Will I obtain a research position for this coming semester?

Doodleloo

Currently am in college. I have been looking and applying for research positions (as a research assistant) for the upcoming semester (which starts in a few days). I want to know if I will finally obtain a position for this semester.

Attachments

• research.jpg
    research.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 40

Doodleloo

What is your interpretation of your chart?

Have no idea what to look for.

I know jupiter and mercury looking at each other is good in regards to higher education, especially when mercury is the lord of the 10th house. The moon is also looking at mercury, but I'm unsure because the moon's in the 8th.

tikana

use 10th house if it is directly related to your career
if it is 10th ... i SO do not like any of it
to me it is like it wont meet your expectations
and it is very weak
to be honest
i wouldnt even pursue it if i were you

IleneK

Premium Member
Research assistantships are awarded only to enrolled students. So this is 9th place/sign ruled by Venus. Primary significators, Merc and Venus are averse by sign, so do not see eye to eye with each other. Also, you/Merc are averse to the position/Venus by reception, Venus being in the sign of your detriment. It makes me wonder if you really want to be a research assistant...However, you as Moon apply to a trine to Venus and then translate light to Mercury. So perhaps you may get the position. But again, given the negative reception between you/Moon and Venus/position, I am not sure you will like it. I suppose you should consider very carefully, if you are granted the position.

Doodleloo

I will be sure to let you guys know if I start hating it or something.

I know I want to do research, but not totally sure one what area in the field, so maybe that's why the chart shows that (because I'm currently soul-searching).

tikana

I will be sure to let you guys know if I start hating it or something.

I know I want to do research, but not totally sure one what area in the field, so maybe that's why the chart shows that (because I'm currently soul-searching).

naw it is just the fact that school are no longer in biz of teaching but in business of promising and not delivering the knowledge

it is sort of like self teach yet give credit to us for providing the environment

soul suckers that is what i think of schools today

Doodleloo

naw it is just the fact that school are no longer in biz of teaching but in business of promising and not delivering the knowledge

it is sort of like self teach yet give credit to us for providing the environment

soul suckers that is what i think of schools today

I agree there's a lot of independent learning, but what part of my quote are you responding to, again? XD

tikana

this one
"I know I want to do research, but not totally sure one what area in the field, so maybe that's why the chart shows that (because I'm currently soul-searching)."

Doodleloo

'Ello all!

Small update:

The lab that I got a research position from this semester is one of a few labs that I'll be joining over the summer. In fact, this lab will be paying me the coming term. I'm not particularly passionate about the material (I'm currently exploring my interests hence why I'll be part of multiple labs this summer), but they've been good to me, it looks good to continue on long-term with a lab, and they'll be paying me. Plus, the longer I stick around, the more likely I am to be taught skills that will enhance my experience. So, all in all, I don't love the focus they have but I also don't hate it. Definitely don't regret joining their lab, though. :joyful: