Does the "Degree" make a big difference?

lisahearts

My ascendent is in Aquarius at 15 degrees.. Would that give a different interpretation from someone who has their Ascendant in 25 or 5 degrees Aquarius ?

-My first house is shared by both Pisces and Aquarius.. What does this mean? Wouldn't that make Pisces have an influence on my ascendant? :unsure:

Oddity

It's a different decan, which can affect appearance, health, etc., and obviously if anything aspects the ascendant the degree matters, or if it's conjunct a prominent fixed star.
It would be difficult to judge without taking the entire chart into consideration, though.

Don't take astrotheme (or any other tinned interpretation) seriously.

Kalyxa

As Oddity mentioned, the decan changes depending on what degree of the sign something is at, which can give a different 'flavor' or feel to the sign. Degrees are also important when looking for aspects and determining how close their orbs are.

In regards to having both Aquarius and Pisces as part of your first house, just having Pisces there on it's own won't have a direct influence on your ascendant (outer appearance) because it is not ruling your ascendant. In other words, the sign that was 'rising' on the horizon (your ascendant, or 'rising sign') at the moment you were born was Aquarius, not Pisces. However, because Pisces is still a part of your first house, any planets that you have in Pisces which reside in your first house are likely to still be apparent in your physical appearance and self-image, with their influence increasing the closer they are to your ascendant.

Kannon

My ascendent is in Aquarius at 15 degrees.. Would that give a different interpretation from someone who has their Ascendant in 25 or 5 degrees Aquarius ?

Yes, absolutely. There are different planets in aspect to divergent degrees at the Asc of any chart.

In your case it especially makes a difference since this chart is at least 3 degrees off.

-My first house is shared by both Pisces and Aquarius.. What does this mean? Wouldn't that make Pisces have an influence on my ascendant? :unsure:

No. Pisces is considered 'rising' and in the 1st house in such a situation, but not part of your Asc. However, that sign would be taken into account for the personality, etc, of any such person with a house interception as illustrated here in the 1st/7th house pair. That means a house swallows up an entire sign.

Phoenix Venus

The degree makes all the difference in the world. Each degree of the zodiac has its own seperate sabian symbol, which means it represents a specific precept, resonating to its own tune.

Take the sabian symbol for your Ac, for instance, at 16 aqua ( i say 16 because 0.01 aqua to 0.59 aqua is the first degree of aqua, etc...) This is WHO of your chart (granted that your birth time is accurate)

Heres the symbol taken from Dane Rudhyar's "An Astrological Mandala":

" A BIG BUSINESSMAN AT HIS DESK.

KEYNOTE: The ability to organize the many aspects of an enterprise involving a large group of human beings.

A great deal of what is glowingly written about the Aquarian Age is probably sheer glamour. The New Age should be one in which man learns to use the power generated by human togetherness and group interplay — that is, to use it harmoniously for the welfare of the whole of which all individuals are parts, humanity and the planet Earth. This has never been achieved and only very rarely attempted. Mankind today must make a thorough and irresistible attempt, or be nearly destroyed — except for a creative "remnant" of seed-persons who would have to begin again from new foundations. In the field of big business, of huge war undertakings (like the Normandy landing in World War II) or of major national efforts (like the Moon landings) great results have been achieved, but the motive and the quality of the human interrelationships involved were neither of permanent significance nor invested with a truly harmonic quality. The character of the techniques used were totally un-satisfactory from a "human" point of view. Nevertheless there is much to learn from modern large-scale management and systems analysis, even in terms of personal endeavors of very limited scope.

This is the first stage in the sixty-fourth five-fold subcycle. It introduces the concept of management which is basic at this period of the cyclic life process which the zodiac symbolizes, yet which needs to be totally reevaluated if mankind is to actualize the spiritual potentialities implied in the evolutionary transformation just ahead. ORGANATION should be the Keyword, rather than mere "organization"; for humanity now can and should realize that it is indeed an "organism."

Compared to the next degree of aqua, aqua 17, the precepts are completely different:

"
A WATCHDOG STANDS GUARD, PROTECTING HIS MASTER AND HIS POSSESSIONS.

KEYNOTE: The development of the capacity to protect one-self and to safeguard one's individual rights under complex social pressures.

What seems to be implied in this symbol, considering its position in the entire cycle, is that under present-day social conditions the individual person needs protection against the ever-growing encroachments of society upon his theoretically recognized right to lead a private life free from public interference. Seen in this light the symbol stands in contrast to the preceding one depicting the power of big business and the totalitarian implications of large-scale organization. At a deeper occult level of interpretation it also reveals the need to protect oneself against "astral" intrusions and perhaps "black magic," the more so as one ventures into supernormal states of consciousness. It is said that the Adept trains certain subhuman entities ("Elementals") to protect him. The Christian religion speaks of Guardian Angels in a related sense.

At this second stage we see the individual able to master natural energies which he enlists in his service, so he may pursue his individualized work of destiny in security. This is another aspect of the relationship of individual-to-society. Individuals of course do also seek to rob or injure other persons, but the state of affairs resulting from a society glorifying competition, ambition and success at any cost is largely responsible for individual violence. The more creative the person, the greater his or her NEED FOR PROTECTION."

Kalyxa

[deleted quote of OP's chart by request - Moderator]

People with Saturn in the first house tend to have a stern, serious sort of vibe to them. They may be restrictive in their facial expressions or movements and there is a tendency to hold back or be more cautious about displaying lots of emotion freely. They have a strong need to feel in control of their self-expression, and they may look older or wiser than their years. I have this placement in my natal chart and I have often had people misread my facial expressions and assume I was upset or angry about something when I was actually just in deep thought.

Last edited by a moderator: