Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects

Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects For astrology talks on fixed stars, Chiron, Sedna, Eris or any other newly discovered or little known cosmic object.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Unread 01-17-2022, 03:28 PM
psychoEclipse psychoEclipse is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 93
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbery View Post
Love this.

For every night, there is a day.

For every ying, there is a yang.

Algol CAN be horrific but CAN be extremely creative, abundant & positive.

Many prominent artists or 'bohemians' have a tight Algol conjunction to an important planet. Frida Kahlo has Moon conjunct Algol.
There's no good or evil, as I explained before...my evil is not the same definition as the evil of others and viceversa.

Destruction is the key for something better to reborn, yet it doesn't mean that what is destroyed is what will reborn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbery View Post
Very good example of the 'demon' aspect of Algol working with the Nodes.

The war started in March 2003 with LIES from the USA about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. It was all a pretext to grab the oil in Iraq without paying for it & having US control a large part of the Middle East.

They illegal killed the leader of Iraq, Saddam Hussein & reduced the
country to rubble.

Thousands died because of war crimes perpetrated by the US Military & their allies. Both George Bush & Tony Blair are considered WAR CRIMINALS by the Hague & should both be arrested & executed.

ALGOL at its worst in this time. Children were blown up & killed by the thousands by the US/UK & were considered ' collateral damage' by the demon nations who murdered them.
Algol was in an important position, creating strong aspects with other astrological objects, during many catastrophes in human history.

You should check where Algol was during WW2, if you're interested about such topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbery View Post
I appreciate the thread psychoEclipse.

Good comments.
Thanks, I appreciate that you understood what I meant almost perfectly.


Last edited by psychoEclipse; 01-17-2022 at 03:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to psychoEclipse For This Useful Post:
blackbery (01-17-2022)
  #52  
Unread 01-17-2022, 03:48 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 6,423
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Friends,
This is just a suggestion, an offering.
How might it be if we discussed how Algol works in charts and refrained from discussion of religion, morality, ethics and who is right or wrong in those arenas?
That way an interesting and perhaps illuminating conversation can open up of for us all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbery View Post
Both George Bush & Tony Blair are considered WAR CRIMINALS by the Hague & should both be arrested & executed.

I believe we formed a consensus to refrain from talking about religion, morality, ethics, right/wrong and focus on deepening our understanding of Algol. Not sure if we still feel that way, but thought I would bring it up to reconsider, so we can avoid being diverted down other paths more suitable for other threads?
__________________
Ilene

Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 01-17-2022, 03:53 PM
blackbery blackbery is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 4,770
Re: Algol during 2022

Tony Blair, who was a co-spirator with George Bush to illegally invade Iraq, called himself a Christian doing 'God's work' while the Uk/US Military blew up innocent civilians, incl children/babies, slaughtered Iraqis by the tens o thousands & destroyed the country which was emerging as a global power with the abundant oil fields.

Blair has Jupiter conjunct Algol, using religion as a means to achieve his demonic agenda.

He could have used his power & creativity to STOP the slaughter but chose to use his powerful Algol energy to 'decapitate' an innocent country & rob it of its natural resources.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2atw_tony_blair.60451.183217.jpg (52.5 KB, 1 views)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 01-17-2022, 03:56 PM
blackbery blackbery is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 4,770
Re: Algol during 2022

Please don't try to stifle FREE SPEECH; we have enough of that already.
We are not living in Commie Chyna.

The topic is Algol & I can post about it in whatever context I deem suitable.

Thank you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
I believe we formed a consensus to refrain from talking about religion, morality, ethics, right/wrong and focus on deepening our understanding of Algol. Not sure if we still feel that way, but thought I would bring it up to reconsider, so we can avoid being diverted down other paths more suitable for other threads?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 01-17-2022, 04:20 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,715
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I mean what are your sources. I am aware of the stars you mention, because I have books on fixed stars. Some have the ones you mentioned in one book others are of individual stars or asteroids. That’s why I want to know what you are using for a source of your orbs.

Thanks!

