Should we buy the condo for daughter?

tsmall

Premium Member
Thanks to everyone! Last night, my husband called her and told her, we'd help in whatever way we could. She already put in a contract for "As Is", with a contingency on selling her house first. She did this yesterday sometime.

We'll see from there how it goes for her.

I'll let you all know....when I know.

p.s. I don't blame her having worked since age 14 and now age 47 for wanting a long break from that rat race. She takes after her father (Scorpio Rising?) in that both of them like "minimalist living".

I don't. :lol: I'm always looking for more room., but they are definitely that way. She found out this summer, in between jobs, that she loves traveling overseas. Especially in Greece. She wants to do this again.

We hope and wish the best for her and will be here, to back her up.

You posted just as I was finishing my write up lol. Good for you!

leomoon

Some real professional readings I have been given, and thank you all very much.
I'm far less worried today, then originally and will advise as we find out in the near future.

Deb.

waybread

Brilliant, tsmall.

Leomoon, if you and your husband have the wherewithal to buy a condo outright, you probably have more financial smarts than I do.

Just something else to consider are any tax implications-- probably on your daughter's side if she essentially accepts an expensive gift from you. On the other hand if her income drops a bunch from her (very) early retirement, it may not matter so much.

Taxes are an 8th house matter. The 8th from the 5th is the radix 12th house.

leomoon

Brilliant, tsmall.

Leomoon, if you and your husband have the wherewithal to buy a condo outright, you probably have more financial smarts than I do.

Just something else to consider are any tax implications-- probably on your daughter's side if she essentially accepts an expensive gift from you. On the other hand if her income drops a bunch from her (very) early retirement, it may not matter so much.

Taxes are an 8th house matter. The 8th from the 5th is the radix 12th house.

We were both Realtors many decades ago, and then went into real -estate renovations in the east, so what he planned on doing was to put it into both her and his name, then "quit-claim" the deed to her after her's sells. I think that is still on the back burner if she needs us for it.

Right about the income, its about nil compared to what she was making, (over 100M) but she is a Taurus Moon and socked some of it away and didn't let him talk her into divesting her pension or IRA money, thank God!!

Sounds to me like it's more "when I drop dead, it's all yours" type of arrangement, but I really don't have any details, and unless she told us, am not asking.
All my girls were very secretive. All 3 of them. 2 now are left, and I (blame) Scorpio for that little trait. The eldest is well off compared to the rest of us, so it was only this one I'm more concerned with. We are all really at "arm's length" now since their little sister died in 2008. It's probably best. They were raised to be sufficient unto themselves, or independent. My Uranus in 11th (handle of a bucket formation I think), and Jen's 12th house Uranus must be something I (inadvertently ) bequeathed her!

All their father - (I do have Jupiter in Scorpio 5th house, but I am more a blabbermouth and hate secrets!) :tongue: grew up in a house full of them, so I tend not to do that.

Last edited:

leomoon

Waybread:

IF we had not "stumbled" upon the deed to her house online looking it up to see after she purchased it 5 yrs ago or so, we'd NEVER have known he was on that particular deed in some type of trust.

We always lived debt free, (my husband's insistence), so never used "other people's money", as you are supposed to do when investing to make more. It made him nervous, so she picked up this trait too, not to have debt if at all possible, save and then purchase whatever or wait.

First off, she'd know without a doubt, we'd have tried to talk her out of this trust ...so she did her own thing. :unsure: I'm rather convinced he must have been a child of her's in a past life. Can't imagine it any other way. :annoyed:

She left a condo before the house....as he was pushing for her to buy a house. The condo too was debt free initially when we first moved to this State and he was not in her life, we fronted it and she simply made payments to us. So she's leaving a 4 bedroom rather large home for 1 person and 3 animals to buy a 700 square ft?? tiny condo, 1 b/r she thinks would be perfect for just her and the 2cats, 1 dog.

The dog came back from Greece with her, a puppy someone named "Odyssey" (like the Iliad) she calls him "Oddie"

I hope he's good company for her, because I feel awful about her situation sometimes. Just parental worries.

He's a Jack Russell Terrier pup. The same dog that was on Frasier TV show. After her sister committed suicide, we walked on pins and needles not to upset her anymore then she is about this b.f. It's not easy being alone in life, but she has quite a few good friends too I think . She is a beautiful girl, the prettiest of all 3 - my mom use to say, BUT has a very "caustic" way about her and felt HE obliged that personality where others wouldn't.

Venus in Aquarius -

Last edited:

waybread

Leomoon, if you and your husband were realtors, you know a lot more about the ins and outs than I do. I tend to chime in with practical advice because a lot of people would think only about the horoscope having some small favorable aspects. (Vs. a thorough work-up like Tamara's.)

I will say that if your daughter welcomes your significant financial involvement, I think you have a right to ask her about the ownership of her current house. If Nogoodnik BF has some kind of legal rights to the proceeds of the sale, that's not so good, obviously.

She's lucky if condos in your area allow so many pets. Where I live many condos either don't allow pets, or permit one cat or one dog the size of a small shoebox. Jack Russells are loaded with energy, so hopefully she lives close to the off-leash dog park.

