ok , its weird but,

rubyelixir

Re: Uranian thread

There are three kinds of lies: Lies, dam* lies and statistics.
--Benjamin Disraeli
AGREED

Poor miquar was blindsided by that New York Cabbie reply technique =oP

"The strategy to deal with his internal lunar/Pluto ideation is shored up in his PERSONIFICATION of females--glamorous females. I think he LOVES beautiful woman and the euphoria and freedom which he derives from this personification (as reflected in the 12 house Uranus trine Jupiter 4th)
I think he NEEDS them."
- RIGHT ON!

"If there is any anxiety it is relieved with the Uranian influence as i wrote earlier. But, let's get this right, I submit he is REFLECTING HIS OWN FEMALE FROM WITHIN HIMSELF AND IMAGES OF DOMINANT BEAUTIES OF THE CULTURE AT LARGE rather than any "wounding". (But ill take a Lacanian sense of inverted "lack") The grand trine includes Venus 3, Mars 10 and Chiron 6th near the DC! --HELLO! He is a friend of females. "
- PRECISELY!!!

" (Books of interest: Sex At Dawn by Ryan & Jetha, Genome by M. Ridley, Delusions of Gender by Cordelia Fine)"
- I MIGHT NEED TO CHECK THESE OUT ;o)

Does Fred also enjoy an innocent love of feet--foot fetish, nice shoes? Ditto for females being friends of Fred (Venus, Neptune 3rd) as well as the famous playboy wife (Oriental Pluto conj ASC).
- OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Im not even going to explain y I said OMG , I think u know

"The promittor Saturn is in its own sign of Capricorn in the fifth house, dignified by sign but opposite by house position (since Capricorn rules the 10th and this is in the 5th) which renders it more than noteworthy --a type of house detriment."
= I DONT KNOW WHAT A PROMITTOR IS BUT I THINK I MAY BE THE "PERMITTER" in that my sun is 11 degrees CAP EXACTLY riding on his Saturn (yeah he can be my lil slut & he LOVES it LOL!!!!

" Whenever I see something like 4:30AM sharp or any other near perfect rounded number I take a second look since hospitals are known to record as much as 15 minutes late."
= Very Perceptive! He is "not sure " of the time but thinks its around 4:30 am(btw my son WAS born at EXACTLY 8 pm)

" (I also wonder about their marriage? Was it one of sibling-like familiarity? I think so...or even, at times, ever-so-softly lesbian-like? "
- GEEZ MAN! He IS A LESBO!!!! & the first to admit it too!!!! He told me he was a bartender at the PB club & when he saw her acress the room the first thing he saw was her bright red shiny lipstick & said to himself "now THAT i'm going to marry!!!"

"This also suggests why the 6th house Chiron in the grand trine with third house Venus and Mars is NOT wounding--can you say "talk therapy", communication?"
we can talk for hours and he always says THANK YOU like I performed some kind of healing on him!

...and with the second house Mercury and Sun PLUS the Uranian 12th trine to Jupiter AND the 5th house Saturn we have a late life singer/Performer. I bet "Frederique" has a nice voice too and can sing. I further wonder if he could also write a book on the subject $$$?)
- FIRST NEGATIVE SOS No on the voice, and its all too new to him seeing it is that he is only just now coming "Out" and only to me. LOL I call him "My ***** & Fredrikka" which he LOVES!!!!

*Note: Scienceofself's Jupiter is in Gemini ; )
do u xdress? =oD

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Re: Some notes on uranian glamgirl

Please dont Miquar! SOS, being a new member, a professional astrologer & ESP & Most importantly , a NEW YAWKER- isn't yet familiar with what might be construed as offensive here. New Yorkers are competitive and ALWAYS under fire. Every day is a confrontation there so they are automatically in battle mode- I know I was one ;o) Just look at it as constructive criticism.New Yorkers are blunt & tuff because of the turf in which they reside, it goes with the territory. You gotta be quick, sharp, and fast to make it in NY so please try not to take offense too easily. the best approach is a reply with confidence not to run away. Even if its something you are unsure of or mistaken, owning it is best. Making it humorous is even better! Perhaps in the future you could be a bit clearer on why you make such a chilling analogy. After all , my friend is NOT a killer or criminal and making that kind of reference assumes his situation is a negative. I understood it, but it did seem kinda harsh and far fetched in the way you put it.
Not everyone is at the same level of Astrology here & we are ALL learning, heck I've been at it for 30 years now & I still feel like a novice!
So please realize that all comments are contributing to our growth as astrologers

New Yorkers are busy, rushed, don't take **** from others, very independent, appear to be rude and always dealing with people in a crowded place of 8 million other residents around them.