The late Diana Rosenberg,
"Ye Olde Fixed Stars" her then web site, studied for many years, and watched the fixed stars in particular of more worthwhile note (from the ancients) - as I did, for years and also wrote a book which is solely about Algol, believing it was worth a title of it's own
https://darkstarastrology.com/diana-k-rosenberg/


https://ye-stars.com/WP/

We both agreed along with Wm. Lilly that Algol and some other fixed stars (the Persian Royal stars), deserve a much wider berth, especially for Algol, because of it's ability to do great harm. Sometimes this harm is within, sometimes without. .... I would think it's dependent upon the soul's needs in a particular lifetime, suggesting that not everyone will "Lose their heads:". lol.


For example, in my home, my husband has this fixed star in his 7th house of "committed relationships, and contracts also covered here - ".... He had a terrible time earlier in life, (and me too by osmosis with some contracts he signed.
They appeared just fine, but they all came back to haunt him eventually. And yes, Algol, was terrible for him as a 3 degree conjunction with his fated NN . I do believe however, he learned a lot, mainly, not to be so trusting in the business world.


Opal and others wanting more sources: I have more, but it likely would take going back to my own book, and Kindle doesn't allow me to do this, so I'd have to look for my old notes. There ARE many others, but until about 15 y rs ago or so, people held tight to the tighter orbs for every fixed star, except for a minority of astrologers, myself included. Sometimes, you simply have to study on your own, (thousands of charts), and THEN come to one's own determination as the aforementioned have done.
__________________
Author of Kindle eBooks on Astrology, fixed stars and critical degrees. PM me for details...

Last edited by leomoon; 01-17-2022 at 04:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 01-17-2022, 04:32 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,715
Re: Algol during 2022

IMO, it's very important for all in Astrology work, to be quite aware of the propensity for harm from "some" well known fixed stars, Algol included, BUT, we also need to not be so personal in our work. In other words, just because Algol is prominent in someone's natal chart does not then transfer to the personality of the person. Although it certainly may be the case, in many many cases, it's simply best seen as "really bad luck" in life.



Best not to pre-judge.
Here is a quote I particuarly liked and agreed with from the late Diana Rosenberg, that I included in my writings because it speaks to what I believe as I just said:


short bio:
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Rosenberg,_Diana_K.


Diana Rosenberg Algol and Soldiers:


Quote:
Though it is often found in the horoscopes of criminals, having Algol prominent on a nativity does not necessarily mean one will commit or experience violence, it is rather that one will not be able to remain aloof from that level of human experience and will be led to come to terms with it in some manner.
A journalist may be assigned to cover tragedies….a medical student may be assigned to a trauma center (in medicine the treatment of pain is called Algology!), a soldier witnesses terrible slaughter, a war veteran suffers flashbacks; an Algol placement compels confrontation and assimilation of these harsh aspects of human experience…Under the influence of Perseus, whose head and arm are here, they desire to make a difference, with the idea of “rescuing” people, social groups or nations from their ills”. [Diana Rosenberg from her Blog]


My husband had been in the U.S. Coast Guard during Vietnam, in the States and not overseas., yet he had to pull many a dead body out of the oceans, and waterways, which changes a person forever., especially when you are young as he was at only 19. His NN cj. Algol 7th hs. opposite Jupiter (planet of good luck) in the 1st house.



I have tons of examples btw. PLEASE, I implore you ALL, try and not "bash people", because they happen to be working on experiences in this lifetime, to their soul's betterment, and have Algol in their natal charts. Astrology is not about slamming others with their natal charts. And I've never in all my studies over many decades of the fixed stars, seen Algol work for the happy endings in our charts, rather for learning and sadly sometimes, it can end badly.
__________________
Author of Kindle eBooks on Astrology, fixed stars and critical degrees. PM me for details...

Last edited by leomoon; 01-17-2022 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 01-17-2022, 06:43 PM
psychoEclipse psychoEclipse is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 93
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoEclipse View Post
You should check where Algol was during WW2, if you're interested about such topic.
Here's the chart:
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to psychoEclipse For This Useful Post:
leomoon (01-17-2022)
  #58  
Unread 01-17-2022, 07:35 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,715
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post

There is a war somewhere in the world every year, so if we wait long enough, your prediction will come true. So will many other things you didn't predict that are positive or neutral, so how do we connect what does happen first to the lunar nodes, which I've only personally interpreted in a person's natal or synastry charts, and then to fixed stars, in this case Algol, and its aspects to the nodes? How does the Iraq War relate to the mythology of Algol?

