Jupiter conjunct Regulus...?

GeminiGrrl

Does anyone on this site have any experience with this -- either because they have it in their own chart or know someone who has it in their chart? I decided to take a look at where Regulus falls in my own chart this morning and found out that it forms a close conjunction with my natal Jupiter in my ninth house (which has my Sun in seventh as its chart ruler) as well as a very close parallel by declination. Regulus also forms both a square with my Ascendant in Sagittarius and a sextile with my natal Sun/Venus/Mars stellium in Gemini at less than one degree (but in the latter case, I gather from what I've read so far that the only aspects which most people consider when looking at Regulus aspects are the conjunction and the challenging aspects). How would people interpret this? I've read that Regulus conjunct Jupiter is believed to provide the potential for fame and wealth, but there must be many people born with this aspect who don't achieve that -- and in all honesty, I don't have a strong desire for fame or wealth (despite the fact that I have Pluto conjunct my Midheaven and that this aspect is supposed to be associated with extreme ambition).

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Does anyone on this site have any experience with this
-- either because they have it in their own chart or know someone who has it in their chart?
I decided to take a look at where Regulus falls in my own chart this morning
and found out that it forms a close conjunction with my natal Jupiter
in my ninth house (which has my Sun in seventh as its chart ruler)
as well as a very close parallel by declination.
Regulus also forms both a square with my Ascendant in Sagittarius
and a sextile with my natal Sun/Venus/Mars stellium in Gemini
at less than one degree (but in the latter case,
I gather from what I've read so far that the only aspects
which most people consider when looking at Regulus aspects
are the conjunction and the challenging aspects).
How would people interpret this?
According to constellations of words http://constellationsofwords.com/Fixedstars.htm
REGULUS conjunct JUPITER = Fame, high preferment, especially of a military nature
success in the Church. Robson
So then would you confirm whether perhaps you are famous :smile:
especially militarily famous
or successful in the Church

GeminiGrrl

According to constellations of words http://constellationsofwords.com/Fixedstars.htm
REGULUS conjunct JUPITER = Fame, high preferment, especially of a military nature
success in the Church. Robson
So then would you confirm whether perhaps you are famous :smile:
especially militarily famous
or successful in the Church

Nope -- I'm not famous, and I have absolutely no desire to become a powerful figure in either military or religious circles. That being said, I have recently begun taking steps toward doing something I've wanted to do all my life but haven't had the courage to do before, which is to work as a professional singer. I essentially already am a singer because I do perform in public regularly throughout the year as part of a vocal ensemble, but I'm not getting paid for it (or at least not yet) -- singing is something which I love to do, which I'm very good at doing, and which I intend to keep doing whether I get paid for it or not as long as I am physically capable of doing it. I don't expect to "make it big" or become famous -- in fact, I'd really rather not become famous because I value my privacy and I rather enjoy having the freedom to go wherever and do whatever I want to (which famous people don't always have). If I could support myself doing what it is I most enjoy and making other people happy in the bargain, I think I could be quite content with that.

Last edited:

Lin

I couldn't comment on the singing success, as Jupiter conj Regulus in the 9th probably won't affect that....
however: without seeing your chart it would be hard to feel confident in saying anything about success in general.

And when you say conjunct...you realize that the conj to a fixed star must be within a one degree orb....right? Unless it was exactly conj an angle also...then maybe you could add another degree but no more than that.
LIN

GeminiGrrl

I couldn't comment on the singing success, as Jupiter conj Regulus in the 9th probably won't affect that....
however: without seeing your chart it would be hard to feel confident in saying anything about success in general.

And when you say conjunct...you realize that the conj to a fixed star must be within a one degree orb....right? Unless it was exactly conj an angle also...then maybe you could add another degree but no more than that.
LIN

I put up a post on the Vocational Astrology page with regard to my chances of singing professionally including my natal and progressed charts, but didn't receive any replies. In response to your comment, Regulus does form a close square with my Ascendant with less than one degree of orb and forms a conjunction of less than 1.5 degrees of orb with Jupiter in my natal chart. The sources I read suggested that especially for a major fixed star such as Regulus, a conjunction at an orb greater than one degree is considered valid.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I put up a post on the Vocational Astrology page
with regard to my chances of singing professionally
including my natal and progressed charts, but didn't receive any replies.

In response to your comment,
Regulus does form a close square with my Ascendant
with less than one degree of orb
the Ascendant is based on precision of time of birth
and so
because
ASCENDANT changes ONE DEGREE every FOUR MINUTES
any aspect to aascendant requires careful study

and
in particular wi
th reference to Fixed Stars :smile:
traditionally only conjunctions apply

and forms a conjunction of less than 1.5 degrees of orb with Jupiter in my natal chart.
The sources I read suggested that especially for a major fixed star such as Regulus,
a conjunction at an orb greater than one degree is considered valid.
Your natal Jupiter is also Declination parallel REGULUS
and
a Fixed Star in Declination parallel
as well as conjunct by longitude has effects
WHEN those effects occur is a matter for study