Element Shortages

Mia1982

An example from my case is I have absolutely no fire in my chart (with the exception of Uranus and Neptune, which are generational planets) and have been feeling many of the effects throughout my life such as lack of motivation, lack of creativity, laziness, difficulty channeling anger properly, etc.

I've heard there are ways to compensate through diet, lifestyle, exercise, etc, for shortages of any of the elements, but not sure what they are, and I'm finding it to be tricky to Google. Thanks!

kronos

You could try some small rituals, like lighting a candle (fire element)
and placing it on a table or alter in the south corner of your room.
Maybe something like that, and meditate on the activities that
you can do that will help you to channel your creativity and compassion.

Kannon

Fire - or any element - shows up not just as signs, but with planets as well. I don't place much stock in "lack of" notions related to signs alone. I have a lack of fire (but for Neptune 0* Sag) in my birth chart, but have Mars P MC.

The things you mention relate in general to low energy and being possibly out of touch with your passion, but are not necessarily because of lack of planets/pts in fire signs in your natal chart. Is the Scorpionic person who is full of passion lacking "fire?" I don't think so.

Sluggishness can be dispelled in many people by eating spicy foods or ingesting Cayenne/capsicum or another fiery herb.

Horus

The fire element has some of the essential qualities of the fire signs like creativity, initiative, adventure, etc.

You can gauge whether you truly lack the element if you are lacking drive, get up and go, burning desire. You have a balanced expression if you have drive without being too driven.

Besides signs look to planets activating in fire houses 1,5, and 9. You have seven planets divided between houses 1 and 9 so I think that your're probably fine in the fire department! :wink:

If not you look to your Sun, Mars, and Jupiter and placements in those fire houses and make more them.

Saturnian

I have a lack of Fire as well...but I do think that the core of me doesn't lack creativity and drive at all.It's just not very obvious at first glance but I can be very energetic and enthusiastic.

But maybe it could be due to the planets in the 1st house.Like I said though,it's not noticeable in me from the start you meet me.It comes along the better you get to know me.

07.Re

I've heard there are ways to compensate through diet, lifestyle, exercise, etc, for shortages of any of the elements, but not sure what they are, and I'm finding it to be tricky to Google. Thanks!

Mia, I lack fire in my chart and introduce the element of fire by doing the following:

* wearing red (you could also choose orange)
* burning tea-light candles (I light them even during the day)
* wearing a ruby ring

Research has shown that our moods are influenced by the colours we see and so if we see more of the colour red, we are more energised, passionate and fired up.

Hope that helps.

Joz

I think your Uranus and Neptune, even if they are generation planets, would also still count. You do have 2 planets in fire.

What I've noticed when I've done readings for those that have low/no fire, especially 0-1 planets in fire signs is a need for attention. Some were actors or in the performing arts. Steven Arroyo has a great interpretation also of the elements in his 'Astrology Psychology and the Four Elements'. Have you read it yet? Great book!

Also, look to any placements in the fire houses as well-1st, 5th and 9th.

Last edited:

MSO

I have like no Earth in anything lol. My 2nd, 7th, and 10th houses are completely barren, and in the signs Taurus is completely barren, Virgo only has my True Lilith and South Node, and Capricorn only has Neptune.

I can still save money, I can still have patience, and I can still find my way to work in the morning (albeit grudgingly and I have to change jobs every 6 months or I start slacking and skipping work). But the point is, with some willpower, just sheer willpower, you can have your fire attributes!

I like 07.Re's suggestion about wearing red. I wear a lot of brown and green and I feel a lot more earthy. Haha.

Mia1982

I look shocking in orange so I'll stick to red!! I have noticed that I feel much better when I'm lighting candles though haven't done too much of that lately, and this gives me a nice excuse to make more homemade curries (something I could live off of) involving capsicum.

The planets in my fire houses have some nasty aspects :pinched: As for those that aren't too badly afflicted, I guess I at least have Mercury and Jupiter working for me instead of against me.

Interesting, I did seriously think about getting into the performing arts ages ago. But then the 11 years I spent smoking cigarettes destroyed my singing voice, so glad I've quit those.

Attachments

• Mia.gif
    Mia.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 32

Nesher

Hi, does anyone have any advice for a person with NO water in their chart.... I am mainly fire and a dash of earth and air. How could this lack of water manifest? Should it indicate lack of emotions? Because I am the total opposite.... VERY emotional.... too emotional. I've been told that my emotions may be due to natal Mercury in the 12th in the house of Pisces ( but Mercury is in Aries). Chiron is conjunct Mercury too and Pluto is opposite in natal chart. I would love to hear anyone's advice for getting myself more calm and balanced!!!! I'd be happy to trade some of my fire for water! Anyone????