The surprise attack on Iraq's sovereignty :


At 5:34 a.m. Baghdad time on 20 March 2003 (9:34 pm, 19 March EST) the surprise[129] military invasion of Iraq began.[130] There was no declaration of war


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War





Algol does not appear to be relevant in this Event chart, unless it's in parans? But the Kite and the T-Square seem quite relevant to me .



With an apparent magnitude of 2.12, Algol is the second brightest star in Perseus, after Mirfak. It lies at a distance of 90 light years from Earth. In Perseus, Algol marks the head of the Gorgon Medusa, a mythical monster associated with the myth of Perseus, who used her head to turn his enemies to stone.

Looking at all the bright stars over 2 brightness, I don't see Algol anywhere in the heliacal rising or setting stars -


https://www.astro.com/tmpd/c1i0filer...1953.18371.pdf
__________________
Author of Kindle eBooks on Astrology, fixed stars and critical degrees. PM me for details...
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 01-17-2022, 07:42 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,715
Re: Algol during 2022

History: WW2

Sept. 1, 1939:

Adolf Hitler orders extermination of mentally ill through the "T4 Euthanasia Program," arguing that wartime "was the best time for the elimination of the incurably ill


Uranus wide conjunction in 12th of major institutions with fixed star Algol.


The United States, entered WW2 on December 7th, 1941 or as we call it, "Pearl Harbor Day" technically entering the War already in progress


https://www.onthisday.com/photos/pea...or-uss-arizona
__________________
Author of Kindle eBooks on Astrology, fixed stars and critical degrees. PM me for details...
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Unread 01-17-2022, 08:30 PM
psychoEclipse psychoEclipse is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 93
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
The surprise attack on Iraq's sovereignty :


At 5:34 a.m. Baghdad time on 20 March 2003 (9:34 pm, 19 March EST) the surprise[129] military invasion of Iraq began.[130] There was no declaration of war


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War





Algol does not appear to be relevant in this Event chart, unless it's in parans? But the Kite and the T-Square seem quite relevant to me .



With an apparent magnitude of 2.12, Algol is the second brightest star in Perseus, after Mirfak. It lies at a distance of 90 light years from Earth. In Perseus, Algol marks the head of the Gorgon Medusa, a mythical monster associated with the myth of Perseus, who used her head to turn his enemies to stone.

Looking at all the bright stars over 2 brightness, I don't see Algol anywhere in the heliacal rising or setting stars -


https://www.astro.com/tmpd/c1i0filer...1953.18371.pdf
Algol influences is not the same every time, it changes a lot and every aspect can be influencing if connected to other points. During 2003 Algol made several aspects that weren't related to the North Node like 2022 and yet it was exactly during Iraq War. To understand it better the best thing to do is look how Algol moved that whole year, you can't find much by looking at conjunctions to the nodes alone. That's why I consider other aspects too, like trines, oppositions and sextiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
History: WW2

Sept. 1, 1939:

Adolf Hitler orders extermination of mentally ill through the "T4 Euthanasia Program," arguing that wartime "was the best time for the elimination of the incurably ill


Uranus wide conjunction in 12th of major institutions with fixed star Algol.


The United States, entered WW2 on December 7th, 1941 or as we call it, "Pearl Harbor Day" technically entering the War already in progress


https://www.onthisday.com/photos/pea...or-uss-arizona
Algol conjunct Uranus was a strong indicator, but if you look where it created aspects like trines it's obvious what it brought...even without knowing the history related to the WW2.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Unread 01-17-2022, 08:37 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,715
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoEclipse View Post
Algol influences is not the same every time, it changes a lot and every aspect can be influencing if connected to other points. During 2003 Algol made several aspects that weren't related to the North Node like 2022 and yet it was exactly during Iraq War. To understand it better the best thing to do is look how Algol moved that whole year, you can't find much by looking at conjunctions to the nodes alone. That's why I consider other aspects too, like trines, oppositions and sextiles.


Algol conjunct Uranus was a strong indicator, but if you look where it created aspects like trines it's obvious what it brought...even without knowing the history related to the WW2.

