Seven Arguments for why the Sidereal Zodiac is the best form of sign division.

JUPITERASC

Because gift-giving
and many other aspects of the Christmas festival
involve heightened economic activity
the holiday has become a significant event
and a key sales period for retailers and businesses. :smile:
The economic impact of Christmas has grown steadily
over the past few centuries in many regions of the world

I challenge you
to find a southern hemisphere location
where the calendar dates
of the Jewish and Christian holidays are inverted.

[Edit-- OK, I get
that you mean
that holiday seasons are inverted, not the dates.
So for what it's worth:]
ok great - so you got that holiday seasons are inverted
not the dates
:smile:

JUPITERASC

I can't speak for pagan solar holidays. :wink:
as you apparently have no sources to cite for "pagan solar holidays" :smile:
In Old English, Gēola (Yule)
referred to the period corresponding to December and January
which was eventually equated with Christian Christmas
In the 17th century, Isaac Newton argued
that the date of Christmas was selected to correspond with the solstice

JUPITERASC

Thank you for the discussion,
maybe you got sincerely confused with your many fallacies and did not meant falsehood.
Having confronted all available arguments, I will leave it to the noble reader of this thread
to decide whether the ancients used a sidereal or a tropical zodiac, and
I encourage him to investigate the question for himself.
For example he can investigate
whether the originators of the Thema Mundi used a tropical zodiac or an Aries 8 or 10 sidereal zodiac.
Interesting :smile:

petosiris

Banned
as you apparently have no sources to cite for "pagan solar holidays" :smile:
In Old English, Gēola (Yule)
referred to the period corresponding to December and January
which was eventually equated with Christian Christmas
In the 17th century, Isaac Newton argued
that the date of Christmas was selected to correspond with the solstice

I have read his discussion on Daniel which I recommend for a criticism and parody of Catholicism, but not for his prophecies speculation. It does not strike me that the pope is the antichrist of the 1260 days and that he will be put down in 40 years. (Isaac Newton like the later Millerites follows the day for year approach of 1260 years instead of 3 1/2)

He shows how many other dates were picked for the tropical ingresses, there is a special Catholic feast around 25 of every month. I myself have made much more discoveries in this area.

If I have time I may show how the feast of saint George agree with the summer and of Saint Demetrius with the winter, but of course not the tropical ones, but the Greek ones, this being of the east. In fact around these lands they say one controls the summer and the other - the winter. They are of Twins Solar myths - one on a white horse, the other on a brown - as are the Ashvins of India. Horsemen are phallic gods, as is the Sun usually.

Tropical Taurus and Scorpio ingresses are their feasts, the George is the brighter of course. April 23 and October 26 - Julian Old Calendar - May 6 and November 8. There are schisms of the east around the question of the calendar - the Catholics and the Jesuitical clergy of the east want the new calendar, but the core of the Orthodoxy - keep the old calendar. The battle strikes me as astrological as much as religious. The unmercenary Cosmas and Damian of Rome are also of this sort, there is a well known case in Italy of phallic offerings and in the east, they are patrons of sorcerers - as is Cancer indicative according to Ptolemy.

Of course the Christian holidays make no sense for the lands to the far south. September 23 - the fall equinox is the conception of the Baptist and June 24 - nativity. For it is written - ''He must increase, but I must decrease.'' - John 3:30

Last edited:

david starling

Because gift-giving
and many other aspects of the Christmas festival
involve heightened economic activity
the holiday has become a significant event
and a key sales period for retailers and businesses. :smile:
The economic impact of Christmas has grown steadily
over the past few centuries in many regions of the world

ok great - so you got that holiday seasons are inverted
not the dates
:smile:

Easter and Passover,are celebrated at the Tropical Equinox worldwide. Christmas is celebrated at the Tropical Solstice worldwide. In warm areas of the Northern Hemisphere, there is no snow in December. Whereas, ski season in the Southern Hemisphere runs from June through October in the higher elevations.

JUPITERASC

Easter and Passover,are celebrated at the Tropical Equinox worldwide.
Christmas is celebrated at the Tropical Solstice worldwide.
In warm areas of the Northern Hemisphere, there is no snow in December.
Whereas, ski season in the Southern Hemisphere
runs from June through October in the higher elevations.
In Northern Hemisphere Christmas is associated with snow
featuring an old dude clad in white fur rimmed red suit as it is so cold :smile:
hence many are dreaming of a snowy white Christmas
at the
Northern Hemisphere Western Tropical Astrology Winter Solstice zero degrees Capricorn

HOWEVER
southern hemisphere Christmas is celebrated while weather is similar to

Northern Hemisphere Westerm Tropical Astrology Summer Solstice zero degrees Cancer

david starling

In Northern Hemisphere Christmas is associated with snow
featuring an old dude clad in white fur rimmed red suit as it is so cold :smile:
hence many are dreaming of a snowy white Christmas
at the
Northern Hemisphere Western Tropical Astrology Winter Solstice zero degrees Capricorn

HOWEVER
southern hemisphere Christmas is celebrated while weather is similar to

Northern Hemisphere Westerm Tropical Astrology Summer Solstice zero degrees Cancer

Strange then, that Santa sunbathes in Florida in the Northern Hemisphere in December, and skis in Chile in the Southern Hemisphere in June!

