Neptune and Being Deceived

midnight sun

I have a natal position of Neptun opposition Sun-Mars. Since I started to read and learn astrology, I always read the same thing about Neptune, its popularity on deceiving person.

Do you think it's a fate for the person who has hard Neptune aspects in his/her birth chart?
And do you think it effects the person's whole character and all areas of life or just the houses which Neptune is connected?

Well I believe it effects the whole life areas. I feel it will never stop. Even the opposition is in 3rd-9th houses, I was deceived in friendships, love relationships over and over, wrong choices and the worst is spiritual issues. I was very badly deceived in spiritual works. Sometimes people tell a lie but mostly I find myself believing in the wrong thing.

Now I really don't know what to believe. And I don't understand the purpose of Neptune because there is nothing left to believe except being a strong materialist. :pouty:

bubuza_dulce

I feel it will never stop. Even the opposition is in 3rd-9th houses. I find myself believing in the wrong thing.

Now I really don't know what to believe. And I don't understand the purpose of Neptune because there is nothing left to believe except being a strong materialist. :pouty:

I have retro Neptune in the 9th opposing Venus in the 3rd, part of a Grand Cross and the highest planet in the chart.

I was very religious as a child. At a point I wondered if that was an illusion I created or was the truth. So I purposely gave up my ideas to find "TheTruth":happy:. After a few years I had become atheist. Even further I realised that wasn't the truth, it was a part of the truth. As before that I saw only the "good" side, after a while I saw only the "bad" side.

I deluded myself both times (decades) but it doesn't mean that wasn't the truth. Parts of the truth and even the lies are still true. All lies belong in the truth, are part of it.

Now I don't know what my ideas are (!) (Mercury quincunx Nepune, Virgo and Pisces intercepted) but my heart knows and I cannot express its truth in words.

I'm used to "not knowing the truth". I'm used to fantasising. I even had a long period where I experienced a meditation technique and I stopped my thoughts for a long time (to stop lying to myself!).
But as soon as I began thinking I did it the same way. Maybe it doesn't stop but it changes.

For example I think about a man I haven't seen for years and in my head I speak to him a lot (!:w00t::love:) Years ago I would have thought he feels the same about me (that what I imagine is real). Now I know he probably doesn't remember me but I feel pleasure talking to him and every time I begin imagining us (asking him for advice etc) I ask myself - "You know you create a fantasy? You really want this?" and the answer is yes. So I consciously dream.

I don't try to stop it, I enjoy it and recognize this reality exists only for me.

And about beliefs - I've been so wrong that I treat them lightly in case I have to change them. I may not know the truth but who does? And I pay attention to keeping myself doubtful.

"There is nothing to believe". My mind is in this state. So? I'm not that hurt when I find somebody lies to me. It was possible. Or if I lie to myself. That's possible also.

Maybe the purpose of Neptune is to show you "illusions". Layers of lies that are part of the truth. I mean, if my illusions were really "nothing", they wouldn't exist at all. They have some reality. Maybe with Neptune very aspected someone dreams a lot but with time they can recognize it's a dream and they could use the dream, they could be "creators of dreams" instead of being lost in them.

I see the message as -

The Dream is not Real
The Dream is not Non-Real

And I thought about writing the imaginary adventures I have with that man:w00t::whistling::love:.

Last edited:

Blackempress

Neptune is not all illusion but it is the highest form of the mind connected to emotions, fantasy, spirituality, idealism & creativity.
I have a 10th Neptune conj mc. I'm spiritual, imaginative, humanitarian & artistic. I have a grand dream for world peace & spirituality. I am also religious & psychic.

Neptune-sun can b tricky. Since Neptune tends to dissolve boundaries, it can actually lead to self-deception or glamorization of oneself. There is loss of ego, identity confusion, escapism or identifying with savior-victim roles. The person would b very psychic & extremely sensitive. She Could also b a visionary n spiritual person but whatever the case maybe, this individual is very compassionate.

sequestra

I think that neptune's influence can be converted/sublimated, not that I've worked out exactly how to do so in any ideal sense. I currently have a sun conjunct neptune transit happening until 2014, and aside from that I'm quite heavily neptunian (pisces sun sextile nep, pisces venus/mars square nep in 1st). My delusional propensities (mostly in regards to myself) have plagued me for my entire life, but I'm getting better at identifying this "blurriness" when it arises. Sometimes it's still very hard, so I empathize with your situation, but I don't believe your struggles to date mean that you will always struggle. You are obviously aware of this tendency within yourself now, and that's the first big step.