What you suggest then, is quite the opposite of all written information as to how to use fixed stars. Not that it's wrong, just goes against the grain of all I've ever read or studied
I've never heard of trines or squares or aspects other then the opp & conj. THAT doesn't mean you are incorrect, perhaps just ahead of your time?


I'll check further.



added: Seems I'm behind the times, is more like it: Here is an interesting Link - and thesis which seems to go along with your own.



https://timenomad.app/documentation/...cal-chart.html
__________________
Author of Kindle eBooks on Astrology, fixed stars and critical degrees. PM me for details...

Last edited by leomoon; 01-17-2022 at 08:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Unread 01-17-2022, 08:46 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,715
Re: Algol during 2022

I'm very happy we are having this discussion now, because I LOVE to learn "new" things too. Always stay opened is my motto!


Time Nomad is someone I've never heard of before either - but the person has some good ideas, and uses Harmonics as well as traditional Astrology when speaking of the Fixed Stars:


Time Nomad

06 October 2021
Quote:
I understand harmonics and think it’s a fascinating direction for research and new ideas. I’d recommend books of John Addey, for example, Harmonic Anthology. Don’t recall him mentioning fixed stars much. The main thing to remember with harmonics is that the higher number you go the more error you get – imprecision of birth time grows very fast as one approaches the 20th harmonic.
Technically speaking, nothing prevents us from applying harmonics to the stars. There may be some interesting results. That probably makes sense in cases of a star to planet conjunctions. Yet individual stars don’t really relate to the Zodiac signs the same way as the planets do, there’s always a risk of not getting meaningful information out of their harmonics.

I don't know this person or their background, but the subject is one I've studied for many years, so I'll be listening, with an opened mind. I'd suggest we all do the same! But personal discovery through your own Chart review, is always imo, the best way to accept or reject a theory




https://timenomad.app/documentation/...cal-chart.html
__________________
Author of Kindle eBooks on Astrology, fixed stars and critical degrees. PM me for details...

Last edited by leomoon; 01-17-2022 at 08:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Unread 01-17-2022, 09:19 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,715
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Bean View Post
That was the time of the attack. Yes, FDR claimed we were in a state of war from that moment, but the actual time was when the USA declared war on Japan, which was December 8. And Germany wasnít declared war on until December 11. And it wasnít in the middle of the night; it would have been in the morning of both days.

Perhaps since you have all the details can you post the charts for us???
__________________
Author of Kindle eBooks on Astrology, fixed stars and critical degrees. PM me for details...
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Unread 01-17-2022, 09:27 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 33,559
Smile Re: Algol during 2022

So, Algol=violence.

It has a cycle of brightness, and there were ancients who wouldn't begin a battle when Algo wasn't at its brightest.

It's a battle star.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Unread 01-17-2022, 09:45 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,513
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
The surprise attack on Iraq's sovereignty :


At 5:34 a.m. Baghdad time on 20 March 2003 (9:34 pm, 19 March EST) the surprise[129] military invasion of Iraq began.[130] There was no declaration of war


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War





Algol does not appear to be relevant in this Event chart, unless it's in parans? But the Kite and the T-Square seem quite relevant to me .



With an apparent magnitude of 2.12, Algol is the second brightest star in Perseus, after Mirfak. It lies at a distance of 90 light years from Earth. In Perseus, Algol marks the head of the Gorgon Medusa, a mythical monster associated with the myth of Perseus, who used her head to turn his enemies to stone.

Looking at all the bright stars over 2 brightness, I don't see Algol anywhere in the heliacal rising or setting stars -


https://www.astro.com/tmpd/c1i0filer...1953.18371.pdf
So, are you saying Algol was or was not relevant?

Looking at this chart, I see no relevance with Algol. https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Iraq_War_(2003)

The start of WWII had some Saturn action near Algol, but I'm not sure I'd count it as being in orb. Perhaps.
https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/World_War_II

I have a feeling if one goes through the major wars, it's gonna be very spotty finding an Algol hit, although if you're willing to connect any planet or other entity and give it a wide orb, I guess you could get lucky.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Unread 01-17-2022, 09:47 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,715
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
So, Algol=violence.

It has a cycle of brightness, and there were ancients who wouldn't begin a battle when Algol wasn't at its brightest.

It's a battle star.