JUPITERASC

Strange then, that Santa sunbathes in Florida in the Northern Hemisphere in December
old dude clad in white fur rimmed red suit as it is so cold
dreaming of a snowy white Christmas
at the
is clearly out of place then in Florida
particularly in a sled drawn by reindeer
is, as you have stated, strange

and skis in Chile in the Southern Hemisphere in June!
So according to your post Chile celebarates Christams in June - interesting :smile:
Northern Hemisphere Western Tropical Astrology Winter Solstice zero degrees Capricorn is not in June

david starling

old dude clad in white fur rimmed red suit as it is so cold
at the
is clearly out of place then in Florida
particularly in a sled drawn by reindeer
is, as you have stated, strange

So according to your post Chile celebarates Christams in June - interesting :smile:
Northern Hemisphere Western Tropical Astrology Winter Solstice zero degrees Capricorn is not in June

It's a Tropical Cardinal Solstice in both Northern and Southern Hemispheres when Christmas is celebrated. Notice that Northern Hemispheric Christmas is celebrated at the Winter Solstice, in the Tropical month of Capricorn, ruled by Saturn, and the emphasis is on commercialization; whereas in Australia, for example, in the Southern Hemisphere, the mood is more relaxed and the emphasis is on food and drink during the Tropical month of Cancer, ruled by the Moon.

JUPITERASC

It's a Tropical Cardinal Solstice in both Northern and Southern Hemispheres when Christmas is celebrated.
Notice that Northern Hemispheric Christmas is celebrated
at the Winter Solstice, in the Tropical month of Capricorn
ruled by Saturn
and the emphasis is on commercialization
whereas in Australia, for example, in the Southern Hemisphere
the mood is more relaxed and the emphasis is on food and drink
during the Tropical month of Cancer, ruled by the Moon.

notice same theme both Northern and Southern Hemisphere

i.e.

emphasis on food and drink both Hemispheres
fat, overweight, white-bearded old dude
clad in white-fur-trimmed red suit to protect from the cold
at the Northern Hemisphere
Western Tropical Astrology Winter Solstice
at zero degrees Western Astrological Tropical Capricorn
is clearly out of place in Australia
particularly in a sled drawn by reindeer :smile:

david starling

notice same theme both Northern and Southern Hemisphere

i.e.

emphasis on food and drink both Hemispheres
fat, overweight, white-bearded old dude
clad in white-fur-trimmed red suit to protect from the cold
at the Northern Hemisphere
Western Tropical Astrology Winter Solstice
at zero degrees Western Astrological Tropical Capricorn
is clearly out of place in Australia
particularly in a sled drawn by reindeer :smile:

Out of place in Florida as well then. :biggrin:

david starling

Since Christianity is a product of the Northern Hemisphere in both Tropical and Sidereal coordinates, it should have a Northern Hemispheric Natal-chart. Notice that at the time the Church defined itself, and established December 25th as the day Christmas should be celebrated, Tropical and Sidereal Charts were extremely similar in Sign-boundary locations, so Christmas itself has a Natal-chart extremely similar in both coordinate-systems. When one immigrants from one's birth-hemisphere to the other, should one's Natal-chart be redrawn, with the Signs reversed? Since Christmas was born in Rome, where it hardly ever snows, is snow a necessary feature when it comes to the true Religious meaning of this Holy Day?

david starling

I mistakenly added on that the Church has a Creation-chart with Sun in Capricorn--I haven't yet seen the correct time for its establishment. But, December 25th in the Northern Hemisphere is clearly Sun in Capricorn in the place where it was first celebrated by Constantine as a Holy Day, in both Tropical and Sidereal coordinates. So, the question remains: Do Birth-charts and Creation-charts actually get automatically reversed when an individual or a religious holiday immigrates to the other Hemisphere? If so, if you don't like your Sun-sign, for example, change Hemispheres! :biggrin:

david starling

Since Christmas has a Creation-chart located in Rome, where it seldom snows, I think we can safely say that snow isn't a requirement for its celebration! :biggrin:

david starling

There's no modern Astrological requirement for Tropical Capricorn to be located by the WINTER Solstice. It remains a Cardinal-Earth, Solstitial-Sign, ruled by Saturn, when located at the Summer Solstice as well.

david starling

The Tropical Sign-configuration is a "private matter" between the Earth and the Sun. How the Earth is inclined towards the Sun is what defines the nature of the Tropical, Zodiacal-signs. Three categories are essential--Modality (Cardinal, Fixed, and Mutable); Element (Fire, Earth, Air, and Water); and Rulership. Notice that these remain the SAME from one Hemisphere to the other, regardless of the specific Season.