Bina

I think that can be one reaction to the opposition, just being practical and down to Earth, dismissing Neptune. But perhaps the key lies in finding a balance between the "real" or material world and the spiritual world. I have the same opposition as you, Sun closely conjunct Mars (3rd house) opp Neptune (9th house). As a teenager i went through a phase of denying all spiritual realities, but still deep down i was searching, life at the time also seemed empty and depressing. I think it can be a struggle with what to believe, faith and religion (9th house issues).

I don't know about being deceived so much, i think it's more like being unrealistic and living in a fantasy world about things and people, which leads to feeling disappointed and disillusioned...

I can definitely tell you, it got better as i got older, i now have found my own way with spiritual things, have found my own belief system which works for me and i am also learning to see people and situations more clearly and make sound judgments. Sometimes the Neptunian fantasy fog still comes along and has me in a cloud for a while, but eventually i will see through it again - and don't feel as devastated as i used to when my cherished fantasy vanishes with a puff of smoke. I just go (sigh): "Oh well, that didn't work out..never mind.. let's do something else.."

hope this makes sense to you.. since we are talking about Neptune who can be all kinds of things and loves to cause confusion..:innocent::smile:

midnight sun

I think that can be one reaction to the opposition, just being practical and down to Earth, dismissing Neptune. But perhaps the key lies in finding a balance between the "real" or material world and the spiritual world. I have the same opposition as you, Sun closely conjunct Mars (3rd house) opp Neptune (9th house). As a teenager i went through a phase of denying all spiritual realities, but still deep down i was searching, life at the time also seemed empty and depressing. I think it can be a struggle with what to believe, faith and religion (9th house issues).

I don't know about being deceived so much, i think it's more like being unrealistic and living in a fantasy world about things and people, which leads to feeling disappointed and disillusioned...

I can definitely tell you, it got better as i got older, i now have found my own way with spiritual things, have found my own belief system which works for me and i am also learning to see people and situations more clearly and make sound judgments. Sometimes the Neptunian fantasy fog still comes along and has me in a cloud for a while, but eventually i will see through it again - and don't feel as devastated as i used to when my cherished fantasy vanishes with a puff of smoke. I just go (sigh): "Oh well, that didn't work out..never mind.. let's do something else.."

hope this makes sense to you.. since we are talking about Neptune who can be all kinds of things and loves to cause confusion..:innocent::smile:

Thanks Bina for your answer. Like you I changed my belief system so many times. My Neptune is in 3rd and Sun-Mars conj. in 9th. Till the age of 20s, I don't think about religions etc. I have obsession in religion. And in the beginning of 20s, I was an atheist and I was happy with that.

Everything changed when I met a woman, a so-called Shaman. Which I am decieved spiritually. (I have opened threads about it here, believing in ancestor healing) But it caused so many traumas in my mind, I stopped going to these works. I lost my reality perception. The whole experiment is a very Neptune type. Now I'm in fear of living something like that again.

As I see the answers, people don't see Neptunian effects so dangerous, they can live their life with it normally. But unfortunetaly I'm not. Yes I'm decieved and maybe when I get older, I will be better.

But, Neptune caused things take my time so much, I can't concentrate on any other thing, things which I have to do. My ideals. I lost so many times, doing things nonsense. Thinking about them all the time. That is what I'm angry of. I still can't see any benefit of it. I think Neptune tries to make me crazy. :lol:

And creativeness....I wish I have but I don't have any creative talent. So I understand that when Neptune starts a transit, I have to start taking pills :smile:

And do you feel like you don't have an exact image of yourself? I feel that all the time. I even feel that I don't have a one face. I have several faces and people see the different ones. I mean my face in my body.
My own image is very blurred. When I'm depressed, I feel I don't exist. I always need more material references for feeling myself, or understand that I exist.

Last edited:

Bina

And do you feel like you don't have an exact image of yourself? I feel that all the time. I even feel that I don't have a one face. I have several faces and people see the different ones. I mean my face in my body.
My own image is very blurred. When I'm depressed, I feel I don't exist. I always need more material references for feeling myself, or understand that I exist.

