All Things Hidden: Planets of the 12th House

Sweet Pea

I found the comments about slavery interesting.

Could someone with Pluto in the 12th house fail to realise (or acknowledge) that they enslave other people, and if Pluto rules their 5th house, then it would be their children?

dowhanawi

Could someone with Pluto in the 12th house fail to realise (or acknowledge) that they enslave other people, and if Pluto rules their 5th house, then it would be their children?

It could. Or it could give them insight into what's hidden, this ability would be strong in 12. Its also about rebirth, regeneration. In the end its what you choose yo make of it. All the options are there.

JUPITERASC

Could someone with Pluto in the 12th house fail to realise (or acknowledge) that they enslave other people,
and if Pluto rules their 5th house, then it would be their children?
Modern astrology accepts Mars as ruler of Aries and Scorpio
and states that Mars rules Aries
and then adds that
Mars and pluto are co-rulers of Scorpio :smile:

It is also important to keep in mind that
any planets in 12th house
have a sign ruler

and that sign ruler also has an influence
so the whole chart needs to be considered, not just one planet or one house

Kitchy

Banned
Hello -

I agree with the notion of unsettling, regarding 12th house intrusions. Everybody has a hideout of some sort. If you have planets in that house, you have some kind of investment in a hideout. Something you want no one to know about. That is everyone's house of the secrets they have never shared with anybody.

The problem with 12th house is the planets that are in them. They are beacons of sort - to other planets in your chart or someone elses. In varying degrees, they invite intrusion into a person's life. Whether the intrusion is postive or negative or neutral depends on the other planets.

The aspects will define who crashes your party and who shows up and and might as well stick around.

JUPITERASC

Hello -

I agree with the notion of unsettling, regarding 12th house intrusions.
Everybody has a hideout of some sort.
If you have planets in that house, you have some kind of investment in a hideout.
Something you want no one to know about.
That is everyone's house of the secrets they have never shared with anybody.
12th House planets signify that which is hidden from the person whose natal chart it is :smile:
such as for example 'hidden enemies'
as soon as those enemies are known, or discovered
those enemies are then the province of 7th house

The problem with 12th house is the planets that are in them.
They are beacons of sort - to other planets in your chart or someone elses.
In varying degrees, they invite intrusion into a person's life.
Whether the intrusion is postive or negative or neutral depends on the other planets.

The aspects will define who crashes your party a
nd who shows up and and might as well stick around.

Kitchy

Banned
Isn't it funny to equate Neptune ruled 12th with enemies? 12th house is typified as peaceful and flowing and non-confrontational. The retreat, the tribal ground, the secret spirit, the swimming yin and yang fish. The 69.

The worst hidden enemy to the 12th house native is the 12th house native. Where they resist through deception or avoidance to confront their need for seclusion or where they give up their cave because someone bigger or badder came and took it. People with planets in the 12th can inspire the most compassion and down and out and optimistically hopeful scenarios to meet everyone's imagination. The problem with 12th house - opposite of 6th - is the scheduled and actual delivery.

That is the problem everyone of us has - the 12th house promised delivery.

So of course if someone comes into your 12th with a need for promised delivery, and you know can't deliver - you do a dance, avoid, oh poor me, why is this happening, etc. The worst hidden enemy is obviousness of 12th house. I suppose the ruler of the 12th decides if you land on your feet, someone elses, get beat up or manage to disappear into vapor.

Last edited:

david starling

"Optimistically hopeful scenarios to meet everyone's imagination..."
"...the 12th house promised delivery." Like the Age of Aquarius, the Second Coming, and the Rapture? Behind schedule or pure fantasy?

My analogy is that I tend to view the 12th as that of the ocean. It can be so beautiful, enchanting, and very spiritual but there are so many hidden 'monsters' below the surface that can come and take a bite out of you at any time.

But the thing is with the 12th house, when you learn to float without worries, and when you learn to swim, you transcend becoming a victim. You become part of the water and those things below you no longer have much power over you because you let go of fear.

david starling

My analogy is that I tend to view the 12th as that of the ocean. It can be so beautiful, enchanting, and very spiritual but there are so many hidden 'monsters' below the surface that can come and take a bite out of you at any time.

But the thing is with the 12th house, when you learn to float without worries, and when you learn to swim, you transcend becoming a victim. You become part of the water and those things below you no longer have much power over you because you let go of fear.

Great analogy! [IMO]

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

My analogy is that I tend to view the 12th as that of the ocean.
It can be so beautiful, enchanting, and very spiritual
but there are so many hidden 'monsters' below the surface
that can come and take a bite out of you
at any time.

b2ae0734af5ce408106d8b9bba51f119.jpg

But the thing is with the 12th house,
when you learn to float without worries,
and when you learn to swim,
you transcend becoming a victim.
You become part of the water
and those things below you no longer have much power over you
because you let go of fear.
Seems to depend
on how long one can stay afloat on an ocean without food or water

or
alternatively
whether one can swim thousands of miles without food, or potable water
:smile:

cd7015dd54158c6111905ddf8cbbd6de.jpg

david starling

Building on AZ's metaphor: We're inhabitants of this 12th house "ocean", not land-dwelling visitors. So we're equipped for survival in this metaphysical sea, like dolphins are in the materialistic ocean. Maybe WE are the sea monsters! lol

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Building on AZ's metaphor:

building on soggy ground covered by a vast ocean is inadvisable
by the way,
check out DREAM MOODS A-Z DREAMS DICTIONARY

We're inhabitants of this 12th house "ocean", not land-dwelling visitors.
So we're equipped for survival in this metaphysical sea, like dolphins are in the materialistic ocean.
Maybe WE are the sea monsters! lol
Speak for yourself mon ami

meanwhile I assume your comments indicate that you rescind your original metaphor
Now THAT's depressing.

The 12th is about the power of Imagination.

It's like riding a mighty stallion--you have to ride it, so ride it well and it will take you anywhere you want to go.
If it takes you to bad places, blame the rider, not the steed.

to be fair
keep in mind
that steeds bolt
often for reasons other than attributable to the rider

It's a useful vehicle if you work it right.
What I'm saying is, the 12th is essentially neutral; if other factors in your chart are messing with it, work on those.
Make it work for you, not against you! (IMO)
persuasive,
BUT

a rider on a runaway steed may disagree :smile:

david starling

Right--try not to let your Imagination run away with you, or run wild. According to Ancient Greek imagination-inspired Vision, horses are of the Sea.
I'd rather believe I'd be a dolphin (but I have met a few "sea monsters"!). Or maybe Aquaman or a merperson... Advice on choosing your mount: Best to avoid Nightmares!

Last edited:
Haha you guys are funny. :)

I hope everyone has a great Christmas... and if you don't celebrate it then have a great time anyway!

��✌��️

david starling

[By the way, it's Virgos who tend to avoid saying some of the more edgy things they're thinking. Geminis often speak their minds, although usually not as forthrightly as Sagitarians.]
Yes, happy Saturnalia!