political realities. They just look for big things on a chart and act as if that's all they need to know. Many of them believe what they read in the internet without checking using serious sources by people who have a life time studying economic issues, political issues, geo-political issues, etc.

Grand Crosses, Grand Trines, T-squares in ingress patterns have happened since the solar system reached its final configurations. End of the world scenarios didn't happen each time. Looking back at just one previous configuration means nothing at all. And you also have to see it in more than one configuration in the chart you are looking at. A transit chart is not all there is, nor should it be.

Hope this helps.

kimbermoon

Astro-cycles; Vivian Martin...years ago this work convinced me about the importance of historical astro-cycles. Additional work on the internet tend to corroborate that themes do play out under certain similar planetary influences. Of course the details will be different, but it is about the general themes that matters.'There is a time and a season for everything that occurs' and that is what history is all about. Astrology has been widely used by kings, politicians and leaders, which was it's first inception, when only the rich and privileged could avail themselves of it in ancient times. Ronald Reagan used it. Life actually moves in spirals towards a higher evolution as indicated in 'The Round Art' by A.T.Mann, and this is shown by the heavenly patterns.
Admittedly I do not pay much attention to mundane astrology=aside from referring just to 'terrestrial' mundane also means routine, workaday, unremarkable and ordinary. I look for more than just the mundane in astrology, viewing it from a more holistic viewpoint, and perhaps that is the difference? Certainly there is room for both mundane and humanistic interpretations in the chart. It is what it is...individuals will decide for themselves what to trust in and what to disregard. Just saying...

Zarathu

Account Closed
Ultimately, and I agree with Kimbermoon here, it all comes down to your own circumstances.

I'm not quite elderly, but I've reached a point where most of the people I know have some kind of illness, some of which are potentially life threatening. A month doesn't go by when I hear of someone else I know either getting seriously ill or just dying.

So for me, as with most people my age, we begin to get surrounded by illness and death. A grand cross has less impact on you when you are looking death or serious illness in the face in regards to your own mortality as a part of your everyday experience, than for young people who do not have to experience this, and who don't experience this as an everyday occurrence.

Young people look at the potential for pain and death quite differently than those of us who have already nearly completed our allotted time, and who have to experience chronic pain continuously all day every day.

Zarathu

Account Closed
While we are launching into a grand cross, its also a cardinal grand Cross.

While it has impetuosity and recklessness as its trademark, what is often not noticed is that unlike a fixed grand cross, a cardinal one has no staying power. One is good at starting things but they tend to fizzle after they get started.

You need to use this kind of information along with whatever you have, and NOT operate on a set of circumstance where you are looking for things. If you are looking for certain kinds of issues, you will find them, and you will tend to ignore things that show information which does not match your expectations.