quesited and querent same planet?

The Everqueen

hi everyone i have some questions regarding this chart, since the ascendant is in libra here, this means that i am represented by venus. however, uranus is in taurus in the 7th house, so would this mean that the quesited is also represented by venus? and what would this mean

The 7H is ruled by Mars. Uranus is just a planet in the 7H it doesn't rule the cusp of the house. It's not a planet used in traditional astrology.

JoZi15

but what about taurus? its in the 7th house, and mars is in the 7th, and the quesited would be represented by L7 right? im confused bc the website says taurus is in the 7th house

Hi Neptune!

The two significators for a 1:1 relationship Horary question that might be romantic or about a significant other are the rulers or lords of the ASC and the DSC. You’ve got the 1st H Lord right. The 7th (DSC) H Lord is signified by the sign that the DSC is in. Not necessarily all the planets in the 7th House.

Try that and see what you come up with?

Jozi

The Everqueen

but what about taurus? its in the 7th house, and mars is in the 7th, and the quesited would be represented by L7 right? im confused bc the website says taurus is in the 7th house

It's just the style of chart you are using. See how this chart similar to yours shows the houses? My chart doesn't show where Taurus starts in the 7H and yours does. As you can see the descendant is 22 degrees, there are 30 degrees per house so Aries ends over half way into the house and then Taurus begins. The 8H cusp is at 15 degrees. Does that make sense?

Attachments

• Chart.jpg
    Chart.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

The Everqueen

thank you jozi :) i understand it now, i was really confused at first. my question was if i would reconcile with someone. so this would mean that they are mars in scorpio, and i am venus in capricorn. im pretty sure there is reception between the planets - mars is sextile venus (applying), but mars is in venus detriment? however mars is also in the first house..

The Venus sextile Mars aspect starts to separate before it can perfect so it doesn't happen unfortunately.

JoZi15

The Venus sextile Mars aspect starts to separate before it can perfect so it doesn't happen unfortunately.

Neptune,

Can you see what The Everqueen is saying - by checking the ephemeris you can see that Venus is getting ready to go Rx and so she is moving super slow, slower than she normally would, and will never perfect the aspect before she goes Rx and, instead, begins to separate from Mars?

Without an aspect that perfects, reception between the planets isn't considered. I'm sorry about that!

Jozi

JoZi15

thank you jozi :) i understand it now, i was really confused at first. so this would mean that they are mars in scorpio, and i am venus in capricorn. mars is sextile venus (applying), but mars is in venus detriment? while venus is mars exaltion.. would this not mean the person in question hates me? however mars is also in the first house..? would this mean that they are in my 12th? also i asked if we would communicate again

Hi Neptune,

Mars is in your 1st H.

If you turn the chart to read it for them, you would use the 7th H as their 1st H. That means that they are in their own 7th H.

But since there isn't an aspect between the two significators which perfects, I wouldn't read the rest of the chart - as The Everqueen already interpreted that nothing will happen.

The only thing I might look at is the Moon. Moon will not make an aspect to another planet (in traditional methods, aspects to the outer planets are not considered). Since Moon is void, that also tells us that nothing will come of this question/matter.

I hope that helps.

Jozi

tikana

its not about this chart specifically :) im new to horary and i still dont know a lot about reception, or what it exactly means if the planet of the quesited is in the sign which is the detriment or exaltion of the querents planet,

If a planet is in detriment, it means that a planet is under a spell of the lord of the sign.
Example
Mars in cancer - it doesnt perform well because Moon is a ruler of cancer.
So you need to look at the Moon to see if it can hold any strength.
Imagine a drunken man(mars) leaning on a pole (Moon).
Pole can do one of two things: either support a drunken man or bend / break.
If Moon is strong(in its own sign or exalted even triplicity + 1 minor dignity), the pole will stand. Otherwise if will bend and break.

If a planet is in exalt - Venus in capricorn .. Venus exalts Mars (she thinks mars is Apollo), but mars in libra (venus and mars can probably work together but they must have an applying aspect eventhough it is a square)

Venuus is in capricorn and mars is in aries - there is an applying square - this WILL NOT work. because Mars doesnt give a rat's azz about venus.

Venus in capricon and mars in cancer - applying opposition - this DOES NOT work either because Mars is mute + weak so it has no power to act.

