Venus in Aquarius

david starling

I agree. And seeing as though it's Venus it can also be stuff like dressing to feel free or music that makes you feel free or decor that makes you feel free etc.

This might give some reassurance to people who fear that the Aquarian Age will require group-think conformity.

Abby83

This might give some reassurance to people who fear that the Aquarian Age will require group-think conformity.

Yeah I've noticed Aquarian energy is a lot of things. You've got those who can't live without their groups and friends and you've got those who are individualistic. I see a lot of individuality these days which is all about freedom from confined traditions and constraints.

Last edited:

david starling

Of course, each Indicator in Aquarius has its own effects, but a similar theme. We usually tend to use Sun-sign characteristics and try to apply them to all the others. "Fixed/Air" suggests intense, focused mental abilities, but doesn't really explain the social consciousness of Aquarius that usually accompanies placements in the Sign. I've noticed an independent streak in Sun-Aquarians that I also have with the Moon/Venus qualities. The Sun-Aquarians I know often seem to avoid each other, and prefer a less personal role in promoting social causes. I don't see them as demanding that everyone see things the same as they do, but they do have deeply held personal paradigms. I've concluded that the Aquarian Age social order will be a sort of "functional anarchy", rather than one of lock-step dictatorship. The thing to remember about an "Age" is, that aside from lasting such an incredibly long time, it has a different effect on each of us, depending on how the Age Indicator(s) is Aspected in each individual's Chart. The aggregate effect isn't necessarily the same thing as the effect on any particular individual. It's basically "environmental". Some will thrive in an Age environment, and some won't.

Andrea_

Or maybe we see a tendency towards the extremes because that's how the american society seems to be :) I believe that Aquarian energy can be very much balanced as well, not overly craving to be part or identified with a group, and neither the most individualistic geek around.

But I have to agree about the unconditional love for everyone and how this sparks some jealousy with certain partners. I have Moon conjunct Venus in the 1st H of Aquarius and I just want to treat people/friends well and put their good side first :)) Of course I get burned sometimes because humans are a bunch of confused creatures, but it's allright lmfao, even though I had to be reminded and remind myself not to give too much (12th House Sun in Cap, conjunct Jupiter in Saggi). I give even more to nature, animals and kids.

I also love technology and geeky stuff and I will definitely have some eccentric stuff or fun gadgets in my future house/apartment, solar powered phone chargers, secret doors, magnetic hangers, intelligent space management, thematic rooms? you name it xD.

I am also very much interested in what goes around me and in the world, in nat-geo-y stuff, in the future, even if it is a mess, and I just finished uni now, going for a Sustainable development or ecotourism master's because I can't suffer to not be in a field where I can help somehow.

Poor us. I can surely be the lone wolf and greedy too. Individualistic?... well, it's not a bad thing. I don't despise tradition at all, but I definitely think it needs to be revised and questioned according to your times. I am coming from an European country where tradition still plays a huge role, so yeah, some old beliefs needed revision, but I see it transforming quite smoothly, not wildly, so I'm content with this chapter...or so I wish to see it, there are enough still struggling with old views. I'm become like a volcano if my ideas aren't listened to, and I love to talk.

Last edited:

Bina

I know someone with Venus in Aquarius and a fairly spread out chart, and they like wearing odd and interesting colour combinations, i always put it down to Venus in Aqua. :smile:

sadge

Nah,Venus in Aquarius can be pretty judgmental. Saturn is the co-ruler...:bandit:

I don't think it's Venus that likes to click on the “report post” function on this site….venus likes to snuggle (objectively or subjectively). It’s other natal aspects that drives one to click that button.... :whistling:

Last edited:

sadge

I don’t know if I would associate “freedom” with Aquarius….it seems to be more reflective of “a break from tradition,” or maybe “progress.” It’s more of a liberation from binding social norms. Aquarius is about breaking from traditional structures that held us down as a collective. Capricorn wants us to manifest ourselves within the bounds of the existing social structure, a system that dictates for us the value structure that we must adopt if we want to “achieve.” Capricorn says that we must do our thing within the constraints of the world as we find it. Aquarius understands the need to break from some traditional constraints in order for humanity to manifest itself at a higher level of existence. That break from tradition, and the subsequent liberty (Uranus), is only real when it manifests in hard form (Saturn). By the time we hit the sign of Aquarius in the zodiac, it’s no longer about exploring the concept of liberation on a philosophical level. Aquarius wants it in real form. Aquarius understands that some socially-ingrained rules are what binds people to a lower level of existence. Venus in Aquarius is tickled to see a break from worn out tradition or socially-imposed constraints --- a break (Uranus), for real (Saturn), manifested in some area of life.

I think this is why both Uranus and Saturn rule the sign of Aquarius. We need both of these energies if we want to truly manifest a break from tradition in REAL form….Aquarian planets don’t just talk about “progress” and dream about it….they do it, embody it, or desire it in a concrete, saturnian (REAL) way.

Here’s another interesting twist to the stereotype of Venus is Aquarius: I know one person with Venus in Aqua who does not reflect any of the hyped-up Aquarian attributes. He doesn’t care about equality, human rights, universal love, nor does he care for detachment in love and sex. However, his Venus in Aqua allowed him to be very successful in the finance industry because of his ability to interface with all walks of life, all different kinds of personalities, because he didn’t care about others’ differences. He had his own tightly held values that were quite judgmental to everyone who didn’t fit his inner ideals, but he still had the ability to interface with anyone because of his solid detachment from attaching to anything that held his venus down from growing in the direction that it wanted to grow. Just one example of how Venus in Aqua can manifest in ways other than the typical hippie love.

