The zodiac signs and spirit animals

CapAquaPis

The astrological zodiac is made up of 12 signs - imaginary being constellations. Yes, 7 of them (Aries-the ram, Taurus-the bull, Cancer-the crab, Leo-the lion, Scorpio-the scorpion, Sagittarius-the horse/centaur, Capricorn-the goat and Pisces-the fishes) are animals. 4 more of them are anthro or human (Gemini-the twins, Virgo-the maiden and Aquarius-the water carrier). Libra-the balance counts as one, the human hands holding the symbol of justice. The anthro or human signs have spirit animals I call them and I put down a list of what they are.

Gemini: the dog or wolf, Virgo: the hen or turkey, Libra: the pig or hog, and Aquarius: the primate or monkey.

Aries and Capricorn can also represent sheep (or oxen), Taurus for cows (female cattle), Cancer for lobsters, Leo for cats or tigers, Scorpio for insects, Sagittarius is a hybrid human-animal anyway, and Pisces for sea mammals like whales (or I guess, sharks which are fishes).

Speaking of whales, the parazodiacs can have manifestations of spirit animals. Cetus is the whale or dolphin, Orion is the beetle or scarab (significance to ancient Egypt), Sextans is the rodent like rat or mice, Corvus is the crow (and cardinal-between Virgo and Libra is the faint pre-1930 IAU constellation Orpheus), Ophiuchus is the snake or serpent (the human killer of these things) and Aquila is the eagle or swan (with Cygnus).

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Is there signs with a bear or a dragon? Aries-Virgo may have a bear and Libra-Pisces has a dragon. The constellations Draco (dragon) and Ursa Major (bear) come to mind, both are only seen in the northern hemisphere close to Polaris or Ursa Minor (little bear). Draco is in esoteric versions of astrology as a mystical parazodiac. And Octans in the southern skies facing the south celestial pole is representative of an dragon egg (related to Draco) pointing to Crux (the cross), a bright magnitude constellation only seen south of 25N latitude (i.e. Florida).