Yes, i know exactly what you are talking about, i also feel like that, often all fuzzy around the edges, or like i'm dissolving - not very real physically, i'm Pisces rising as well. Sometimes i even feel invisible and it also happens that people don't see me or hear me.. definitely find it impossible to see myself clearly, even physically. And yes, many faces, like a chameleon, changing and adapting to everything around me.. maybe this has it's advantages too, it's like shapeshifting..:smile:

Last edited:

ErraticPatterns

I have a natal position of Neptun opposition Sun-Mars. Since I started to read and learn astrology, I always read the same thing about Neptune, its popularity on deceiving person.

Do you think it's a fate for the person who has hard Neptune aspects in his/her birth chart?
And do you think it effects the person's whole character and all areas of life or just the houses which Neptune is connected?

Hmm...well I don't think it's really a fate. Actually saying that about Neptune and "it's popularity on deceiving person" is kind of tricky. I have Mars opposite Neptune which probably must be a hard aspect. I'm actually sun Aries with rising (ascendant) Pisces which makes things even harder. People hardly can say I'm an Aries actually i don't seem like one at all. And I think I'm probably really influenced by Neptune, but I don't see it as a deceiving thing.
Now on your thing. Well you say that you feel deceived but you should look at things in different way. A strong belief shouldn't mean to believe like a blind person completely being led by someone else. You know that people make faults and sometimes faults may seem to you like betrayals or something. I don't really know what happened in your case. But what is most important when you believe in someone or some kind of spiritual teachings you should also doubt them. That's part of the belief actually. When you doubt things more often not to feel confused but just having still a different thought in your mind it makes you balance better. I cannot describe myself the nature of Neptune or any planet influence but sure neptunian energies make you more idealistic when thinking. But it also make you see really fantastic stuff that you should keep as your own world of beauty you or just as a possibility for the real world, but should still doubt it ;)

midnight sun

Hmm...well I don't think it's really a fate. Actually saying that about Neptune and "it's popularity on deceiving person" is kind of tricky. I have Mars opposite Neptune which probably must be a hard aspect. I'm actually sun Aries with rising (ascendant) Pisces which makes things even harder. People hardly can say I'm an Aries actually i don't seem like one at all. And I think I'm probably really influenced by Neptune, but I don't see it as a deceiving thing.
Now on your thing. Well you say that you feel deceived but you should look at things in different way. A strong belief shouldn't mean to believe like a blind person completely being led by someone else. You know that people make faults and sometimes faults may seem to you like betrayals or something. I don't really know what happened in your case. But what is most important when you believe in someone or some kind of spiritual teachings you should also doubt them. That's part of the belief actually. When you doubt things more often not to feel confused but just having still a different thought in your mind it makes you balance better. I cannot describe myself the nature of Neptune or any planet influence but sure neptunian energies make you more idealistic when thinking. But it also make you see really fantastic stuff that you should keep as your own world of beauty you or just as a possibility for the real world, but should still doubt it ;)

I think I understand what you mean.
In the spiritual work, I really wanted to believe it. I wanted it to be real and choose to belive. And my perceptions changed in that way.
It's a desire which I can't resist. I was sick psychologically for a long time and I hold on to this dream. That it will heal me. But it was not only my fault of course. Because at first I was afraid of joining it. But two women induced me.

Maybe it was very clear. But I don't want to see it. One psychiatrist and one psychologist warned me. But I didn't listen to them. I wanted to believe...

It was an exact Neptune experience. Because during works, I was told that I was important, I have an important duty for world, I am protected, I have an animal spirit, angels protecting me etc. You can guess how my unclear Neptunian Sun was happy to hear that. :smile:

Interesting thing is there were no Neptune transits, just Uranus square Neptune-Sun opp. I usually live the illusions during a Neptune transit, the effect is doubled. So I'm surprised.

How can I protect myself in the future? Because this happened twice in my life. İllusioned love affairs happened so much that I closed myself but still I'm afraid of myself, if I again choose to believe...

midnight sun

Neptune is not all illusion but it is the highest form of the mind connected to emotions, fantasy, spirituality, idealism & creativity.
I have a 10th Neptune conj mc. I'm spiritual, imaginative, humanitarian & artistic. I have a grand dream for world peace & spirituality. I am also religious & psychic.

Neptune-sun can b tricky. Since Neptune tends to dissolve boundaries, it can actually lead to self-deception or glamorization of oneself. There is loss of ego, identity confusion, escapism or identifying with savior-victim roles. The person would b very psychic & extremely sensitive. She Could also b a visionary n spiritual person but whatever the case maybe, this individual is very compassionate.

I wish I can feel Neptune like that, creative and spiritual. But I experience it much more like an illness. Lots of people do spiritual work and feel relaxed and peaceful but mine experience is psychosis. :smile: A non-creative psychosis which is not useful.

My fate is very strange. I'm created to be interested in things which makes me ill. This world is my Hell. What I'm going through is a punishment.

I cee

Hi Midnight Sun, I feel neptune, as everyone has already said, wants to to dissolve and have no boudries to whatever it touches.

Don't forget though you do have a sun/mars conjunction that is an assertive aspect, of course neptune wants to tap into this but if you see it as a positive rather than a negative and maybe get more into your mars, this may help?

I don't know your chart, but an opposition, although considered a hard aspect, the opp is easier than a square in a way, the trouble being that one will sometimes identify with one end and then at other times with the other, but if you can find a way to intergrate these energies, which are compatible by being the 'two sides of the same coin' into the themes in the houses they are in, in a positive way they may not feel so overwhelming.

Easier said than done, I know, I have moon opp neptune and yes deception is part of neptune, but its teaching you to make boundries, find your own level and not let others merge into this, I have pluto helping me out.
Do you have much earth or air in your chart? Maybe tap into this or see if you have softer aspects touching these two points as a way to strengthen the opposition.

Although you say you were led into something unpleasent by the women you mention......did part of you WANT to be led??
In my opinion Neptune will keep making you learn this lesson until you see your own part in this, and with the opposition, sometimes we attract the neptune in others which can't be acknowledged in ourselves.

Neptune also heightens which it touches and in a positive view can bestow great artistic and spiritual/healing values to the personality which can be used to bring a heightened love energy to society.
Thru helping others, vountary work maybe or painting,sculpting, writing,making music??
I am artistic and this helps me I think by fueling the neptune energy in a safe place where boundries CAN be dissolved.

When you feel the fogginess, maybe do something earthy, gardening, diy, cooking, walk in the woods, be around nature....just a thought?
Or connect to air and keep objectivity and distance in mind.
See what really is there and not what you want to see there!
Then maybe you won't feel so let down and disillusioned by others and circumstances.

midnight sun

Hi Midnight Sun, I feel neptune, as everyone has already said, wants to to dissolve and have no boudries to whatever it touches.

Don't forget though you do have a sun/mars conjunction that is an assertive aspect, of course neptune wants to tap into this but if you see it as a positive rather than a negative and maybe get more into your mars, this may help?

I don't know your chart, but an opposition, although considered a hard aspect, the opp is easier than a square in a way, the trouble being that one will sometimes identify with one end and then at other times with the other, but if you can find a way to intergrate these energies, which are compatible by being the 'two sides of the same coin' into the themes in the houses they are in, in a positive way they may not feel so overwhelming.

Easier said than done, I know, I have moon opp neptune and yes deception is part of neptune, but its teaching you to make boundries, find your own level and not let others merge into this, I have pluto helping me out.
Do you have much earth or air in your chart? Maybe tap into this or see if you have softer aspects touching these two points as a way to strengthen the opposition.

Although you say you were led into something unpleasent by the women you mention......did part of you WANT to be led??
In my opinion Neptune will keep making you learn this lesson until you see your own part in this, and with the opposition, sometimes we attract the neptune in others which can't be acknowledged in ourselves.

Neptune also heightens which it touches and in a positive view can bestow great artistic and spiritual/healing values to the personality which can be used to bring a heightened love energy to society.
Thru helping others, vountary work maybe or painting,sculpting, writing,making music??
I am artistic and this helps me I think by fueling the neptune energy in a safe place where boundries CAN be dissolved.

When you feel the fogginess, maybe do something earthy, gardening, diy, cooking, walk in the woods, be around nature....just a thought?
Or connect to air and keep objectivity and distance in mind.
See what really is there and not what you want to see there!
Then maybe you won't feel so let down and disillusioned by others and circumstances.

