Lack of pregnancy aspects

Nance7

If you are an independent type and you become a parent, then you need to parent like an independent type. That may mean a very unconventional upbringing for your child. Which might suit the child fine. Fifth house can also suggest your child(ren)'s temperament. You might be destined for a very quirky, Uranian/Neptunian child.

Of course, you also have to slog through the diapers and constant feedings and all that when your child is a baby. There is some serious getting tied down. Which is very Saturn. And it probably would be frustrating for you, at that stage. I expect you would be very much looking forward to your child getting older and more independent.

Perhaps you would be content with becoming a stepparent or adoptive parent to an older child. That's one way your fifth house could manifest.

And you might feel that being such an independent type is incompatible with being a parent. If you do, fair enough.
Whatever decision you make, you probably will feel some regret for the path not taken. That's just how it is.

But your parents aren't the ones who'll have to raise your children. Ultimately, the decision is yours.

Yes, and that's already happened. As far as the astrological factors are concerned, later in life means after Saturn return. Since you are already past your Saturn return, if you ever have a child, it will be later in life. Even if you had one tomorrow, it would be.

But you can also choose not to have children. The chart shows potential for how you could have and raise children (unconventionally!), but not every potential manifests. If you don't have children, then your fifth house just shows up in the other ways a fifth house shows up: creativity, hobbies, things like that.

Yeah I understand I am already past the Saturn return I just meant later from now..I suppose people are having kids later in life now too
But yeah all very insightful stuff
I just thought I would get someone else’s opinion on it and you definitely have shed some light on things

Nance7

I would re-iterate: Saturn points to not having children.

It doesn't mean the person is barren: it doesn't mean they WON'T have children.
It points to their not having children.

As in Moon/Cancer/mother-child and its opposite, Saturn/Capricorn/senex

What aspect are your referring to when you mention cancer ?
And what do you mean by Saturn/Capricorn/senex

Osamenor

Staff member
Yeah I understand I am already past the Saturn return I just meant later from now..I

It could happen later from now, as long as you don't wait until you're physically too old. Even then, becoming a non-biological parent would still be possible.

Without going into every possible window of opportunity, I would guess that sometime after you hit your mid thirties will be the ripest time in your life for that to happen, if it's going to. The reason is that one factor in determining the likeliest time for having a baby is the phase of your progressed Moon. If your progressed Moon is somewhere between first quarter and last quarter, efforts to conceive have the greatest chance of success (if, that is, you are reproductive age and fertile).

You were born during a new moon. By progression, Moon returns to its natal phase when you turn 28, and begins a new cycle that lasts the next 28 years. For a progressed new moon to become a progressed half moon takes about six to seven years. That puts you in the likely phase from your mid thirties to your late forties, although realistically, you're less likely to still be fertile when you get much past 40, simply because that's the way female fertility works.

At age 36-37, everyone gets a Saturn square to its natal position. That usually spells a decision making time, a time to either commit to something or close off something. Since Saturn is your fifth house ruler and placed in your fifth house, too, your Saturn square theme will probably involve fifth house topics. Seems to me to be a likely time for you to have a child, or have a child come into your life some other way, or decide for sure that you don't want to have children. And it could be any of those things. The stars present you with some options, but it's up to you which one to choose.

Nance7

It could happen later from now, as long as you don't wait until you're physically too old. Even then, becoming a non-biological parent would still be possible.

Without going into every possible window of opportunity, I would guess that sometime after you hit your mid thirties will be the ripest time in your life for that to happen, if it's going to. The reason is that one factor in determining the likeliest time for having a baby is the phase of your progressed Moon. If your progressed Moon is somewhere between first quarter and last quarter, efforts to conceive have the greatest chance of success (if, that is, you are reproductive age and fertile).

You were born during a new moon. By progression, Moon returns to its natal phase when you turn 28, and begins a new cycle that lasts the next 28 years. For a progressed new moon to become a progressed half moon takes about six to seven years. That puts you in the likely phase from your mid thirties to your late forties, although realistically, you're less likely to still be fertile when you get much past 40, simply because that's the way female fertility works.

At age 36-37, everyone gets a Saturn square to its natal position. That usually spells a decision making time, a time to either commit to something or close off something. Since Saturn is your fifth house ruler and placed in your fifth house, too, your Saturn square theme will probably involve fifth house topics. Seems to me to be a likely time for you to have a child, or have a child come into your life some other way, or decide for sure that you don't want to have children. And it could be any of those things. The stars present you with some options, but it's up to you which one to choose.

Yeah sure I know what you mean :) things to consider..

So do you agree with the placidious system? I’ve heard of people who prefer the whole sign system recently

Osamenor

Staff member
Any house system can work, curiously enough.

But switching to whole sign wouldn't change any of what we've been discussing. Your fifth house is in Capricorn either way.

IleneK

Premium Member
What aspect are your referring to when you mention cancer ?
And what do you mean by Saturn/Capricorn/senex

I am not referring to an aspect when I speak of Cancer.
I am referring to Capricorn on your 5th house cusp. And that Saturn ruling the 5th house is not particularly maternal, since maternal Mother/Child is symbolized by the opposite sign of Capricorn, that being Cancer ruled by the Moon.

And the ruler of Capricorn, Saturn, symbolizes among other things, the old man, as opposed to the maternal Mother/Child.

This is what I meant when I said

I would re-iterate: Saturn points to not having children.

It doesn't mean the person is barren: it doesn't mean they WON'T have children.
It points to their not having children.

This points to that you may not be very well suited temperamentally to be a mother. That doesn't mean you can't be a mother; and it doesn't mean you can't be a good mother.

It means that you are not best suited temperamentally to have children, that's all. And because of that, you may not become a mother, especially if you have reservations about it.

Last edited:

Nance7

Any house system can work, curiously enough.

But switching to whole sign wouldn't change any of what we've been discussing. Your fifth house is in Capricorn either way.

No I just meant with you talking about it being on the cusp of the fourth house as a opposed to a later angle which would accentuate the profile of being less motherly

Nance7

I am not referring to an aspect when I speak of Cancer.
I am referring to Capricorn on your 5th house cusp. And that Saturn ruling the 5th house is not particularly maternal, since maternal Mother/Child is symbolized by the opposite sign of Capricorn, that being Cancer ruled by the Moon.

And the ruler of Capricorn, Saturn, symbolizes among other things, the old man, as opposed to the maternal Mother/Child.

This is what I meant when I said

This points to that you may not be very well suited temperamentally to be a mother. That doesn't mean you can't be a mother; and it doesn't mean you can't be a good mother.

It means that you are not best suited temperamentally to have children, that's all. And because of that, you may not become a mother, especially if you have reservations about it.

I get what you mean, I was understanding your points.. but thanks for explaining them further. So cancer rules the fifth house ?
but I was actually talking about the senex and what that meant

IleneK

Premium Member
I get what you mean, I was understanding your points.. but thanks for explaining them further. So cancer rules the [your] fifth house ?

No, Capricorn not Cancer is on the cusp of your 5th, so Saturn rules your 5th house

but I was actually talking about the senex and what that meant

And the ruler of Capricorn, Saturn, symbolizes among other things, the old man, the senex.

Nance7

No, Capricorn not Cancer is on the cusp of your 5th, so Saturn rules your 5th house

And the ruler of Capricorn, Saturn, symbolizes among other things, the old man, the senex.

Well you quoted this

In reference to cancer - I was wondering what you meant as I only have cancer in Chiron if you are using the placidious system

IleneK

Premium Member
Well you quoted this

In reference to cancer - I was wondering what you meant as I only have cancer in Chiron if you are using the placidious system

I was referencing Cancer only to explain that it and its ruler, Moon, which symbolizes motherhood/children, are opposite the ruler of the sign on your 5th house of children, Saturn. Not in your chart, but in general astrological theory.
And that Saturn on the cusp of the 5th house of children does not point to having children.

I am not commenting at this time on your particular natal Chiron or your natal Moon, as mother and mothering, for that matter.

Just trying to help you understand the symbolism of Saturn, both ruling your 5th and also in the 5th, to see the likelihood of your having children.

Last edited:

Nance7

I was referencing Cancer only to explain that it and its ruler, Moon, which symbolizes motherhood/children, are the opposite the ruler of the sign on your 5th house of children, Saturn. Not in your chart, but in general astrological theory. And that Saturn on the cusp of the 5th house of children does not point to having children.

I am not commenting at this time on your particular natal Chiron or your natal Moon, as mother and mothering, for that matter.

Just trying to help you understand the symbolism of Saturn ruling your 5th and the implications for your likelihood of having children.

I don’t think it’s the easiest way to communicate on here. I was just wondering why you were mentioning cancer when it is not in my chart except in what I mentioned above. I think there has been some miscommunication in certain in parts of the convo 😅
Yes I know that’s this is the case and I had already read that before starting this chat.

IleneK

Premium Member
I don’t think it’s the easiest way to communicate on here. I was just wondering why you were mentioning cancer when it is not in my chart except in what I mentioned above. I think there has been some miscommunication in certain in parts of the convo ��
Yes I know that’s this is the case and I had already read that before starting this chat.

I agree about how easy it is to miscommunicate and I do apologize for my part. I can see that you are not understanding something, and I am not understanding what you are not understanding and so keep saying the same thing. :smile::andy::smile:
I hope I have helped shed some light on your question. I am Virgo rising and Capricorn on the 5th, and looking back upon my life and circumstances, I understand your question and how you feel, at least to some degree, anyway.
If you want to PM me to talk more directly about it, please do.

Nance7

I agree about how easy it is to miscommunicate and I do apologize for my part. I can see that you are not understanding something, and I am not understanding what you are not understanding and so keep saying the same thing. :smile::andy::smile:
I hope I have helped shed some light on your question. I am Virgo rising and Capricorn on the 5th, and looking back upon my life and circumstances, I understand your question and how you feel, at least to some degree, anyway.
If you want to PM me to talk more directly about it, please do.

Ah the same as me ! Haha have you had kids? 😂

And yeah haha some defo miscommunication ha but I’m not used to this site on a mobile site, it’s abit clumsy.. but I have enjoyed the conversations never the less.
Ah yeah that’s great thankyou :))

JUPITERASC

But I don’t want to have any regrets
by deciding not to have children

Which I respect a lot of people for standing by there decisions not to.

I also have parental pressure to have children.

I also wondered if it would indicate having a child later on in life

Traditionally, Fifth House is known as "...the Good Fortune..."
and
considered to give signs for children.

HOWEVER

The malefics were thought to be indicators of
the inability to have children
especially in the case of SATURN

In modern times, while this can still be true
SATURN has taken on the role of scientist
indicating that while the couple may still be naturally barren
they may still have children with the help of science :smile: