Should I stay in my English Literature class?

Bunraku

Resolved: Should I stay in my English Literature class?

KOCTatt.jpg

I signed up for an English Lit. class and I got off to a bad start — a bad grade in an essay. The professor says one thing in class, but says another thing online, so no one knows what is due or can keep up or what the assignments are supposed to be because he keeps changing his mind or can't remember what he says! They are as fed up as I am, but I don’t know if I can make an A in this course anymore because of all of this.
I keep emailing him asking questions and pestering him about the assignments I turn in to make sure they are graded, but he stopped responding to them.

I am Venus, in her own face — trying to get my own resources. I am trying harder and being more precise in my work, but I am not sure if this effort is paying off or if it will pay off at all in this class.

The class is Mercury. Don’t see any other than Mercury being in my face and him being in his own term. A slight favor

Moon opposes me and then Mercury … well yes I am already fed up with the class and I just missed a quiz today because I couldn’t show up (dog issues). But does the Moon oppose Mercury mean that conflict with the class making me exit the course? Hmm… a little help interpreting this.

Last edited:

tikana

drop it..it is useless

opposition means separation

i have had azzholes like that. they say one thing, do something else. b*tching at them doesnt help.

if you have people who work at uni level not just teaching but also in admin yet do not know how to read or comprehend what they are reading, how do you expect them to teach or have a consistent assignment schedule. I guess we are paying for sh8tty education.

T

Last edited:

Bunraku

Love you Tikana, thanks for the quick and speedy reply.

And I know right ? It's just frustrating to deal with.

tikana

just because these profs get masters they think they can teach...

i got horror stories about today's profs.

bloody hell.

Kitchy

Banned
just because these profs get masters they think they can teach...

i got horror stories about today's profs.

bloody hell.

There is no horary answer in my post. However, here's my say.

When I went to college after high school - I was a lit junkie - loved it all - every great book written before 1950 was my goal to learn and understand.

My sophomore year - after all of the lower division courses were slaughtered by me with A+'s - I come upon a snooty uptight English Lit Professor who tells me - you have no clue, my dear - the English Literature ("the ENGLISH LITERatTyur" is far beyond your grasp")

He ******* with my confidence for a second until I wrote a college award winning thesis on Pride and Prejudice.

Mr. Darcy took it up the **** on that one ! Something similar followed with a pompous @ss named Dunne at Berkeley - who excluded me from his poetry class because he said, "you have no 'class' -

I ended up changing my major Junior year of college from English Comp and Studies to Social Welfare - because maybe I loved Dicken's and Chaucer more than the average stiff.

If writing is your game - English lit is THE WORST WAY TO GO.

stick in butt academic politics should be left to the Anglophiles.

Write on and Right On.

Admittedly - didn't look at the chart - but just reading Saturn in the question of cut your losses. Probably associated with moon or jupiter or venus -

If moon in horary chart is is in a pissing contest with Uranus or Mercury - don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Moon-Saturn or Moon-Neptune brings ill-confidence or confusion.

If you don't think it can work for you - ditch it. Consider the Kitchy mantra "I've quit better jobs than this!"

Uranus doesn't like the rules of anything - language, society or social acceptance.

Ask yourself, who are you doing this for - Sun?

Every horary has a natal chart chem trail.

katydid

Cool. You didn't look at the chart but will chime in anyway. I think it is against TOS to do a natal reading in the horary section.

tikana

Kitchy

Schools then and now are very different. I went to both ... then and now.. HUGE difference.. most schools print diplomas. My prof said that professors are told to pass students at all costs. So the expectations from profs are at their lowest.

T

Doodleloo

Kitchy

Schools then and now are very different. I went to both ... then and now.. HUGE difference.. most schools print diplomas. My prof said that professors are told to pass students at all costs. So the expectations from profs are at their lowest.

T

WHAT??? That's not the case where I'm at at all...

Doodleloo

Cool. You didn't look at the chart but will chime in anyway. I think it is against TOS to do a natal reading in the horary section.

I've had mine be read in conjunction with the horary chart. Like Kitchy was saying, sometimes there are connections between the two.

tikana

WHAT??? That's not the case where I'm at at all...

yeah pretty straight out of chair of math dept.. pass the students at all costs.
we had midterm GROUP WORK! CALCULUS!!! ppl managed to flunk out of that one. and You check each other's tests and correct them. 4 of us in my group we got to do more complicated stuff because we were bored!
comp scie? be nice to a prof - you get an A

Doodleloo

yeah pretty straight out of chair of math dept.. pass the students at all costs.
we had midterm GROUP WORK! CALCULUS!!! ppl managed to flunk out of that one. and You check each other's tests and correct them. 4 of us in my group we got to do more complicated stuff because we were bored!

That's a lot more loose than what I'm used to.
The CS department here, there is a class where if you're in the bottom 2-3% of the quizzes (or was it exams?) you automatically fail the class...