Thank you very much, I like your post.

Yes I wanted to join this spiritual work. First I was very afraid but after two women talked to me, I accepted to join. After the first work I joined, lots of strange things happened, weird energic dreams etc, I lived a kind of psychosis for a while. But two different psychologists warned me in different times. My mother warned me.

So yes, I have a fault also. Because I worked with this woman before and I got sick psychologically that time. I thought the second can heal me. I believed maybe my illness could be healed. But it goes worst.

Our one side always knows we're doing a wrong choice. Especially in relationships. But at the time, we are feeling so desperate(for being loved maybe) we want to believe it. If all the things I lived were for changing this behaviour, I will never believe in anyone or anything in the future. I'm trying to build it at these days.

I have also Pluto helping me. Maybe if Pluto wasn't there, things will be worst. Because when things are going worse, especially in a relationship or at school, in the last minute I grow stronger and finish my duties. I believe this is Pluto. Just this year, my Pluto is not working, he seems to leave me :smile:

Pluto is really picking up after Neptune. But I'm feeling a growing rage inside me. A grudge. A stubborness. I can stop talking to people and last it forever with that rage. Pluto's help is growing rage inside me, to other people and to myself. Neptune usually turns the rages to the person herself. So I feel all the experience is for hating myself more. :D Hahaha

Attachments

• astro_245gw_01_anonymous_201285.42742.10787.jpg
    astro_245gw_01_anonymous_201285.42742.10787.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 15

Bradders

Life imo is a dream, whatever you think will come true and become a reality, things you hide inside yourself are projected onto others. I'd trust my intuition more, I admit I suffer the same way, but you can, with arranging the right thought processes, essentially control everything that life has to offer. It's your world. Your dream to create. It just starts with your brain, then it goes to your eyes; to your mouth.

Every bad situation I believe in our lives we're to learn something. Perhaps it's trying again or slowing down something, I'm currently trying to slow down my extravagence whilst allowing it.

Neptune imo could've given a very sweet and congenial personality still. I imagined people did really like you alot; they still do. If anything, trusting in this world is more stronger imo than a closed door. That's shutting off all further opportunities for friendship and love. I imagine despite what you've seen, you've made great friends.

I admit, I suffer with it myself. But I see the future. The future is a glowing beacon of light. Always there. Always for something to reach out for.

All those people I imagine who completely close off to people either become really aggressive or a menace to society. I'm not saying you will. But I'm saying, those with closed doors will only know suffering and the future is a open door that must be opened and will be opened again and again.

I still imagine there has been beautiful moments in your life, yes? All darkness I figure comes from within. Perhaps its time for you to evaluate your life a little and to learn perhaps what is causing these scenarios from within.

At the end of the day, I'd keep going, perhaps it's good that life is giving you these pictures of people. People can be so paranoid these days and I admit, it is healthier to keep trying than to fall prey to some mental disorder, don't you? Life is revealing the darkness in others, and it is now.

I'd keep going. You'll persevere and you will find the loves you can cherish and count on. I'd never give up. True beauty may just come when you least expect it. I'd take no one for granted and continue on still, because the moment you might, you'd regret it sincerely.

Once more, I'd take nothing for granted. Nothing. You may just desperately want something inside and miss it if you approached another with a attitude of pointing out flaws or judgemental. Judgement imo can kill these chances. Life will keep giving you chances as long as you step forward and continue on. If you're looking for something, I'd keep going and believe you will get it, or it might not even show.

The inner child, the beauty of your youth can only continue if you remain the wonderous child, curious and hungry for knowledge, adventure and satisfaction. Imo, we're not creatures of rest, we're restless and wild creatures of Karma and lessons. Sitting still alerts us, the ones I consider at peace are those who know no peace. Who keep searching. The only way to keep happy imo is to remain that child, to keep going and searching. You're on the right path right now. I wouldn't tell you to discern, again, like I said, I'd take nothing for granted. :)

This is why I think all mutable children are like children, it is the secret to eternal youth. :) Those who imagine became distrusting, are in far more misery than you. They're paranoid, they're lost in the past and in eternal suffering from something perhaps from years ago. I'd never stop looking forward. I'd keep going. You're on the right path. :)

Last edited: