Panic Attacks at Work

Marasca_Cherry

Hello all...

So I've been having panic attacks at work the past 2 weeks. I've had about 4. I was hoping it would pass as a weird occurrence but I feel it progressively getting worse. I went in today and could not function or control it and was sent home today.

I'm a nurse, I've had this job for about a yr and this is a new development. I've never had panic attacks before, always had some nervous energy but nothing I could not manage or control. Never full fledged attacks, where I can't do my job. Please give me advice if possible, about how transits could be affecting my mental health.

I saw a Doctor after being sent home and he prescribed anxiety medication and also set me up for a counseling session next week. So I am taking real life steps to manage this but I was wondering if astrology has any insight?

I also had gotten a call for a job interview before I went to work today, and before my attack, I said OK in the moment but now I'm having doubts because of my state of mind, it's tomorrow... should I go??

Attachments

• astro_24gw_2017.jpg
    astro_24gw_2017.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 44

katydid

You have a couple of transits right now that are kind of difficult.

Transiting Saturn is @ 21Sag in your 6th house. The 6th house represents your work, your work place and environment, your role as an employee, and team work and cooperation.

Saturn forcing it’s way through the 6th can be painful and repressive. It can be like a nagging critical voice in one’s head, chiding one for not being meticulous enough, or accurate or thorough. That nagging feeling creates an insecurity and a lack of confidence that can affect one’s ability to work well with others or to feel comfortable at work.

Now combine that with a tension filled aspect that Saturn is now making to your natal Mars.

You have Mars @ 21 Virgo opposing your Midheaven, which is your public recognition for work/career.

Mars in Virgo can be a very good placement for detail work, tidiness, methodical scientific accuracy etc. And you may pride yourself on your skills and abilities to be thorough and productive.

So when Saturn comes into your workplace and challenges your Mars, it may rattle you somewhat. You may fear making silly mistakes or impulsive decisions?

Google “ Transit -Saturn square Mars” and read up on the aspect. I think it is one of the possible triggers for your panic attacks.

You also have Transiting Neptune opposed natal Sun in the 3rd. That is also a possible contributing factor for the nervousness/anxiety.

You have Mercury square Saturn/Neptune, natally. So this Neptune transit will trigger that mental energy and possible confusion. I am glads to hear that you are going to begin some counseling. This is the perfect time for that. :innocent:

If you do go to the job interview, that's fine. But don't put too much pressure on yourself right now. :sideways:

Marasca_Cherry

Sorry, for the late reply. As for an update I've been back and forth to doctors, they can only prescribe anti-depressant/anti-anxiety meds and tell me to wait it out. I have an appt. with a doctor with a background in counselling on Monday and am taking more days off. It's hard to find an affordable pyschotherapist that available short notice, but I'm looking.

I've started taking the medication but it's making me sick. I'll keep taking it although I don't fully agree with it just because I feel backed into a corner.

I went to the job interview on Tuesday but they were running behind so I just left. I was anxious sitting in the waiting area so I just left. Went to my doctor's appt. right after.

I still feel very tense/tight and have this aching in my chest. Although I haven't had any attack since Monday, so it's just at work so far. They've had me do a ECG Wednesday to rule out anything physical, but I already know it's mental.

Last edited:

Marasca_Cherry

I felt like utter **** last year around this time as well, I was in bed crying almost daily for 2 weeks at one point. Just when I thought I got a handle on things, Saturn keep messing with me...

Saturn square Mars opposing my Midheaven sounds horrible. I'm tired of feeling like I'm always taking 2 steps forward and 3 backwards.

I honestly feel like I'm losing it. It's such a scary feeling when you don't have control of your mind, your thoughts, and your body.

katydid

I felt like utter **** last year around this time as well, I was in bed crying almost daily for 2 weeks at one point. Just when I thought I got a handle on things, Saturn keep messing with me...

Saturn square Mars opposing my Midheaven sounds horrible. I'm tired of feeling like I'm always taking 2 steps forward and 3 backwards.

I honestly feel like I'm losing it. It's such a scary feeling when you don't have control of your mind, your thoughts, and your body.

Saturn has just now FINISHED this square to Mars and it is done with the square to the MC.

DONE/OVER/MOVING ON.....:smile:

Marasca_Cherry

Im still not feeling like myself and jittery and feel tightness away from work, I'm hesistant to even go back.

Side note: I have been seeing a lot of buffterflies both in real life and in imagery. I havent been looking for it but its been standing out to me the last 2 months or so.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Marasca, I had just about read your first post and chart, and wanted to say right away that you should know panic attacks from earlier because you said you don't know panic attacks. Now I read in another post of yours that you have experienced them earlier too.

Let me explain. Panic attacks always involve the Moon. The constellation is right there in your natal chart and often gets triggered around this time of the year. You have a natal Moon - Mars and Mars - Uranus. Your Mars is of a very agitated nature because of Uranus. Uranus is usually a slow energy and often needs a fast moving planet to trigger it. Now, your Moon is also of a nervous nature and it is easy to stir your emotions due to Mars - Moon in your natal chart.

What happens around this time of the year is that transiting Mars, when it enters Virgo, often triggers all those natal aspects above.

Now, transiting Mars will also square your Moon when it transits Aquarius, around June of 2018. Keep a look out and update us. It will be some learning for me. Thanks

Marasca_Cherry

I feel like these symptoms are more acute and more physical than last year. Last year I felt depression and anxiety for sure, I also wasn't working during that time period so It may have manifested as it is now.

The symptoms I was getting Monday (the day that was the worst of it) while I was doing anything that requires concentration and dealing with people; (I'm a nurse, so this is my entire job description) My chest hurt, my heart racing, I was trembling, I felt nauseous, and I could not control my physical reactions to a mental state of panic, panic I'm was in for no reason at all. I was fighting that for 2 hours. I'm honestly afraid to go back to work due to the sensitive nature of my job I cannot be acting this way.

What your both saying is very helpful.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

I have a Moon-Mars and Moon Uranus, so yes, I know what you go through. Drink lots and lots of water and try to go out for a walk to calm yourself down and yet expel that energy.

Kannon

Marasca_Cherry,

You have a few transits at work now in your chart that caught my attention quickly.

Pluto [21S45 declination] transits parallel your natal Moon [22S35] and Neptune [22S11]. The transit to natal Neptune is one many people around your age are undergoing now. It involves a transformation of beliefs, worldview, life philosophy and ideals. Expect it to take time and work at a deep level within you. It will last a few years.

The transit parallel natal Moon is a major one that is having the sharpest effect upon your psychological state right now (along with the next one I describe). It involves strong emotions and deeper ones than what we're normally used to dealing with day-to-day. Some of those feelings may be triggered by matters such as death, insecure home situation, etc. This is a major developmental phase that requires patience and can serve as a test of where you are with you, and the baggage you've been carrying around. May require professional psychological help. Don't try to get through it alone. However, expect that while others may help you during this time, they may not have satisfactory answers for you. That is because this transit does not deal in questions that need answers, but in deep feelings states that may lie largely at a non-verbal level and be impossible to articulate.

Neptune opposite natal Sun is a period of some doubt relating to one's abilities and/or identity. Situations may seem to require more thought and certainty than one is able to achieve. Confusion can be a problem as the ideal may seem temporary out of reach in one's life or daily efforts. The purpose of this transit is at least partly to cleanse ego out of one's personal interactions with others so that one's attitude and compassion become more a guiding force rather than learning or brute confidence.

In addition, Neptune [7S44] is beginning its transit parallel your natal Mercury [6S45], which increases what I just said relating to doubts, confusion, attitude/compassion vs learning and confidence. It is a transit that can indicate it is important to learn, but by forgetting some things you previously thought were important.

Disillusionment is normally the first phase of this kind of transit, along with confusion and uncertainty. Then, clarity can come later as you are able to successfully sift through information and set aside what is not important. It is also important to remind yourself that not every outcomes needs to be ideal if your attitude and heart are in a good place. Death and suffering may seem to wear you down during this period until you come to terms with it, possibly from a more spiritual point of view of a larger framework of allowing, even if you don't feel you understand.

Saturn square natal Mars has been pretty tight for a while now. This transit challenges decisive actions with complications, doubt, frustration until there is a different approach in dealing with necessary big picture 'have tos' (Saturn in Sag) and their effect upon your detailed actions (natal Mars in Virgo) and their appropriateness.

These are challenging transits, but you are going through some supportive ones as well.

Pluto is finishing up its transit trine your natal Sun. You can discover more of your personal ability and power to extend to others and step forward in your life at this time, as I'm sure you have over the last few years. Pluto is also sextile natal Moon and will be for a year or two longer. This adds to that internal feeling of empowerment relating to what you've got within you to deal with anything life throws at you.

Jupiter has also been conjunct natal Venus, soon finishing that transit, so look for benefits from a caring male or a female to assist you in getting perspective on your challenges now. If you reach out now when it is easier for you to do so, you'll get greater benefit when Jupiter transits conjunct your Moon in the coming months.

Good luck and take care of yourself.

JUPITERASC

6th House Main Rulerships
Illness and disease.

All matters relating to the health industry

and those who work in it:
dentists, doctors, nurses.
Also employees, tenants and servants.
and domestic issues gernerally
6th house has some relevance to domestic appliances
that are purchased to ease day to day chores and laborious tasks.
Sorrow. Generally 6th House is regarded as a house of weakness and affliction.
As a cadent house it represents alien or unhelpful conditions http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h6.html

During the Saturn transit of your 6th
meditation is helpful for calming panic attacks
also
Tai Chi :smile:

Marasca_Cherry

I have a Moon-Mars and Moon Uranus, so yes, I know what you go through. Drink lots and lots of water and try to go out for a walk to calm yourself down and yet expel that energy.

Thank you, I've been taking a lot of long walks, trying sensory deprivation tanks, and will remember to drink plenty of water!

Marasca_Cherry

Marasca_Cherry,

You have a few transits at work now in your chart that caught my attention quickly.

Pluto [21S45 declination] transits parallel your natal Moon [22S35] and Neptune [22S11]. The transit to natal Neptune is one many people around your age are undergoing now. It involves a transformation of beliefs, worldview, life philosophy and ideals. Expect it to take time and work at a deep level within you. It will last a few years.

The transit parallel natal Moon is a major one that is having the sharpest effect upon your psychological state right now (along with the next one I describe). It involves strong emotions and deeper ones than what we're normally used to dealing with day-to-day. Some of those feelings may be triggered by matters such as death, insecure home situation, etc. This is a major developmental phase that requires patience and can serve as a test of where you are with you, and the baggage you've been carrying around. May require professional psychological help. Don't try to get through it alone. However, expect that while others may help you during this time, they may not have satisfactory answers for you. That is because this transit does not deal in questions that need answers, but in deep feelings states that may lie largely at a non-verbal level and be impossible to articulate.

Neptune opposite natal Sun is a period of some doubt relating to one's abilities and/or identity. Situations may seem to require more thought and certainty than one is able to achieve. Confusion can be a problem as the ideal may seem temporary out of reach in one's life or daily efforts. The purpose of this transit is at least partly to cleanse ego out of one's personal interactions with others so that one's attitude and compassion become more a guiding force rather than learning or brute confidence.

In addition, Neptune [7S44] is beginning its transit parallel your natal Mercury [6S45], which increases what I just said relating to doubts, confusion, attitude/compassion vs learning and confidence. It is a transit that can indicate it is important to learn, but by forgetting some things you previously thought were important.

Disillusionment is normally the first phase of this kind of transit, along with confusion and uncertainty. Then, clarity can come later as you are able to successfully sift through information and set aside what is not important. It is also important to remind yourself that not every outcomes needs to be ideal if your attitude and heart are in a good place. Death and suffering may seem to wear you down during this period until you come to terms with it, possibly from a more spiritual point of view of a larger framework of allowing, even if you don't feel you understand.

Saturn square natal Mars has been pretty tight for a while now. This transit challenges decisive actions with complications, doubt, frustration until there is a different approach in dealing with necessary big picture 'have tos' (Saturn in Sag) and their effect upon your detailed actions (natal Mars in Virgo) and their appropriateness.

These are challenging transits, but you are going through some supportive ones as well.

Pluto is finishing up its transit trine your natal Sun. You can discover more of your personal ability and power to extend to others and step forward in your life at this time, as I'm sure you have over the last few years. Pluto is also sextile natal Moon and will be for a year or two longer. This adds to that internal feeling of empowerment relating to what you've got within you to deal with anything life throws at you.

Jupiter has also been conjunct natal Venus, soon finishing that transit, so look for benefits from a caring male or a female to assist you in getting perspective on your challenges now. If you reach out now when it is easier for you to do so, you'll get greater benefit when Jupiter transits conjunct your Moon in the coming months.

Good luck and take care of yourself.

The female doctor I spoke to yesterday was helpful, she said I should take another week off work. I imagine they won't be so happy with me when I return or IF I return. I feel like I'm always running into brick walls and ended up in crossroads in life. Anyhow I'm seeing her again next week, so hopefully this is the woman your talking about.

I don't understand where all this doubt is coming from when I was doing so well, It makes sense what you said moving from a place of learning/brute confidence to a place motivated by compassion. Maybe I was focusing more on technique than real connection, but I also want to protect my energy.

I feel like my armor has completely been stripped from me and I have been feeling so much, more than I want to or makes sense, people energies are easily being transferred onto me, particularly their negative feelings. They are triggering my panic attacks and general feeling of unease.

As I'm sitting here in my laptop alone, I feel a knot in my chest for no obvious reason. I feel so uneasy. I'll keep trying different things.