totally confused about retrogrades (mars, mercury, others?)... can anyone help?

rennfahrer993

I had someone doing custom charts for me a couple years ago and they were always freakishly accurate. In fact they predicted a couple major events in my life. Anyway one of the things my astrologer always told me was to beware of retrogrades - don't start new business dealings, don't start relationships, don't end relationships, etc. during retrogrades. She said communication would always be all screwed up - certainly seemed to be the case. Anyway I was just curious about what the retrogrades are now and in recent past but when searching I'm getting all confused.

Apparently there is mars and mercury retrogrades and maybe others. Seems to me when she used to give me the dates it was several times a year and usually for about a month or maybe a little more. Now I'm seeing just one time for Mars in 2007/08 timeframe Nov 15 07 - Jan 30 08. But looks like Mercury has 3 times per year. Anyone have an idea which she was talking about or if it was both? And what the dates are going forward and for recent past?

Thanks.

If it matters I'm born 26.05.80, east coast, north america in the afternoon.