I happen to be Californian, southern half, from the desert or Inland Empire. The land of suburbanites, gangsta rap video set ghettos, long distance commuters, yuppies, the retirees, more conservative seniors, more liberal baby-boomers, valley girls, surfer boys, new age thinking and born-again Christian megachurches.

Stereotypes: we all have them about ourselves and each other. The real problem is whether or not we believe them. Same applies (back on topic) about astrological zodiacs and the people whose sign rules or guides them.

I'm still a novice to astrology, at times I lost interest after I became very fascinated about astrology and the related science astronomy debunked horoscopes, as well religion and the paranormal realm to things. But I'm back and understood more about astrology to have them make sense and it does make sense to me.

Dear uranian thread

Dear Uranian thread,

"Primum non nocere"

My first intention when I see a chart like the one presented by rubyelixer is to give it my full attention, especially since the client's real name was posted in error (to which the poster truly apologized for BTW) and also because the topic at hand--cross dressing, "otherness" and gender identity--is front and center in our current national, as well as global discussion. Whether the J. Edgar Hoover cross dressing rumor mill, South African track runner Castor Semenya's record runs, XX / XY special "trans-guests" on Oprah or Middlesex novel by Jeffrey Eugenides (the list is long in many fields) this topic touches a deep nerve culturally. It is also a blazing hot area of genetic, neurological and academic research creating social discourse and, unsurprisingly, social strife. Most importantly, since I live in Manhattan, I also have had many transgendered astrological clients, so I felt authorized to comment. This is key. I wrote about what I have direct experience with.

My astrological attention is mostly Hippocratic in disposition--"Do no harm" --especially since Astrology, for better or worse, in its contemporary form has become "psychological astrology". We are astro-shrinks. (This fusion of its [Astrology] ancient religious roots alongside deeply medical ones coinciding with the emerging 19th century field of psychology coupled with the transcendentalist / spiritualist movement was a boon to Astrology in general and is an interesting historical subject in itself to study.)

The Hippocratic Corpus in Epidemics helps us: "The physician must...have two special objects in view...namely, to do good or to do no harm".

I chose "good" first followed by "do no harm". So, again, my first responsibility and intention was to the client "Fred" and not to "put down" or condescend to anyone including, most especially, any other astro-community members.

(I also wanted to share that I don't speak with any type of "New Yawker" accent or subscribe to any "tough", "take no ****" New York generalizations. I'm World traveled, have lived in Asia and could write a book on the subject of New York since I was born in Greenwich Village.)

With that said, I will now share some vexing thoughts about Astrology as it relates to community sites. I came across this astro-site one recent late evening and simply decided to take a look. I do not spend much time on these type of sites nor am I a member of any due to my own busy schedule as well as what I see as a repetitive tendency toward extreme astrological relativism and appropriating nonsense, i.e., members simply rehashing what they have read by some astrological author while trying to sound important yet, simultaneously, couching all their answers with qualifiers, approximations and interpretive fence sitting so they will not be seen as "wrong" or accused of narrow vision --sorry.

My feeling is that even with all the planets and current astrological bodies to chose from --and there are many, too many perhaps--it is still possible to reflect a sound astrological interpretation. A trine is still 120 degrees and a square is still 90 degrees while keeping in mind not everything is set in stone. Given enough information and experience a competent astrologer can work through a chart provided they have a praxis to do so. The question here is whether some members have the praxis --or ability--to do so. (Another question is naturally posed: does contemporary Astrology in general, in all its myriad, albeit nebulous forms, offer a sound praxis?...reading from the chart first handed not regurging different astrobook's systems and styles? We really do have a "post-modern" astrology and something of a crisis if we are honest.)

My feelings in regard to the community member "Miquar" are not personal but I do have to say that Miquar's first reading was, simply stated, wrong (despite Miquar's admonishing quote by Goethe). Miquar included two aspects in error while missing another and still insensitively pushed for the inappropriate inclusion of L. Green's statistics on violent psychopathology, i.e., murderers, and then went on to describe a trine as being the guilty "wounding" aspect to make the case. I was actually understanding about this--everyone makes errors, no problem-- but when Miquar included the inappropriate statistics while adding: "...I can't think of anything else to add...my psychoanalytical knowledge is pretty sparse." I decided to weigh in on the discussion responsibly. My included quote by B. Disraeli was not a "blindside" but a defense. I will state it clearly: If you have no praxis, read aspects in error, push offensive statistics that don't apply and then wrap it all up with the clincher, "My psychoanalytic knowledge is pretty sparse", maybe you shouldn't be commenting, especially as it relates to this very particular psychological chart? (You could also generally glean from my statistical retort that its inclusion signalled an error was present--a sign.)