Algol is the "blinking star" or "winking"


Algol is a variable star , Algol is a known variable star, which waxes and wanes in brightness. The early stargazers surely knew about its changing brightness. This probably led them to name the strangely behaving star in a sky full of steadily shining stars for a mythological demon.


From Earth Sky:
https://earthsky.org/brightest-stars...he-demon-star/



There are many variable stars known throughout the heavens, but Algol might well be the most famous of them all. The Demon Star brightens and dims with clockwork regularity, completing one cycle in two days, 20 hours, and 49 minutes. Plus, you can view its entire cycle with your eye alone.
Algolís variation is easy to observe. At its brightest, Algol shines about three times more brightly than at its faintest. When it reaches maximum brilliance, Algol matches the brightness of the nearby second-magnitude star Almach. At minimum, Algolís light output fades to that of the star Epsilon Persei.
Modern-day astronomy has unlocked the secret of Algolís mood swings. Itís an eclipsing binary star. This kind of binary is composed of two stars, with each star revolving around the other. From Earth, we see the orbital plane of this binary star almost exactly edge-on. Therefore, when the dimmer of the two stars swings in front of the brighter star, we see Algol at minimum brightness.
__________________
Author of Kindle eBooks on Astrology, fixed stars and critical degrees. PM me for details...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leomoon For This Useful Post:
passiflora (01-17-2022)
  #67  
Unread 01-17-2022, 09:50 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,715
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
So, are you saying Algol was or was not relevant?

Looking at this chart, I see no relevance with Algol. https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Iraq_War_(2003)

The start of WWII had some Saturn action near Algol, but I'm not sure I'd count it as being in orb. Perhaps.
https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/World_War_II

I have a feeling if one goes through the major wars, it's gonna be very spotty finding an Algol hit, although if you're willing to connect any planet or other entity and give it a wide orb, I guess you could get lucky.

Perhaps you missed when I said, "I remain open minded" about just using conjunctions and oppositions to the fixed stars. I also suggested others remain "open minded", as we all can learn new things that way. I also mentioned the Parans stars.



THAT would be my major thought of the day on Algol's use - to remain opened.



p.s. I also posted a new site I found called Time Nomad -I found very intriguing although haven't the time yet to really study it. .
__________________
Author of Kindle eBooks on Astrology, fixed stars and critical degrees. PM me for details...
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Unread 01-17-2022, 09:52 PM
psychoEclipse psychoEclipse is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 93
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
I'm very happy we are having this discussion now, because I LOVE to learn "new" things too. Always stay opened is my motto!


Time Nomad is someone I've never heard of before either - but the person has some good ideas, and uses Harmonics as well as traditional Astrology when speaking of the Fixed Stars:


Time Nomad

06 October 2021



I don't know this person or their background, but the subject is one I've studied for many years, so I'll be listening, with an opened mind. I'd suggest we all do the same! But personal discovery through your own Chart review, is always imo, the best way to accept or reject a theory




https://timenomad.app/documentation/...cal-chart.html
Actually, I use whatever aspects can be logically applied between two objects. I enjoy to interpret anything with my own ideas, not looking too much how others do such.

Example: for me the nodes have nothing to do with "karma" and similar beliefs; I see them as the fundament of your being, what you're and can do (South Node) and how life will change you, merging with other traits already there (North Node). Basically, the SN is what you already are and the NN is what life will make emerge from within.

Algol, for me, have just one word which can describe its nature entirely: IMPETUS.

Why? Well...because its a driving force, think about it. When you desire to afflict others, such desire becomes the driving force to violence. Intense feelings drives to passions and when a passion is very strong it drives to hysteria. A series of destructive events drives to a catastrophe. That's applies to anything about Algol, not just such concepts.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Unread 01-17-2022, 09:57 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,513
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
Perhaps you missed when I said, "I remain open minded" about just using conjunctions and oppositions to the fixed stars. I also suggested others remain "open minded", as we all can learn new things that way. I also mentioned the Parans stars.



THAT would be my major thought of the day on Algol's use - to remain opened.



p.s. I also posted a new site I found called Time Nomad -I found very intriguing although haven't the time yet to really study it. .
Let us know if you look into it more and find something interesting. I'm skeptical but interested in Algol things.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Witchyone For This Useful Post:
leomoon (01-17-2022)
  #70  
Unread 01-17-2022, 09:59 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,715
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoEclipse View Post
Actually, I use whatever aspects can be logically applied between two objects. I enjoy to interpret anything with my own ideas, not looking too much how others do such.