Venus in capricorn sextiles Mars in scorpio - might not work either BUT YOU need to look at the minor dignities beacause scorpio holds venus at 20and 21 degress scorpio. Those 2 degrees work .. everything else - meh it might fail

venus in capricorn sextiles mars in pisces - this could work because there is strong reception between the two. exalt and planet in the domain

trines are easier they are harmonic

then you need to look at the houses where the planets are - angular on top - most likely will make an initiative
Cadent - might not but it could be just accidental debility or describe the location of the person involved.
Angular most likely to make a move but then I would not take it lightly if appling planet lord of asce sitting in 1st house applying to lord of 7th (if relationship chart), that means that the querent (most likely) is in his/her own interests.. the reverse logic applies to if the queested is in 7th house and applying to the slower planet

Then you need to read up about dexter and sinister aspects.
If there is a sinister aspect, then you will not see striaght forward action but more as in subtle or indirect. Think of Trojan horse analogy - the horse was towed inside of the town
vs
Dexter - it is like a straight forward move. Shooting a fireball cannons into the wall of the castle

JoZi15

If a planet is in detriment, it means that a planet is under a spell of the lord of the sign.
Example
Mars in cancer - it doesnt perform well because Moon is a ruler of cancer.
So you need to look at the Moon to see if it can hold any strength.
Imagine a drunken man(mars) leaning on a pole (Moon).
Pole can do one of two things: either support a drunken man or bend / break.
If Moon is strong(in its own sign or exalted even triplicity + 1 minor dignity), the pole will stand. Otherwise if will bend and break.

If a planet is in exalt - Venus in capricorn .. Venus exalts Mars (she thinks mars is Apollo), but mars in libra (venus and mars can probably work together but they must have an applying aspect eventhough it is a square)

Venuus is in capricorn and mars is in aries - there is an applying square - this WILL NOT work. because Mars doesnt give a rat's azz about venus.

Venus in capricon and mars in cancer - applying opposition - this DOES NOT work either because Mars is mute + weak so it has no power to act.

Venus in capricorn sextiles Mars in scorpio - might not work either BUT YOU need to look at the minor dignities beacause scorpio holds venus at 20and 21 degress scorpio. Those 2 degrees work .. everything else - meh it might fail

venus in capricorn sextiles mars in pisces - this could work because there is strong reception between the two. exalt and planet in the domain

trines are easier they are harmonic

then you need to look at the houses where the planets are - angular on top - most likely will make an initiative
Cadent - might not but it could be just accidental debility or describe the location of the person involved.
Angular most likely to make a move but then I would not take it lightly if appling planet lord of asce sitting in 1st house applying to lord of 7th (if relationship chart), that means that the querent (most likely) is in his/her own interests.. the reverse logic applies to if the queested is in 7th house and applying to the slower planet

Then you need to read up about dexter and sinister aspects.
If there is a sinister aspect, then you will not see striaght forward action but more as in subtle or indirect. Think of Trojan horse analogy - the horse was towed inside of the town
vs
Dexter - it is like a straight forward move. Shooting a fireball cannons into the wall of the castle

Wow. Thank you Tikana! I’m learning from this thread too.

So, if Mars (7th H Ruler) is in the 1st H in Scorpio and Venus (1st H Ruler) is in the 3rd H in Cappy, then by your description, Mars is Venus’ main concern (in Venus’ 1st H). He feels great (Scorpio is domicile + triplicity for Mars). He has the ability to make moves, take initiative (because he’s in an angular H).

Venus on the other hand is weak (she is peregrine - no essential Dignity in Capricorn). She has no strength. In a cadent house (3rd) she has no power to make a move either. And in the H of communication, she is thinking of reaching out. But she’s reconsidering and eventually decided against reaching out to him (she had been the one applying to Mars but is getting ready to go RX so has been slowing down and eventually turns in the opposite direction).

Through it all, Venus is in Mars’ sign of exaltation. According to Tikana’s explanation, that means Venus thinks well of Mars. The same cannot be said of Mars who is only good to himself (Venus is in detriment in Scorpio). [Thanks for being crystal clear on reception, Tikana!]

Venus is in the H of overthinking too. That’s got to be hard on Venus. Where Mars is concerned, Venus isn’t doing so good. I’d say Venus should get herself right and forget Mars. This is a bummer of a situation to be in. I’m sorry about that.

Good luck, Neptune 🤗

waybread

It can happen that the querent and quesited are ruled by the same planet, because many questions are about matters unrelated to the 7th house.

For example, querent has Capricorn rising and asks about her money, with Aquarius on her 2nd house cusp (traditionally ruled by Saturn.)

