It's weird

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi Flapjacks!.
Maybe its weird because his uranus /sat is pretty much cj your asc....but before I continue I need to establish a couple of things:
Firstly how were you able to get the professor's birth time and are you sure it's correct?
Personally I dont think synastry charts can tell us if we are going to be with someone-and are only mildly helpful usually due to the fact that one can have *amazing synastry* but still effectively no real relationship with another person.Unless both birth times are accurate the info won't be a big help.
So, before we go on looking, how reliable is this birth info?
In some countries its also illegal for professors to engage in intimate relationships with their students...like where I live, its illegal.I'm aware youre not asking about that, but in case it's a sub-text, it might be better to keep things general from a delineation point of view.
Nothing *fantastic* jumps out at me though, synastry wise here.The trine between your jupiters could describe your connection through ninth house matters, though.(I prefer to put the data into my own program though so i can be more accurate...in this chart its pretty hard to decipher the degrees.)
Cheers
Lillyjgc

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Hi-Venus square Saturn is a poor synastry aspect.You appear to have the Moon opp the sun natally so his jupiter conjuncting the sun end of that opposition could be an overbalancing effect. The mercury squares to Pluto aren't good either, often indicating dogmatic views or overbearing beliefs, creating an uneasy and possibly unhealthy intensity.
Because we don't have the other persons ascendant, we can't tell how you impact on the professor's image, health or persona-pretty important in regard to the question.His sun/venus conjunction falls in your sixth house of daily affairs, as one would expect in a teacher/student relationship, trining jupiter, ruler of universities and higher learning.
If you are wanting to hug this person, my hunch is your feelings arent limited to mentoring.
*His* Jupiter is in your third house, yes but opposed by your moon.I seriously don't see anything here that indicates a relationship of any major significance-not based on this chart anyway-without data its just not going to show us how close aspects are.Without the degrees, how can we tell?
Lilly

Last edited:

Flapjacks

I only wrote minutes on some of those because the degree is 0. I apologize for being unclear. I sent you the birth data cause you asked and I don't want to display it publicly. I wish astro did show the degrees for synastry, but most that do show up there are between 0 and 3 degrees because I like to keep orbs tight.

Yes, my feelings aren't limited to mentoring, but I don't think that gives me the right to pursue them in an inappropriate way. I didn't ask for them but I do intend to learn from them. As far as significance goes, because it is producing significant responses in me I'm trying to find the correlations for that. If it is not "significant" for him it doesn't matter in the context of a teacher/student relationship, although I know I can learn a lot in his classes anyway. I respect the boundaries of such a relationship and so my interest in this synastry is purely for self-discovery in order to better manage my responses, and as you can see with those Pluto squares, are often intense.

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Flap-I just hope his Sat square yr venus doesnt result in you being hurt in some way.When you consider synastry you need to see a few good aspects-the two charts have no trines and only a couple of sextiles...his pluto sextile yr asc wouldnt be of much significance except it implies the contact has an element of transformation.The negative aspects are fairly bad too in terms of this turning out well...sat squ venus, uran. opposite saturn-VERY destabilising that one! Mars squ yr sun/merc..shows how he acts will impact on your self expression and mental clarity-not in a good way. His merc squares the ruler of your mind too, suggesting impediment to clear thinking, for you...
What makes you feel theres something special going on here? I'm curious because these charts arent really saying that to me.
Lil

lillyjgc

Hi EJ,
Usually I'd see Uranus cj the asc as an aspect that causes extreme restlessness.In this case, the Professors Uranus opposes Flap's Saturn, so no, I dont think its a good aspect...but like I mentioned in my first post, that position of Uranus may explain the *weirdness* that Flap experiences in terms of the Prof.
Just a thought.
Lilly

EJ53

Banned
...Usually I'd see Uranus cj the asc as an aspect that causes extreme restlessness.

Initially though, Lilly......is this not an indicator of "love at first sight", and a contact which enables him to be his uninhibited self because that's what she loves most?

In this case, the Professors Uranus opposes Flap's Saturn, so no, I dont think its a good aspect...

But Uranus can teach Saturn to enjoy being in Sagittarius......how to "have life, and have it more abundantly"......before he moves on to the next "project" that attracts his fleeting attention.:biggrin:

Good to exchange comments with you again, Lilly.

EJ:smile:

Mtle640

Some observations that can help explain why you are attracted to him:

His Mercury conjunct your Venus/Mars midpoint: You are turned on by his intelligence and the way he express it (his merc. cj. his mars).

His Saturn square your Venus and conjunct your ASC: Karmic tie aspect. Strong initial attraction to encourage the creation of a stable, bonding relationship but then, emotional repression, coldness will gradually develop. Often, the Saturn person will be hyper-critical towards the ASC person. Love can turn to hate (violence may be a feature if Mars conflictual aspects is also involved). That is how karma is worked out with bad Saturn aspects. Plenty of strong positive aspects (involving venus and/or jupiter) elsewhere in the synastry is needed to counter-balance and keep the negative impact of a Saturn affliction at a manageable level for long term.
Emotional maturity level (not age!) of the partners (especially Saturn one) can also help avoid the negativity.

His Jupiter oppose your Moon: Can stimulate you to be over-emotional when you interact with him or even when just thinking about him.

Saturn is ruler of you 8th house and also conjunct your DSC can explain sexual attraction to much older partners and mentor/pupil relationships.

Also, the tight Saturn-Uranus opposition cannot be a good sign if we look at the mythology even though it is a generational aspect.

Last edited:

Mtle640

From what you described (the nebulous, conflicting behaviours), I think it is a possibility that he is also attracted to you but is trying very to hard to hide it :bandit:(for professional and ethical reasons) by showing coolness and disinterest when he might actually be feeling the opposite inside. But it is hard to perfectly hide strong feelings so little bits slip out here and there. It looks like conflicting, weird behaviours and hard to decipher, but if you fit the bits together you get clues to better understand what is going on :rightful:. Common acquaintances and associates can be helpful to gain more insight, but away keep it subtle.

I see that he has Sun, Venus, Mercury and Mars all in Scorpio plus Mars square Pluto. That is a lot of plutonic energy so he may be secretive and hard to figure out so this certainly makes the hypothesis more plausible.

You have Pluto square Mercury so you should avoid letting this build into an obsession:ninja: :biggrin:.