Joz

Hi, does anyone have any advice for a person with NO water in their chart.... I am mainly fire and a dash of earth and air. How could this lack of water manifest? Should it indicate lack of emotions? Because I am the total opposite.... VERY emotional.... too emotional. I've been told that my emotions may be due to natal Mercury in the 12th in the house of Pisces ( but Mercury is in Aries). Chiron is conjunct Mercury too and Pluto is opposite in natal chart. I would love to hear anyone's advice for getting myself more calm and balanced!!!! I'd be happy to trade some of my fire for water! Anyone????

Overall, finding ways to ground your energies may be helpful, i.e. how would you practically (earth) apply your ideals (fire) and make them responsive (water) to others?

I think the goal is embrace the energies that are yours to gain more awareness about them, and then you can find clues there about how to get them in balance.

An old but fave book by Betty Lundsted "Astrological Insights Into Personality" is a good source to learn more about how to balance your elements, and she provides case studies to make her points.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Horus

I'll trade with you! I'm overstocked in water! You can have my Venus in Scorpio. :tongue:

Look to your Moon, Neptune and placements in houses 4,8, and 12 and make more of them. And detox regularly.

Mercury in Aries can be irritable, and frustrated by blurry thoughts in the "House of Troubles". This placement requires regular, concentrative meditation in order to navigate this house successfully, and that will also aid emotional calm and balance too.

bittermoon

I lack both fire (only Neptune and MC in Sagg.) and earth (only Pluto in Virgo). I'm all water and air and I wouldn't want to have it any other way. I have more than plenty dreams but just enough fire and earth to go after them and materialise them, though sometimes it takes Herculean efforts do so.

It becomes a problem if you indeed have no drive to get up and go. If you're lacking a certain element, it might mean you have to put in the extra effort, but you're definitely not *doomed*. At least to me it does.

Nesher

Thanks lovely people for replying, all good advice. Horus, I have Neptune in Sag in my 8th house which I feel is the placement that I understand least in my chart. It's trine to Mercury in 12th which is also very close to Chiron..... Any ideas on this placement? How would you interpret it and what could I focus on to make it work for me? How does it relate to getting balanced/grounded?

Natasha

A few thoughts are -:
Lack of earth can tend to be ungrounded. Eating protein in each meal can help and remembering to eat proper meals regularly. Also having rituals (routines) in one’s life can help too. A good Saturn aspect can help to some extent eg Saturn conjunct a luminary or personal planet

Lack of fire can have a problem with motivation and getting started. Having Mars in aspect to a personal planet or luminary can help.

Lack of water can indicate that we can feel disconnected from the feeling function. Aspects to the moon may assist.

Lack of air may have a mistrust of theoretical ideas or intellectual concepts. They may tend to like to learn from experience and process thu physical or tangible examples and doing.
A prominent mercury or a mercury strongly aspects or on the angles may assist.

In conclusion I feel its about understanding and working with what we having. In doing this we can actually excel in the very areas we found difficult. It does take years tho. My auntie has no earth and has taken 40+ years to figure out how to work around this. The no earth example is drawn from her experiance.

Last edited:

LittleMiss

I have an auntie too actually, without earth in her chart. She has married a very earthy man, who are in charge of among other things: - money, in their relationships. She is very honest about the fact that she thinks handling financial matters are difficult, but he helps her.

Just a thought on how to work around... I lack fire too, and seem to attract alot of firy people as friends and lovers. Always thought that was weird but maybe not?

Vagabondgirl

I only have Uranus in a fire sign (Sagitaurius), but its in my 7th house and a singleton. So some would say its important and stands out in my chart this way?

But I feel also that I lack the energy to bother to go to the gym and so on. On the other hand I can be very calm in difficult situations, and it could be a strength somehow. We are just different like this:)

Ive noticed that I tend to choose a partner with fire dominans, and usually they are sagitaurius by sun and other planets for some reason. Maybe this is the way to compensate? My current sagi boyfriend LOVES to get fit and really helps me alot in getting fit and doing alot of new stuff. Helps a bit with my laziness. I have predominant earth/air and a little water. Sun in libra, gemini ASC, Moon/venus/Mars in virgo, Mercury in scorpio and MC in capricorn.