Querent has Gemini rising, and asks about his home, a 4th house matter, with Virgo on the cusp. Both ruled by Mercury.

This can get difficult to interpret. Look for planets in the first and other houses, if any, as co-significators. The moon generally represents the querent's emotional stake in the matter. Some would call it the querent's co-significator.

Then look at the significator generally. Is it domiciled or exalted, trining a benefic, and angular? Or is it combust, lacking in essential dignity, and in the 12th house, opposite Saturn? You can often get the idea whether things are going to go well for the querent or not.

And it is OK to say, "This chart isn't giving a clear answer."

tikana

Wow. Thank you Tikana! I’m learning from this thread too.

So, if Mars (7th H Ruler) is in the 1st H in Scorpio and Venus (1st H Ruler) is in the 3rd H in Cappy, then by your description, Mars is Venus’ main concern (in Venus’ 1st H). He feels great (Scorpio is domicile + triplicity for Mars). He has the ability to make moves, take initiative (because he’s in an angular H).

Venus on the other hand is weak (she is peregrine - no essential Dignity in Capricorn). She has no strength. In a cadent house (3rd) she has no power to make a move either. And in the H of communication, she is thinking of reaching out. But she’s reconsidering and eventually decided against reaching out to him (she had been the one applying to Mars but is getting ready to go RX so has been slowing down and eventually turns in the opposite direction).

Through it all, Venus is in Mars’ sign of exaltation. According to Tikana’s explanation, that means Venus thinks well of Mars. The same cannot be said of Mars who is only good to himself (Venus is in detriment in Scorpio). [Thanks for being crystal clear on reception, Tikana!]

Venus is in the H of overthinking too. That’s got to be hard on Venus. Where Mars is concerned, Venus isn’t doing so good. I’d say Venus should get herself right and forget Mars. This is a bummer of a situation to be in. I’m sorry about that.

Good luck, Neptune 🤗

U must have a perfecting aspect
Or Translatiin of light or collection of light. Then worry about a reception

tikana

thank you for explaining it! ur posts on here are genuinely helping me learn horary. a collection of light would be for example if another planet applied to both venus and mars in this case? is this present in the chart
i am currently reading about sinister aspects right now if i understood it correctly that means that venus is casting a sinister sextile to mars in the chart i posted

Do you understand that mars and venus DO NOT perfect? I was explaining in general how the aspects and receptions work. Dexter or sinister DO NOT apply in your chart at all!

tikana

thank you for the explanation jozi! i wish i could cast another chart for this situation because i have so many mixed feelings about it :( there is one thing i have a question about, i dont know if i am confused please correct me if i am but if planet A is in planet B sign of exaltion, would this not mean that planet B is positive towards planet A? and if planet B is in planet A sign of detriment, wouldnt this mean planet A dislikes planet B? or that planet B would bring something negative to planet A in general? x

receptions are irrelevant without a perfecting aspect.
Open any horary book, every astrologer will tell you.
A. establish a perfecting without interference aspect
B. judge the strengths and debilities of the significators
c. analyze accidental debilities or accidental dignities
ONLY then judge the chart.

tikana

i mean if we just use venus cap sextiling mars scorp, ignoring that the aspect wont happen, what does it mean for venus to be in the sign of mars exaltion but mars being in the sign of venus detriment

please read the original post .. i think i was very clear about that scenario

waybread

On Tikana's side is most traditional horary astrology re: perfecting aspects.

My view is slightly different. If you have two planets in mutual reception. or even in strong conditions of reception, they will help each other out, even with no aspect. I mean, if they applied to a nice aspect, why even look at mutual reception?

One thing to watch out for, though, is that planets may have reception yet be in the signs of one another's fall or detriment. For example, Venus in Virgo and Mars in Taurus can make a trine, but Venus in her fall and Mars in detriment are kind of the blind leading the blind.

tikana

i am referring to this part in jozis post :)

Through it all, Venus is in Mars’ sign of exaltation. According to Tikana’s explanation, that means Venus thinks well of Mars. The same cannot be said of Mars who is only good to himself (Venus is in detriment in Scorpio).

what i mean is that i thought if venus is in mars sign of exaltion, this would actually mean that mars likes/is positive to venus, but bc mars is in venus sign of detriment, this means that mars has some kind of negative impact ?

essential-dignities.jpg

we havve covered receptions many many times
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=630258#post630258

https://tonylouis.wordpress.com/2017/04/12/puzzling-receptions-in-a-horary-chart/