What in the chart indicates your life lessons?

Amit89

I wish to know what in the chart indicates a individuals life lessons?

True node, the ascendent and the sun?

Maybe if an individual has a stellium in their chart that can indicate it.

Thank you

EDIT: thanks and also Saturn

Last edited:

AppLeo

Look at Saturn and the north node

Saturn restricts or creates obstacles based the sign, house and aspects it makes. Due to these restrictions, we overcompensate or work very hard to overcome the difficulties. Saturn does not accept easy shortcuts and expects one to put in the hard-work. We have to learn all the lessons and advance through all the levels before we become masters.

The north node shows where we want to go, but we just can’t get there quite yet. In the earlier part of life we express our south node, but we’re pushed into the north node eventually, whether we like it or not. Being pushed into this new area of life teaches us lessons or provides us growth because we express something we never have before.

Bunraku

Look at Saturn and the north node

Saturn restricts or creates obstacles based the sign, house and aspects it makes. Due to these restrictions, we overcompensate or work very hard to overcome the difficulties. Saturn does not accept easy shortcuts and expects one to put in the hard-work. We have to learn all the lessons and advance through all the levels before we become masters.

What lessons and restrictions have you had to work hard at to overcompensate, based on your chart?

Hkk

Account Closed

Thank you

Your sun and north node. Any strong aspects

waybread

Your north node shows where your growth lies.

Your MC shows your vocation in life (which may or may not relate to your occupation. Check also the planet ruling your MC's sign.)

Your pre-natal lunar eclipse shows what you are on the planet to learn. Its position will be similar to your nodal axis, but could be in a different sign and house. You can locate your pre-natal lunar eclipse on the Astrodienst www.astro.com free charts section-- just scroll down the list of additional data points.

Hkk

Account Closed
Your north node shows where your growth lies.

Your MC shows your vocation in life (which may or may not relate to your occupation. Check also the planet ruling your MC's sign.)

Your pre-natal lunar eclipse shows what you are on the planet to learn. Its position will be similar to your nodal axis, but could be in a different sign and house. You can locate your pre-natal lunar eclipse on the Astrodienst www.astro.com free charts section-- just scroll down the list of additional data points.

Oooh thanks for the link. Very useful

Is vocational not the same as occupational - what’s the difference

Osamenor

Staff member
Oooh thanks for the link. Very useful

Is vocational not the same as occupational - what’s the difference

I think the definition waybread is using is vocation = calling. Purpose in life. Soul purpose. A slightly archaic use of the word is in a religious context: if someone feels called to be a monk or nun, that's their vocation.

Occupation is the job you make your living from. That's not the same thing as your overall purpose. Lots of people, probably most people, find the greatest meaning in their lives from something other than what they do for a paycheck.

Tenth house is considered the house of career, and it often does describe people's career jobs, but its broader meaning is how you're known to the public. The public in this case may just be your community, but it's still public. If you're known for being very outspoken, or a community organizer, or a hermit, or the town drunk, it reflects your tenth house.

Amit89

Thank you very much all your your input and insights.

A north node in Aquarius would indicate someone to be people orientated, be service to the people, not to be self-centred.

And a libra sun and saturn could indicate they need to know how to co-operate, learn to give and take, learn how to be in harmony with people.

Hkk

Account Closed
Thank you very much all your your input and insights.

A north node in Aquarius would indicate someone to be people orientated, be service to the people, not to be self-centred.

And a libra sun and saturn could indicate they need to know how to co-operate, learn to give and take, learn how to be in harmony with people.

The opposite to that then, Leo north node need to be about themselves? Even in Aquarius house -11th?

wilsontc

Staff member
house and sign in nodes, to hkkk

hkk,

You asked:
The opposite to that then, Leo north node need to be about themselves? Even in Aquarius house -11th?

The house of the North node indicates WHERE you need to focus in your life and the sign the North node is in indicates HOW you go about doing that. Leo North node in the 11th house indicates this person needs to focus on developing social connection and is probably interested in humanitarian things. The Leo North node indicates they go about creating this social/humanitarian focus by expressing themselves in some way.

Explaining,

Tim

Hkk

Account Closed
hkk,

You asked:

The house of the North node indicates WHERE you need to focus in your life and the sign the North node is in indicates HOW you go about doing that. Leo North node in the 11th house indicates this person needs to focus on developing social connection and is probably interested in humanitarian things. The Leo North node indicates they go about creating this social/humanitarian focus by expressing themselves in some way.