I found it noteworthy that Miquar would then play wounded --as if Miquar were the victim--after the damaging commentary that was made by Miquar. Incredibly, the gist of the whole thread (even Fred's Uranian turn itself) is the concept of "empathy". Miquar writes: "...since it is the lack of lunar empathy that largely defines the psychopathic personality." This forced inclusion begs the question: Where is your lunar empathy? (BTW, You won't get too many takers on Venus trine Chiron "wounding" especially among Magi astrologers.) The whole concept of "wounding" needs to be revisited as it has been passed down through a generation of therapeutic styled soothsayers in books and practice. The concept would benefit from being correctly identified as it relates to the integrity of each chart in singularity. Essentially, It is an overused term that pervades current astrological nomenclature and prevents an engagement with other possibilities of the chart.
In my New York playbook--if there is one-- Miquar should apologize to Fred and the community for being in an eccentric, irresponsible orbit --an "errant body" if you will.

What is also interesting is Miquar's use of an apparent (?) 18th century German literature quote that Miquar attributes to Goethe: "To be uncertain is to be uncomfortable, to be certain is to be ridiculous". No doubt Miquar uses it to soften up the astro-commentary in an attempt to be viewed as "worldly" or "open minded"--even as the quote's actual origins are in question since they are attributed to ancient China--
but the real literary irony is as it relates to cross dressing because the quoted author, Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, publicly demonstrated his own cross dressing and transvestic inclinations when he took his own mother's luxurious full length red fur coat and famously donned it for an unforgettable public skate across the frozen river in his home city prior to writing his first best seller, The Sorrows of Young Werther, published in 1774!
It was such a flaming spectacle that it made the news. Old engravings even memorialized it as did popular articles. In fact, recent scholarship has identified deep themes of transvestism/transgendering in Goethe's life and work (e.g., see pgs. 258-260 Sexual Personae, Camille Paglia). Hermes would be proud--LOL.

While I applaud anyone taking part in a conversation--I mean, it's simply fun and it is a public site --I felt that this particular chart and the circumstances surrounding it deserved a responsible reply even as I ushered in a very urbane tongue in the initial post. Make no mistake though, the description may have been a glittery confection but the chart analysis was as serious as Ole Saturn with some Uranus and Pluto for good measure.

I will suggest a new quote for Miquar's use:

"Out of moderation a pure happiness springs"
--Goethe

Sidereally,
Science of Self

PS: I acknowledge uncertainty everywhere. Indeterminacy rules, especially scientifically. Our individual lives and our Universe as a whole are woven with it; yet, unbelievably, we can navigate this ocean of possibilities...if we know how.

Last edited:
The Dark Sun and The Neon Kabuki Starlet

Rubyelixer,
My apologies for being absent. I promised I would look at your ringy chart --which I will do-- but for now after a quick glance it appears that you're an artist--a painter in all likelihood with a photographic /media chart too. Since you're a late OX with a cusped Saturn in late Capricorn and a Jupiter in the fifth house of Aquarius (very Tiger sign-like nonetheless) with a powerful stellium in the fourth making trines to the 12th with Uranus and Pluto.
You probably are creating children's images of some sort with an emphasis on miniaturization as the fourth house brings with it modes of nostalgia, (miniaturization would be a type of analogous motif of childhood with the fourth house and Saturn nearby.) You have a winter Sun so the paintings may bear a strange lighting too...have you ever seen El Greco's moody skies? Overall it's a blend of Mercury MC and its placement in the fourth versus the 12th house trine to H4 and Jupiter in H5-Topicality versus Depth. While Saturn rules "time" its presence in the fifth suggests (along with Jupiter) that you will be attracted to POP modes and the weird sublime...How about illustrating a cool children's book or making your own? Weird antique candy? (Steam punk will get your eye but overall its too dark for your candy colored Mercury.)
Did you watch cartoons growing up?...Check out Kenny Scharf's paintings.

You would probably blend this wintering effect to fourth house "curios"--objet trouve' in many different forms.
Since you have the two large historically masculine planets [Jupiter and Saturn] in the fifth house while being an evening birth the planetary effect is akin to an "inverted sun"--daylit and solarizing but dark and moody. This produces a weird sublime artistically speaking yet it is sensitive and understanding of others--truly sympathetic. I bet you really are a good friend. Do you collect interesting objects?

Do you like the magic hour between dusk and dark? Yes, I think you do.

The chart also points to makeup and "display" in general as you have a Mercury ruled midheaven (disposited into the fourth house stellium and the 12th Uranus) as well as theater. Harajuku district? Kabuki anyone? Better yet, you dream of being a neon lit Kabuki starlet while riding a magic glissando of synthesized koto music. You are lovely. You are crazy. You are crazy lovely. (Something tells me that you are pretty too.)

I know a woman with a slightly similar chart who knits! If you were to knit they would be mixtures of yarned abstraction filling in for the moodiness plus the above mentioned motifs--like a spider's web of ornamentation--check out Judy Pfaffs work for ideas or perhaps Laurie Simmons (funny but too serious) or even older still life painters from the Beaux arts period. Check out old Dutch still life painter Willem Kalf too.

Im going to bed now. Ill pick this up over the weekend...an island of weird toys comes to mind or candy. On another note, have you ever painted glass or been entranced with stained glass? (Church stained glass comes to mind--Uranus 12) If you created your own it would be very interesting since it would be inspired by new motifs. Imagine your paintings in stained glass? Also sheer transparency is interesting...a minimalist paring down to achieve sublimity.

Thank you.

PS: Check out the Japanese band "Tripple Nipple". You will enjoy--lol.

Sidereally,
Science of Self

Last edited:

rubyelixir

Re: Dear uranian thread

"Out of moderation a pure happiness springs"
--Goethe

Sidereally,
Science of Self

PS: I acknowledge uncertainty everywhere. Indeterminacy rules, especially scientifically. Our individual lives and our Universe as a whole are woven with it; yet, unbelievably, we can navigate this ocean of possibilities...if we know how.

um all i have to say is you are one awesome being my friend ;o)

rubyelixir

Re: The Dark Sun and The Neon Kabuki Starlet

Rubyelixer,
My apologies for being absent. I promised I would look at your ringy chart --which I will do-- but for now after a quick glance it appears that you're an artist--a painter in all likelihood. Since you're a Tiger with a cusped Saturn in late Capricorn and a Jupiter in the fifth house of Aquarius with a powerful stellium in the fourth making trines to the 12th with Uranus and Pluto.
You probably are creating children's images of some sort with an emphasis on miniaturization as the fourth house brings with it modes of nostalgia, (miniaturization would be a type of analogous motif of childhood with the fourth house and Saturn nearby.) You have a winter Sun so the paintings may bear a strange lighting too...have you ever seen El Greco's moody skies? Overall it's a blend of Mercury MC and its placement in the fourth versus the 12th house trine to H4 and Jupiter in H5-Topicality versus Depth. While Saturn rules "time" its presence in the fifth suggests (along with Jupiter) that you will be attracted to POP modes and the weird sublime...How about illustrating a cool children's book or making your own? Weird antique candy? (Steam punk will get your eye but overall its too dark for your candy colored Mercury.)
Did you watch cartoons growing up?...Check out Kenny Scharf's paintings.

You would probably blend this wintering effect to fourth house "curios"--objet trouve' in many different forms.
Since you have the two large historically masculine planets [Jupiter and Saturn] in the fifth house while being an evening birth the planetary effect is akin to an "inverted sun"--daylit and solarizing but dark and moody. This produces a weird sublime artistically speaking yet it is sensitive and understanding of others--truly sympathetic. I bet you really are a good friend. Do you collect interesting objects?

Do you like the magic hour between dusk and dark? Yes, I think you do.

The chart also points to makeup and display in general as you have a Mercury ruled midheaven (disposited into the fourth house stellium and the 12th Uranus) as well as theater. Harajuku district? Kabuki anyone? Better yet, you dream of being a neon lit Kabuki starlet while riding a magic glissando of synthesized koto music. You are lovely. You are crazy. You are crazy lovely. (Something tells me that you are pretty too.)

I know a woman with a slightly similar chart who knits! If you were to knit they would be mixtures of yarned abstraction filling in for the moodiness plus the above mentioned motifs--like a spider's web of ornamentation--check out Judy Pfaffs work for ideas or perhaps Laurie Simmons (funny but too serious) or even older still life painters from the Beaux arts period. Check out old Dutch still life painter Willem Kalf too.

Im going to bed now. Ill pick this up over the weekend...an island of weird toys comes to mind or candy. On another note, have you ever painted glass or been entranced with stained glass? (Church stained glass comes to mind--Uranus 12) If you created your own it would be very interesting since it would be inspired by new motifs. Imagine your paintings in stained glass? Also sheer transparency is interesting...a minimalist paring down to achieve sublimity.

Thank you.

PS: Check out the Japanese band "Triple Nipple". You will enjoy--lol.

