Don't know my rising sign :(

renaen591

Hey guys, about a year ago I was told by my dad that I was born at a certain time, but now he says he's not sure, so now I don't know my rising sign. I have to admit the rising signs didn't completely match me. I live in Australia where records of birth time are not kept.
Can you guys help me figure this out by giving me suggestions of how I can find out or telling me what rising sign you think I'm like?

Irisiel

You know yourself better! Get the great phone app AstroMatrix & experiment with birth-times in 2-hr intervals. You might even set up 12 different Profiles and name them after the Ascendant they generate.

Then you can go into a single profile at a time and read NOT just your Ascendant description, but also what ALL your planets in each House mean for you.

That's a whole lot of info towards finding the one that sounds most like you and your life! Good luck!

renaen591

Thank you very much. I've actually done that but find I can relate to alot of different chart layouts. Maybe I just need to build a sense of self and then try.
Thank you.

JUPITERASC

Thank you very much. I've actually done that but find I can relate to alot of different chart layouts. Maybe I just need to build a sense of self and then try.
Thank you.
Hey guys, about a year ago I was told by my dad that I was born at a certain time, but now he says he's not sure, so now I don't know my rising sign. I have to admit the rising signs didn't completely match me. I live in Australia where records of birth time are not kept.
Can you guys help me figure this out
by giving me suggestions of how I can find out
or telling me what rising sign you think I'm like?

many share this issue
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626
sourced from the following thread link:smile:
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1017195#post1017195

11-30-2019, 06:00 AM
petosiris
user_online.gif

Re: Animodar
I have found a method that is more physical than this and does not involve the preceding syzygy or numerology.

Quote:
36. Nativities
When the moment of nativity is known, it can be examined instead of the moment of conception, the hours must be determined with knowledge of accidental qualities, and with one of the planets in perfect configuration with the Hour-Marker or the Midheaven at every conception and nativity
So, let the Ascendant or the Midheaven be in perfect conjunction, sextile, square, trine or opposition with one of the seven planets regardless of other factors.

We might theorize why this is so - conceptions and births of humans are powerful moments in nature that require the strongest influence of a planet on angles.
UPDATE :smile:
Yes, nowadays I ignore the syzygy and focus on the planet which makes the closest exact aspect to the Asc (and Dsc) or the Mc (and Ic). A major technical difference between this and the Ptolemaic Animodar is that mine requires a planet to be at the angle or in aspect, while Ptolemy seems to allow it to be disjunct, only requiring the numeric degree it has passed within its sign to be the same (it is like an exact semi-sextile or inconjunct modern ''aspect''). This does not seem physical to me, but rather numerological and uncharacteristic of Ptolemy's intentions of astrology.

So I recommend that one follows a more limited approach with regard to aspects, but more broad approach with regard to rulers. Often, the two methods (the Ptolemaic Animodar and the Petosiris Animodar) will give the same results, since they are based on similar physical reasoning.

I recommend one step - a planet in conjunction, sextile, square, trine or opposition with an angle. Take for example the chart of Ptolemy's second biggest fan (after me) - Girolamo Cardano - https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Cardano,_Girolamo

There is no planet in aspect with an angle at 18:29 when the Ascendant is at 6° 22' Taurus. But noticing that Jupiter is nearby, we can put him exactly at the Ascendant giving us 18:20 time, or a 9 minute rectification. Jupiter rising rather than declining may better explain his life and fame.
consider using the foregoing
instead of the following

1. Examine the preceding syzygy, whether it was a new moon or a full moon.
2. If the preceding syzygy was a new moon, observe its degree at the time of the nativity.
3. If the preceding syzygy was a full moon by night, we observe the degree of the syzygy. By day, we observe the degree opposite the syzygy, which is the degree of the luminary above the horizon (in that case the Sun).
4. Observe the degree at the approximate time of the nativity, and give a point to any of the following planets with rulership over the degree at the time of birth (see http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/3A*.html#note9)

OJUpA8e.png

5. Give a point to any planet in the same sign as the degree or in sign with some aspect (sextile, square, trine or opposition) to it.
6. If one star is familiar with the degree in all or most of these ways, whatever degree of its sign it is passing at the time of birth, the same numerical degree is rising (Asc) or culminating (Mc) at the time of birth.
7. If two or more stars are predominators, observe the one that is closer to the approximate time. If it so happens that we do not have the nearest hour of birth, we can establish it through combination of accidental qualities. The foregoing rectification is for time with approximate hour.