Explaining,

Tim

Thanks! Makes sense.

I try my best. It’s hard to understand sometimes or get my head around it as opposite signs in opposite of their house being a libra rising! But I get it

sworm09

Thank you

From a more traditional perspective the Ascendant and its lord have the most in the chart to do with you directly. The house placement of the ruler of the Ascendant shows the major themes that they'll confront in life.

There are probably several Lots (or Arabic Parts) that have something to do with this as all of the Lots have to do with things that happen without our direct control. Fortune and Spirit are easily the most important.

waybread

Right, Osamenor.

The word "vocation" has the same root as our word "voice." From its Latin origins we get the sense of a "calling."

Amit, look at the location of the planetary ruler of the MC. If it's in the 5th house, for example, one's calling in life might have to do with raising children-- or with some kind of recreational pursuit. The 5th house rules both. If the ruler of the MC is in the 9th, someone might be drawn to study philosophy or become a long-haul world traveler.

Some people do express their vocation through their career or occupation (10th house, possibly 6th house) but some people have other callings in life.

With the MC as the sun's highest point in the sky, this also gives the meaning of the MC as what you are known for in a public way, even by people who don't know you personally. Any type of honour for a distinguished career or noteworthy action belongs here.

Horoscopic astrology developed during historical periods when well-off land owners didn't have to work. So the MC question was more about some kind of fame or honor they might recieve, like a prestigious political appointment.

Last edited:

Bunraku

How the 5th house became lumped in with children and recreational pursuits is beyond me. Because children are the opposite of fun and pleasurable. Making them however ;)

Hkk

Account Closed
Right, Osamenor.

The word "vocation" has the same root as our word "voice." From its Latin origins we get the sense of a "calling."

Amit, look at the location of the planetary ruler of the MC. If it's in the 5th house, for example, one's calling in life might have to do with raising children-- or with some kind of recreational pursuit. The 5th house rules both. If the ruler of the MC is in the 9th, someone might be drawn to study philosophy or become a long-haul world traveler.

Some people do express their vocation through their career or occupation (10th house, possibly 6th house) but some people have other callings in life.

With the MC as the sun's highest point in the sky, this also gives the meaning of the MC as what you are known for in a public way, even by people who don't know you personally. Any type of honour for a distinguished career or noteworthy action belongs here.

Horoscopic astrology developed during historical periods when well-off land owners didn't have to work. So the MC question was more about some kind of fame or honor they might recieve, like a prestigious political appointment.

So e.g. my MC is cancer. My moon- planetary ruler of MC is in 11th house leo and my birth node in leo is in 11th.

Does this then mean my vocation -life’s calling and my occupation is the same or should be the same as my north node and planetary ruler is all connected?

Am I understanding correctly and do I make sense to you

Hkk

Account Closed

Thank you

I like this thread 😊 thank you 😊

Osamenor

Staff member
How the 5th house became lumped in with children and recreational pursuits is beyond me. Because children are the opposite of fun and pleasurable. Making them however ;)

The making them part is fifth house. That's a correlation right there.

The more general meaning of fifth house is spontaneity, unpredictable outcomes. When you do something purely for pleasure, it's spontaneous and you're not trying to control the outcome. Raising children means much of the same. No matter what ideas you have about how your children will turn out, you don't control the outcome. You can't even predict what they'll do minute to minute, especially when they're little.

Fifth house feeds the sixth. In that light, you can say the pleasure of spontaneously making babies is followed by the drudgery of raising them.

Osamenor

Staff member
So e.g. my MC is cancer. My moon- planetary ruler of MC is in 11th house leo and my birth node in leo is in 11th.

Does this then mean my vocation -life’s calling and my occupation is the same or should be the same as my north node and planetary ruler is all connected?

Not necessarily. As you say, there are connections between them, but your occupation could be something that manifests this Leo/Moon/eleventh house theme in a different way from the way Leo/eleventh house shows up in your personal growth.

Hkk

Account Closed
Not necessarily. As you say, there are connections between them, but your occupation could be something that manifests this Leo/Moon/eleventh house theme in a different way from the way Leo/eleventh house shows up in your personal growth.

Well isn’t that the same thing?