Example: for me the nodes have nothing to do with "karma" and similar beliefs; I see them as the fundament of your being, what you're and can do (South Node) and how life will change you, merging with other traits already there (North Node). Basically, the SN is what you already are and the NN is what life will make emerge from within.

Algol, for me, have just one word which can describe its nature entirely: IMPETUS.

Why? Well...because its a driving force, think about it. When you desire to afflict others, such desire becomes the driving force to violence. Intense feelings drives to passions and when a passion is very strong it drives to hysteria. A series of destructive events drives to a catastrophe. That's applies to anything about Algol, not just such concepts.

I suppose the best way to describe myself, when it comes to Astrology, is an "opened minded Astrologer" almost to the max. I hate saying, Never" or Can't do".....although as you probably know, being around for many decades, you hear this more then you would like to hear it, therefore, one such as myself, might go back into my Cancer Rising or Gemini Rising and re-think everything to perhaps a new advantage for me.. It's called imo, growth in thought understanding we humans only have fundamental knowledge but certainly not complete knowledge on anything.


Actually, my Parans stars(which we cannot detect visually), explains me quite well.


As for the NODES and "Fate", I've seen what I've seen and experienced watching Algol and the Nodes too, so as the old saying goes, "it's hard to unsee what you've seen". (also in transits)
__________________
Author of Kindle eBooks on Astrology, fixed stars and critical degrees. PM me for details...
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Unread 01-17-2022, 10:04 PM
psychoEclipse psychoEclipse is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 93
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
So, are you saying Algol was or was not relevant?

Looking at this chart, I see no relevance with Algol. https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Iraq_War_(2003)

The start of WWII had some Saturn action near Algol, but I'm not sure I'd count it as being in orb. Perhaps.
https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/World_War_II

I have a feeling if one goes through the major wars, it's gonna be very spotty finding an Algol hit, although if you're willing to connect any planet or other entity and give it a wide orb, I guess you could get lucky.
If you don't consider it in orb it's your choice, as many doesn't uses asteroids or even "new" astrological objects like Pluto. Yet, I think that it's a better choice to consider anything that makes sense logically and try to find its meaning. That's what I do, obviously you can do the same or not...it's up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
So, Algol=violence.

It has a cycle of brightness, and there were ancients who wouldn't begin a battle when Algo wasn't at its brightest.

It's a battle star.
Algol was FEARED.

Ancient cultures didn't limited such fear to battles; they thought that many astrological events would bring some kind of dangerous event. As I mentioned before, Egyptians feared it A LOT. Curious, if you think about it, since Egyptians always seemed a bit "out of time" for their period of history and many weird events surrounds them and other cultures, like Maya and Aztec.

Last edited by psychoEclipse; 01-17-2022 at 10:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Unread 01-17-2022, 10:09 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,513
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoEclipse View Post
If you don't consider it in orb it's your choice, as many doesn't uses asteroids or even "new" astrological objects like Pluto. Yet, I think that it's a better choice to consider anything that makes sense logically and try to find its meaning. That's what I do, obviously you can do the same or not...it's up to you.


Algol was FEARED.

Ancient cultures didn't limited such fear to battles; many beliefs thought that many astrological events would bring some kind of dangerous event. As I mentioned before, Egyptian feared it A LOT. Curious, if you think about it, since Egyptian always seemed a bit "out of time" for their period of history and many weird events surrounds them and other cultures like Maya and Aztec.
Well, first you'll need to explain how it makes logical sense. Algol was not conjunct anything significant on the day the Iraq War started. No planets, no nodes, no other points. So, if you're saying it impacted the start of the war, how did it do so? Was it in some other aspect to North Node, a planet, or something else? If so, which aspect? Can you show the chart? Once you do that, we can discuss how the aspect might be relevant to the Iraq War. Without it, I see no logical connection, no more reason to discuss Algol in relation to the Iraq War than any other star.