Kitchy

Banned
Kitchy

T

They were back then too. Tenure and publications, not so much teaching. Sometimes the @holes teach us from our own 9th house Saturn in an horary or related.

Most of horary is filled with folks who already know they are unhappy or wanting and just want to the reason to ditch out because they don't have the balls, guts, juevos, eggs.

Who Am I to stand in their way?

Moon tells all.

As Jesus did - 'you're either with me or against me" .

Horary is that simple - you know that. And God bless Christian Astrology and the Anti-Christ in the midst of Astrology....

"If you say it's wrong, it must be right. If you say it's right, it must be wrong?"

Maybe you will have some teaching on English Lit Metaphor with Katydid down the line - who knows something? of tradition or old school academia, and wants to infiltrate the world by staying in an English Lit class that she doesn't belong in.

tikana

Kitchy

you are wrong... there are some shitty profs out there. I had english class prof tell me I cannot turn in a revised paper when her syllabus clearly stated that I can turn 1 paper to be re-eval a week later and it was in her syllabus.

I had a kick azz prof in 1993 ...maaan that man taught me how to write research papers. Absolute beast. None of my papers were less than A- after that class. My Art history prof PhD said I could use my final paper for thesis if i decide to go into art history.

T

Kitchy

Banned
Okay.

to the K's!

(xoxo cali style)

I'm not saying your wrong. Your are not listening. - did you read about the English Lit and Poet guy of my repose-st? Been there done that - moon-saturn.

We agree - no sweat- just checkingin your moments of passion and mercury and those weird random Uranus things I get.

Okay - so here is my horary response, gypsy style, for the one who asks.

"If it's not what you're 'diggin' (google american slang of 70's) and you find no (google Jupiter Rising Ascendent Rapture guy) then look at your 9th house ruler and follow it to the 4th or 3rd house of your natal chart.

No one asks a question without a history of something else.

Kitchy

Banned

Tik -

On the up-low -

are you a mathmaticsican?

I believe it . My son who studied music since age 13 - theory and sound and performance - excelled in math from thereafter reading music and also science.

I always wanted to be so cool in school but everyone gave me praise for my language abilites. Of which many could not understand. Just like music and science. I never needed to get into a fist fight - even though I could prolly lick any boy or girl in the house of a party fight.

I love the geeks of hidden language - however it is. God bless you, God bless us, everyone - God Bless Katydid and may she understand Darth Vadar one day. Where charm and getting along in language is catnip for the linguists and thnkers and writers - in all their cowardly glory - not having to throw a punch to knock you down.

Do you like to get knocked down? Don't let them knock you down. If you want to strain the grain of beauty of english lit - do it for you - not for another. pjrobly moon-3rd-saturn stuff in the mix. Sometimes Jupiter gets props for goodness but not glory.

Know what you love. You will be one of the few.

If you don't love it - ditch it.

Saturn.

Neptune will answer - 'but it's so pretty"'s.

I was born in Jan 1961 - shortyly after my bohemian immigrant parent family moved to California from the new old world. - where the world has no name.

U2

tikana

Tik -

On the up-low -

are you a mathmaticsican?

I believe it . My son who studied music since age 13 - theory and sound and performance - excelled in math from thereafter reading music and also science.

I always wanted to be so cool in school but everyone gave me praise for my language abilites. Of which many could not understand. Just like music and science. I never needed to get into a fist fight - even though I could prolly lick any boy or girl in the house of a party fight.

I love the geeks of hidden language - however it is. God bless you, God bless us, everyone - God Bless Katydid and may she understand Darth Vadar one day. Where charm and getting along in language is catnip for the linguists and thnkers and writers - in all their cowardly glory - not having to throw a punch to knock you down.

Do you like to get knocked down? Don't let them knock you down. If you want to strain the grain of beauty of english lit - do it for you - not for another. pjrobly moon-3rd-saturn stuff in the mix. Sometimes Jupiter gets props for goodness but not glory.

Know what you love. You will be one of the few.

If you don't love it - ditch it.

Saturn.

Neptune will answer - 'but it's so pretty"'s.

I was born in Jan 1961 - shortyly after my bohemian immigrant parent family moved to California from the new old world. - where the world has no name.

U2

** 1st major - pre med
2nd major - comp scie . 90% math classes the same as math major / minor music (piano/vocals/violin/audio engeneering.. fell in love with recording though***
3rd major - art history ***

Kitchy

Banned
** 1st major - pre med
2nd major - comp scie . 90% math classes the same as math major / minor music (piano/vocals/violin/audio engeneering.. fell in love with recording though***
3rd major - art history ***

Okay - and please accept this as an Should I stay in English Lit answer to horary -

I'm thinking 1st house or maybe moon or 4th -

Bernini - The ecstacy of Santa Teresa

If you don't feel that passion of English Lit -

Then ask Tikana or check this out -

Always best to know where your light shines and on what....

Google Bernini

tikana

Bernini is a baroque sculptor.

Kitchy

there is separating aspct merc/venus
she is dropping the class
then
you have moon involved.

T