Random Thoughts, strictly Text

AppLeo

We don't have to tell right from wrong Creator, because we all agree there is only one.

No, we do. Because people have very different views of God. And depending on those views, it determines how we act (ethics), what we believe about the nature of the world (metaphysics), how we go about discovering the world (epistemology).

You probably meant to say that we can't tell right from wrong prophet/oracle of God. That is difficult, but not impossible, God puts us on a trial to test our faith to him and his commandments (see Deuteronomy 13).

How do we know that these commandments are the correct ones? What if I put faith in the wrong God or commandments? The idea of putting faith in something automatically means that we CAN'T KNOW.

That's good. You're the same as well, I see. Finished with school?

No, I have a lot more studying ahead of me.

petosiris

Banned
Hebrews 11 has become one of my favourite chapters. Forget about the so-called philosophy, faith in action - there is the love of wisdom which comes from above.

petosiris

Banned
From the parable of the rich man and Lazarus:
“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
“‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Some people can remain unconvinced no matter what.

AppLeo

From the parable of the rich man and Lazarus:
“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
“‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Some people can remain unconvinced no matter what.

blah blah blah

petosiris

Banned
It’s possible to mistake signs of death and for markers of a typical progression to be reversed, so I’m sure people have risen from the grave, just as surely as they’ve been buried mistakenly.

There is no possibility that the swoon hypothesis would be true if the crucifixion account is accurate, you have flogging, thorns, six hours on the cross and the prophesied piercing. Explain how this person can then appear standing among different witnesses - women and men three days later.

Ukpoohbear

The highest form of Comprehension is comprehending that there are matters beyond our comprehension.

Ok but what I’m saying is Petosiris was being logical when he was saying that the monotheistic are similar and are probably the same god but with different ‘rules,’ but he chose for his own reasoning to be a Christian but then talked about the Christian belief of people who die basically still being dead until the resurrection, which isn’t logical to believe and he only believes that because he chose to be a Christian, there’s no logical reason to believe that.

It’s absurd.