Sidereally,
Science of Self

Oh My GLOB!!!!!!!!! U are unBELIEVABLE!!!!!! Your precise-ness is uncanny! check out my art work-lighting-making miniature things BIGGER- & Above all TOYS!!!! You will really enjoy my statement about myself on the link lol

http://www.saatchionline.com/rubyelixir

I know Kenny (Scharf) Personally , my brother, who is an animator , directed a cartoon w him called "the groovinians" and they are close friends .....whoa

You are SCARY!!!!!! I gotta check that band ;oP
Yes I like strange things YES I LOVE dark & the Night ESP MAGIC HOUR!!!!! when you read my little bio-g on saatchi ur head will be a noddin. ?You basically quoted me !

I do love HARI-Juku! Make up & Disply??? Hello???? I used to do windows for Guess & a few stores in L.A.!
I love cartoons! my favorite right now is ADVENTURE TIME on Cartoon Network its amazing. Strange how you pegged the bright colors w a dark side (inverted sunlight? wow how EXACT!, I need to use that one) I have a bfa in costume design extensive art background , I designed the film "Mom and Dad Save the World" for one, very dark yet cartoony and light sort of Tim Burton only lighter.

Altough i do LOVE the artists you mentioned, I love Lucas Cranach, Max Ernst, Dali, Magritte,Sabina Ott, to name a few which brings me to maxfield parrish And YES stained glass absolutely!

ok my heads' spinning now , I gotta take a yoga class & calm down....Ty for the crazy/lovely compliment , Im blushing

Working for saturn

(Cont.)...the presence of a Uranus in the 12th house also suggests photography, especially as Mercury is the Midheaven ruler and disposits to the 4th and then to the 12th. Many astrological books speak of the reception between these two planets--octaves of each other--so, in addition to being visually inclined you would also, perhaps, work in a creative way for big media--Television, Magazine, Internet. The presence of Saturn in the last decan (minute really) of Capricorn in the Fifth no less reinforces this more. The concept of "controlled time" or "past time" is here. (thus my earlier intuition of "Kabuki")

With Jupiter in the Fifth of Aquarius, theatrical displays is indicated too...maybe set design or "staging" of some type for a Capricornian/Aquarian industry. If we follow planetary rulerships more than just domestic or children's themes are indicated as 12H Pluto makes contact to the fourth too.

I am hard pressed to include the very easily had--too easily had actually--themes of radioactivity or destruction (or 'transformation") but sex or sexuality fits better since we have the interior planets in the stellium and the Moon conjunct Neptune in the 2nd house of Scorpio--The "body" --female body--in general comes to mind and its presentation...so we have now a collection of ideas: magazine, media, interiors, theater, make-up and "female anatomy" plus the 12th house. Well, "stylist" comes to mind...if it weren't medical photography (sonograms or xray) I would have to suggest, ahem, old fashioned "men's entertainment", I mean, we do have a sextile in the 2nd of Scorpio to the 12th...and a sqaure from this Female Moon/Neptune conjunction in Scorpio to Jupiter in the fifth of Aquarius...Flash, flash.

We work for Saturn don't we?...blush

Sidereally,
SoS

Last edited:

rubyelixir

Re: Working for saturn

but sex or sexuality fits better since we have the interior planets in the stellium and the Moon conjunct Neptune in the 2nd house of Scorpio--The "body" in general comes to mind and its presentation...so, magazine, media, interiors, theater, and "anatomy". Well, if it weren't medical photography i.e., I would have to suggest, ahem, old fashioned "men's entertainment", I mean, we do have a sextile in the 2nd of Scorpio to the 12th...and a sqaure from this Female Moon/Neptune conjunction in Scorpio to Jupiter in the fifth of Aquarius...Flash, flash.

We work for Saturn don't we?...blush

Sidereally,
SoS

I wrote you a note earlier , I worked for Playboy for 6 years!!!!
U are pretty darn good! I want you to do my transits/ solar return chart...I sent my info to ur email box here PRETTY PLEASE?? I would ;love to hear your interp for the year ahead if you do those

rubyelixir

The Dark Sun

I know a woman with a slightly similar chart who knits! If you were to knit they would be mixtures of yarned abstraction filling in for the moodiness plus the above mentioned motifs--like a spider's web of ornamentation--
after reading your msg I read this , by chance, posted by a friend on my facebook- Synchronicity?

http://www.treehugger.com/culture/yarn-bombing-graffiti-cozies-up-cold-cityscapes.html

Also even tho I feel more Tiger , I was told my year 62 Jan1 was Ox =o(