Thanks for all the great feedback and personal stories….it helped me get to a conclusion. :)

Last edited:

sadge

Also.....I noticed there’s a distinct difference in Aquarius energy throughout the generations too. The Aquarians from the baby boomer generation are distinctly different from the millenials, who are again very different from these little kids who are in elementary school right now. The Aquarius energy keeps getting cooler as each generation manages to shed the planetary lockdown that tied up previous generations….the older generations didn’t have the stars on their side. The young kids today are already actualizing the very dreams that earlier generations had to fight to achieve…. For the younger generations, there isn’t anything to argue about because that sense of liberation from dated tradition is already in their bones. That’s why some younger people laugh at these stupid arguments that between older generations. We’ve already moved on. It’s the older generations who still perceive and fight from outdated paradigms.

[NOTE: I just rolled out the perfect set up for VIP to complement this observation with his own on the ages. Go ahead, VIP. A thread is open to going in all directions as long as I gave birth to it. :joyful:]

Last edited:

david starling

Since each Age of Earth is the result of the aggregate response to Earth's influence in each individual's Natal-chart, there are Age-generations. We are all of the Tropical Age of Capricorn generation, but now on the cusp of Aquarius. It's a 58 years per degree Transit. Using the median setting for the Age Indicator, those born in 1975 onward, are 27th degree (3 degree cusp) Capricorn Agers. In 2033, a new, 28th Age-degree generation will enter the world, that much closer to the aggregate beginning of the Age in 2149. But, because the Moon's orbital effect causes the Age Indicator to swing back and forth +/- 2 degrees, 2033 will ALSO be its first actual year of contact with the first point of Tropical Aquarius. The Transits matter, so those attuned to the Aquarian Age due to many various Chart-factors (such as a well-Aspected Venus in Aquarius) will be "in on the action". :aquarius:

Last edited:

sadge

Nietzsche had some interesting things to say about "group think" mentality. Mainly that group think IS crazy. (Interesting idea though, because most people don't even realize that they are a part of a group think mentality.....)

Last edited:

david starling

Nietzsche had some interesting things to say about "group think" mentality. Mainly that group think IS crazy. (Interesting idea though, because most people don't even realize that they are a part of a group think mentality.....)

Right--they think everyone else is agreeing with THEM, as independent thinkers. Although, there often is an iconic figure to whom they're devoted, along with all the others.

sadge

Right--they think everyone else is agreeing with THEM, as independent thinkers. Although, there often is an iconic figure to whom they're devoted, along with all the others.

And that's why Venus in Aquarius says, "seduce me with your mind, baby. Show me how you're different...." :cool:

aquarius7000

Lin,

Your husband sounds interesting in his own way. Care to post his chart i.e. if you have his TOB? Just remember that I will look at it from a traditional point of view. Hope Sadge doesn't mind, but we can discuss his Aquarian aspects.

sadge

Lin,

Your husband sounds interesting in his own way. Care to post his chart i.e. if you have his TOB? Just remember that I will look at it from a traditional point of view. Hope Sadge doesn't mind, but we can discuss his Aquarian aspects.

Why would I mind? Go for it...... Mi casa su casa.

(Don't take everything seriously....there's some fun and friendly venus and mercury action happening here....of course your opinion is welcomed. My threads have an open-door policy -- but no minors allowed. They might get intoxicated.)

Last edited:

waybread

Sadge, have you got a copy of Steven Forrest, The Inner Sky? He totally got Aquarius. Note that this is a discussion of the sign, not the sun-sign or Venus-sign. But see his individual chapters on the planets and houses.

Other speculations on Aquarius really don't get what this sign is about.

aquarius7000

Sadge,

I am an Aquarian in my core and thinking through the Sun and Mercury, but never been interested in tattoos or piercings or weird hair colours. I dress rather classic, but I think that has to do with my Moon in Cap. Bottom line, the Moon and the sign on the 3rd are important, too. Could be that is how you are connecting with your Aqua friend.

Abby83

Sadge,

I am an Aquarian in my core and thinking through the Sun and Mercury, but never been interested in tattoos or piercings or weird hair colours. I dress rather classic, but I think that has to do with my Moon in Cap. Bottom line, the Moon and the sign on the 3rd are important, too. Could be that is how you are connecting with your Aqua friend.

Yes. Like my 3rd ruler is Saturn in Scorpio and I love interacting with Scorpios.

katydid

I don't think it's Venus that likes to click on the “report post” function on this site….venus likes to snuggle (objectively or subjectively). It’s other natal aspects that drives one to click that button.... :whistling:

Being judgmental, and then responding by alerting authorities is not what I meant an Aquarius would do.

But in my opinion, Aquarian energy can be rather elitist and judgmental about others. Not that they will not step in to help shoulder the burden. :bandit:

Aquarius represents idealism, innovation, reform. In order to do any of that, one must make judgments about the status quo. One must assess why something needs to be redone, reformed, reinvented, etc.

Last edited:

sadge

Being judgmental, and then responding by alerting authorities is not what I meant an Aquarius would do.

But in my opinion, Aquarian energy can be rather elitist and judgmental about others. Not that they will not step in to help shoulder the burden. :bandit:

I knew exactly what you meant. I just followed up with my own observation on top of that..... :)

BTW.....unlike you, my college friend with Venus in Aquarius was NOT a reliable source of judgment for our nights out on the town. My friend had Mercury in Pisces. Could not get her to keep my number private from various bar flies or dance partners....I'm all for universal love, but not in my bedroom. When I'd get a call from some random guy the next day, I'd flip out on my friend and she always said the same thing: "But he said it was true love!"

Really? After one night of dancing? I don't think so.