Irisiel

I recommend one step - a planet in conjunction, sextile, square, trine or opposition with an angle. Take for example the chart of Ptolemy's second biggest fan (after me) - Girolamo Cardano - https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Cardano,_Girolamo

There is no planet in aspect with an angle at 18:29 when the Ascendant is at 6° 22' Taurus. But noticing that Jupiter is nearby, we can put him exactly at the Ascendant giving us 18:20 time, or a 9 minute rectification. Jupiter rising rather than declining may better explain his life and fame.

Interested.

But we choose the planet and its aspect...how? It sounds no different than choosing based a matching known characteristics. :crying:

PS but it does sound simpler and more incisive.

Last edited:

kalinka

You can do a birth time rectification. If you don't mind, post your birth data and I could take a look. I'm using KP astrology, which has a very accurate method to do a btr.

Last edited:

renaen591

You can do a birth time rectification. If you don't mind, post your birth data and I could take a look. I'm using KP astrology, which has a very accurate method to do a btr.

Sure, this is just a loose chart done from clues that I may have been born in the morning

https://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_w2gw_renae_clay.7174.52553.png&res=63

renaen591

Oh ok, sorry. The birth data I'd put in was 12th September 1990, born in Warwick Qld Australia. And just as a random time I put 7:30 am to start from.

Also, two big events that have happened are, i moved to the UK in Jan 2013 and moved back to Australia in July 2019.
I don't know if that helps with rectification or if it's not enough information

kalinka

thanks. are you married or do you have children? Not necessary needed if not. The information about your move is a good clue.

Irisiel

...This is intriguing, as well! Won't ask you to explain it all here, but there are charts I'd like to play with, trying to figure out a birth time (I know the places).

Is there a thread here that explains "birth time rectification"? I find it hard to Search here.

Guess I can google it, too. Thanks! :joyful:

kalinka

I think it is easier if you google it :) western astrology has also methods to do a btr but I am not familiar with it.
@renaen is it sure that you were born in the morning or could it also be any other daytime?

Last edited:

renaen591

I think it is easier if you google it :) western astrology has also methods to do a btr but I am not familiar with it.
@renaen is it sure that you were born in the morning or could it also be any other daytime?

I suppose it could be any time. I only have vague memory of my parents to go from as hospital doesn't supply birth times here.
Thank you for trying. I will continue on with my research. Thank you

kalinka

I’ve got 3 options now. You could be Virgo with birth time at 6.24am. This would fit the most with your given time. In another thread you said that you are very dreamy and “often spend alot of isolated time". Sun, Venus and mercury in the 12th house could be the reason. Second option is Taurus with Mars in the first house with most planets in the 4th and 8th house but the birth time would be at 22.28-22.33pm .Third option is Capricorn with a strong 8th and 12th house. Bt at 13.36- 13.50 pm. I tend to Capricorn or Virgo.
I need other significant events in your life. When was the beginning of your (last) job(s)? What is your profession?

renaen591

I’ve got 3 options now. You could be Virgo with birth time at 6.24am. This would fit the most with your given time. In another thread you said that you are very dreamy and “often spend alot of isolated time". Sun, Venus and mercury in the 12th house could be the reason. Second option is Taurus with Mars in the first house with most planets in the 4th and 8th house but the birth time would be at 22.28-22.33pm .Third option is Capricorn with a strong 8th and 12th house. Bt at 13.36- 13.50 pm. I tend to Capricorn or Virgo.
I need other significant events in your life. When was the beginning of your (last) job(s)? What is your profession?

Wow that's incredible! Thank you so much!

My last job was as a barista and I would hope between cafe jobs, the last one began in early 2019 and finished in July when I moved to Australia. Very oddly, I've been finding it impossible to find work in the last 6 months ( very odd for me), so have been working on building my creative talents making candles for income. Before this last year I moved alot, couldn't settle, never lived somewhere longer than a year.
So, have been a bit of a drifter until recently.
Thank you again.

kalinka

Wow that's incredible! Thank you so much!

My last job was as a barista and I would hope between cafe jobs, the last one began in early 2019 and finished in July when I moved to Australia. Very oddly, I've been finding it impossible to find work in the last 6 months ( very odd for me), so have been working on building my creative talents making candles for income. Before this last year I moved alot, couldn't settle, never lived somewhere longer than a year.
So, have been a bit of a drifter until recently.
Thank you again.
Do you know the month in 2019 when you began?