Check out her 6th house?

Venus in Aquarius is good. Very good.

leomoon

She's lucky if condos in your area allow so many pets. Where I live many condos either don't allow pets, or permit one cat or one dog the size of a small shoebox. Jack Russells are loaded with energy, so hopefully she lives close to the off-leash dog park.

Check out her 6th house?

I read the same thing, about the energy of a dog bred for hunting (rabbits and smaller animals)..so far so good she says Cats & pup get along now.
I'd think the HOA rules would be where we'd look for pets in condos. Thats a good point Waybread, so we'll mention it.

Her 6th house cusp is Aries, hence Mars with Mars at 3Taurus still in the 6th. Mars trine Mercury but square Venus - sextile Sun's ruler Saturn.

leomoon

I heard from her early this morning, that yesterday, the condo she bid on was outbid and now is sold. Its a very hot market here in Arizona.

She has listed her property so is trying to make something work out sooner then later, but of course, she's limited in what a higher price house can get vs a Condo too I would think.

She is of the impression, had she offered cash at the time, she may have been better off, but then again, it's likely someone offered them more without a contingency on selling their own house too. (hard to say)

This was the article from June when the market started to be red hot:

https://ktar.com/story/4473837/arizona-housing-market-sparks-bidding-wars-for-homebuyers/

waybread

I'm sorry this didn't work out. And yes, I've heard of super-crazy real estate markets in other cities. Doesn't help if yours is one of them.

I took another look at your chart, to see what gives and what I missed earlier. The best I could come up with.

1. You're house #1, [obviously.] Ruled by Jupiter in the 12th house. Jupiter is in its own terms, so you're probably able to make good on the question, but in the 12th house, may be in the dark about all of the issues involved. Your second house of money is ruled by Mars. Your 8th house of shared resources has Mars as a co-significator.

2. Your daughter is the 5th house, ruled by the moon.

3. Your daughter's current house is the 4th from the 5th, or radix 8th house ( also your shared resources.) Her intended home is the 4th from the 8th, or radix 11th house. It is ruled by Saturn.

3. Saturn in the 12th is pretty strong, domiciled and in the house of its joy. But-- it doesn't aspect Jupiter. Jupiter is in Saturn's sign, but Saturn doesn't return the favor. So there doesn't seem like a coming together of you and this condo. Meanwhile Mars applies to a nasty square with Saturn, suggesting the matter won't go smoothly.

So it's not about whether you "should," something that only you can answer anyway; but just that it's unlikely to happen.

But-- if she really wants the new condo, can she put in a second/back-up offer on it in case the pending sale fails?

Last edited:

leomoon

I'm sorry this didn't work out. And yes, I've heard of super-crazy real estate markets in other cities. Doesn't help if yours is one of them.

I took another look at your chart, to see what gives. The best I could come up with.

1. You're house #1, obviousl. Ruled by Jupiter in the 12th house.

2. Your daughter is the 5th house, ruled by the moon. Jupiter is in its own terms, so you're probably able to make good on the question, but in the 12th house, may be in the dark about all of the issues involved.

3. Your daughter's current house is the 4th from the 5th, or radix 8th house your shared resources.) Her intended home is the 4th from the 8th, or radix 11th house. It is ruled by Saturn.

3. Saturn in the 12th is pretty strong, domiciled and in the house of its joy. But-- it doesn't aspect Jupiter. Jupiter is in Saturn's sign, but Saturn doesn't return the favor. So there doesn't seem like a coming together of you and this condo.

So it's not about whether you "should," something that only you can answer anyway; but just that it's unlikely to happen.

But-- if she really wants the new condo, can she put in a second/back-up offer on it in case the pending sale fails?

You hit the nail on the head, with the 12th and our being pretty much "in the dark", except with a few emails and one phone call originally.

The latest email was just returning her father's- saying she had indeed listed her property, and she seemed happy about that much.

He re-iterated, we'd help however we could. I think she hopes she can pull this all off on her own however. She is very independent minded.

In a way we're glad the tiny place didn't work out because its so small - but it's the "location, location, location" that is very hot, and they've gone up for condos over 50% from just December or more in some instances.

Of course, we try and tell her, whats meant for her will come up, just stay the course. :unsure:

I'll keep you all posted.
Thanks again, Waybread

leomoon

I've heard of super-crazy real estate markets in other cities. Doesn't help if yours is one of them.
Arizona is one and Florida another. Mostly snow-birds from both the Midwestern States where it's very very cold, and Canada, who buy here and in Florida.

They are apparently flush with cash and looking for 2nd or 3rd locations for themselves & their families.

Jen use to live in a condo when we moved here, and she watched out for a snowbird's condo next door until the woman died recently.

They are here now (its still hot here)

leomoon

She has her first contract for the house now, dated last night 11/14/21.

Hoping its a "clean one", I haven't seen it, but she seems to think it is and says there are no contingencies. There will be an inspection, so I told her, "Inspections ARE contingencies".

We'll see -

Just wondering, how to do "timing" in the charts....

I posted a 2nd chart the other day here, for timing specifically:

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1139292#post1139292