I sort of agree with your definition of the energy Algol represents, except I think it also changeable (taking into account the blinking) so not always impetus...sometimes the opposite of that.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Witchyone For This Useful Post:
Opal (01-18-2022)
  #73  
Unread 01-17-2022, 10:17 PM
psychoEclipse psychoEclipse is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 93
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
I suppose the best way to describe myself, when it comes to Astrology, is an "opened minded Astrologer" almost to the max. I hate saying, Never" or Can't do".....although as you probably know, being around for many decades, you hear this more then you would like to hear it, therefore, one such as myself, might go back into my Cancer Rising or Gemini Rising and re-think everything to perhaps a new advantage for me.. It's called imo, growth in thought understanding we humans only have fundamental knowledge but certainly not complete knowledge on anything.


Actually, my Parans stars(which we cannot detect visually), explains me quite well.


As for the NODES and "Fate", I've seen what I've seen and experienced watching Algol and the Nodes too, so as the old saying goes, "it's hard to unsee what you've seen". (also in transits)
Everything exists already, but I think that when you know the truth you can't escape from it. Madness is just the consequence of knowledge; there are some things that can't let you remain sane and those who fear such consequence will flee long before. That's why not everyone can bear knowledge and those who knows everything will seem insane to those who knows nothing.

Last edited by psychoEclipse; 01-17-2022 at 10:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to psychoEclipse For This Useful Post:
leomoon (01-17-2022)
  #74  
Unread 01-17-2022, 10:39 PM
psychoEclipse psychoEclipse is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 93
Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
Well, first you'll need to explain how it makes logical sense. Algol was not conjunct anything significant on the day the Iraq War started. No planets, no nodes, no other points. So, if you're saying it impacted the start of the war, how did it do so? Was it in some other aspect to North Node, a planet, or something else? If so, which aspect? Can you show the chart? Once you do that, we can discuss how the aspect might be relevant to the Iraq War. Without it, I see no logical connection, no more reason to discuss Algol in relation to the Iraq War than any other star.

I sort of agree with your definition of the energy Algol represents, except I think it also changeable (taking into account the blinking) so not always impetus...sometimes the opposite of that.
Maybe you should check twice before asking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoEclipse View Post
I think you forgot it: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

The actual conjunction started around April 25th, during that time many events related to such war happened.
Anyway, Algol doesn't mean "a war will start" nor it's directly connected to it. Algol is a brutal force, it applies in many ways and NOT just physically but mentally too, as uncontrollable emotions. This chart is when Algol reached 0 degrees with the North Node, but it started to make various, influencing aspects long before.

If you consider conjunctions and nothing else then you're losing your time, because it's almost impossible without looking various aspects in the whole timeline. It's like pretending to know the story inside a book when you're willing to read just a few pages.

I'm not here to create a chart every time, you can do it by yourself HERE: https://www.astro.com/cgi/genchart.cgi?nhor=2&nho2=1
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to psychoEclipse For This Useful Post:
blackbery (01-17-2022)
  #75  
Unread 01-17-2022, 11:36 PM
blackbery blackbery is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 4,770
Re: Algol during 2022

I appreciate your comments psychoEclipse but it appears that some members refuse to accept astrology or even certain facts, no matter what you say or how many charts you post.

An aspect with Algol last months just like a Lunar or Solar Eclipse but they are under the naive impression that if no planetary 'action' starts on this day or that day, then it doesn't have any influence.

The Star of Bethlehem, for instance, was the indicator to the 3 Magi to set forth to meet the 'King'. The conjunction didn't happen on one day, the day of his birth.

It's hard to believe that they don't know astrology basics yet argung with you who have the knowledge & have posted the charts.

It's a good topic.








Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoEclipse View Post
Maybe you should check twice before asking:

Anyway, Algol doesn't mean "a war will start" nor it's directly connected to it. Algol is a brutal force, it applies in many ways and NOT just physically but mentally too, as uncontrollable emotions. This chart is when Algol reached 0 degrees with the North Node, but it started to make various, influencing aspects long before.

If you consider conjunctions and nothing else then you're losing your time, because it's almost impossible without looking various aspects in the whole timeline. It's like pretending to know the story inside a book when you're willing to read just a few pages.

I'm not here to create a chart every time, you can do it by yourself HERE: https://www.astro.com/cgi/genchart.cgi?nhor=2&nho2=1
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2022, algol, catastrophe, chaos, prediction

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.