Is Venus square Uranus a bad aspect to have in a natal chart?

It could be a difficult aspect to have, but that is not always the case. A square is an excess of energy between two planets. If this energy is channeled properly then it could turn out to be positive. Venus represents love, values, and socialization. In a man's chart Venus represents the type of woman that he is attracted to. A Venus/Uranus woman could be very independent, eccentric, trendy, or even a bit crazy. In a woman's chart Venus represents adolescence. Venus/Uranus could indicate an unconventional upbringing.

Animatrix

It's not too bad. It's actually not that bad at all, the big problem with this aspect is that the native does not want to enter into a relationship, so he/she will attract individuals who are distant themselves. The native may fall in love with someone, yet be unwilling to actually commit and enter into a real relationship, yet this might be unconscious, so the loved one may disappear every now and then, or the relationship is unsteady, goes up and down, etc.

Many with this aspect, when they're older, chose relationships that are quite free. These individuals does not like to feel too close, or if they do, there is something standing in the way; it could be anything.

The Venus square Uranus person must ask himself; "Do I really want a relationship with this person?" or "Do I really want to go out with my friends tonight?"

Until this energy is fully understood, the native may experience some frustration in relationships with loved ones and friends. If there is a need for freedom, then accept it, and then do what you like.

A typical scenario is a person who falls in love, yet is unwilling to commit, because of some reason, maybe job, status, time, fear, and the loved one may sense this and disappear and appear too free and independent, but in reality the energies are just reflected in the other person.

Venus square Uranus can also mean that the native falls head over heels in love, and then suddenly the feeling fades away. Many unusual love affairs are likely.

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

It could be a difficult aspect to have, but that is not always the case. A square is an excess of energy between two planets. If this energy is channeled properly then it could turn out to be positive. Venus represents love, values, and socialization. In a man's chart Venus represents the type of woman that he is attracted to. A Venus/Uranus woman could be very independent, eccentric, trendy, or even a bit crazy. In a woman's chart Venus represents adolescence. Venus/Uranus could indicate an unconventional upbringing.

Venus in a man chart shows what he is attracted to? That's odd because I know someone who has Venus in Virgo. But I have Venus in Pisces yet there is attraction. I'm a Taurus sun though and we have sexual aspects in our synasty so that could be why.

Animatrix

Venus in a man chart shows what he is attracted to? That's odd because I know someone who has Venus in Virgo. But I have Venus in Pisces yet there is attraction. I'm a Taurus sun though and we have sexual aspects in our synasty so that could be why.

Juno is very important as well. Venus gives a hint but it is not everything, the whole chart must be taken into consideration. Just because you have Venus in Libra does not make you automatically attracted to Libra types. It is way more complicated than that.

You must also consider the house placement of Venus and any aspects to it.

AquarianRising

I believe what was meant was that the indication is a general sense, not relating to any specific planetary placements. For example, if Venus is in Taurus, it indicates an attraction to someone more patient, practical and cuddly. In Aries, it might mean someone more confident, energetic and direct, etc. There are a wide assortment of potential combinations and placements that can add up to these overall effects.